Life at the Ludus [Ancient Rome]

Started by Blonde, September 18, 2012, 03:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blonde

Quote from: Caitlin on October 02, 2012, 02:12:52 PM
*Gives Blonde an extra big hug.* :-)

No worries about point A Blonde, we read the rules and were just forming friendships. I think we all agree that pre-arranged relationships make for a boring roleplay. I for one want to spread the luvin' far & wide. ;D

I'm not sure what you meant with D. The interpretation I have goes along the lines of a gangbang or threesome, but that might not be what you meant. ;)

People might have to make extra characters, even if they get killed or just pop up in the background.

But yeah, I kicking arse and getting rid of those who have been totally silent and haven't contributed anything.

I have a chest infection and had a shit day at work, so I am a grump. But thanks for the hug.
On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

Caitlin

Infections of any kind suck, and I can see how it would affect your day at work. I hope you'll start feeling better soon. When it's desired I can probably take up an additional character, although I'll treat Baersun as my main character. Depending on what you need it can be either male or female, I'm pretty easy going when it comes to that and I can play both genders realistically.

If I may give a tip; perhaps you could pm those who have been inactive for a while. If they don't respond within 48 hours then you can write them off for sure. It could be that they're not following this topic actively though.

The Last Standing

I see you guys are seeking more players. Would you guys mind if I jump in with a gladiator? I have a fairly interesting premise, and have studied Latin and Roman culture in the past, so I have a sense for the setting. Let me know and I'll finish writing up my character.

Blonde

Quote from: The Last Standing on October 02, 2012, 02:47:09 PM
I see you guys are seeking more players. Would you guys mind if I jump in with a gladiator? I have a fairly interesting premise, and have studied Latin and Roman culture in the past, so I have a sense for the setting. Let me know and I'll finish writing up my character.

Yes of course you can :) Just head to the OOC (I will link it into the first post in a second) and pop your character sheet in there.

The Last Standing

Terrific! This looks like it shall be a lot of fun.

Caitlin

I can promise you it will be. ^_^

Lots of ideas are already flowing around. ;D

Blonde

I have a few things that those who are taking part will have to fill in, sort of like questionnaires on your character, just so I know what we can do and the limits etc. One will be about what your character thinks of the other characters, another will be about what you are comfortable with sex wise. Basically this is going to get pretty sordid.

Caitlin

Hmm... I'm not sure about that second questionairy, how characters feel about one another.

The way I imagined it, is that most of the characters will be new to the Ludus. As such they won't really know yet how they feel about other characters, usually that kind of thing builds up over time ICly. I know how Baersun feels about the owner and Leonidas, purely based on their ancestry, and he'll likely have feelings for Geila when he discovers where she's from, not to mention, have a general weakness for the women, but that's about it. The mistress would probably be pretty high on his blacklist too, due to her associations with the owner, but this could change if she treats him particularly nice and makes sure he has a good life there. It could also force us in a hate/ love relationship with characters before we even really established our characters.

The other 2 are definitely great ideas though, but I'm not sure about the afore mentioned.

gaggedLouise

Bring it on, Blonde. I am understood with that the slaves may be treated like whores, may be tortured, raped and/or flogged, and that the men (perhaps the women too occasionally) may get seriously hurt in fights and brawls.

As for pre-arranged relationships, I don't see Baersun taking possession of my Greek girl in anything like a standing partnership. He might dominate her at some points but others might too, she will be treated like a slut on occasion - as will Geila, I suppose. We were just talking of bonds of friendship (in the course of time) and mutual efforts to help each other or reach quick satisfaction in a cramped and dangerous existence.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

peterhere

Are you still recruiting for this one? :)
The meaning of life, is to grant life meaning.
My ideas: elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133385.msg5936486#msg5936486

Caitlin

Currently we have a 4:2 male:female ratio in the OOC, I hope more of the women join us soon too.

Caitlin

Quote from: peterhere on October 02, 2012, 04:17:29 PM
Are you still recruiting for this one? :)
I'm not sure, only Blonde can tell. To be honest, with 4 active men and 1 that might still rejoin us we could be full on the male side already. If the other male doesn't rejoin we're likely in search for a new owner of the Ludus.

I hope more women join us though, it'll be hard else to make the game interesting with so much more men than women. On the other hand, I think Blonde is already looking into that. :-)

gaggedLouise

I know someone who might be a hoot for guest roles as a woman being treated in less than pleasant ways or perhaps even as a female facing off with one of the gladiators in a training fight (none of them would be wearing complete armour when it's a man gainst a woman...) She's a great writer, too. *giggles*

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Blonde

I am closing this interest check up, and re-opening a new one with the available spots on offer.
I'm not going to hang about for people who are ignoring me, just cause they're awesome apparently. So yes, new Interest check is on its way. Any questions from interested parties PM me, as I am the GM of this role play.

The Last Standing

Alright, my character is up in the OOC. Hope he adds an interesting dynamic to the situation.

Caitlin

I read your biography, he seems interesting yeah. I do hope you won't play him as overpowered in the game when he gets that crazy stuff going though. ;)

Other then that minor note it he sounds like a fine addition. :)