News:

Main Menu

120 online?!

Started by GoldenChild, December 11, 2006, 03:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenChild

The 10th of december we had 120 users online on the same time... is that figure true? If it is... what happened? Did we have an E party I missed or what?

Lilac

No, several spidering services decided to say 'hi' at the same time.  I think Inktomi was the main culprit but I'm not sure >_>

Elvi

*Blinks*

Now THAT would have been something to see..........
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Lilac

Well I installed a little mod.  30 of Yahoo's babies are on at the moment >_>

Elvi

*laughs*

Yes....I've just been looking.....they're scuttling all over the place!
(And I thought our dining room was the place they hybernated......)

I hope that poor little google doesn't get picked on by all of those yahoos........

Lilac

Can you imagine what it'd look like if we left the forums completely open?

Elvi

I dread to think!
I even called Strangely upstairs to have a look, have never seen them 'in action' before.

See....This site is not only entertainment, but education as well!....*grins*

GoldenChild

On another note... what is Yahoo spiders?

Lilac

Yahoo! Slurp is Yahoo's spider.  It indexes sites for Yahoo's search engine, mostly so when people type in 'Elliquiy' or a username that isn't a common word, it'll find us >_>  Same with Googlebot and Google, but, Google is nice and behaved while Yahoo is hitting us with thousands of requests to get it over with in a day or so.

Since only 5% of the site is visible it's not a big deal.

Though I often wonder if locking this place down was the best decision.

Elvi

As I explained to Strangely, it's a search engine sending out lots of little spiders onto the web to gather information for it.
But then I do tend to get over technical with these things......*laughs*....

And I believe that the site needs to be 'locked down' as you put it Lilac.
It makes people feel secure in what they do here and gives them the confidence to do it.

Lilac

That is quite true, but like I said...  that's 15,000 posts visible and 270,000 posts not.  Not many people have much of an idea of what they'll find here unless they are personally invited.  The 'normal games' area is not particularly active, after all.

Elvi

Perhaps a 'current games being played' thread?
(Just thinking off the top of my head here)

For instance:

Heavy Exotic > NC: Exotic System > 'The collector' (3.5 D&D)

Rules:

3.5 Dungeons & Dragons rules.

Characters will start with 10,000 experience.  Which is 5th level, and/or with ecl of +1 is 4th level and ecl +2  = 3rd level.

Races; Any within the books.   Monsters thou will use the Savage species level build.

Build; the 32 pt build will be used in building a character.  Remember to take the +1 ability bump at 4th level.

Hit Points - max at 1st level, then half + 1 + con for every level after.

Alignments; Any.

Classes; Any that are offered.

Starting gold and magic each get 9000 GP for equipping your character.   Magic is limited only to how you want to spend the gold in acquiring items.

The Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, will be used.

Midtones > Bondage and the Like: Exotic > Nekomata: The Game of Kitties

General FAQ

Q: Where is this game located?

A: This game is based mainly in Japan, although players do have a choice as to where they wish to play, main supporters of the Cat-Girl breeding program involve the US, UK, Germany, Netherlands and Japan mainly.

Q: What is the age limits for Cat-Girls?

A: Well, most cat-girls, those not created with excellerated genetics are roughly around the age of 18 to that of 20. Although, there are those who are quick grown, as were their first predacessors and are roughly around a few years old. They appear full grown around the age of 18 and age appropriately as if they were.

Q: Are Cat-Girls fertile/sterile or what?

A: Cat-Girls are only fertile with themselves and then only after issued a specific chemical compound that breeders may own and purchase. Without a breeding license, it is impossible to purchase such chemicals, unless say on the black market, but they carry heavy fines and imprisonment if you're found breeding cat-girls.

Q: Why only female and hermaphrodite Cat-Girls? Where are the Cat-Men?

A: The scientist as was unable to get the male genetics to mesh well with the feline genetics, it created chaotic beast-men loyal to no one but themselves. Most were killed during the process and a few escaped, some still remain, but they're not player worthy and their wherabouts are unknown. The hermaphrodite was created to breed the Cat-Girls instead of the expensive quick-grow stem cell methods they used to create the first [although it can still be done, just more costly.] and as well used as a method of entertainment for those who have more interesting pallets.

Q: What rights do the Cat-Girls have?

A: They have a mix bit of rights, a merger of pets and human rights. Cat-Girls can only recieve full rights that humans can [the right to vote, own a business and et cetera] if they become married to their owner or a certified life-partner. It as well, has to be legalized and publicated to a certain extent [non-mass media unless THEY want it to be.]

Q: What traits do the Cat-Girls share?

A: They share the cute fuzzy ears, some carry whiskers, they all have nice fuzzy tails and soft patches of fur. Sometimes their hair takes coloration of their fur patterns, this is more common in the Wild Cats. As well, eyes are all slit like felines and generally range a large assortment of colors, human and feline alike. The fur patches do NOT cover any genetalia whatsoever, so a cat-girl couldn't decently go out in her fur. Some Cat-Girls have paws, some do not. As well, some do not even have fur, just the ears, tails, whiskers and cute kitty eyes. They as well share the fickle traits of the general populace of females and that of a cat, although the cat features have been muted. Their change emotions on a heart-beat usually only happens under extreme stress. Wild Cats share more the independant nature of women and feline alike then the Domestic Breed of Cat-Girl.

Q: How much do Cat-Girl's Cost? As well, if one is "wild" [not as in Wild Cat, but ownerless and not in a breeding/store] are they allowable to keep?

A: They tend to be within the mid range of a bleeding edge PC to that under a nice motorcycle. Expensive, but not overly so. All Cat-Girls are an investment. As for those wild and caught, they're only able to be collared and certified by a represenative of a nearby Breeding/Store and a Government Official.

Q: Are Cat-Girls like the sex-kittens in hentai as we all love and know?

A: More or less, yes. All Cat-Girls are highly sexual creatures and tend towards bisexuality more then any sort of biased sexual opinion.

Q: For the Cat-Girls that have patches of fur, what and where do they cover?

A: All Cat-Girls with fur patterns usually have them in eccentric manners, much like a tribal tattoo. Although, fur does not cover the genetalia and nipple portion of the breasts. A good example would be a hentai picture of Felicia for an example.

Q: Are the Common Statistics the maximum for Cat-Girl stats?

A: No, They're just that. Common, in by no means are they the maximum. Although the base stats ARE the minimum. They cannot be any lower.

Q: Do I need to send you the character sheet for approval or do I just post in the correct topic?

A: Post in the correct topic, but only if you have questions, send me a PM reguarding your character.

Q: Why are the Wild Cats larger then the Domestic?

A: Because in the real world, their feral forms are generally so. Thus, in this game, the spliced genetics of a wild cat would show in the traits. Thus, they're larger.

As I said, thinking off the top of my head here, but if games are 'logged' like this on the public pages, then at least people would get a flavour of what is there for them?

GoldenChild

Good idea, advertise the synapsis without publish the details :)

Lilac

Hmm, an expanded Newbies Guide, in a way?

I should make a forum for it, perhaps.

Elvi

Well as Goldie said, it gives an idea of the games that are played without the 'gory details'.....

Elvi

This sort of thread as well possibly?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7301.0

Jester started it asking for recomendations of one on one threads to read.......
Though perhaps without a link to it and just a title with a very brief description form the recomender?

ZK

Elvi just totally plugged my kitty game. ^^ I'm so proud.

Plus, yes, I tend to get anal like that on my games, I tend to right FAQs and such to keep confusion down to a minimum, especially when it comes to custom settings. :D
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Lilac

I have made a couple new forums to expand on Elvi's suggestion with ^_^