War of the Roses (alternative universe RP)

Started by akirakaneda, June 06, 2015, 11:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akirakaneda

hello, I was thinking in a medieval RP based on royal intrigues and terrible battles, a corrupt court and the brutality of the mercyless medieval war.

As this would be an alternative universe the plot would not neccessarilly follow the historical events of the War of the Roses, but there would be Yorks and Lancasters fighting each other.

I was thinking to start the RP with the king (or queen) coming back after the Englisg defeats in France during the last part of the 100 years war and find with an insurrection in the northern province or the coming back during the previous stage for the insurrection.

Miroque

System game or freeform ? And how many players.

azzmeister89

Damn i feel bad, I myself am English and I barely know anything about the war of roses. I guess I'll have to read up before I decide if I'm going to join this or not.

Chrystal

I am tentatively interested in this. The Wars Of The Roses are a topic that I have always found fascinating. Most Amricicans don't even know that they happened.

I do have a couple of conditions though? Please could we use the correct names? A Lancaster was a WW2 heavy bomber and a yorker is a cricket ball that pitches right by the batsman's feet. The two sides in the war of the roses were Yorkists and Lancastrians.

How far off history do you intend going? For example, if I were to be Rachel Neville Countess of Warwick would that be acceptable? (For the non history buffs, Richard Neville Earl of Warwick was the Kingmaker. His support put several kings on the throne and deposed several as well).

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

akirakaneda

Well I'm glad to see there are some people interested. I have to say sorry about many of my terms, English is not my first language and well ... I still got some mistakes.

First, as the RP will be developing through fights and battles, the system is: if 2 characters are going to fight, both players throw dices, before they do. The higher number wins, if the higher number is the double than the number obtained by the other player, the player with the higher number can decide if kills the other character. Everything happens before the fight is posted.

For battles, if any, is the same system, but the dices decides only if you win or lose. Except if, the higher number is the double again, the battle is a massacre, many corpses, blood and medieval gore.

Notice, that if you are fighting in a battle, you might win your fight but lose the battle and viceversa.
On historical issues, well I think we may discuss a plot, at least for the initial part. But if anybody wants to be a historical figure it is ok, but let's keep it simple not allof us know the history well.

By now, it would be recomendable to count for the RP, at least, the leaders of both sides. You can have 3 characters as much.

Sheet:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Character Name Here
by Player Name Here
Role: the king, the wannabe king, a general, a noble or a mere soldier (women can be soldiers as well).
Appearance Details: Anything about how they look that isn't included in their image. Such as scars, birth marks, tattoos, piercings, etc.
Personality: What are they like? how do they behave?
Bio: Who are they? Where are they from? What has their life been like up till now? How did they get here? etc.
Character's Ons: What sort of sexual elements does your character enjoy
Character's Offs: What sort of sexual elements does your character NOT enjoy (not to be confused with your offs)
Player's Ons: What sexual elements do you hope to get your character into in this game?
Player's Offs: What sexual elements do you not want to happen to your character in this game?

The Dark Raven

I like the idea and wish you all good luck with it, but as I have a degree in medieval British history, I better bow out now...

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Chrystal

System games... Sorry, totally NOT my thing!

I too shall bow out gracefully, sorry.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

azzmeister89

I'm afraid i will have to as well. Free form is the only way I like to rp