[D&D 5e] Acquisitions Incorporated; Internship Opportunities!

Started by Chulanowa, May 13, 2017, 07:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

If I only had a heart...
I'd be tender - I'd be gentle, and awful sentimental.

But, I don't, so I sneak up behind ya
Surprise ya and blind ya
Then rupture your kidneys
And pilfer your jinglies

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Bibliophilia on May 16, 2017, 04:02:04 AM
If I only had a heart...
I'd be tender - I'd be gentle, and awful sentimental.

But, I don't, so I sneak up behind ya
Surprise ya and blind ya
Then rupture your kidneys
And pilfer your jinglies

Ooh! Love this.
I feel like I read/heard it before....Hallmark card?

Bibliophilia

-giggles.-  Well, the first part's the Tin Man...the rest is all me. 

That Hallmark card idea is pretty good.  I should submit some ideas.

"Happy Valentine's Day!

If I met you in a dark alley, I'd only rob you a little bit."

Rummy Tum Tum

*applauds* Now that's some fuckin' poetry :D

And I'd be so touched by that hallmark card. Robbery, they say, is a crime of passion!

Phaia

hey there!! I am working on a character...another gnome...mine you it has been ages I played a gnome but she is got in my head when I read this and the damn little thing wont leave until I get her out here.

@Chulanowa-- one Harri's flaws is she pockets loose coins and other trinkets... Would you mind if I gave her say 4-5 trinkets off the chart she has pocketed here and there?

Phaia

Chulanowa

Phaia

Quote from: Chulanowa on May 17, 2017, 11:44:12 AM
How's a two work for ya?  :-)

Works great!!

I may not have my sheet fully done since it is a busy day here and you wanted to choose by today...

I will get her posted in a bit have to get groceries first!
as a tease her name is Harrette Fenala Mhudd [m'udd]...aka Harri Mhudd...MIGHTY GNOME WIZARD!!!
<damn it gnome I am working as fast as I can to get you out there...stop with the nagging already...and no I wont forget Bartolomew the mighty>

GRRR she just will not stop nagging me on this!!

Phaia

Chulanowa

I don't need like a fully-filled sheet right this second - they're easy to do in 5E so no huge thing. The character's background, appearance, a little personality, that sort of stuff though? I like having that  ;D

AndyZ

Rha - Variant Human Bard Entertainer

Although Rha's real name is a closely guarded secret to aid in her mystique, she goes by the stage name of Rha due to the verbal component of her Prestidigitation spell, which she uses for performances to create light shows and music.  She was hoping that just signing her name as Rha would give her some leeway in the contract.  She was wrong.

It's her hope to someday open for Jim Darkmagic, but for now, she's happy to settle for all the attention and amazement she's able to muster.  Capes and revealing outfits make for good tips, but when she actually leaves town, she has the common sense to put on leather armor.

Humans have ridiculously short lifespans, and she wants to be as famous as possible, making a name for herself before death catches up with her one way or another.

Stats

Strength 8 Dexterity 14* Constitution 14 Intelligence 12 Wisdom 10 Charisma 16*

Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, Persuasion, Performance

Defensive Duelist

Proficient in Common, Elven, Hand noises, Musical Prestidigitation, Lyre, and Bagpipes

Rapier, Entertainer's Pack, Lyre, Leather Armor, Dagger (Hidden in right boot), Bagpipes that everyone begs her not to play, set of female underpants from an admirer, costume, belt pouch with 15gp.  Trinket to be rolled later.

Whenever I come to a new place, I collect local rumors and spread gossip. - I get bitter if I'm not the center of attention. - I like seeing the smiles on people's faces when I perform.  That's all that matters. - I want to be famous, whatever it takes. - I have trouble keeping my true feelings hidden.  My sharp tongue often lands me in trouble.

Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation

Charm Person, Healing Word, Heroism, Sleep
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Phaia

<back off human I got this. Go count your toes or something else that makes sense in that blonde head of yours>

Harri Mhudd
Forest Gnome -- WIZARD 1 (sailor/navigator)

Personality: I consider myself a fun and open person that likes to laugh and help out any of my friends. I also take magic and spells very seriously. These days everyone seems to think any gnome they see are tinkers and have mechanical devices or boom sticks. That's a rock gnome shnick, those buggers are far more common then us Forest Gnomes. I won't mention that the majority of Rock gnomes can barely count to 22 using their fingers and toes.
I always keep an eye out for new things. I love having a tankard of ale at an inn in a new port and listening to the stories and picking up a few trinkets here and there. If I get too out of line one of my familiars, Bartholomew the 'Wise' reins me in. He is the white one!

History When she was 16, Harri was sent off to the great magic school called Hogwarts...there she flucked out of when she kept doing magic without a silly ass wand. Then she found a magic lamp with a blue genie and that gave her three wishes and ...okay, okay I cheated off Gillie. What cha gonna do about it?

Harri grew up in a forest overlooking the ocean. Her early days she spent gathering clams and seashells. She always thought her other 17 siblings were idiots. Yes 17 siblings, come on gnomes can live 350+ years what do you think couples do that long. Gaze at the pretty clouds like the elves do? Okay... her brothers tended toward tinkers and builders since that seemed the way things were headed with cliché gnomes.

Her sisters quickly married off and started families. Harriett though found the old books from her great grandfather the wizard Faenbutton Mhudd. She had read them all by the age of 20 and spent her time practicing the minor magic her race was gifted with and leaning more. The lure of the sea pulled her away from the forest. She was lucky that she ran into a gruff old dwarf Captain named Long Greybeard. Shipping out she worked her way from a common deck hand to the ship's navigator. Of course she had to put up with the scummy males of the crew but they soon learned that her illusions could lead to dangerous things.

As she grew and learned the magic of her grandfather found her and the old spell book she had carried around suddenly became more important. Things came crashing down when a pirate ship, 'The Drunken Whore' caught them. The pirates outnumbered them badly and even her new found magic couldn't save her beloved captain Greybeard and the crew. She was left for dead hanging onto some wreckage. Luckily she survived. It took her a while to recover enough to start again and she has swore Vengeance on the crew of the 'Drunken Whore'.

Sexuality: I sailed for a bunch of years on a merchant ship...what cha want to know about sex? I can tell ya enough that your hair would fall out!!

Reason for Application: I need a way to build my magic and show those loons over at the college of Magic that a Mhudd is back. You do know my Grandfather Faenbutton Mhudd helped found the Waterdeep college. There is still a marker in the halls you just have to go find it since they have moved it and covered it up. ... <leans closer to the recruiter as her eyes flick to the gnome with the big hat setting over in the other room> " I Is that Barnabas the hero of deep town?...he is sooo cool"

okay Okay Bartholomew...this is Bartholomew the fierce...he is the red brown one. If he is white he is the Wise one... if he is black he is the sneaky one...and pray you never see the green one...he is very, very angry when green!
Bartholomew is my familiar... he has been with me for years and is very smart for a familiar. In fact he is fey...so feed him sweets and meat and he won't go weaselly on you!!

Bartholomew, please not Bart he hates being called that. Likes to explore and wander about when I do not need him close. He often finds all sorts of things normally shiny and often belonging to someone else.

"Oh I forgot to mention I have a couple of trinkets... This is a my lucky coin.. it is gold and from some far off unknown land. This is an <waves a rolled up piece of parchment> indecipherable treasure map I saved from Captain Greybeard's maps. I know its a treasure map cause he said it was and it has a big X on it. When I finally figure it out I will be insanely rich!"

"One last thing...if you do not hire me Bartholomew will be very angry...he will go all green even and you do not want Bartholomew angry!"

<okay Blondie you can have it back I am done and I am sure those morons ummm people at AI were impressed>

I am so glad she finally got all that out...damn gnome was giving me a headache!!

Phaia

Kathyan

It's been a long long while since I saw that picture for a character AndyZ, I love it by the way. ^^

But that 'cute' gnome looks great too Phaia, love her too.

So many interesting and fun characters here, I'd love to have Lilili meet them all ;D

Chulanowa

So... this is going to take some time for me to ponder. I'll have a decision later tonight. You guys are frankly awesome and insane - some of you more one than the other. Anyway, here's everyone who has given me a full concept:

Gillie Pussyfoot, Forest Gnome Rogue - played by Bibliophilia
Cedevex, Human barbarian - Played by Doomblade403xxx
Austrahild Wanderfoot, Stout Halfling Paladin - played by Guancyto
Gustavo Ventus, Air genasi Sorcerer - played by Rummy Tum Tum
Ella Boomingsong scheppen Stumbleduck, Rock Gnome Artificer - played by Hexed
Chugheck Mudbrew, Mountain Dwarf barbarian - played by Zaer Darkwail
Barnabas, Deep Gnome Artificer - played by Crash
Sillassen Syltherranon Silkenthwaite the Third, Human Cleric - Played by Cold Heritage
Gloria Hollister, Human Warlock - played by Vreski
Lilly Lee, Human barbarian - played by Kathyan
Rha, Human Bard - Played by AndyZ
Harri Mudd, Forest Gnome Wizard - Played by Phaia
Belladonna Periwinkle, Princess of the Fairy Wood, Moon elf druid - Played by CurvyKitten

And I have to pick six of you. Why. WHY.

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: Chulanowa on May 17, 2017, 10:48:06 PM
So... this is going to take some time for me to ponder. I'll have a decision later tonight. You guys are frankly awesome and insane - some of you more one than the other. Anyway, here's everyone who has given me a full concept:

Gillie Pussyfoot, Forest Gnome Rogue - played by Bibliophilia
Cedevex, Human barbarian - Played by Doomblade403xxx
Austrahild Wanderfoot, Stout Halfling Paladin - played by Guancyto
Gustavo Ventus, Air genasi Sorcerer - played by Rummy Tum Tum
Ella Boomingsong scheppen Stumbleduck, Rock Gnome Artificer - played by Hexed
Chugheck Mudbrew, Mountain Dwarf barbarian - played by Zaer Darkwail
Barnabas, Deep Gnome Artificer - played by Crash
Sillassen Syltherranon Silkenthwaite the Third, Human Cleric - Played by Cold Heritage
Gloria Hollister, Human Warlock - played by Vreski
Lilly Lee, Human barbarian - played by Kathyan
Rha, Human Bard - Played by AndyZ
Harri Mudd, Forest Gnome Wizard - Played by Phaia
Belladonna Periwinkle, Princess of the Fairy Wood, Moon elf druid - Played by CurvyKitten

And I have to pick six of you. Why. WHY.

Not trying to be mean but it's been my experience in any forum game that numbers don't hold. People have to drop or just disappear.

Chulanowa

Not a problem, all intern applications are kept on file. We'll send you a Sending.  ;D

Cold Heritage

No matter what happens, quite frankly, Triple S knows that Chulanowa will do what's best for business.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Phaia

I have no part in the following plans so do not blame me!

Phaia

"okay all ya gnomes, Gillie, Ella, Barnabus come over here. Grab that Halfling and the drunk dwarf. You had better get the cleric as well..."

In the back dusty room of the AI center Harri has drawn a series of arrows and pictures all over one wall. "see gang I figure it this way...we set an ambush for the AI recruiter known as Chulanowa. Once we have him hog tied and gagged we can explain to him that we are the best choices for the interns... after all the small folk have to stick together. We may have to use small words to explain things. That recruiter did not seem all that sharp. Gilli if he wont work with us you can stabby stabby a bit but make sure they are in non-serious places."

Harri waxes on about illusions and magic and timed movements of the stars for a good 20 minutes and then nods waiting for replies.

Chulanowa

Huh. -Imagines being hogtied by a bunch of gnome and halfling women- I could live with this.

Rummy Tum Tum

Bibliophilia

Gillie only sleeps with dudes who defeat her in battle.

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Chulanowa

Pretty sure necrophiliacs only get lukewarm chicks, at best.

CurvyKitten

ssooo....you have to be this short to ride this ride? ~holds hands at gnomie height~ hehe That is a interesting new twist :P

AndyZ

It's creepy when a human says that your hair smells good.

It's creepier when a gnome says it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Kathyan

Quote from: AndyZ on May 18, 2017, 12:24:56 AM
It's creepy when a human says that your hair smells good.

It's creepier when a gnome says it.

Oh my, which hair could that gnome be speaking about. :-[

Chulanowa

Quote from: Kathyan on May 18, 2017, 12:45:31 AM
Oh my, which hair could that gnome be speaking about. :-[

The hair on your head, of course.

Becuase they sneak into your room while you sleep.