Interest Check: Fantasy Hero(ine)\Villain /Builder/ [NonCon]

Started by Jezabelle, December 14, 2015, 02:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezabelle

Mechanics
Builders are games most commonly associated with image boards like 4chan and 8ch.  Some prime examples: http://8ch.net/builders/catalog.htmL

In a builder, you provide the DM with "fluff" and make a few key statistical decisions; the DM will then give everyone bonuses and drawbacks that effect the otherwise simple numbers-and-rolls based mechanics uniquely according to your character.

You take a number of actions (usually 3-4) and roll a dice for each action (facilitated via some website\program; maybe we can find a dice roller that easily integrates with E).

Over the course of the game you take turns making multiple actions and fluffing interactions between yourself and other players.  You roll dice and factor in stats to determine the action's results.  Generally speaking players seek to obtain greater stats and items and other advantages to eventually obtain some personal objective, like become a Lich, slaying a dragon, rescuing a princess, or toppling a kingdom.

With few rules but new additions to the game tailor made based upon your fluff (narrative descriptions of your character), builders obtain personalization without depth, which means you can feel like you're really playing your unique character without having to memorize a manual.

To wit, draft 0 of the character sheet:

[[You Fill Out]]
Name:
Race:
Racial Description: (if not generic\feel there are details you want known about your personal kind of x, y, or z fantasy race)
Orientation:

Character's Kinks: (Whatever you think might come up in roleplay--masochistic characters might have a harder time enjoying pain but be better at enduring it, for example; similarly, submissive characters may have a harder time resisting attempts at domination but more easily gain the trust and loyalty of others)

Physical Description:
Personal History:

(distribute 7 points across the below)
Body:
Mind:
Soul:

Fluff (Describe abilities\powers):

[[DM Fills Out]]

Armor:
Weapon(s):

Gold:
Inventory:

Martial Abilities (Body):
Arcane Spells (Mind):
Spiritual Magick (Soul):

Advantage: (Crunch aspect based upon your narrative description of the player)
Eccentriciy: (A double-edged-sword or drawback based upon your narrative description)

Sexy Side
Depends on what players interested in the system are into, I suspect capturing\tormenting\teasing other players would factor in at some point.  Both NPCs and PCs could overpower PCs.  As I intend this to be a largely deathless builder barring player consent, losing things\being captured\banished to another plane from which you must escape would happen.  Thus, Non-Con is probs guaranteed.

This means while dice may screw you, they won't end you, and generally speaking you can stack stats and items and team up with buddies to the point where given time and gumption anything is possible.

However, due to some personal preferences, I can go ahead and say cross-play would be allowed and no sexuality would be unwelcome'd.

Setting
Races will be generated by what players pick and what we discuss here.  Thus we could be more or less generic based upon the desires of the players.

Generally speaking, rather than a grimdark or happy-go-lucky world I'd hope for a disparity of locations--there are some very good places and some very evil places and more'n a few places in between.  Dark kabals, happy springs, forlorn mountains, and stoic glades will be strewn about for the players to find.  Obviously they'll have the capacity to bring their own happiness or dread to these places individually, but in some places these actions will take more effort than others.

Birchleaf

I am expressing tentative interest. No time to make a sheet now, but I will keep an eye on this thread. Could be quite an interesting system.

Caitlin

Links are case sensitive, you should replace the L in your link with l or it won't work, fixed link; http://8ch.net/builders/catalog.html

On topic; I've never played in a system game before and yours seems pretty simple to join. I'd like some more information about the game first before investing time into a character sheet though.
What kind of world/ setting do you have in mind?

I clicked on some of the links in your example, but it doesn't make much sense to me and leaves me pretty confused. In general, I'm not sure if this is the sort of game I should join, but it does look interesting.