[Enigma Complex] Modern Mages - Based on Mage: the Ascension

Started by Wispyr, June 02, 2017, 01:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Amarlo on June 06, 2017, 03:26:30 PM
So obsessed with me <3

Of course, I adore you and miss you.  How better to let you know that than horrid banter? 

<3

AndyZ

Quote from: Amarlo on June 06, 2017, 03:26:30 PM
So obsessed with me <3

And no, my nether regions are more so likened to Wraith: The Oblivion  ::)

Sounds better than Werewolf: the Apocalypse >.>
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Amarlo

Quote from: Wispyr on June 06, 2017, 03:12:01 PM
Character Sheets are going to start going up soon. Malcolm's, for obvious reasons, has information that's not readily available... But will be added as we go on.

I'll be including my character soonish.. and then as I approve people.
Ugh, I JUST got my crappy thing done and you want more from me?! SO DEMANDING! D<

Quote from: Intimate Ink on June 06, 2017, 03:44:42 PM
Of course, I adore you and miss you.  How better to let you know that than horrid banter? 

<3
By pming me more! D<

Quote from: AndyZ on June 06, 2017, 03:45:38 PM
Sounds better than Werewolf: the Apocalypse >.>
It honestly depends on the person. >.>

Now if we're going outside of the spectrum of World Of Darkness settings I'd go with something a bit more Lovecraftian >.>

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Xurtan

Quote from: Amarlo on June 06, 2017, 03:50:52 PM
Now if we're going outside of the spectrum of World Of Darkness settings I'd go with something a bit more Lovecraftian >.>

Can't go wrong with mind breaking tentacles!

Wispyr

A mathing failure on my part has lead to a slight tweak to the Resonance -> Arete conversion.

You may increase your Arete by 1, by increasing your Resonance by 2. This has been updated in the information.

Amarlo

Can you lower your resonance over the course of the game?

Quote from: Xurtan on June 06, 2017, 04:04:23 PM
Can't go wrong with mind breaking tentacles!

Here here!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Yes. You can also increase it. Arete will also increase - and unlikely, but possibly, decrease.

Yurie

Question though; how exactly are you going to handle the individual Traditions? You didn't mention anything about them in the main post...

Wispyr

This is one of the concepts that was more or less removed. The traditions, in game, will represent factions of mages. Like grand cabals almost. For the most part the characters will be unaffiliated with them, though they may end up working around them depending on how the game goes.

tl;dr traditions are a plot device, and not something that the characters belong to. In very basic (but also very inaccurate) terms... All PC's are Hollow Ones.

AribethAmkiir

Bah, I'm getting all bogged down by the minutia of the math.  lol.  Kind of ironic considering my character concept.   ::)

Wispyr

It's super easy math! I promise. Nothing at all to it. :D

And if you need help, poke me!

AribethAmkiir

I sent you a PM, and yes it is super easy math.  I just need to quit being lazy and grab a scrap piece of paper.  Not so much the math as keeping track of where everything goes.  :D

Wispyr

I was going to offer my chest to you and a sharpie... but I couldn't think about how to make it suggestive without also making it creepy...

Scrap paper is a good tool, I guess. xD

AribethAmkiir

Well, as interesting as your suggestion is, I think it'd involve a plane ticket, some PTO, and probably a bunch of other things. :P

Intimate Ink

You know, Malcolm could get his computer moving so much faster if he switched to a nice, modest-sized SSD for his operating system on C, and then used a separate D drive to store all his data center files.  Just saying.

Xurtan

I rather assumed the whole thing was on an SSD, or at least I'd hope so. What good is magic if it can't even get you some decent tech? :P Especially with SSD prices these days. Although considering I've spent the better part of the last handful of days arguing with AT&T about DSL not being as good as cable, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

Amarlo

I'm fairly certain it's a bio-ssd what with magic involved. Depending on the processing speed of the hardware you'd be amazed at how quickly you can download data with a brain.  :o

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Rebelle

Huh...

I wonder if the timing is kismet... I found my mta book just the other night and went "man I need to play mage "

AndyZ

Quote from: Rebelle on June 07, 2017, 04:23:08 PM
Huh...

I wonder if the timing is kismet... I found my mta book just the other night and went "man I need to play mage "

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Intimate Ink

Wispyr

Quote from: Rebelle on June 07, 2017, 04:23:08 PM
Huh...

Fate. Fate. Fate. Fate.

One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.

Join us! :D

Rebelle

All right - after my next two days of hell, I will see if I can't come up with a good concept.

I also have.. board work to do myself ;)

But I am going to pondercate :D

Amarlo

Yay Rebelle! More chances to get to know you as a writer are a plus to me.  ;D

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Amarlo

Double post. Sorry!

So I just sent my lady in and seeing as most of us are meant to have been living in Philly around this time, that means our characters have a waaay better to chance of randomly meeting than if we were from all over the place. Sooo I can have one or two people my character is already associated with. Could be friends, enemies, frenemies, etc. Some random long time patron of the store or restaurant she works at. Lmfao. I find it easier to get into games when my characters have connections to work with. x3

Anyways, if you're interested, pm me!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

We currently have 4 characters approved (not including mine, so 5, technically). We're waiting to see concepts from the following writers:

Codexa
Rebelle
Erich Norden
Yurie
Relikai
eternaldarkness

I'll continue to accept concepts through this weekend, after that I'm going to look to approving characters and getting the game started.

For those with approved characters, Out of Character is now open.