Golden's Ideas [Updated 1March2020] (Open)

Started by The Golden Touch, May 07, 2009, 04:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Touch

The Ideas of a woman with the Golden Touch
I do not write as often as I use to, please be patient...

Examples of my Writing:

o1. Captive of the Horde Complete:  After leading a party of her people into the Warsong Lumber camp, she is abused and taken prisoner by a Tauren Hunter.
o2. The Lady in Red Incomplete: What if little red riding hood wasn't so little? What if she had the ability to fight back?
o3. Paying for your mistakes Incomplete: Put into debt by an unfortunate missing zero in her lease, Sasha goes toe to toe with the owner of her building. Its quickly apparent how out of her depth she is, and now she can do nothing but accept the terms he puts in front of her.
o4. I'm not following you, stop following me! Incomplete: Struggling to make it as a Pokemon trainer, Grace finds herself wanting to be herself instead of what her parents raised her to be. The first way to do that? Ditch her friends and strike out on her own. Of course, she manages to get mixed up with her least favorite person...

My Links
On/Offs
Absences
Life [Condensed](My Storyteller Cafe)

Below will be plots, current games, and links that I use frequently for roleplaying help.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

The Golden Touch

Things that Interest me
These are not an all or nothing list...

• A 60/40 mix of plot and smut
    - Hunter versus Hunted
    - Knights and Mages
    - Vampire versus Were-animal
    - Blackmail
  • Humor/Wit
    - Dynamic Personalities
  • BDSM/Kink friendly/Sex positive
    - D/s (Power exchange)
    - Asphyxia
    - Bondage
    - Sadomasochism
    - Sex (All accepted- Oral, Vaginal, Anal)
  • Supernatural/Other
    - Magic
    - Witches
    - Fairies
    - Demons
    - Were-animals
    - Vampires
  • Fandoms (Movies, TV, Books)
    - Star Wars
    - Harry Potter
    - Lord of the Rings
    - Destiny
    - League of Legends
    - Anita Blake Vampire Hunter
    - Marvel/DC

The Golden Touch

Potential Prompts

Story Option One
Forgotten (Name can be changed)
I think in theory this one could change really. It is from my storyteller cafe time, and while well written I do not remember exactly where I was going with it. Hopefully a partner could help me flesh it out and take over the male lead (name can be changed). The summary of the story is that she is a Professor of Ancient Cultures is confronted with the project she had poured over during the span of her adult years. In any other circumstance, she would jump at the chance to seek out this ancient artifact, but for the person offering her the experience. Marcus. When while she ever be able to forget the hurt he etched upon her heart? Project or closure?

Excerpt from the idea
It was never going to be an ordinary day. Not when Marcus was standing in the middle of a room its owner had wanted never to see him in. He was making the woman more than a little bit nervous. There was something much rougher to him than when they had been in school together. His normally smooth cheeks were dotted with just a hair more than a 5 o'clock shadow of beard. His wide shoulders filled out the black shirt beneath the leather jacket, and a stab of lust sank into her chest. Her body still remembered what it was to lay in this man's bed.

That was then, this was now. The desk was not wide enough to keep the feelings of betrayal and loathing from seizing upon her throat. The words she had practiced in front of the mirror clawed at her throat, tearing away to break free. She lifted her pale hands, laying them flat on the darkly stained wood. Using them as leverage, she stood. Balanced in her four inch heels, her eyes darkened as she narrowed them, "What do you want, Marcus?"

"Kitten, really... Is that any way to greeting an old friend?" There was more a smoker's edge to his baritone tones. Beyond that, she noticed the lines of stress creasing his face. Time had not been kind to him, and it was a swift feeling of victory that he had suffered.

"Ex-friend," She emphasized for his benefit, ready to gnash her teeth in irritation. Coming around the desk, she smoothed the invisible wrinkles out of the pencil skirt than hugged her slim figure. He had been stalking her for months, trying to get an audience with her about something 'very important.' It had been easy to avoid him, leaving a note with her secretary that he was to be told she was not in the office, or in a meeting. Whatever it took to avoid this awkward moment of wanting to scratch his eyes out. Leaning her butt against the edge of her desk, her eyebrows arched high. "Well?"

"I need your help with a little trip, kitten. You always said you wanted to explore the world and find old, fascinating things." He had seemed to struggle with something, finally seeming to notice how much she detested his presence in the warm comfort of her office.

"My help? I'm a professor, Marcus, not an archeologist," She rubbed her temples, seeing it was going to be harder than she thought to force him to turn tail. Cory pressed her full lips into a thin, unattractive line as she met his gaze with the brunt of her dislike of his presence here. "Whatever I deluded myself into believing we had before is over. I got over you, so do me one last favor and get out of my office." Her fingers curled white around the edge of her heavy desk, her tongue peeking out to wet her suddenly dry lips.

He frowned at her, and pulled a worn notebook from his back pocket. His eyes focused on her's as he half read, but more recited from memory, "And the service shall be three and sixty-five days to the Master who holds the chains. Be the demand the gain of riches to the death of man, shall be granted." She felt her breath catch in her throat, her hands clammy.

"You found it... The Amulet of the Gods, the servant. Impossible," Cory hissed, growling. She poked a finger violently in his direction, eyes lit with a dark tawny amber fire. "You know that was my project... Stop trying to drag us back together by using that against me, Marcus."

He held up his hands in a motion of, 'I come in peace.' Shaking his head, he ran his book-less hand through his rugged mop of hair. "I swear, Cory, I'm not trying to yank your chain. I need someone that knows the Lore, that knows what it is to find this piece."

"It is a trip of a lifetime, but with you?" She begrudgingly accepted that it was a particularly attractive bait to dangle in front of her. To find the amulet of myths that would summon the greatest warrior of its time that would serve its Master without question... Marcus knew the magnitude of longing she had when she put together the information for an expedition she wanted very much to go on eventually. Standing there in her business attire, leaning against her desk in an Ivy League college, Cory wanted to say no. Her heart was begging her calculating mind to give him a vehement and final send off. Preferably it would include her high heel shoved so far up his attractive backside that he would never sit right again.

"Cory..." He pressed, taking a step in her direction. The warmth of him made her bones ache when he was so close to her. That and his eyes when they softened, looking down at her.

"No, no, no. I need to think about this. Need to process this." The college professor muttered, warding him off with upraised hands that slapped into his chest and pushed. It was more like a shove, thrusting him away from her. She needed him further away from her person. He, and his delightful offer, needed to be increasingly far from invading and making the suddenly small space all the more intimate.

He let her strong-arm him, taking enough steps away that she felt her chest loosen. "I will think about it, Marcus. Now get out," She snarled, ready to let loose a string of obscenities that would burn the ears off the most seasoned of sea goers. Cory turned, giving him her ramrod straight back and refusing to turn. There was a small sound and she tensed; she felt drained, ready to have a moment to break down and build the walls back up to protect herself. The door opened, and she turned, speaking softly, "Marcus..." He stopped, turning back to give her a questioning look. "I'll go..."

Story Option Two

Modern Romance?
QuoteNo one knew how it could have happened. No one would have expected it to happened that way. No one wakes up in the morning planning to die a horrible death, and leave their child to live under the care of an Aunt that had never been around- nor dealt with a tiny human being before. Not that any child could feel entirely uncared for under the watchful eye of a brigade of nannies and household staff. With a playroom the size of a ballroom, and a pony to boot- what more could a child want? What could she dream to have? To hope against hope?

A mother.

Love.

Comfort.

Nine years later, and that little girl was rebellious. It was easy to ask for a signature from a guardian when half the time it was a question shouted down a football field sized dining room table. An exaggeration to be honest, but between her and her Aunt, the chasm was as wide as it was deep, and the bottom was no where in sight.

Coraline Abernathy, or Cory, former child star, now heir to her Aunt's company- a fashion magazine: Mirage- everyone knew her. She was a striking girl, even at the age of seventeen. Her hair coiling wildly around her pixie face and cute upturned nose. The original red hair that ran in the family, especially for females, had been bleached out until it was a silvery white. The color change did nothing to dampen a legendary temper, nor keep her and her Aunt from butting heads on all things. With an easy out to do as she wished, Cory ended up with multiple pierces in each of her delicate ears as well as her dexterous tongue. Her style was not of the goth variety, but she did claim a bright style of random things and she enjoyed shocking the general public into thinking, What would Coraline Abernathy do next?

A child, Stephanie had no idea what to do with- but the stunning woman her niece was blossoming into seemed much easier to mold. Key word was "seemed." Coraline, she refused to call her Cory, was nothing if not stubborn. Her sister's child to the core, it was no wonder they did not get along in the slightest. She had taken measures to provide the girl with all her wants, half hoping to buy her love in a way. After the debacle of having Coraline attend a private school from which she was quickly expelled for fighting, she bit the bullet and sent her to a public school. Although it did nothing to quell the girl's willful nature. It was strange, but she flourished in that environment among the less wealthy.

The Golden Touch

Are we a good fit?

I have a normal draw to anything with romantic bits, be it a dose of smut or just the connection between two people. Lately I have been focusing most on the darker elements of story writing- betrayal, capture, angst. I believe it is because I want the light to win and overcome the pain. My focuses are split between a fantasy modern mix with the addition or potential creatures of lore such as fairies, witches and the like or near medieval times with swords and armor and the knights. I am open to exploring ideas that you might have, especially if you do not mind me offering options that would draw me into the story more. After general setting and ideas, other things I look for in a game are descriptive writing. I want to be engaged in the story, drawn in with the extra bits that are not just 'I walked the dog'. On a good writing day, I can churn out several paragraphs. I do not expect you to do a huge amount but I need enough to be able to draw from the write my responses.

Story Creation Links
Useful Links

Seventh Sanctum:  Used to randomly generate character names, settings, weapons, etc.

Chaotic Shiny:  Helps create Pantheons, characters, Laws, etc.

A middle-earth name generator:  A really old generator I use to use as a teen.

A Drow prefixes and suffixes:  Once you can get past the brilliant red on black text... Its a good way to pick and choose names by prefixes/suffixes or by meanings.

Drow Phrase Translator:  A good translator for phrases from English to Drow, or Drow to English.

A name generator:  It has different settings...  European, Arabic,  etc.

The Golden Touch

Current Games

o1. The King's Witch- The old King is dead from an illness that took hold abruptly. His son returning from exile sets upon the ones that threaten the legacy of the ancestors, his soul bound firmly by the pagan ideals. There is a fear growing in his kingdom fed by the Churchmen, follows of the Trio- Father, Mother and the Holy Light. They claim that all Fae and unnaturals are of the Devil, that they will destroy humanity. He sits upon the precipice in these troubling times, ignoring their demands that his father be buried in their way. The feast to honor his father flurries around him, and one woman stands before him. She openly offers a witch's prayer, blessing his father's journey to join his ancestors.

The Golden Touch

Empty

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updated Useful Links, and my Links.

Darthvegeta800

Given your types of games, what do you think of:

- Drow/underdark settings?
- Knights/fantasy with a strong Arthurian edge?
- Antiquity/Middle Ages with furry species?

The Golden Touch

Thank you for the interest! ^ ^

o1.  Always good [I'm a fan of the Drizzt series].
o2.  I am not sure about the Knights/fantasy, but I am willing to try.  I do not know if you have ever read the Protector of the Small, about Alanna?
o3.  I think I would be a little more comfortable with another type of game.

The Golden Touch

Darthvegeta800

Hmmm not sure. Give me a little poke and we'll see what we can come up with miss. I'm in exams atm. But i can brainstorm already.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updated.  Posted in No Place for a Woman, Forward to the Past, and The Jackal and the Lioness.

The Golden Touch

Updated.  Posted in Blood and Tequila.

One more game to go.

The Golden Touch

Updated.  Added Indiana Jones and the Sword of Aries to my Current Game list.

The Golden Touch

Separated Games into Two player and group.  Added two group games, and posted in all my two player games. ^ ^

The Golden Touch

Posted in the Lay of Ghosts Saga thread. ^ ^  I think that's everything.

The Golden Touch

I am still taking all ideas.  ^ ^ 

My preference is Forum Roleplay.  I just do not have the time to use my messengers that much.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updated.  Posted in The Jackal and the Lioness, and Blackmail Bodyguard.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updated beginning post with an attention notice.  Please keep it in mind!

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updated the Attention please section.  I will try to post more than once a day!  No idea if M. will let me do that or not.

The Golden Touch

Ashleebabe

I'm sorry you mentioned my favorite author and I had to pop in and say you rock. I love Kresley Coles

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

The Golden Touch

Ashleebabe

Your welcome and if you ever wanna talk books or start something alone those lines. Let me know.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Removed Case 479- The Complete Files from my One on One games to my Wanted Games.

The Golden Touch

Updated the Red Riding Hood story, and added Strangers Under the Moon to my Wanted Games.

The Golden Touch

Added two games and a post sample.

The Golden Touch

Added another wanted game.  Completely vague, but a want.

The Golden Touch

Updated...

Living Among Wolves is still accepting players. Feel free to take a peek, and join up if you like.

The Golden Touch

Added a Completed Games section to my first post. ^ ^  Yay!

The Golden Touch

Removed Living among Wolves from my group games.

The Golden Touch

Added Under the Bright Lights of Las Vegas to my Group Games.

The Golden Touch

Updated to add two group games, and a couple solo games.

The Golden Touch

Updated Group games, fixed some spelling errors and added that I'm open for games to my first post.

The Golden Touch

Current postings below. Might be able to take a few more games if possible.

Post Sequences

Among Three | With Doom29169 and Hekate- Posted

A change of Scenery |
With Hemingway- Posted
Under the Bright Lights of Vegas | Group Game - Posted
TrueBlood; Bangor, Maine | Group Game - Posted
Sept of the Emerald Glade | Group Game - Posted

The Golden Touch

Updated after my two week long hiatus. Thinking about setting up a few more one on ones. Will update when/if that happens.

Post Sequences

Among Three | With Doom29169 and Hekate- Posted

A change of Scenery |
With Hemingway- Posted
Under the Bright Lights of Vegas | Group Game - Posted
TrueBlood; Bangor, Maine | Group Game - Posted
Sept of the Emerald Glade | Group Game - Posted

The Golden Touch

According to legend, the first redhead was Prince Idon of Mu who, upon discovering Atlantis, was imprinted with the island’s stunning red sunset and leaves in the form of red hair and freckles so future generations would be reminded of Atlantis’ first sunset. Clearly, proof of Atlantis’ existence.

A friend posted this... Urge to use this in a story. Hmmmm...

The Golden Touch

Updates
Fleshed out notes to my reads in the first post
Added "Atlantis" to my Wanted Games
Added "A Prince's Companions" to my Group Games
Added my Storyteller Cafe and Rope Blog to my Links.

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added Widow in Chains to my Wanted Games

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updates
Removed "Red Riding Hood" from my Wanted Games
Added The Lady in Red to my Two Player Games

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added "The Jean Grey School for Higher Learning" to my Group Games.

The Golden Touch

Updates
Removed "Prince's Companions" from my Group Games.

The Golden Touch

Updates
Removed "Captured" from my Wanted Games
Added "Hide, Seek, Capture" to my Two player games

The Golden Touch

Updates
Removed "The Jean Grey School" from my Group Games

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added "Ships to Valhalla" to my Group Games.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added an image reference to my Widow in Chains idea for wanted games.

The Golden Touch

Updates
Revamped Current games with my two one on ones...

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added newest idea to wanted games, and the video that inspired it...

The Golden Touch

Updates
Linked story 'I will always be there' into one on one games.

The Golden Touch

Updates
Linked story 'Macbeth' into one on one games.

The Golden Touch

Updates
Adding Guarding her body to my Wanted Games.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added in a section for image inspiration.
Added in "Dance with me" to wanted games

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added 'Learning More than Magic' to my group games

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updates
Cleared Stories ideas(Which was all) and added one new image want based on the movie, Real Steel.

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added 'Drink Until I Drown you out' to my wanted games.

The Golden Touch

Updates
Updated Wanted Games, and added a Fandom post below the Wanted Games.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added 'War of the Clans: Blood on the Scales' to my Group wanted games.

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added Current Games section
Transferred 'On the Run' from wanted to current.

The Golden Touch

Updates
Added two Fandom story ideas (One Harry Potter, One Marvel)
Added "Love born of cataclysm to Current Games section

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Back after a self implemented hiatus. Apologies to the community for anything that was left hanging. I welcome ideas and proposals in my private messages, or here in my want ad.

The Golden Touch

Have not been writing much, or at all. Recently took on a couple games, and hopefully add some more. The rust flecks off as time goes on.

The Golden Touch

Did a quick update of what I look for and so on and cleared out anything that was old news.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Yeah... Its been a while. I'm open to exploring some ideas and trying to climb back out of this storyless hole. Thank you for your patience.

The Golden Touch

Updated and overhauled everything. I hope to hear from you!