D.C./ Marvel Crossover. (Season 1, Currently seeking Two more writers!)

Started by Batman4560, January 03, 2016, 10:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuckers02

I just had to.
...because I'm evil.

VonDoom

I don't like a lot of Ennis' stuff, but Hitman (and Preacher) are a definite exception. He was still fresh then and those were characters all of his own (so he couldn't deform past characterizations into practically satire like with the Punisher).
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

mia h

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 05, 2016, 05:41:53 PM
Supes is bullshit upon bullshit all wrapped up in a bullshit bow :P (I am not the biggest fan of Superman if you couldn't tell)
Also Supes is supposed to the ultimate DC hero but you start looking and it's not hard to come with list of characters that could kick his ass seven ways till Sunday.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: tuckers02 on January 05, 2016, 05:52:03 PM

I just had to.
...because I'm evil.

I've seen weirder.....*long since said goodbye to sanity*

Quote from: VonDoom on January 05, 2016, 05:53:15 PM
I don't like a lot of Ennis' stuff, but Hitman (and Preacher) are a definite exception. He was still fresh then and those were characters all of his own (so he couldn't deform past characterizations into practically satire like with the Punisher).

ugh I read that one post apocalyptic thing he did with the punisher...it was crap...and I think the punisher is cool.....im starting to think we Really need an OOC now.

But I could write paragraphs on my hate for Ennis, but that's not why we are here.

Out of curiosity who will be the villains of the RP?

Angie

Quote from: mia h on January 05, 2016, 05:54:14 PM
Also Supes is supposed to the ultimate DC hero but you start looking and it's not hard to come with list of characters that could kick his ass seven ways till Sunday.

He has no super resistance to magic, so I get the feeling Sorcerer's Apprentice and Dalaran Mage from Hearthstone could blow him away. To say nothing of Jaina and Medivh themselves. Oh hell, Archmage Antonidas versus Superman. Antonidas: "Ha-haa!" *Uncorks seven fireballs right to the FACEEEEEE!*
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Marie Reynolds

The only Superman rendition i ever liked was the one from redsun. Also i will go with an off spring of John Constantine and Zatana Zatara.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on January 05, 2016, 06:23:08 PM
. Also i will go with an off spring of John Constantine and Zatana Zatara.

*fangasm*

Marie Reynolds

Yep i thought it would make for a fun character. Also two of my favorite DC characters.

Writersblockade

awww, but imagine if you did Stephen Strange and Zatana!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Angie

I think Iron Maiden/Samantha Stark will actually be the daughter of Tony Stark and Pepper...well she'd be Pepper Stark. Natasha will be mentioned, but she won't be momma.

Life in Color

So much Supes hate, gah.

Tentatively....

I have Supes + Grey, Natasha Romanoff + Steve Rogers, and Kate Bishop + Oliver Queen.

>.>

I'll have a character sheet example up here shortly! :D

Nowherewoman

This is tempting me to create the gene-spliced, vat-grown daughter of Lex Luthor...

Consider tentative interest registered.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Batman4560

Character sheet is up on the first page, as is an example. Just quote my past spoiler for the code.

Life in Color

[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Basics[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Chracter Name:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Alias Used:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Date of Birth:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Age:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Place of Birth:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Current Place of Residence:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Gender:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Sexual Preference:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Marital Status:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Quirks/Strange Behaviors:[/color][/b] 
[b][color=#dd1717]Languages spoken:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Religious Beliefs:[/color][/b]

[hr]
[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Relations[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Family:[/color][/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b][color=#dd1717]Friends:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Occupational:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Other:[/color][/b]
[hr]
[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Occupational and Social information[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Team Affiliations:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Education/Special Training:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Occupation:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Affiliation/Memberships:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Occupational Skills:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Weapons:[/color][/b]
[hr]
[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Physical Description[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Height:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Hair:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Eyes:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Detailed Physical Description:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Typical Clothing:[/color][/b]
[hr]
[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Personality/Attributes[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Goals/Ambitions:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Weaknesses:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Fears:[/color][/b]
[hr]
[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Mutation Information (Collected Anonymously)[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Manifestation Age:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Manifesting Event:[/color][/b]

[b][color=#dd1717]Confirmed Mutation Effects:[/color][/b] N/A

[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u][u]Additional Notes/Pictures/etc.:[/u][/u][/size][/color]

^ Der's a character sheet. If your character is not a Mutant, feel free to use that space for something character-related.

Maybe tease an origin story or some such.

Addendum: Please send character sheets to myself and Bats!

<3

Life in Color

Anastasia Rogers – Captain America (Work in Progress)

Basics
Character Name: Anastasia Ann Rogers
Nicknames: Anya, Captain, Rogers, Annie, Ann, Ana 
Aliases: Captain America, The Blue Widow
Date of Birth: 18 August
Place of Birth: Brooklyn, New York, United States
Current Place of Residence: New York, New York
Sexual Preference: Bi-Sexual
Marital Status: Single
Quirks/Strange Behaviors: Anya is the All-American girl, which could be considered quite strange in this day and age   
Languages spoken: English, Russian
Religious Beliefs: Christian (Non-Demoninational)

Relations
Family:

• Steve Rogers (Father, MIA)
  • Natalia Romanova-Rogers (Mother, SHIELD - Retired)
  • James "Bucky" Rogers (Brother, MIA)
Friends: Fate, Brightside, Iron Maiden
Occupational:Anya works for SHIELD - her workforce trust varies on her mood. 

Occupational and Social information
Team Affiliations: Avengers, SHIELD
Education/Special Training:
Affiliation/Memberships: SHIELD
Occupational Skills: Combat Training, Weapons Training, Diplomacy, Computer Skills, Top Secret Security Clearance, Yankee-White Compartmented Security Clearance, Stealth, Group and Solo Operational Training
Weapons:

The Shield and Gauntlet - Captain America is not Captain without her shield! While she does not have the same super strength that her father has to throw the shield hard enough that it returns to her. However, what Anya does have is technology - there is a high-powered electromagnetic system built into her shield and within her right glove - a balanced homage to both of her parents with practical applications. Anytime Anya flexes her right hand, the shield will return to her hand if not stowed properly on her back- the max distance of efficiency for her electromagnetic set-up has yet to be put through max capacity testing because Anya favors close quarters and hand-to-hand combat.

Physical Description
Height: 5'8"
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue-Green

Personality/Attributes
Goals/Ambitions: Now? To protect the world. Later? She'd like to settle down and build a white picket fence, maybe have a couple little ones - the world will be her oyster, then.
Weaknesses: Fresh-baked apple pie and vanilla ice cream, doing the "right" thing, stubbornness 
Fears: That she will be unable to fill the large shoes left behind by Captain America and Black Widow

Mutation Information (Collected Anonymously)

Confirmed Powers:

Photographic Memory and Reflexes - Born with the ability to mimic any kind of movement once she sees it, Anya's parents began her combat training at a very young age. Similar to the Taskmaster, Anya is able to learn by example, but what makes her a powerful foe is that she has continued to train that memory all of her life - while Anya is not gifted with any kind of metahuman powers, she is probably one of the best hand-to-hand combatants in the world.

The Solider's Life for Me
- Like her father before her, Anya has earned her rank through military service and has transferred it to a life at SHIELD. This makes her a natural leader and has imbued her with a sense of dedication to her mission and her team. 

Tactical Awareness - You do not grow up as the child of two SHIELD operatives, Avengers, and two of the greatest combat minds without learning a thing or two. Because she lacks the modifications that come from imbibing the Super Solider Serum, Anya has learned how best to read a battleground - although she prefers to study beforehand, she does not shy away from making the tough calls in the heat of the moment.

The International Spy Network
- The Black Widow hasn't left much for her children to use, but one thing she has offered to Anya is her network of worldwide contacts and access to the underground and less than savory means that an accomplished spy like Natalia Romanova has used to get information throughout her career.   

Additional Notes/Pictures/etc.:

Faceclaim: Emma Stone

Jor'El Grey - Brightside (Work in Progress)

Character Name: Jor'El Grey
Nicknames: Jorry, Sunny 
Alias Used: Brightside
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth: The Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters, New York
Current Place of Residence: New York
Sexual Preference: Straight
Quirks/Strange Behaviors: 
Languages spoken: English, Kryptonian
Religious Beliefs: Jor'El is respectful of religions, but does not actively participate in any of them.

Relations
Family:

• Jean Grey (Mother, MIA)
  • Kal'El, Clark Kent (Father, MIA)
  • Multiple Siblings (There are many known timelines in which Jean Grey has other children, these would all share some DNA with Jor'El)
Friends: Anya Rogers
Occupational: Due to Jor'El's odd parentage, he's grown up a bit of a loner - even among the X-Men.

Team Affiliations: X-Men, Justice League
Affiliation/Memberships: Homo Superior

Physical Description
Height: 5'9"
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Detailed Physical Description:
Typical Clothing:

Personality/Attributes
Goals/Ambitions:
Weaknesses:
Fears:

Manifestation Age:
Manifesting Event:

Confirmed Mutation Effects:

Flight - Earth's gravity does not effect the half-son of Krypton like normal Humans and Jor'El is able to fly with ease.

Telekinetics and Telepathy - While it is odd for children to inherit the mutant traits of their parents, it is not so for the Grey-line of mutants and Jor'El's mutation is much like his mother's and he is a developing mental master.

Strength - Having grown under the sun, Jor'El's Kryptonian DNA has had quite the same reaction as his father's and he is abnormally strong. In addition to the physical strength, Jor'El is currently learning how to use the power of the Sun to empower his telekinetic abilities.

It's In The Genes, No Really - Jor'El is his mother's son, and while it has not been confirmed, it is widely assumed by the Mutant community that Jor'El is capable of being a host for the Phoenix Force.

Faceclaim: Ian Somerhalder

VonDoom

Hmm. Would a 'can act as a hero due to circumstances' villainesque character work as well? Because if so, I just had an idea ...

Victor von Doom II, fully named Victor Morded Werner von Doom. Son of ... as you might have guessed, Doctor Doom (Marvel) and Morgaine Le Fey (DC). LeFey can step in smoothly into the progression of Doom going to the past with Iron Man and encountering her there, having their time platform fling -- and then, she unexpectedly shows up in her DC incarnation in the modern age. Doom seeks to make use of her and her vast powers and offers a deal -- he will restore her youth that she can no longer preserve through magic without stealing it from others permanently through scientific means. Their actual plot is put aside when, once she is restored, they find they are still attracted to one another. They're basically the new premier villain power couple. (Who else is there, even? Absorbing Man and Titania?)

Cue Victor II being born. Since Doom is a powerful sorcerer and Morgaine what eventually evolved into the Homo Magi, his potential is vast -- but tainted by the many associations with evil forces both their parents had. He is like a beacon to the likes of Mephisto, Dormammu, C'thon, Nightmare, Eclipso and whatever other evil powers are around on the DC magical side of things. So with great regret, the main magical thing he is taught is to keep his energies sealed up -- and instead focuses on the science his father had mastered, growing up.

I imagine him a bit like a original Thunderbolts-era Zemo -- a villain who can act the hero because the situation demands it, but with some ambivalence that might hint at possibly redemption. His main motivation is that he's pissed because his parents have disappeared and whatever force would dare meddle with these two not even their heir can try to take on alone.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

tuckers02

I will work on my character and try to get it to you tonight.

Life in Color

Quote from: tuckers02 on January 06, 2016, 08:27:11 AM
I will work on my character and try to get it to you tonight.

Fantastic. :D

Lustful Bride

Grizhelda Stevens-Avion
Basics
Chracter Name:Grizhelda, 'Grizz' Stevens
Alias Used:Avion
Date of Birth:Nov 23rd
Place of Birth:Earth, West Virginia
Current Place of Residence:Living with her family in West VA.
Sexual Preference:Bisexual but enjoys women most often.
Marital Status:Single
Quirks/Strange Behaviors:Wants to stand out and be noticed,  
Languages spoken:English, Thanagarian
Religious Beliefs:Doesn't know herself.

Relations
Family:

• Father-Robert Stevens (Human)
  • Mother-Urqua Megal (Thangarian)
  • Little sister-Helga (Human/Thanagarian)
Friends:Wildcat
Occupational: N/A
Other:

Team Affiliations:Freelance
Education/Special Training:Boxing from Wildcat
Affiliation/Memberships:
Occupational Skills:
Weapons:

Physical Description
Height:
Hair:
Eyes:
Detailed Physical Description:
Typical Clothing:

Personality/Attributes
Goals/Ambitions:Be a hero, like Hawkgirl/Man
Weaknesses:Getting hit on her back between her wings, unable to fly if something is wrong with her inner ear,
Family, especially her little sister. Loves attention and praise

Fears:Burning, fire, suffocating in space, having her wings torn off.

Life in Color

Eeeeee.

This is awesome, so far.

<3

Life in Color

Quote from: VonDoom on January 06, 2016, 03:45:35 AM
Hmm. Would a 'can act as a hero due to circumstances' villainesque character work as well? Because if so, I just had an idea ...

Victor von Doom II, fully named Victor Morded Werner von Doom. Son of ... as you might have guessed, Doctor Doom (Marvel) and Morgaine Le Fey (DC). LeFey can step in smoothly into the progression of Doom going to the past with Iron Man and encountering her there, having their time platform fling -- and then, she unexpectedly shows up in her DC incarnation in the modern age. Doom seeks to make use of her and her vast powers and offers a deal -- he will restore her youth that she can no longer preserve through magic without stealing it from others permanently through scientific means. Their actual plot is put aside when, once she is restored, they find they are still attracted to one another. They're basically the new premier villain power couple. (Who else is there, even? Absorbing Man and Titania?)

Cue Victor II being born. Since Doom is a powerful sorcerer and Morgaine what eventually evolved into the Homo Magi, his potential is vast -- but tainted by the many associations with evil forces both their parents had. He is like a beacon to the likes of Mephisto, Dormammu, C'thon, Nightmare, Eclipso and whatever other evil powers are around on the DC magical side of things. So with great regret, the main magical thing he is taught is to keep his energies sealed up -- and instead focuses on the science his father had mastered, growing up.

I imagine him a bit like a original Thunderbolts-era Zemo -- a villain who can act the hero because the situation demands it, but with some ambivalence that might hint at possibly redemption. His main motivation is that he's pissed because his parents have disappeared and whatever force would dare meddle with these two not even their heir can try to take on alone.

This would be good.

We have a lot of pure-bred heroes, as of right now.

*Eyes Anya*

mia h

Kara Tyler - The Flash (WIP)
Basics
Chracter Name: Kara Tyler
Alias Used: The Flash
Date of Birth: 5th May
Place of Birth: Philadelphia.
Current Place of Residence: L.A.\New York\Paris
Sexual Preference: Bisexual but with a preference for men.
Marital Status: Single.
Quirks/Strange Behaviors: 
Languages spoken: English, Spanish, French.
Religious Beliefs: None.

Relations
Family:

• Grandfather - Rex Tyler (Hourman)
  • Father - Rick Tyler (Hourman)
  • Grandfather - Johnny Chambers (Johnny Quick)
  • Grandmother - Libby Lawerence (Liberty Belle)
  • Mother - Jesse Tyler (Jesse Quick\The Flash\Liberty Belle)
Friends: 13 Million Twitter followers.
Occupational:
Other:

Team Affiliations: None
Occupational Skills: Taking selfies, always knowing where the cameras are.
Equipment:

• "Max Velocity" dispensers built into costume gauntlets
  • Tachyon amulet built into the costume

Physical Description
Height: 5'5"
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Detailed Physical Description: Minor side effect of Kara's powers is that she is essentially a walking Slendertone machine. So Kara always looks like she has walked straight out of gym despite rarely exercising. Kara also has near flawless skin, it's not that she never bruises or scars but these type of injuries fade far more quickly than is normal. And although her hair has experienced many different shades and cuts, it is current enjoying it's natural color.
Typical Clothing: On trend and expensive.

Personality/Attributes
Goals/Ambitions:
Weaknesses: Kara's powers aren't reliable, through lack of use. They can be given a kick start by the use of "Max Velocity" and by tapping into temporal distortions the Hourman Tachyon amulet can produce but the long term effects of prolonged usage of both are unknown.
Fears: The Tyler's have a history of addiction to Miraclo, so Kara is understandably nervous about becoming dependent on "Max Velocity"

Manifestation Age: 12
Manifesting Event: Finding herself in detention after obviously cheating on a school run.

Accelerated Healing
Superspeed
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Stamina

Face Claim - Nicola Peltz

Bio

Kara is the heir to the TylerChem fortune but she has shown little interest in following either of the family businesses and instead has become a global-trotting professional celebrity.
Kara's grandfather Rex Tyler discovered Miraclo while working at Bannerman Chemicals but left to form his own company when he became concerned over what Bannerman would do with his discovery (Bannerman would eventually use Rex's work as the basic formula of Venom). Rex passed his skills in chemical engineering and crime fighting down to his son Rick. Rick in turn planned to hand the company down to Kara but decided along with Jesse to keep the superheroic parts of the families past quiet until Kara was in a position to decide for herself.
That choice was taken away from Kara when she 'finished' a 5 mile run in under 5 minutes, although Kara knew she'd done nothing wrong and everything seemed normal to her the school placed her in a weeks detention for cheating and being so obvious. Rick and Jesse, were then forced to reveal Kara's lineage to her, the Miraclo, the connection to the Speed Force and the connection to the Spirit of America. This caused a rift between Kara and her parents, because her powers had manifested Rick and Jesse insisted that she learn how to use them properly. Kara resisted the idea of becoming a cape but eventually gave into her parents after they convinced her she needed to learn some control to prevent her harming herself or other people. The learning was process was slow and difficult with Kara's abilities being temperamental at best, convinced the problem was a mental block rather than a lack of abilities Rick developed "Max Velocity" a drug that combined Miraclo, Velocity-9 and a Venom derivative that increased mental processing. ("Max Velocity" is toxic to people without a connection to Speed Force or non-Miraclo users). The combination of "Max Velocity" and tachyon emissions from the Hourman amulet gave Kara access to her powers but she never used them to their full potential as she never wanted to be gifted.
So instead of learning how to run TylerChem which she posses the intelligence and business savvy to do, or learning  how to tap into the powers that come with the family legacy, Kara has used her vast trust fund to travel round the world and enjoy herself. She is now a Professional Celebrity regularly in Us Weekly and in all the gossip blogs, much to the dismay of Rick, but Jesse knows how irresistible the call of the Speed Force is and is certain that one day Kara will embrace her past.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Angie

Basics
Chracter Name: Samantha Stark
Alias Used: Iron Maiden
Date of Birth: October 23
Place of Birth: California (the Starks were on vacation at the time)
Current Place of Residence: New York, New York (Not Stark Tower-has her own little apartment)
Sexual Preference: "Yes." (Pansexual)
Marital Status: "Marriage is what other people do." (Single)
Quirks/Strange Behaviors: Basically inherited her father's hard partying playboy attitude. Her preferred evening is loads of booze, men and women, and anything fun. Being a hero is sometimes at odds with this behavior, but as she says, "The Fortune, Fame, and Fangirls are just a side effect, not what I'm completely after." 
Languages spoken: English & Japanese
Religious Beliefs: Firmly convinced that there has to be some divine force up there, but doesn't agree with any current organized religion.

Relations
Family:

• Father: Tony Stark (Iron Man)
  • Mother: Pepper Stark
  • Godfather: Steve Rogers (Captain America)
Friends: Ana Rogers
Occupational: "Genius Billionaire Playgirl Philanthropist" (Tony still runs most of Stark Industries, but she is very much being groomed to take over. Tony's just not dead yet and won't surrender the company until he is)
Other:  None she knows of.

Team Affiliations: Tenuous connections to the former Avengers and to SHIELD-simply because of her father.
Education/Special Training:  An absolute genius, with the best education money can buy. Her talents mostly lie in engineering and programming. Has some skill when it comes to business, but like her father, she tends to leave day-to-day operations in the hands of people actually trained for it
Occupation: Basically an engineer-but these days, focuses on more Iron Maiden stuff
Affiliation/Memberships:None
Occupational Skills: Need it built? Need it programmed? She can build it IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS! Well maybe not scraps, but she is an exceptional engineer, and took the time to learn how machines are actually built as part of her engineering degree. Because of this, her solutions to problems tend to be on the more practical side, unless she has the time to make her creations pretty (and she often does
Weapons: Essentially the weapon loadout her father's first "not made in a cave" suit had: Repulsors, anti-tank missiles, and of course the huge crushing weight of a steel fist hitting your skull.

Physical Description
Height: 5' 6"
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Detailed Physical Description: Boy did she get a lot from her mother (except for her mother's red hair). Puberty was a bit of a rough patch (acne everywhere! OH GOD!), but once she graduated high school, she had flawless skin, DD breasts, beautiful legs, and very pronounced curves. Of course, maintaining herself takes a mountain of soaps, shampoos, and other products, but she takes quite a bit of pride in her appearance and doesn't mind working herself over in the morning. Does mean she can occasionally be late to the party, but she's not so vain that she won't drop everything if a real emergency comes up.
Typical Clothing: Depends. Either fancy dresses/suits for official business, or sweats and a t-shirt for working in the lab. Very much like her father.

Personality/Attributes
Goals/Ambitions: Without a need to build up Stark Industries, she is focused on perfecting both the machines built by Stark Industries and the Iron Man suit (which she had to redesign from the ground up, but that's besides the point).
Weaknesses: Her biggest weakness is her total pursuit of perfection, something she will never admit. Both in her designs and in herself-bringing up any of her problems is likely to get a very scathing rebuttal from her, and she often does not rest until the problems in her designs and programs are fixed.
Fears: Spiders, snakes, anything creepy and crawly that doesn't announce that it's there. Also doesn't like needles.

Face Claim: Ksenia Solo
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

History: Tony Stark didn't want his daughter to take up the role of Iron Man. He retired earlier then other heroes, as his heart condition led to his health failing much earlier in life then his compatriots. So he retired from the hero business and concentrated on Stark Industries, which he had retooled from a weapons manufacturer to a more general manufacturer of all things mechanical and technological. He wanted to hand the company over to his daughter, and let other people do the heroism thing.

Samantha was born having to want for nothing, and grew up getting plenty. She inherited her father's genius, and while she wasn't building robots at age 10 (that came when she was a teenager), she was miles ahead of anyone else her age. She also had a taste for the finer things in life-good food, fine clothes, and later, great booze (she snuck a drink from dad's cabinet at age 16). Like her dad, she loved to party-though unlike her father, she got enough good sense from her mother to at least party responsibly.

Learning that her father was Iron Man wasn't too difficult-it wasn't like Stark hid his identity. She wanted to take up that mantle-the idea of flying around and saving people while wearing a suit of steel intrigued her greatly. Her father, however, did everything he could to discourage that path. The argument never got too heated, but eventually, she just asked why he didn't want her to follow the same path.

He told her the story-everything that happened before he was Iron Man. His capture by the Ten Rings, and of the doctor Ho Yensen-a hero whose story was only known to him, Pepper, and now Samantha. "You wanna be a hero, that's what it means-being in constant pain, and watching people die, knowing you can't do anything to save them. Watching your friends die." It was a bit humbling-a realization that Samantha only saw the glory side of things, never the grime and the filth of what heroism truly meant.

She was disheartened, but she didn't want to stop. Tony's original plans and designs had been purged, his suits destroyed (well, most of them were 'recycled', but the important part is they weren't there). It seemed if she wanted to follow in his footsteps, she would need to start where he did: Forging a suit from nothing. She dedicated weeks to it, trying to figure it out and puzzle it together. A few weeks into her work, Tony decided to pay a visit and found out what she was doing.

"Not like I can stop you. But I can teach you how to do it." From there, they worked together to build the first of the new line of Iron Man-now Iron Maiden-suits. She asked him why he'd help her when he had said no so many times before. "Well, I might be going senile in my old age, but it just feels like something is coming. A storm, something that the old Avengers would need to deal with...world's gonna need heroes very soon. 'Course, like I said, I might just be going crazy...but I'd rather someone like you be ready for it."

She's still learning the suit's intricacies, but she has a pretty good handle on how things work-after breaking most of the testing area in amusing accidents, like giving too much power to the rocket boots and slamming into Tony's favorite car. "Funny, that's how it went when I started trying to fly." Now with plenty of heroes gone missing, it seems that what Tony suspected has come true, and now she truly is needed.

tuckers02

Basics
Chracter Name: Lily Gwynn
Alias Used: Fae
Date of Birth: December 21
Place of Birth: Wentwood Village, Wales
Current Place of Residence: Wentwood Village, Wales
Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Quirks/Strange Behaviors: Lily is overly cheerful and extremely flighty frequently changing subjects and moods several times in the same breath. 
Languages spoken: English, Welsh, Celtic, and Fae
Religious Beliefs: Natural religion similar to that of Shamanism and other Native or Druidic beliefs.

Relations
Family:

• Mother: Megan Gwynn (Pixie)
  • Father: Saturnine (she doesn't know who her father is)
  • Grandmother: Mrs. Gwynn (Faerie)
  • Grandfather: Jason Wyngarde (Mastermind)
Friends:
Occupational:
Other:

Team Affiliations: Has met some of the X-men through her mother but otherwise none.
Education/Special Training: She had been studying Magic with her mother and is skilled with the Souldagger which was passed to her.
Affiliation/Memberships: Has met some of the Xmen through her mother but otherwise none.
Occupational Skills:
Weapons: Mother's Souldagger

Physical Description
Height: 5'3"
Hair:long, striaght, light blue
Eyes: Blue and pixie-like
Detailed Physical Description: Lily is a small framed girl standing 5'3" and weighing under 100 lbs.  She had long light blue hair the same color as her butterfly wings.  Her eyes is that of her mother's, pixie-like yet blue to match her other feathers.  Her skin is pale.  While her wings look like blue butterfly wings because of the pixie dust, underneath it's actually more of a leathery bat wing.
Typical Clothing: Lily wears specially made clothes that have flaps in the back for her wings.  Short skirt and blouse, dress, tshirt and boy shorts, whatever her mood is really.  Just as long as it's comfortable and gives her a wide range of motion.

Personality/Attributes
Goals/Ambitions:Lily really doesn't have many goals or ambitions to the chagrin of her mother.  She's aloof and carefree preferring to live in the moment.  She loves playing practical jokes and otherwise having fun.
Weaknesses:Lily is naive, innocent and way too trusting.  She is gullible to a fault and is easily manipulated.
Fears: Lily fears demons.  They make her feel strange as if a darkness is falling over her.  She feels the same way when she's upset.

Manifestation Age: Lily has had her wings, pixie dust, and regeneration since birth but her mother didn't start training her with the Souldagger or teaching her magic until she was 16 (the magic she has't quite gotten the knack of yet).
Manifesting Event:

Wings that allow her perfect flight maneuverability and is her preferred method of travel
Pixie dust produced from the wings that cause hallucinations when being inhaled or through skin contact.  The hallucinations are calming and pleasant to the victim but she had no control over what the victim sees.
Souldagger inherited from her mother that harms only magical creatures or objects and counters or dispels possessed, ensorcelled, or otherwise magically controlled or transformed creatures or objects.
Demonic Haritage: Lily is slightly stronger and more durable than other girls her size and has a minor form of regeneration, taking days to heal a broken bone rather than weeks and wounds that would heal in days heal in hours.  When in the vicinity of a portal to a demonic realm, her size and strength increase by 50% and she can regenerate broken bones in hours.  When in a demonic realm, the increase becomes 100% and she regenerates broken bones in minutes.  She can also sense nearby demons and has a natural tendency toward darkness like her mother had after she lost part of her soul.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Future Power:
Spellcasting - affinity to fire
Creating portals instead of her mother's power of teleportation

Note: Lily is 1/4 fairy, 1/4 mutant, and 1/2 demon (though she assumes her father is either a fairy, mutant, or human)

History
Lily was born to Megan Gwynn, also known as Pixie from the X-men.  She has no idea who her father is and her mother never talked about it, changing the subject every time she brought it up.  Lily got her mother's innocent and carefree personality she had before her initial trip to limbo. She has grown up just a normal child but with wings.  She can hide her wings by folding them against her back, but she generally keeps them out as she doesn't like the idea of keeping her true self hidden which was contrary to why Megan had moved back to Wales in the first place.  She has spent most of her childhood trying to find fellow fairies in the woods but they never show themselves to her.  She assumes it's because she is not a pure fairy.
Her mother was one of the ones that disappeared, being half fairy and ageless.  That is when Lily set out to find her.  Her first stop were the former x-men that she knew from her mother.  Many of her mother's friends such as Wolverine had vanished too.  She is still searching, trying to keep a low profile from those creatures that have appeared.

Chaeronea

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 05, 2016, 03:58:57 PM
Well, I might even have a theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdysbdsrT2Y#t=114

Let's face it, any music by Miracle of Sound is awesome :)

Now, questions for the GM -
Is an original character whose parents were not superheroes an acceptable option?
What about a character whose parents were superheroes but he/she is unaware of the fact (maybe passed on to adoptive parents when he/she was very young) ?
What's the overall tone of the world at the start of the game - dark, four-colour or something in between?
And is there strong prejudice against mutants like in the X-Men comics and movies?