Interest Check: X-men themed RP?

Started by Wolfy, October 30, 2010, 06:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yasarra

A balance of elements, most definitely, will keep it fresh.

Writersblockade

Pretty much what Primarch said, however...if you wanted to throw in a storyline where all hell's broken loose (yet again) and has caused the students to scatter, our story could be able young, mostly untested mutants out in the world, with only a few teachers to show them the way, on the fly. It would allow for the roleplay of self discovery...ideas on how to use the powers they have, and the like.

Well...who am I to complain with a little bit of Runaways thrown in for seasoning!?
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Talk2meguy

I think a character sheet would help us better decide, that way we can see how many CC's to OC's we have?

lex87author

I'd definitely being interested in playing in this one, I've got an original guy that would be a blast to play.

Wolfy

yuna0417

Love X-men.  Established or originals?

Also where in the timeline are we picking things up at?  Cause that's also a complicated issue.

Primarch

I put up a post in the character thread for an original.

yasarra

Is anybody playing canon characters in this?  And if so, who?  Because if not, I'd like to play the child of two canon characters.  If they are, I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

yuna0417

I am planning to play a canon character, she has no kids though, and I am waiting to hear on just where in the marvel Timeline we'll pick up in.

yasarra

Well, I'm kind of hoping for a Gambit/Bella kid.  I won't do it though if someone intends to play one of those two, unless they're okay with that, of course.

yuna0417

I'm pretty much against children of canon characters unless they canon themselves, but it's not my thread.

Wolfy

Well, as I've said before, this RP falls somewhere futher down in Marvel Continuity..thus it leaves the possibility of children open, though if someone will be playing said parents, you'd need their consent and collaboration first.

Major Major

Hmmmmn who is playing canon characters?

yuna0417

CurvyKitten

I haven't decided weather I wanted to play cannon or original. Like I said i have an original the child of wolferine and storm. Or play the cannon Rouge or Storm. I wanted to see where this all went.

yuna0417

Me too.  I'm thinking of a lesser known character though.  Just waiting on just where in the timeline we are starting.

Primarch

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 04, 2010, 07:13:39 AM
I haven't decided weather I wanted to play cannon or original. Like I said i have an original the child of wolferine and storm. Or play the cannon Rouge or Storm. I wanted to see where this all went.

I'd love to see a Rogue, especially if you can play her well.

yasarra

CurvyKitten, let me know if you decide to go with Rogue.  I don't know...If I went with Belladonna and Gambit's kid, how the interaction would be there.  I'm not saying the two got married and had a "happily ever after", but knowing if Rogue is still with the Cajun will help me with coming up with a history for my girl.  Though if there's an objection, I could happily select other 'rents for her.

CurvyKitten

Well if some one would like to play gambit then I'd play rogue.Something about that cajun always made me tingle...lol. But if not I'd play my costume... and play it as it comes.

Writersblockade

I'm still interested, but having a bit of a problem with character creation. I'll try to think of something soon.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

yasarra

As Curvy has expressed an interest in Rogue, I think I'll opt for a Frost-Worthington, instead.  That is, unless there are objections.

Isengrad

Ill be keeping an eye on this one, Have a good idea for a beta level mutant along the lines of Angel.. very thematic actually as well ^^.

original artwork by karabiner

Major Major

I'm tempted to go as a 'descendant' of a canon character, if it helps any?

Wolfy

Once everyone is ready and I have my own profile up, I think we'll almost be ready to begin.

Though what is everyone's thoughts on the Timeline? I suppose it would be set in the future in an Alternate Timeline, but how far? Hmm..

Isengrad

really we can explain it at any point. alternate timelines are wonderful things. There is an infinite amount of them and we have free right to shape it however we want.

original artwork by karabiner