Shout box changes

Started by Cherri Tart, March 02, 2009, 01:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherri Tart

ok, so... why can't i use the SB anymore? is it me?
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Silver

Have you tried refreshing or logging out and then back in.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Cherri Tart

i'll try... thanks Silver :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Cherri Tart

no... it hates me... i am silenced...

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Silver

Quote from: Cherri Tart on March 02, 2009, 01:37:20 PM
no... it hates me... i am silenced...

Hmm..

I don't know what else to tell you other than to try and wait it out.. many things are different so Veks might already know about it.
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Cherri Tart

Veki did this on purpose to shut me up! *pouts* i just KNOW it! *giggles*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Silver

Quote from: Cherri Tart on March 02, 2009, 01:42:19 PM
Veki did this on purpose to shut me up! *pouts* i just KNOW it! *giggles*

*offers her a cookie thinking it might help for the time being*

Greenthorn

My tiny SB!!  The picture has actually enlarged the text...strange!!

Bliss

I can't post to or view the shoutbox either, Cherri, so believe me it's not Vek being out to get you.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

WyldRanger

Quote from: Bliss on March 02, 2009, 03:06:42 PM
I can't post to or view the shoutbox either, Cherri, so believe me it's not Vek being out to get you.

Unless he's out to get you BOTH! *evil smirk*

DavidLandry

I am able to see the ShoutBox a short moment when I open a thread or the like, but then I get the message
QuoteShout Box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

jouzinka

Maybe it could be helpful, guys, if you listed your browser and perhaps even the platform you have (as in Linux, Mac, Windows). That could help track/exclude possible faults. :)

Or maybe not and I'm finally completely nuts. ;D
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

DavidLandry

Oh right .. Windows XP - SP2 ... Browser is Google Chrome atm.

Caeli

Quote from: jouzinka on March 02, 2009, 04:33:59 PM
Maybe it could be helpful, guys, if you listed your browser and perhaps even the platform you have (as in Linux, Mac, Windows). That could help track/exclude possible faults. :)

Or maybe not and I'm finally completely nuts. ;D

Browser and Version # (can be found at Help > About IE/Safari/Firefox/Chrome/etc.)
Operating system / OS (Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.)
Version of OS (using Microsoft as an example, XP, Vista, 2000, 1998, etc.)

Also, check to make sure that you have the latest updates for whatever you have? That might or might not also be the problem.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Prefect Mos

Well I didn't even see the SB till i refreshed my DNS cache, have no idea why the hell that worked. And I wasn't able to post till I went into No Script in Firefox and reauthorized this site. If your running any sort of Adaware, or Script Blocking software or addons, you might try reautherising E .

Cherri Tart

i have window XP - the rest is all some sort of foreign language to me... *sighs* i'll ask the girl tomorrow, she might know....

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Bliss on March 02, 2009, 03:06:42 PM

*clings and hugs*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Bliss

It wasn't working for me until I switched to a different browser; today, I had to start up my laptop fresh because I didn't get it plugged in when I got it home, and now the sb is working on my usual browser.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Vekseid

It was a domain name issue, Chrome was being dumb.

Cherri Tart

*shrugs* looks likie i'm out of luck - it just doesn't like something about my set up - oh, well, such is life. 

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Dawg

Well the best thing I like about the Shoutbox is that little plus/minus Icon to the upper right corner of the page, worked before the change and still works today.  It also explains why I am not seen in there very often .....

*Snuggles Cherri*
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Stattick

Damn... the shoutbox is dead, and so is the history file (apparently)...

Now I will never know if my last attempted shoutbox message made it in the nick of time before the incredible dimensional energies employed by our very own temporal mage, Vekseid, closed the rift... Did anyone see it? Or is it lost forever in another dimension now? In a million years in another dimension, will some alien archeaologist struggle to understand the meaning of, "Pasties are... um... sort of like British hot pockets"?
O/O   A/A

Silver

Quote from: Stattick on March 03, 2009, 08:22:57 PM

Now I will never know if my last attempted shoutbox message made it in the nick of time before the incredible dimensional energies employed by our very own temporal mage, Vekseid, closed the rift... Did anyone see it? Or is it lost forever in another dimension now? In a million years in another dimension, will some alien archeaologist struggle to understand the meaning of, "Pasties are... um... sort of like British hot pockets"?

*can't help but giggle a bit*

Apple of Eris

So THAT's what pasties are. Now I feel complete.

*runs off before hijacking serious threads further*

And don't deprive me of my wife Mr. Veks! *weeps*
Seriously though, thanks for all your hard work getting things all fixed and spiffy Mr V. :)
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Valerian

Quote from: Stattick on March 03, 2009, 08:22:57 PM

Actually, they are sort of like British hot pockets!  Well, Cornish hot pockets.  Heh.  Don't worry, Apple, no one from PA seems to know what they are.  I think they're a midwest thing... though that doesn't explain how Stattick knows about them...

I like the idea of confusing the archaeologists, though.  *nods*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE