Time of the Death Eaters (Revamp Intrest Check)

Started by Jag, March 25, 2012, 10:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

It's been a while and I know I'm not the greatest of GMs. I try, very hard, to keep games going. I love my group games and I never want them to fail. My biggest problem is keeping the number of players to a minimum so that I do not become overwhelmed. With that said, I am reopening my Death Eaters game. I love Harry Potter and I want this game to succeed. So on with the group plot bunny!

It seems to me that most Harry Potter games revolve around Hogwarts and the Marauders. Other than Remus, I don't really like the Marauders. Nor do I like working around site rules to incorporate so many characters, especially siblings, that are all the same exact age. So I say screw the canon storyline and lets have some fun with the Death Eaters! I spoke with Undisclosedtoyou about doing a game like this, but it just never went through. I've decided that I do want a dark game. A Harry Potter game that falls into the Extreme category.

There will be some 'rules' about Muggles. Most of them will be NPCs or OCs that die. Voldemort does not have 'love' for anyone, nor do I think he would degrade himself to having sex with, molesting, or even lustfully gazing at a Muggle (or maybe not even a Half-Blood). That being said, I will be taking on Voldemort as an NPC.

On the subject of sexuality, I don't care if your character is gay, straight, bi, or non-sexual...but the Potterverse is, in the books, not the most other-sexuality-friendly universe. If you wish to have a m/m or f/f relationship with another character, be prepared to be having it with an NPC. I will not reject non-straight characters, but I can't promise that there will be someone for your character to fool around with. And on that subject, this is not a very sexual game. This is more about the violence than the sex.

The basic idea of the game will be for Harry to have been killed. Either through Lily not reacting the way she did in the book (not using her love to defend her son and instead running downstairs to try and fend Voldemort off there...or even Snape coming in at the last moment and stunning her to take her for himself). That leaves the wizarding world in rubble. The Death Eaters take over.

The game would start at a Dark Revel, a Death Eater gathering, in celebration of Voldemort's victory (even if it was over a 1 year old child). There are plenty of Cannon Death Eaters for people to play, but I am taking on OCs as well. Here is a list of available Cannon Death Eaters:

Lucius Malfoy
Bellatrix Lestrange (née Black)
Rodolphus Lestrange (Bella's Husband)
Rabastan Lestrange (Bella's Brother-in-Law)
Alecto Carrow
Amycus Carrow (Alecto's brother)
Antonin Dolohov
Bartemius Crouch Jr.
Igor Karkaroff
Thorfinn Rowle
Walden Macnair
Augustus Rookwood
Evan Rosier

A few notes on Cannon Death Eaters:

Just because you want to be an main Death Eater like Bella, Lucius, or Barty does not mean you get to be. I will be looking very hard at the character sheets for those types of characters and if I do not feel you can portray that character accurately (even in a non-cannon storyline), then the part will go to someone else. Snape is not included because I want to use him as an NPC later on.

I didn't include Regulus Black because I do like keeping a little canon material and he dies in 1979, before Harry is killed.

I would like to keep people like Sirius and Remus out of it for the most part. I'd like the game to be about the joys of being a Death Eater. You know...killing, cursing, torturing, raping, hurting, and feeling superior. I will allow Muggle-Born and Half-Blood OCs. Most of those will likely become 'pets' or 'toys' to one or more of the Death Eaters.

OC Death Eaters are very much welcomed. But remember, not everyone has to be a Death Eater. In the books, being a Death Eater was a privilege held only for Voldemort's top people or people of value to him (Peter was a useless lump except that he knew where the Potters were). Many, like Narcissa Malfoy, were simply followers and not full blown Death Eaters. These characters are allowed and encouraged.

Because I do not want to become overwhelmed again, I am restricting the game (to start with) to 10 players (eleven with myself included). Here is the character sheet:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]School:[/b] (Hogwarts, Durmstrang, Beauxbatons, Salem Witches Institute (North America), Mahoutokoro (Japan) etc...)
[b]Blood:[/b] (Pure Blood, Half-Blood, or Muggle-Born)
[b]Rank:[/b] (Marked Death Eater, Low Rank Death Eater, or Loyalist...please be warned that if you are a half-breed like a giant or Veela, you are more likely to be low rank unless Voldie has GREAT use for you)
[b]Death Eater Mask:[/b] (if you are a Death Eater)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History (please be somewhat descriptive):[/b]
[b]Signature Spell/Curse:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (description and picture preferred, but please no just pictures)

Here is a list of a few curses and such to choose your Signature Spell/Curse:

Curses
Spells
Hexes
Jinxes
Charms

Obviously, things like Sectumsempra cannot be chosen, so please use common sense. If you are well enough versed in Latin, please feel free to submit an original Spell or Curse, but please include a description of said curse/spell.

Finally, please post your character sheet and/or interest in this thread. I will PM you when I decide if your character is approved or not. Just because you show interest does not mean you will be allowed to play. As I said before, I am limiting this to 10 players (myself will make 11). I want descriptive, well thought, well rounded characters...not hyper sexual stereotypes with magical powers.

EDIT: If you've stumbled in here looking for a more 'after the books' type of game, please check out Krys Snape's Dark Harry Potter interest check.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment