Dragon Age: Neverending Dusk (Fantasy/Action/Romance) open to all!

Started by Dunnuck, July 21, 2010, 08:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunnuck

Ok, so Dragon Age: Life's Emporium is an RP based in the Dragon Age universe, which was newly created by the game developing team Bioware. The world is large and diverse, very detailed as well. This is definitely an RP for people who like Dungeons and Dragons and the such. There are three main races: Human, Elf, and Dwarf. You can look up different things on the universe of the game easily and quickly, and I encourage people to join and I support diversity. There are no drow in the universe, however elaboration can be done to any race. For example, if you wanted something similiar to drow, it could be a sect of the Elven race that were biologically different from the standard elves and have either been cast out and rejected or set themselves apart. Things like this can be done.

What I am promising is an enthralling, original story set in the DA universe, entertaining characters, excellent set pieces, and possibly a good romance story.

I am developing a story for it right now and depending on how many people show interest, I will put it up and continue with the development of the RP ^_^

ForeverCrashed

Having played and beaten DA:O, I have to say Thedas is a very rich world in terms of RP potential - familiar enough that you have some idea of what the frig you're doing, yet different enough to hold your attention.

That said, I'd like to know more about the story before I join. If you don't have all the details hammered out yet, just give me the gyst of it. Does it take place in another country instead of Ferelden? Are we going to be fighting darkspawn all over the place again? Will we be doing any travel to the Fade? Help me out here.

sinoraa

my interest is peaked, been looking for a Dragon age RP for some time

Jade Griffin

I'll join, though I have never played the game.  I'm pretty experienced in RPing in a fantasy world however.

Dunnuck

It will take place on Thedas, but not Ferelden. It will be after the Blight, so daakspawn are few. It will most likely involve the witchess mentioned on one of the random facts loading pages and a cult that follows her. There will also be a moving force thats going through and destroying/burning towns, villages and forests, hence the title "Neverending Dusk" (referring to the orange tinted sky as a result of fires). The moving force will be rumored to be empowered by a Dragon. Whether it is or not is will develope. This is a very brief outline subject to change, and the witchess' involvement still needs to be worked out.

Dunnuck

Its going to be far deeper than that, I assure. It may change completely. But just know that I do not plan to piggy back off of the story of Origins. This is an original story in the DA universe. Maybe a cameo from a few characters, but no major role will be played by a pre existing character.

Dunnuck

and the Fade will make an appearance but with my owm embelishments (that would fit in the world of DA, of course)

ForeverCrashed

Hmm, I like it so far. And I'm glad you're not just going to ride on Origin's story. I would definitely like to see other nations of Thedas. In fact, since it's a moving force, as you said, we'd probably wander all over the continent.

Dunnuck

Exactly. I own tte game, so I plan on utilizing the information in it and flesh it out. Also been looking up information on Thedas

Dunnuck

Probably going to be starting it soon. Just letting everyone know. Dragon Age: Never Ending Dusk

Character template  below:

Name:
Race:
Class:
Personality:
History/Object:

Here is mine:

Name: Leonardo Vorlain
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Personality: A brave man that often finds himself in bad situations. His is shy and not very smooth with women. He is funny and normally tries to find the bright side to things, however he does have a serious side.
History/Object: Will be revealed later (acceptable answer, btw)
Appearance: he stands at about 6"1 and has black hair that goes down just past his shoulders. He has gray eyes, which always seem bright. He has a clean shaven face and is slender, yet muscular.

Bondomon

Waiting for my acceptance, I'd like to try this out :)

Name: Patrick "Moody" Gallow
Race: Human
Class: Blood Mage, Hermit
Personality: In appearance, Patrick is simply a middle aged man with a strange speech and a dirty aspect. He talks of himself in third person ("Moody thinks that this is stupid!" "Moody doesn't like this") and, even if he calls himself Moody, hates if somone other does this. Normally, he wears a dirty wizard robe, consumed and poor-loking. His staff is made of nodose dark wood with mysterious (and most useless) runes craved on it.
History/Object: Patrick manifested his magical abilities at the age of 8, when he healed a dying cow of his parents' farm. Obviously, neither his father nor his mother liked it, but they were "respectable people" and didn't want that the neighborhood to speak ill of them because of their "little demon". So, they simply abbandoned him in the forest near the farm.
Well, at least this is one of the stories that Moody tells to those that ask about his story. Another time he could tell the story of his "Noble father who possessed more land than the King of Ferelden". One time again the story may center on him being "The only male child of the witch Flemeth". Maybe not even Patrick remember his true past, what is sure is that he's an above-ordinary wizard, with abilities in blood magic and a great ability in illusions. Sometimes he talks about events that are far in the past as if he was there, indicating Patrick could be much older than he looks (he's not even sure that the one he normally use is his true appearence or if one day he casted a spell to looks like that and forgot to take it out).
Moody travels the world, hiding himself from the church and the templars, not sure about his own motives. He just know that he NEEDS to travel, otherwise he become bored...and when Moody become bored he use magic to entertain himself...and then demon appears...and villages get destroyed...and it's a mess to put everything back in order...

An important note: since I'm italian my english isn't exactly top-level, so forgive me in advance.

Dunnuck

LongN4

"Robin Hood has thou been stealing my valuables and giving them to the poor?"
"Yes"
"and you've stolen my girlfirend to?"
"Yes"
"and now your giving her to the poor?"
"YES!"
"Your giving her to the poor?"
"Yes, that is what I said!"

Damnedangel

Name: Lexi
Race: Elf
Class: Thief
Personality: Happy, Lively, Loves taking risks, secretive and will speak her mind
History/Object: Is a secret, it will slowly be revealed. All I’m going to say is that she has alot of enemies because she stole from alot of people in high places and from gangs.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

bubby

I might like to join..tough I have never played the game. Can dragons come?

SSJ4Gojeta

I'd love to join, if you don't mind. Loved the original game because the world we so detailed and steeped in so much culture.