LG G3 issues

Started by PennySludt, March 16, 2016, 08:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennySludt

I've had my G3 for about a year and for the past several months now, I've been getting a notification that pops up on the bottom of my screen in a little blue box that overlays everything. It only lasts a few seconds and won't show up in screenshots so I memorized piece by piece as it came up and put it together. Does anyone know what it means?

Removing geofences by request id failed: error code 1000
GeofenceRequestIDs=[641580, 641578, 641577, 641579]

Also, over the last few weeks, the phone has been randomly restarting itself for no apparent reason.

I'd rather not have to trek to Best Buy and hand it over and lose all my apps if I don't have to, obviously :P
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

The Dark Raven

Random restart could be updates?  I have heard of geofence but I need to refresh myself before I could give you any info.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Orange Marmalade

looks like this is a common bug with some devices. For reference: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/578209-very-annoying-error-message-geofences-fail-what.html

It looks like there's a few things people that have found that cause it.

If you have Charlotte Russe or Michaels installed, uninstall that.

If not those, then go into Settings -> Location and look for the app list that shows you which apps are requesting your location. The most recent app will be on top and is most likely the offender.

If that does work - if you have Location Services off try turning them on for now to see if that fixes your issue.

PennySludt

Nooooooo! Not Michael's! Say it isn't so!? *sob*

Alright, I'll give it a shot. :P Thank you!
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

PennySludt

I had already checked for updates, Raven, and it said I was up to date

Marmalade, I uninstalled Michael's last night and so far so good. I also uninstalled Pandora, which seemed to be setting off the restarts, along with a bunch of games the kids had downloaded, and so far today it hasn't turned off either, so we'll see over the next couple of days if that worked.

Thanks guys! :D

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.