Looking for a RP partner for an interesting idea (Neon Kid)

Started by IrishBAMF88, May 14, 2011, 12:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishBAMF88

So this is an idea I came up with over a few months after some of the story/plot was inspired by the shooter flash game 'Thing Thing'. I haven't found a decent partner to try it with but I'm willing to give it a shot with anyone interested.

The year is 2015 - with the United States in turmoil and at war still in the Middle East. To help with their lack of soldiers and funding, they ask for Research and Development groups to help them in their efforts to create better soldiers for the front lines. A large corporation known as BioGen Industries begins to create new serums that would enhance the human body to make them stronger, faster, and be able to last longer than your average soldier in the Army. However, while the government continues to funnel funds into their Enhancement Program, BioGen is secretly working on a much more nefarious project in the dark. Deep within their underground facility in the disguise of an Oil rig station, they are working to try instead of helping make a better soldier, just 'create' one instead.

Human cloning in 2015 is still highly illegal, so all of BioGen's work trying to create the perfect human clone soldier would not go so well if it got out of the dark. The first ten 'successful' clones sadly do not live long, dying within a matter of hours. The next ten, manage to last at least a week. More and more they pour money and funding into the cloning project, dubbed 'Delta 5', as one by one more clones die and are unable to last more than a week, maybe two if lucky. However, they soon make progress and by their 147th clone, it's finally successful. The clone is everything they had expected and anticipated for. For once, he managed to outlast and live longer than his predecessors, with no signs of possible death of natural causes. Secondly, his age was quickly pushed straight to the age of 18, right at the peak of his younger years, and someone they wouldn't expect could snap your neck in seconds. So, now with their first human clone ready, they begin to test him. Weapons training, hand to hand combat, Martial arts training, Survival training - they push the clone to their limits. They even use prototype drugs on him: Muscle enhancers, mind suppressants - repeat until successful and continue with the next. For once, BioGen was on the cutting edge. and, if '147' was successful and could become the ultimate soldier, just imagine how much a country would pay for their own army of clone soldiers to fight for them. Even the United States wouldn't be able to resist such an offer.

However, even after all of this with the training, drugs and teaching the clone everything he would need to know...they made one fatal mistake. One flaw that would soon cost them dearly. They gave him: a will. A will to think, to know the difference between right and wrong. And after seeing what he was going to become, he wasn't just going to sit by and allow BioGen to turn him into their slave. So, on the last night he would be staying at the facility, the chief scientists go to examine him. Waiting for the right moment, he strikes and takes them all down. Now shooting and fighting his way out of the facility, he also makes sure it's destroyed by burning it to the ground, escaping at the last second just as the Oil rig and the secret underground facility is destroyed and buried in the depths of the ocean.

Now, '147' is on his own, trying to figure out what to do with his life. What left is there for him? Well, he's 18 - he might as well try to live a normal life someone his age. Quickly reaching the shore he walks along the beaches before seeing a massive city of lights, neon and sound: Neon City. Imagine if you will Miami's beaches, with Tokyo's suburban residential areas, and finally the mass commercial areas of Tokyo and New York City - mix all three of those together, and you get Neon City. Finding himself a new home, getting whatever he needs by 'borrowing' from BioGen's financial records and armory and making himself a new identity: '147' now becomes Alexander Caine who has just enlisted into P.S. 187. He hopes to try and get just a normal life and go to school, have a girlfriend, maybe go to college and just have a normal life.

However, BioGen will not allow that and quickly learns of where '147' is now living. They quickly dispatch mercenaries hired by BioGen to apprehend '147', dead or alive. The reason is because his DNA structure is the technical building block for all cloning facilities. If anyone got a hold of that technology, BioGen would lose their chance and Project Delta5 would have been all for naught.

So now, Alex must fight for his right to be free, along with the help of his new friends he meets at school. However, he'll have a lot of enemies ahead of him. Whether it's the street racing gangs, the mercenaries BioGen sends after him, Alex's older brother '148', or even some of BioGen's more advanced 'prototype creations', Alex must fight them all, or risk losing everything he's fought for. And he's now about to step down and surrender. Not by a long shot...

There's adventure, romance, friendships, action, street races, shootouts, sword fights, suspense - all that you can imagine in this thrilling story 'powered with a soundtrack from Ministry of Sound', and the bright lights and sounds of Neon City - this RP is looking...for you!

So yes, if anyone is perhaps interested in this, I'm still looking for people would like to play as Alex's new friend at school, or even mercenaries. Must be willing to play multiple characters as well, as I'll be handling several characters on my own as well. Would prefer the RP to be in the forums for this one.

IrishBAMF88

Still looking for anyone possibly interested in this.

synthmyscreams

I would love to be Alexander's first friend from school, Evony. A class mate, nice enough to approach him. Would you like to build upon this, Irish?
"Let us make the music of the night..."

Purrs and Growls...

synthmyscreams

I'm sorry, let me restart- I'm just now getting back into the swing of PbPRP- If you are interested, I would love to play.

Player Name
: Synthmyscreams

Character Name: Evony Mayfaoire

Appearance: 5'7", Brown hair (just passed her shoulders), Sea-foam green eyes (Very black irish), Fully sleeved arms in an array of beautiful designs and colors, lip/nose/tongue piercings/Very little color to her wardrobe: Dark Jeans, Black T-shirts, and Doc Martin's

History: Evony was born earlier in the year, and was thus admitted to school when she was 6, instead of five. Her father was a worker at BioGen and her mother was a home-maker. When Evony was 16, for reasons unknown to anyone currently, her parents were both murdered on the way home one evening from an evening out together on the town. She has managed to survive on her own by proving her ability to support herself, and alluding any questions from suspicious government/school personnel. She also attends P.S. 187, and shares a science class with Alexander.

Personality: Evony is not exactly reserved, but is not the most out-going soul either. Her experiences have made her skeptical of others, but also more garishly empathetic.She speaks to people who speak with her, and has a few associates with whom she socializes with on campus. What few friends she has are mostly from work. She is a cocktail server at a posh exotic dance club in town, The Homefront. Needless to say it is a hot spot for the few remaining servicemen. This fact is unknown to those at her school. She is a smart, astute student, with varied skills, none of which really outshine the other. She has gifts for math, science, computers, and art. She has taken up aikido training in what little spare time she is offered, and is also teaching herself to shoot use various guns and weapons. Just for fun's sake. She never leaves home without her stiletto knives in her doc's, and even carries them in a garter around her thigh at work. She is no fool, Neon City may be cloaked in garish lights, but those lights still make shadows.

First Meeting: Evony was sitting in Physics class, doodling aimlessly where she should have been taking notes. The teacher was going on about thermodynamics, entropy, and blah, blah, blah. She had all ready been taught this by her father, but even if she hadn't, she wouldn't have cared anyways. School impeded on working, which impeded on paying bills, which threw a big wrench into her life. But it was a necessary evil if she ever wanted out of this Hell Hole.

The creaking of the door as it shut is what brought her back to reality. She blinked, "Huh," she groaned. Looking to the door she saw a new guy, one she had never seen before. He had an air of intrigue about him, some quality she couldn't pinpoint. This was a rare occurrence with Evony, and so, after he took his seat in front of her, she leaned forward and said, "Hey, I'm Evony. Who are you?" He turned in his seat and introduced himself. She nodded at him, and continued listening to the teacher's endlessly droning voice. When the bell rang for the end of the day she got up and left, half expecting that the earlier conversation would continue. When he didn't come back and say anything, she continued to the bus stop. She would know the glory of a day off in two days. She couldn't wait for it.

Purrs and Growls...

IrishBAMF88

Mmm, very nice. I do like the profile and the character a lot. I'm sure she'll fit right in :)

Does your character perhaps have any kind of fighting skills or training of some kind? If she hangs around with Alex she'll be under quite a lot of fire :P

synthmyscreams

Quote from: IrishBAMF88 on May 18, 2011, 01:38:47 PM
Mmm, very nice. I do like the profile and the character a lot. I'm sure she'll fit right in :)

Does your character perhaps have any kind of fighting skills or training of some kind? If she hangs around with Alex she'll be under quite a lot of fire :P

Ah-ha, therein lies the mention of aikido (martial art using displacement (not to be condescending, just, a lot of people don't know what aikido is), guns, and knives. Evony is a novice with guns still, but, I believe that she may be able to pick it up quickly should the need arise. She is a quick lady. I'm also fairly certain that Alex will probably have a thing or two to teach her as well along the way?

Purrs and Growls...

IrishBAMF88

Quote from: synthmyscreams on May 18, 2011, 10:50:47 PM
Ah-ha, therein lies the mention of aikido (martial art using displacement (not to be condescending, just, a lot of people don't know what aikido is), guns, and knives. Evony is a novice with guns still, but, I believe that she may be able to pick it up quickly should the need arise. She is a quick lady. I'm also fairly certain that Alex will probably have a thing or two to teach her as well along the way?
That she will, that she will indeed. :)

So, I should have the RP set up first thing tomorrow...or at least when I wake up again since I'm posting this at 3am

synthmyscreams

Quote from: IrishBAMF88 on May 19, 2011, 01:56:02 AM
That she will, that she will indeed. :)

So, I should have the RP set up first thing tomorrow...or at least when I wake up again since I'm posting this at 3am
Haha ok, I'll PM you my e-mail if that would make things easier, that way i get it directly. Sound good?

Purrs and Growls...