A4A Looking for a partner to explore historical narratives with!

Started by hellcat858, April 10, 2024, 10:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellcat858

Hi there,

Thanks for stopping by! It’s been quite some time since I have been apart of this community, but the writing bug has bit me once more, and I have decided to return to this amazing group of folks! I am looking for one or more partners to RP with me in one or more historical settings over Discord. I am a long time roleplayer and an avid writer who generally posts between 250-1000 words per post depending on situation and context. I absolutely adore long term narratives, and exploring new ideas, plots, and characters to add to rich narratives.

I have included a list of potential time periods below, though none are mandatory, and I am happy to discuss any suggestions you might have! These suggestions are merely to get the thought process rolling and see if there is anything that stands out as interesting. Bear in mind that while I am interested in history, I am not opposed to bending history, or even adding fantastical elements to the story. Monsters, magic, dark or lewd themes are all fair game, as I prefer fun story over factually correct narrative – we’re not writing a textbook here!

1800’s
There are many numbers of stories which could take place over this century, from nobles associated with royal houses across Europe, to the frontlines of the American Civil War, the scramble for Africa, or even setting a plot in the “Orient” as it was known at the time.

1600’s - 1700’s
This is a fascinating time, where royal decree is at its peak, and global trade is flourishing. Pirate roleplays are a personal favorite of mine. Beyond that, a setting placed in the Seven Years War, American Revolution or French Revolution could also be interesting.

Renaissance Era (1491CE – 1600CE)
An age of artistic revival and global discovery, there is much that could be done with this time. From the Italian Renaissance to the rise of the Ottoman Sultanate, to the dissolution of the Mongol empire and its descendants and the rise of Muscovy (Russia), this time was a period of great change.

Medieval Era (1066CE – 1491CE)
This time requires no introduction. Kings, queens, princes, and princesses – Feudalism reigned supreme in Europe. Chivalry and knighthood went hand in hand, yet the darker and grittier realities of the time were ever present such as the emergence of the Black Death and the Crusades.

“Dark Ages” (449CE – 1066CE)
A time of collapse for European societies. The fall of Rome was difficult for many, though from its ashes rose powerful states like the Holy Roman Empire, the Eastern Roman Empire (later Byzantium), the spread of the Muslim faith, and the consolidation of Japanese culture.

Ancient Times
This time period takes up thousands of years of history, so I will generalize it by grouping them together. Think Rome, ancient Greece, Persia, the Franks, Celts, Assyria, ancient Egypt, Sumerians etc. There is so much that could be done with these times, as the foundations of civilization were laid down and countless stories could be told!

Neolithic Era
This is a fascinating time which is criminally underrated. Humanities history spans roughly 250,000 years or more, and most of it was spent hunting, gatherings, scavenging. It was a colder time for humans who were not the top of the food chain, and everyday was a test of survival. The migration from East African into Europe and Asia could not have been easy, and I would love to explore some narratives relating to this. Perhaps even the migration to North America!

Thanks for taking the time to read my little ad. If anything regarding these settings interests you, please feel free to DM me and I would be happy to connect and discuss possibilities with you.
DM me on Discord!
virus_syndicate