News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Corruption of Champions! FAE - Closed!

Started by eBadger, April 08, 2015, 05:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eBadger

In response to VonDoom's excellent interest thread, this is the actual Recruiting Thread!  I'll be working as GM for the game. 

RECRUITING ENDS MIDNIGHT PST APRIL 14th!

LGBT-friendly!

Imagine a world invaded by demonic agents and literally suffused with their corruption, turning many of  its residents into selfish and often wanton parodies of their former selves. Where few are as they were and those tainted who still maintain their common sense and sanity flock together for protection -- and often relief for their new-found urges.

A world full of monsters, some in the shapes of beautiful women, men or hermaphrodites, some bestial, some demonic, all driven by powerful urges -- to taint, to reproduce or simply to satisfy their cravings.

A world into which unsuspecting 'Champions' are often sent as tribute, so that the demons residing there do not turn their eyes towards other realms. All too often these champions end as little more than playthings - whether bound, heavily corrupted and then harvested for their tainted sexual fluids, turned into cum-addicted minotaur cocksleeves, or breeding mares for one type of tainted critter or another - but some prove the exception. Some battle against all these dangers with success and carve a place of their own, some make the corruption their own and become a powerful menace in their own right -- all these things and many more are on the table.

The many transformative items that abound in the world are a quick path to greater strength, but can also lead to darker  things. Sure, drinking the milk of a succubus makes you into a more beautiful image of femininity and makes a busty beauty even out of a flat-chested tomboy -- or a formerly brawny man -- but it also tempts, corrupts. The blood of a minotaur or dragon can grant great strength, but it all comes at the price of
change. 'You are what you eat' has never been more literal a phrase.

The world of Corruption of Champions, as originally conceived by Fenoxo. A land of sex, corruption, transformation and every kink imaginable, it is a quirky and fun take on the non-consensual and extreme.  While I highly suggest a few minutes playing the free game there's no need to have extensive knowledge and, in fact, it may be more fun not to know quite what's going on.  You've just been thrown into another world, after all! 

This is a Story-Driven game using the Fate: Accelerated system.  It's okay if you don't know the system - it's very simple and easy to learn, and entirely available online for free. 

APPLICATION:
1. Please read through before signing up.
2. This is NOT first come/first serve.  There are a limited number of spots; we want some quality writers for this, and applicants should take the commitment seriously.  But neither will I wait for days when a good group has already been submitted.  I will give at least 24 hours notice before recruiting is closed.
3. I expect at least two posts per week. 
4. Yes, of course I'm open to questions, comments and feedback!  Things are still in flux. 

READ ME: A couple quick notes on character backgrounds:
1. You are human (don't worry, you probably won't stay that way). 
2. You are from another world and have just arrived in this one.  That can happen two ways:
-You have been chosen as a champion, willingly or less so, and sent through the portal as tithe to the demons (as per the game). 
-You are from a world that does not tithe (either refuses or is ignorant) and have been kidnapped by imps & demons (either a war captive, snatched from under your bed, or even tricked into coming willingly).  You will begin as captive chattel. 
3. Magic doesn't exist much outside this world.  Beginning with any requires a very strong background reason, and should tie back to this world. 

Character Description: 

Name:Fill in your character's name.
Sex: Physical sex. If your character is trans or genderfluid, it is suggested to use their birth sex to begin with, as there will be plenty of opportunity to remedy that in-game. Futa is not a starting option for the same reason.
Build: Slender, Average, Curvy, Tomboyish...; Lean, Average, Thick, Girly...
Height How tall your character is.
Skin tone: Your character's skin tone.
Hair color: Your character's hair color. Also include length.
Beard: If applicable.
Breast/cock size: Split up if player has both, otherwise only use the applicable one.  Small, average, freakishly gargantuan, etc. work fine - I don't usually describe by numbers or bra size.

Appearance
Describe the character's appearance in your own words. Do not use CoC-generated appearance texts.

Personality
Describe the characters personality, their strong points, flaws, likes and dislikes, etc.

Background
Describe where the character comes from: their circumstances of birth, their childhood and how they were raised. Did they have family, significant friendships or rivalries, perhaps an early adventure or two? What profession did they learn growing up? How did they end up being chosen as a Champion?

Writing Sample/Prologue
Please include a narrative describing your last moments before entering the portal into a new world.  This is an opportunity to explore your character's voice, personality, motivations, and so on.  3-5 paragraphs, please - no text walls or snippets!

Ons/Offs
Specifically pertaining to CoC-specific fetishes.

Character Sheet: 

High Concept

Trouble

Aspects

Approaches
Careful
Clever
Flashy
Forceful
Quick
Sneaky

Fate Points
Refresh

Stunts

eBadger

Character Creation Guide:
All credit for this section to VonDoom!

The (very short!) game rules for Fate Accelerated can be accessed here: http://fate-srd.com/fate-accelerated/get-started

Aspects
High Concept. Essentially a short very basic description of your character. For my example Marissa, that's 'Studious Witch Apprentice'. Other examples 'Daring Elven Swashbuckler' or 'The Best Gun In The West', something that describes the core of the character.

Create one brief statement to be your High Concept.   

Trouble. Define a character trait that is problematic. This can be something like 'Easily gets jealous' or like Marissa's 'Curiosity killed corrupted the cat'. It can also be something non-personality related like 'Trouble magnet' or 'wears the brand of a traitor'. The latter won't really work for CoC since there's no big common law that would matter after stepping through the portal, but it should serve as a general example. 

Create one brief statement to be your Trouble. 

Further Aspects, similar to the ones above, describe character capabilities, resources or things she's done that are representative of who she is and what she can do: exotic dancer, sword & armor, or pet wolf, for instance. 

Create two Aspects of your choice; the third will be your race:

Human: You remain human, with all the benefits and limitations that implies.

Approaches
Approaches are different ways a character might solve a problem, from beating down an opponent to tricking their way past them.  Higher is better. The game isn't really that concerned with what you do as long as it fits the character but how you do it. If you're a dashing Swashbuckler, you face your foe Flashily in combat, but if you're a lumbering giant of a man, you'll likely be Forceful instead. It all depends on how you describe what you do - what your Approach is, hence the name.

These approaches are: Careful, Clever, Flashy, Forceful, Quick and Sneaky.  

You assign 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 0 points to the six approaches depending on your character's strengths, weaknesses and preferred ways of resolving problems.

Stunts
The most complex thing about character creation comes last. Stunts are character-specific abilities that are free to use. You can have up to five, though it's usually best to begin with just one. Number one to three are free, a fourth or fifth costs you Refresh (explained further below).

The easiest way to do them is to define a specific situation in which a character gains a +2 bonus to a single type of Approach. The Swashbuckler, again, might take 'Because I am a master duelist I gain a +2 bonus when Flashily facing a single foe.' A Succubus seductress might take 'Because I live to seduce, I gain a +2 bonus when Flashily seducing someone'. Depending on how the seductress does her seducing, that could easily also be Careful (the slow route), Clever (maybe a bargain that involves sexual relations as part of the deal) or Sneaky (shapeshifting into a lover, etc.). This sort of 'Stunt' can be anything: a special aptitude, martial technique (Kamehameha!) or even a piece of equipment.

There are more involved things like 'Because I have a mercenary company at my disposal, once per game session, I may declare that a helpful mercenary arrives in the scene', but those are usually best discussed between GM and player since they are completely open to mutual agreement and have no real guidelines.

Create up to three stunts, or save some or all of them for later.  Use the format below. 

QuoteBecause I [describe some way that you are exceptional, have a cool bit of gear, or are otherwise awesome], I get a +2 when I [pick one: Carefully, Cleverly, Flashily, Forcefully, Quickly, Sneakily][pick one: attack, defend, create advantages, overcome] when [describe a circumstance].

-OR-

QuoteBecause I [describe some way that you are exceptional, have a cool bit of gear, or are otherwise awesome], once per chapter I can [describe something cool you can do].

Example:

Zzaza
High Concept: Bee-girl handmaiden
Trouble: Desperately needs to lay her eggs
Aspects:
Aphrodisiac nectar: Zzaza's nectar and sting is a powerful drug
Bee-girl: Zzaza is mostly humanoid, but has a bee abdomen, stinger, wings and antennae
Approaches:
Careful: 2
Clever: 1
Flashy: 3
Forceful: 1
Quick: 2
Sneaky: 0
Stunts:
Because I have hypnotic wings, I get a +2 when I Flashily Attack when entrancing my prey with their sound. 

And that's pretty much everything needed for character creation!  Don't skip the section below, though, it gives some insight on what some of the above is actually for!

==================

On Aspects, What You Do With Them And Fate Points

First, Aspects define who your character is and what they can do just by merit of existing. If a character lists 'soldier', it's simply assumed they know how to wield a weapon, how to properly set up camp and how to take care of their equipment.

Second, you have a limited resource in the game called Fate Points. There are two main uses for them: to Invoke an Aspect or to Compel it.

If you do something that corresponds with one of your Aspects, you have the option to spend a Fate Point and Invoke that Aspect to gain either a +2 bonus to a dice roll or may reroll instead.

To Compel an Aspect means to force a development that makes the situation more dramatic or complicated. It works like this: someone, this can be the GM, a fellow player or even you yourself, points out that one of your aspects might complicate things in the current scene. An 'ill-tempered' Aspect might be compelled to make a character lash out at an important NPC or group member, for example.

If a fellow player or GM, they then pay one Fate Point to the recipient in order to Compel that Aspect, essentially forcing it to happen, but the actual result is discussed between those involved first. And the one who is so compelled can spend a Fate Point of their own to negate the Compel completely if they wish. The main guideline for Compels and FAE in general is that things should be interesting. If they aren't, don't do it.

When a player wants to compel their own aspect, they have two options: if it's a personality thing, they just play it and make a note that they're doing so. If it's well executed and actually a complication to the scene, the GM should award them a Fate Point from their GM pool (a GM gets as many Fate Points per scene as there are players, as a general rule). If it's an Aspect like 'FBI's most wanted', they suggest that the FBI might show up soon. If the GM thinks it would add to the current scene, they also hand out the Fate Point and things then develop accordingly.

Compels are the main source of getting Fate Points back. Of course, the Trouble aspect is the most obviously suited for Compels, but ideally all Aspects should offer Compel potential. 'Studious Witch Apprentice', for example, implies that Marissa is still inexperienced and might botch something because she's too excited or distracted that otherwise would have worked fine. Or that she could get into trouble in places where 'we don't like them witches, stranger'.

Refresh
The second way to get Fate Points back are what was briefly mentioned in the Stunt section above: Refresh. All characters start with 3 Refresh, unless they have four or five Stunts, which reduce it to 2 or 3 respectively. In a pen&paper game, Refresh is the lowest amount of Fate Points a character starts out with each session. If you dropped below your Refresh last session, BAM, now you have three shiny points again! If you had more because you accepted a couple interesting Compels, you start with whatever amount you had last time.

SloppyJoe

Character Description:

Name: Jo Libhaft
Sex: Male
Build: Girly
Height: 6'-
Skin tone: Olive
Hair color: Dark brown shoulder length
Beard: n/a
Breast/cock size: 1.5 inches flaccid 8.5 inches erect cock with a duo of golfball sized testes/ small breasts

Appearance
Jo's tall body is standard for the males of his village, however his girly frame has made him have to push harder to do things his brothers would breeze through, his pushing harder and harder built up the muscles under his flawless olive skin until they stretched it tight. His feminine face is often disarming, meaning many don't taking him seriously until it is far too late. Many times he has passed for a female during renditions of his tribe's history, wearing as little as a loin clothe and bindings around his flat, hard, yet decidedly feminine chest. During his travels he has successfully persuaded many immorally inclined males to take a different approach to violence, getting them drunk, and opening up an opportunity for his party and or himself to escape unscathed by fluttering his long dark eyelashes and winking his almond eyes, sometimes even blowing a kiss with his brown juicy lips.

His unique eyes have often been the source of nightmares when the lone survivor of a raid tells of the demoness whose dark empire guards mountains topped with gold.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

His shoulder length dark brown hair often appears black in all but the right lighting, accentuating his dark complexion and eyes. It is always straight and shines in even the dimmest of light, often emanating a halo like effect on the battlefield.

Personality
Jo is wild at heart, often wise cracking and causing trouble or putting himself into dangerous situations. He can always give just as well as he can take in a verbal duel. His femininity has often been a blessing and just as much a curse and his fearless/ reckless demeanor has more than once scared away potential friends.

Background
As a member of the defense team Jo held his own, the more he see's of his enemies combat style the better, however he is extremely limited when it comes to mounting an offensive strike and has grown a bit rusty since his departure.His appearance has forced him to accept a roll with which he initially fought: The girly boy. He did this by trying to be one of the guys the best he could earning the nickname "All In" by completing the soldiers training in his village, then pissing the combat elder off so bad he wasn't allowed to be a soldier. Willing to try anything once (Twice if it doesn't break something) he has always been viewed as brave and his eventual closeness to the females gave him a strong moral compass. When he gets turned on his femme demeanor switches and he becomes aggressive. Jo has long since embraced his feminine side, even going as far as learning to seduce men and women both. As a result he has bonded deeper with the womenfolk of his tribe, and has often been told that it would be easy for a woman who didn't know him to believe he was a woman. When he was younger, Jo was always slow to act. He always had to analyze everything he did so that it would appear as masculine as possible. Now he doesn't analyze his own actions rather than those of the people near him. He has also learned that no matter the environment he could easily find a way to use it to his advantage. As he grew he learned that the fastest way from point A to point B was often up and over, so he learned to jump and climb the many often changing obstacles a growing village offered. He was so fast getting through the village that he often found himself in the role of message delivery.

He had never even considered being Champion for his village until the "Option" was presented to him, and when he did finally mull over the idea it quickly became apparent to him that it was going to be fun. He could focus on the past and try and reap vengeance on War, or he could march into a new world, and who knows, maybe they have giant catapults already configured to launch girly boys such as himself far and high?

Writing Sample/Prologue
Jo braced himself against the g-force as the giant stone sling launched, driving him into the air. It felt as if he were flying for a short time: Then the pain. When he awoke in his parent's dugout with the familiar sensation of his fur bed beneath, he was able to guess at what had went wrong. The sling was counterbalanced against the weight of a boulder, not a girly-boy like himself. He was already anticipating his next go when he caught on to the voices speaking in the next room.

"His reckless behavior will put the village in danger!" A very annoying, however wise sounding voice said. He immediately identified it as War: The Elder of Combat.

"You can't lock him up for having fun!" His father's voice resounded. "Besides you're the one who took away his dream. That might have been the only constructive release he had."

"The grand elder will have the final word... At the trial!" War said, spitting out the last few words as if they were bad goat milk.

Jo stretched as he prepared to get up, the warm sun highlighting the extra skin exposed by his shirt catching between his arms and chest just as War walked past his room. The leather skinned old man seemed to do a double take, then walked out mumbling something about finding female companionship.

Ons/Offs
Ons: Beastiality, furry, bondage, bodily piercings, body modification, expansion, cumflation, sexual bulging, Incest, transformation, rape, impregnation/ pregnancy.

Offs: Pain, snuff, gore, vore, worms, scat, watersports.

Character Sheet: 

High Concept
Wildcard Ex-militant

Trouble
Fearless and reckless

Aspects
1. Feminine disarmament: Jo's extremely feminine appearance often misleads and disarms his opponents creating opportunities to strike, seduce, or flee.
3. Human: You remain human, with all the benefits and limitations that implies.

Approaches
Careful +3
Clever +2
Flashy +1
Forceful +2
Quick +1
Sneaky +0

Fate Points
Refresh 3

Stunts
Stunt 1: Careful
Because I am studiously aware, I get a +2 when I carefully defend against physical attacks in combat.

Stunt 2: Up, Over, and Away
Because of his experience in speedy travel through and over an ever changing obstacle course, Jo can easily lose someone pursuing him on foot over land and escape conflict once a session.
Some people simply can't handle the heat, me? I like to
play with fire. So what if I get burned, it's just another
scar to add to the collection.

Miroque

Sheet

High Concept: Acolyte of the Thrice Blessed Goddess.
Trouble: Speaking before thinking.
Other Aspects: "Good conquers all", "Goddess channels her magic through me.", "I am Pure Vessel"

Careful+1, Clever+2, Flashy+3, Forceful +1, Quick +2, Sneaky +0
Refresh: 3

Stunts:
"Pure power!" As I am vessel of the Goddess, I get +2 to Forceful, when channeling her magic against the corrupted.

Name
Acolyte Aishah Demel, of the Thrice Blessed Goddess

Build
Slender, with smallish breasts.

Height
5´2

Skin tone
Light

Hair color
Natural redhead, her hair is usually kept in ponytail, that reaches past her buttocks

Breast
B-Cup, yet they seem to be errect most of the time.

Appearance

Personality
Aishah has strong personal opinnions. She was taught to follow the doctrine of the Thrice blessed goddess to the core. And for that devotion, she was choosed as Champion againt the demonic hordes. She honors freedom and feminity, and hates opression and cruelty wiht burning passion. That has made her liked or disliked among nobles of her town, when she has voiced her mind.

Background
Aishah was born orphan and was raised in the monasteries of hte Thrice Blessed Goddess. From early on, she showd great promise on the academic studies of the clergy and that was pawed her raise among the ranks of acolytes. Despice her young age, she was choosed to accomppany an elder priestess, as her protegee, in the local court. There her social skills and keen perception earned her many perks, aswell as enemies. Nobles were not pleased to hear such oppinions from an mere acolyte, when she spoke her mind. That made her target to their less savory scheme. The Champion. Most nobles knew that when the Champion was send to the neatherworld, he or she would never come back and it was neat way to get rid of meddling heroes-to-be.

Few court nobles made arragements to have her appointed as Champion of the Kingdom. Something not even her superiors could take back, when they announced their vote.

Aishah did have no idea of that scheme, and was honored for the privilidge, to take up arms against the very forces, she had studied to fight against her whole life.

Writing Sample

Ons/Offs
I am open for anything, aslong as its storywise feasable. Story thrumps personal likes/dislikes, as isint that why we RP to beginning with? To test our limits.

eBadger

Quote from: SloppyJoe on April 08, 2015, 11:06:48 PM
Name: Jo Libhaft
Yay first application!  I'd like to see a bit more of his thoughts on being champion - is he vengeful?  Is he excited about the adventure?  Dutiful in serving in a new way?

Quote from: SloppyJoe on April 08, 2015, 11:06:48 PMStunts
Because I am studiously aware, I get a +2 when I carefully defend under any circumstance.

Because of his experience in speedy travel through and over an ever changing obstacle course, Jo can easily lose a pursuer and escape conflict once a session.
The first stunt definitely needs some adjustment: "any circumstance" is a no go.  Keep in mind that defending is a really broad statement: defending against seduction, defending against attempts to track him, defending against mental control, defending against ingested poison, defending against being cheated by a merchant or...well, very many things. 

I'll consider the second.  It's written correctly, but in the setting has the potential to be very powerful.  To start with, narrow it to "...can easily lose someone pursuing him on foot over land." 

Quote from: Miroque on April 08, 2015, 11:27:17 PM
Name
Acolyte Aishah Demel, of the Thrice Blessed Goddess

I love the concept, but a few adjustments:
-Please adjust your Aspects per the Character Creation Guide (second post)
-You need a writing sample (you probably already noticed that  ;) )
-As VonDoom mentioned in the Interest thread, this needs some serious editing.  I don't expect perfect grammar, but many of the mistakes are readily caught by a spell check and others I can't understand ("that was pawed her raise"?)

VonDoom

Name: Marissa
Sex: Female
Build: Slender
Height 5'7
Skin tone: fair
Hair color: black, shoulder-length
Breast size: small
Appearance

As Mebbeth's apprentice and one of the Champions chosen this turn, Marissa stands at about average height for a human female -- though not exactly short, she won't tower over others either. She is slim of build, her fair skin and jet-colored hair giving her a dainty look that belies her skill with a blade. Though her figure is clearly feminine -- and quite fetching, all things considered -- she is far from voluptuous and could likely cross-dress if she bound her handfuls and wore loose clothing. The problem with that proposition, however, is that her narrow-shaped face would easily give her away: between naturally red pert lips, her delicate lightly aquiline nose, the silky skin and soft cheeks that adorn her visage, no one would ever mistake her for the opposite gender.

Blue eyes, light to the point they almost look white in the right lighting, watch her surroundings with keen interest, holding a glint that often speaks of secrets known and quiet amusement. They are framed by dark eyelashes, with a small birthmark situated just under her left eye providing the finishing mark to her otherwise symmetrical face. Her brows, well-shaped but prominent due to the contrast between light skin and black hair, are thin and follow the curve of her eye, giving Marissa a mischievous look that turns all too easily into a light scowl.

Her hair is long and straight and reaches well past her shoulders, running down to her waist at the back and almost below the swell of her breasts on the front -- however, she wears it parted on her forehead, with a good portion -- to forelock --  cut short to just above her eyebrows so that the lustrous black doesn't interfere her vision under ordinary circumstances.

Though she rarely shows off, she moves with a lightness afforded to her by her fencing training and her body language suggests a level of confidence she rarely feels. Her voice is pleasant and light, though slightly roughened by a past tonsil infection -- it gives her a sultry edge when flirting and a tendency to cough when her throat is dry, but has left no other permanent marks.

Personality
Marissa is a young woman full of hope and curiosity. She has a mischievous side and prefers to solve problems with cunning and guile over brute force, though part of the reason for this may be her lack of confidence. She tries to hide it behind a brave front, but when faced with a threatening foe or difficult problem she will often question her own ability to deal with it/them.

This problem finds it root in her rare arcane abilities. They manifested at an early age and marked her an outsider, as unwanted -- despite trying to take a positive attitude, she could easily have turned into a recluse if not for the wise woman who took her in. Under her tutelage Marissa reconnected with other people and began to form positive relationships, developed a strong sense of curiosity and interest in the wondrous and fantastic. She learned not to blame others for their ignorance, as well.

Now, years later, she looks forward to helping protect her village. Her skills are still very basic, but she is smart and keeps an open mind about the esoteric and strange and even knows how the basics of combat. She doesn't have any intimate knowledge of men (or women, for that matter), but she is well aware that her pretty face and smile can earn a favour or two.

She is kind and wants to help people, but is  often plagued by occasional nightmares that she secretly believes are a sign of things to come. She has resolved to learn and train even more since she was chosen, but worries that it won't be enough. That she is a bad choice for the role.

On the other hand, she is excited by the idea of going to another world, to have opportunities few else ever will and secretly hopes that it isn't quite the terrible hell-realm people think it is.

Background
Marissa grew up in a decently sized town - still somewhat rural, but already large enough to be considered a bustling settlement. She grew up with only her father to raise her -- the identity of her mother was never shared with her, though she strongly suspects that she might have been a witch or sorcerer. The spectre of war loomed on the horizon, however, and her father was called to duty when she was eight years old, never to return.

She had to steal or work to get food and she opted for the latter, doing light deliveries for various local shops and other simple tasks - between that and the loss of her only parent, she wasn't the most popular child. At one point, at the age of ten, she was teased by a number other children and at the height of emotion produced a flash of magical light -- ultimately harmless, but enough to scare a bunch of adolescents and very obvious.

Magic being incredibly rare to non-existent, it was usually considered evil by default and knowledge about it was practically nonexistent, more superstition than anything else. Marissa was quickly ostracized as a result. Turning to begging and food theft, she likely would have ended up in a far worse place if she had not been approached by a kindly wise-woman named Mebbeth. Though she appeared to be a producer of poultices and expert at hearth wisdom-type of things, she actually was one of the very few skilled practitioners of the secret arts. Of magic.

She taught Marissa for years, taught her many things except the one she wanted to learn most of all, her arcane skill. She always deflected questions, saying that she wasn't ready, that the time wasn't right.

Mebbeth knew of the sacrificial true nature of the 'Champion' sent forth and realized all too soon that if she remained here, the choice would fall on Marissa. It would be convenient: the city council would have their protection from demonic invasion and be rid of someone unwanted.

But Mebbeth didn't send Marissa away. Instead she made certain to give her a holistic education, to ensure she would keep an open mind and see beyond the obvious, to respect gods and god-like entities without blindly relying on them and much more, even hiring a trainer to teach her the modicum of martial skill she would need to get by in a hostile world.

Her true reasons for preparing her yet withholding lessons in sorcery and true witchcraft are her own. Perhaps she feared Marissa's potential, perhaps she wanted to protect her … or to more sinister ends, she might have thought to use the girl -- perhaps she orchestrated the choosing of her as a Champion. Perhaps she is her mother! ('Nooooo, that's not true, that's impossible!') Perhaps she is an agent for the demons and foresees Marissa becoming a great tool for evil. Or a combination of the above. The truth remains to be seen.

Writing Sample/Prologue

Appearance

The wise woman's apprentice was wearing proper traveling clothes. Leather boots, green pants with a dagger strapped to each leg, a caramel shirt -- her small breasts were bound with straps of cloth for added comfort. Around her shoulders rested a cloak, dark brown in color. A gift from Mebbeth that was practical if perhaps not fashionable. On her belt was a short sword and a pouch with some necessities that included: an old set of lockpicks she had somehow gotten her hands on as a child, a few shiny coins, some healing herbs and two pieces of candy.

In her backpack, she further carried a rope, dry rations that might last her a few short days, a waterskin, some mapping tools and a small effigy that was part of the ritual. Supposedly it identified her as the proper Champion.

As Marissa stood upon the wooden stage, the eyes of hundreds of citizens upon her, she swallowed nervously. Before her shimmered the portal to another dimension, a phantasmal image of another place hanging in the air, gleefully defying the laws of nature. The young woman glanced back towards the head priest, a pompous man who was currently intoning a grand speech that she didn't really care to listen to. Something about the gods, surely, that she had long abandoned in her thoughts. She shifted her gaze around to seek out the woman who had prepared her for this, who had taken her in and raised her when no one else would -- but Mebbeth was nowhere to be found, a single old woman lost amidst the crowd. She recognized some faces - the stable boy whose affections she had spurned, a red-nosed merchant from whom she had often bought cooking supplies, but none of them seemed sad to see her go.

Many were well into their glasses at this point, drunkenly singing and shouting, others were praying, but ultimately most looked relieved -- relieved to be rid of her, the 'demonspawn', the 'sorceress'. Marissa briefly considered that she, too, should be relieved to be rid of this town, though a more sarcastic part of her mind wondered if it wasn't rather foolish on their part to send a supposed 'demonspawn' off to fight demons on their behalf. For all they knew, she might come right back with an army of monsters behind her.

That notion was of course silly. Marissa could hardly blame the people for being afraid -- the incident had riled up many old superstitions and she herself had little understanding of the power that seemed to slumber inside her.

As the priest finished and bid her to step forward into the portal, Marissa thought back and tried to think of any opportunities to escape she might have missed, but it ultimately was a futile endeavor so she opted to give one last spiteful look to the balding man, and stepped into the translucent image.

Ons/Offs
Spoilered because of size and detail. In no particular order, though particular favorites are bold.
Detailed List

Liked Creature Encounters

Assume all critters that are more on the furry end of things to have been 'de-furred' and imagined on my end with human-like faces.
Demons (all manner thereof but mostly succubi and ominibi)
Drider/Arachne
Minotaurs/Cowgirls
Tentacle beasts

Slime Girls
Shark Girls
Anemone
Naga
Sand Witches
Salamander/Dragon
Centaurs
Insect people

Transformation Preferences

While I don't mind playing around a bit, I ultimately prefer character transformation to run along a certain theme -- the goblin's pointed ears, shark teeth and sand trap's perfectly black eyes go well with a Succubus transformation, but a Succubus with a bee-stringer, cat-ears and spider legs coming from her back is just weird.

While I'm a huge fan of cowgirl transformations, for Marissa, my main interest lies in taking demonic (or demon-appropriate) transformation aspects (appearance aspects, not Aspects) and of course becoming a futa. When if she goes evil, she could totally keep herself a nice stable of cowgirls, but that's besides the point.

Fetishes

Unless otherwise noted, both receiving and giving when appropriate.
Corruption (the bread and butter for this game - turning evil, selfish, power-hungry and aggressively dominant, ideally to the point of taking the place of/taking over former opposition)
Transformation (the honey on top of said bread and butter)
Futanari (not every girl ever should sport a cock, but it's nice to have a sizable selection)
Corruptive Parasites (NOT the ones already in the game, those are pretty squicky, but in general)
Non-consent/dubious consent
Bondage (light)
Piercings (nipples, clit)
Tattoos (artistic, no taglines)
Enslavement
Full Feminization (manly man turning into a voluptuous woman - it's hot, though not applicable to my character since I'll play a female ... well, to begin with, anyway.)
Lovey-dovey lesbian/futa SM relationships (is that a fetish of its own? I like them a lot, so eh. Let's say it is.)
Arousal Control
Oviposition (ideally from driders with a bit of webbing-bondage thrown in)
Cum Addiction (druggy minotaur cum, or perhaps psychological)
Lactation (to the point of needing to be milked with a bit of cow transformation thrown in)
Pregnancy (accelerated)
Being in heat (if appropriate transformations are involved)
Hypnosis/Mind Control (implanting certain orders/ideas/fetishes rather than full puppetry)
Bimbofication (with an opt-out for it not to be permanent)
Horse cock (previously an off, lately … kind of an on after a certain other CoC game. Taking, not having.)

Offs

Anthro/furry (Snouts, paws, etc. Animal features on mostly human faces such as fangs, insect eyes or shark teeth are fine as long as they have a mouth and a nose.)
Multiple sex organs (a pair of cocks are fine, but any more than that is a bit much. Also not a fan of multiple sets of breasts or vaginas.)
Extreme proportions (big is good, but there is such a thing as too much. If a set of breasts is so big it would literally break your spine or a cock could actually be used to skewer someone, it's too much.)
Inflation.
Weird nipples (having cow-teats on a cowgirl is great, but when they start to turn into cocks or lips or become fuckable, that's really not my thing.)
Just to restate, because I listed them as an off in my on-list comments: the dick-worm colony. Just no.

Character Sheet: 

High Concept
Studious Witch Apprentice
Trouble
Curiosity killed corrupted the cat
Aspects
Unharnessed Magic Potential
Human
Approaches
Careful+2
Clever+3
Flashy+1
Forceful+0
Quick +2
Sneaky +1

Fate Points
3 Refresh

Stunts
Innate Magic: Because Marissa is able to produce arcane light from her hands, she can illuminate her surroundings or temporarily blind sight-based foes near her once per chapter in order to escape.

Herbal Lore: Because Marissa knows herbal lore, once per chapter she may declare that she finds a plant-based item with beneficial effects. She may alternatively choose a specific plant if she knows of it and they are native to the area.

Creative Combatant: Because Marissa is a creative combatant, she gains a +2 bonus to Cleverly create an advantage in combat.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

VonDoom

I had originally suggested to tie Stunts that are limited in use into the Milestone system, since that's also a variable built-in way to declare certain 'end' points, whether minor or major. I just wanted to elaborate a bit on it and see if it might suit you, eBadger.

If using Milestones, one could in theory also introduce more broad/effective Stunts that can only be used rarely. Say, if it was an Avatar: the Last Airbender game, the Avatar might have:

'Avatar State, yip, yip!' - Because I am the bridge between worlds and can enter the powerful Avatar state, once per Major Milestone, I can wipe away all opposition.

Of course, this sort of thing only implies 'all opposition currently present at the scene' and is a card that would definitely need permission from the GM to pull out -- sometimes it's just not appropriate and won't end things in a satisfactory way if you pull an Avatar Ex Machina.

And it's probably not the sort of super-powerful stunt we want for our game even if it only happens once in a blue moon, but I was exaggerating it a bit on purpose.

O&O

Zaer Darkwail

Voice interest to join, but do not have time type a char sheet just now (in library).

eBadger

Quote from: VonDoom on April 09, 2015, 05:09:21 AMIf using Milestones, one could in theory also introduce more broad/effective Stunts that can only be used rarely. Say, if it was an Avatar: the Last Airbender game, the Avatar might have:

My concern is two fold: first, at the rate of progress in a PBP an ability like that would only be used once every few months, which could become very frustrating to the player; and secondly, when it is used it's likely to tear through an entire scene, most likely a critical/challenging one (because, after all, that's when you use those abilities), which takes away others' opportunity to shine and leaves the game at a bit of an anti-climax.  The awesome boss fight shouldn't be over in one or two posts!

That said, if anyone has something in mind I'm always open to discussing stuff and seeing if we can make it work!

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 09, 2015, 06:42:36 AM
Voice interest to join, but do not have time type a char sheet just now (in library).

Sweet!  I look forward to it!

VonDoom

In retrospect, the example probably wasn't a great one ... unless you are actually playing Avatar and that's something you account for. Though yeah, the awesome boss fight definitely shouldn't be bypassed by something like that -- that's something you might do to pull a last minute turnover after losing the boss fight, maybe. Lowest point unlocking the greatest power and all that. Ultra-rare stunts are probably not that great or fun, thinking about it again, especially if even a chapter likely takes around 4 weeks real time.

Ultimately, the 'once per chapter' seems to largely mirror the 'minor milestone' description (which, of course, also implies that if it's once per minor, a significant or major also resets the counter), I guess that's why I wanted to suggest and expand on it again -- the concept is already packed into the game, basically, so I figure there's no need to add extra terminology.

---
Also, I mentioned my interest in a bonded demonic sword for Marissa -- I was thinking that gaining it would convert her 'Unharnessed Magic Potential' Aspect, allowing her to draw it forth through the focus lens of the weapon.

O&O

eBadger

Quote from: VonDoom on April 09, 2015, 10:22:12 AMUltra-rare stunts are probably not that great or fun, thinking about it again, especially if even a chapter likely takes around 4 weeks real time.
They could work.  "Because I am the Caliphate of the Blue Riders, once per major milestone a few Blue Dervishes will assist me for a scene."  It may be a while between appearances of your scimitar-wielding allies, but they'll stick around for a bit when they do show up and won't suddenly and massively overbalance the encounter. 

Possibly I should stick to the exact FAE language, but I mistrust converting tabletop language right to PBP without some interpretation.  But for anyone concerned, here's a great example of a Chapter.  The crew of an airship encounter a storm and problems mount, which they discover to be a few gremlins at work: they quickly rout them and start to repair the damage.  Two pages, 32 posts of 3-5 paragraphs; it took 5 weeks because it trailed off into inactivity at the end, but could have easily been completed within 2-3 weeks at the suggested minimum 2 posts per character per week pace.  Daily posts would have sorted it out in less than a week. 

Quote from: VonDoom on April 09, 2015, 10:22:12 AMAlso, I mentioned my interest in a bonded demonic sword for Marissa -- I was thinking that gaining it would convert her 'Unharnessed Magic Potential' Aspect, allowing her to draw it forth through the focus lens of the weapon.

I intend for aspects and stunts to be in flux, just as FAE intends, both as you guys choose (you feel your character has changed or matured), as we communally agree (your loot includes a neat sword which we work to incorporate into your character), and as things happen to your character (the evening with the imp girls gets a bit out of control and you wake up not quite human).  The latter two would not count against your minor milestone advancements. 

Zaer Darkwail

Character Description:

Name: Victor Blade
Sex: Male
Build: Toned lean build
Height: 5'4'ft
Skin tone: Pale
Hair color: White, shoulder long
Cock size: Above average, circumcised

Personality

Victor Blade is highly determined and strong willed, he holds strong resentment for demons and
those who embrace corruption. He detests it as he does detest demons which he hate with deep
seething hatred. However besides his hatred, he is very compassionate and he is hopeful if bit grim
at times. He is courageous and also honorable to fault. He is confident, at times over confident.

Background

Victor Blade was born to commoners in the kingdom of Mistra, his father was a farmer and mother a
herbalist but she ceased running her shop once Victor was born and his little sister as well. So she was
homemaker mother who devoted everything for her family. As usual the kingdom looked for champions
first amongst married men who had children....his father was selected. However father was important
for future for the children as he ran the farm and kept family fed, also Victor was old enough run house
chores and take care of his sister. So mother volunteered and took father's place instead to be send
as 'champion' to demon dimension.

Mother was viewed as heroic martyr as none champions had ever returned from demon infested
dimension....and then Victor grew hatred for the demons who's threat to his home kingdom forces
them send champions to try stop it! So he soon ceased studying become farmer....instead study
warrior and soldier craft and also become devout follower in local church to harness his inner purity
and high morals extreme by various sermons and reading bible. Many thought he becomes a knight,
a crusader champion of the church, but instead in age of 20 he volunteered to be champion to be
send out into demonic world, eight years after his mother was send in. It shocked his father and
little sister, but he was determined to start and make the journey.....find mother and find way to
eliminate demonic threat once and for all.

Prologue

Victor rises from prayer in front of goddess statue, church was quiet as it usually is at late evening.
The evening ball rang couple hours ago which is signal for men in fields return home. He turns and
sees father Marius, his mentor figure in ways of god and maintain purity in one self and help harness
will against temptation, best as he can provide in humble village church. He looks stern, but also
worried in his eyes as he says; "Your sure about this? Is your faith strong enough
to succeed where others failed before you?"

Victor looks with his steel grey hard eyes on Marius warm brown eyes through few strands of white
hair covering his face as he replies; "Yes, I am sure. I will find my mother and find
way to end demonic invasion and return home father Marius."
Father Marius sighs deeply
and says; "I would never had taken you study in my church if I had known what for I
was preparing you....your family had lost a mother already. But now your father has lost both a son
and a mother."
Victor grits his teeth and says angrily; "And me do what? Just forget my mother?!"

Father Marius shakes his head and quickly replies; "No, no...remember her....honor her...but
I am not sure she would had wished you to follow her. She went so you and your sister have good future while
your father provided for you both."
Victor snorts and says; "Indeed he did, he did not speak,
laugh nor smile, when mother was gone. He stayed late in tavern, drinking until came so late and thinking no
one in home was wake hear his stumbling....but I always waited and every night I heard stumbling....heard him
crying and calling for my mother in his sleep. He had no means to love me nor my sister...."
immense pain
goes through Victor on memories which hardened his resolve, then once emotion was gone all left was hard will
as he looked father Marius again to the eyes as he says; "I go not just myself, but all others so
they would not need suffer as my family has."

Father Marius sighs and gives his final blessings, Victor did not go visit his home. Not even sister knew what he
was planning but father did, at first he had raged and attempted beat Victor and break his legs so he never
leave in time....but he had failed as Victor had beaten him down. Years of drinking had slugged father's reflexes.
So Victor went to demon gate, where he is expected. His father, sitting outside tavern on the porch in a chair
watched him ride out of the village. Raising half-filled mug into a toast and said; "Okay my son,
may goddess bless you. I probably never see you again.....but give demons good whacking before you fall."

Father then drinks and forgets disappearing figure of his son for until dawn where he then thinks some fancy
story to tell for little sister where her dear big brother went to....

CoC Ons/Offs

Ons

Demons (all manner thereof but mostly succubi)
Drider/Arachne
Furry
Minotaurs/Cowgirls/Tentacle beasts
Slime Girls
Shark Girls
Naga
Sand Witches
Salamander/Dragon
Centaurs
Insect people
Fetishes

Unless otherwise noted, both receiving and giving when appropriate.
Corruption (the point for this game - turning evil, selfish, power-hungry and aggressively dominant,
ideally to the point of taking the place of/taking over former opposition)
Transformation (love with combination of above)

Futanari (not every girl ever should sport a cock, but it's nice to have a varied selection)
Non-consent/dubious consent
Bondage (light)
Piercings (nipples, clit)
Tattoos (artistic, no taglines)
Enslavement (not receiving but giving)
Full Feminization (manly man turning into a voluptuous woman - not receiving end but inflict to someone)
Arousal Control
Oviposition (giving than receiving)
Cum Addiction (from futas only receiving, otherwise giving)
Hypnosis/Mind Control (implanting certain orders/ideas/fetishes rather than full puppetry)
Offs

Multiple sex organs (no fan of multiple breasts, vaginas or cocks, two cocks + tail is absolute limit, if not count tentacles)
Extreme proportions (big is good, but there is such a thing as too much.)
Weird nipples (having cow-teats on a cowgirl is great, but when they start to turn into cocks or lips, it goes to off then.)

Character Sheet:

High Concept: Crusading seeker
Trouble: "My hatred for corruption and demons makes me self-righteous!"
Aspects

• Human: You remain human, with all the benefits and limitations that implies.
  • Iron Will: I have determination to succeed and accomplish a task where others would falter in devotion.
  • (blank):
Approaches
Careful +1
Clever +1
Flashy +2
Forceful +3
Quick +2
Sneaky +0

Fate Points: 3
Refresh: 2
Stunts

• Anger: Because through anger I find strength, from strength I gain power and through power I overcome opposition, I get +2 when I forcefully attack when I'm angry.
  • Master Swordsman: Because I have trained for years in swordcraft, I get +2 when I flashily attack when using my sword.
  • Quick Reflex: Because my combat training included intense preparation for sudden attacks, I get +2 when I quickly defend when I'm ambushed. 
  • Unyielding: Because I shall not kneel nor surrender, accept failure nor defeat, once per chapter I can ignore a taken out result and clear out my stress boxes.

eBadger

Stunts are definitely the hardest bit about the system, but please stick to the format given:

Stunts

• Anger: Because through anger I find strength, from strength I gain power and through power I overcome opposition, I get +2 when I forcefully attack when I'm angry.
  • Master Swordsman: Because I have trained for years in swordcraft, I get +2 when I flashily attack when using my sword
  • Quick Reflex: Because my combat training included intense preparation for sudden attacks, I get +2 when I quickly defend when I'm ambushed
  • Unyielding: Because I shall not kneel nor surrender, accept failure nor defeat, once per chapter I can ignore a taken out result and both myself and my opponent re-roll the action. 

The red indicate more significant adjustments, although I tried to keep in the spirit of your intent.  But being a master swordsman won't, for instance, allow you to destroy the cheating pawnshop owner's reputation by staging an impromptu satirical play in three acts with rhyming couplets and a memorable pie-throwing scene. 

For the last one, I limited it to the action since re-doing an entire encounter would derail the adventure. 

. . . . .

Just so everyone is clear (since I'm seeing a heavy focus on it in stunts): Hacking each other apart with your sword is not going to be a solution to every encounter like it is in the game.  One of the reasons I liked the FAE system for this is that someone who approaches an enemy with trickery, charm or stealth can win over force.  A minotaur bull with a massive axe, for instance, might be more susceptible to the enticement of pleasuring himself while you perform an exotic dance (a flashy attack against his clever) than being met toe to toe with a blade (a forceful attack against his forceful) - and your non-material gains from the encounter would undoubtedly be improved as well. 

Also, to reflect the world and the themes we're aiming at, I'm going to (at least to start off with as a test) have a constantly-available mini-boost for encounters:  Sexy +1.  This means that anything you do in a sexy, perverted, lustful, kinky, seductive sort of way will get an automatic +1.  Since it's kind of hard to make butchery sexy...well, you get the idea. 

VonDoom

Hmm. I think he meant 'get another chance at the challenge' rather than undoing it, pretty much how you phrased it. The unyielding hero getting up again despite getting the tar beaten out of him and fighting again with renewed vigor.

Another way to handle it could be to spontaneously clear out a stress box ... that way it could be used to prevent that fatal hit being a take out with no need to redo it.

Fiddling a bit more with Marissa's entries and working on that writing sample.

O&O

SloppyJoe

QuoteYay first application!  I'd like to see a bit more of his thoughts on being champion - is he vengeful?  Is he excited about the adventure?  Dutiful in serving in a new way?

He had never even considered being Champion for his village until the "Option" was presented to him, and when he did finally mull over the idea it quickly became apparent to him that it was going to be fun. He could focus on the past and try and reap vengeance on War, or he could march into a new world, and who knows, maybe they have giant catapults already configured to launch girly boys such as himself far and high?

QuoteThe first stunt definitely needs some adjustment: "any circumstance" is a no go.  Keep in mind that defending is a really broad statement: defending against seduction, defending against attempts to track him, defending against mental control, defending against ingested poison, defending against being cheated by a merchant or...well, very many things. 

I'll consider the second.  It's written correctly, but in the setting has the potential to be very powerful.  To start with, narrow it to "...can easily lose someone pursuing him on foot over land."

Stunts

Because I am studiously aware, I get a +2 when I carefully defend against physical attacks in combat.

Because of his experience in speedy travel through and over an ever changing obstacle course, Jo can easily lose someone pursuing him on foot over land and escape conflict once a session.
Some people simply can't handle the heat, me? I like to
play with fire. So what if I get burned, it's just another
scar to add to the collection.

VonDoom

Adjusted my application. Some minor edits, a writing sample and a new bit about transformations in my on/off list.

O&O

eBadger

Quote from: VonDoom on April 10, 2015, 04:20:10 AM
Adjusted my application. Some minor edits, a writing sample and a new bit about transformations in my on/off list.

I tend to agree with your notion; a bit of mash up isn't all bad (a cat-girl succubus, a goo-boy minotaur) the randomizing of parts could get a bit out of control. 

VonDoom

O&O

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: VonDoom on April 10, 2015, 03:38:10 AM
Hmm. I think he meant 'get another chance at the challenge' rather than undoing it, pretty much how you phrased it. The unyielding hero getting up again despite getting the tar beaten out of him and fighting again with renewed vigor.

Another way to handle it could be to spontaneously clear out a stress box ... that way it could be used to prevent that fatal hit being a take out with no need to redo it.

Yeah, that was the point; clear out stress box and able 'get up and fight again' once per story than just 'time warp' backwards. It's like foe gets knock out on my char and is about win....but my char knocks himself out from being unconscious, still beaten/bruised, but still get up and try to win. But it's not just physical combat; it can apply other situations as well. It's 'I renew myself with guts alone' sort stunt. Like example he tries lift boulder but he fails/get stress box full or such, but he then clears it and then retries the challenge.

Anycase with comments in mind that all is not resolved with combat I may change one my stunts then (master swordsman) to something else.

VonDoom

It may be a bit early at this point, but I just wanted to note that once the character selection has been made, I'm definitely up for compatible character backgrounds (if any exist) to be tied together with Marissa somehow.

Quote from: VonDoom on April 10, 2015, 04:29:45 AM
... disagree on the gootaur.  :P

I am absolutely in favor of minotaur with crane wings and octopus tentacles, though.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

;D ;D

O&O

eBadger

I love that his comments sort of imply that if it weren't for the tentacles that would be a completely banal situation. 

What if it were a minotaur with GOO tentacles?  Like, a giant musky bondage rapey squirmy jello monster?

Meh.  You're probably safe.  Finding a picture of that would be difficult. 

VonDoom

It's Ranma. Of course that's a completely banal situation.  ;D

... though I think that's his female form, so 'she'.  ;D

O&O

eBadger

I just revealed my utter lack of anime cred, didn't I?  I have the Akira soundtrack!  Ghost in the Shell!  Other...stuff...Battle Angel...quitting while behind. 

Google search on it was interesting.  I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm pretty sure it would apply to this game. 

Zaer Darkwail

That's fan art I think. Anycase eBadger, okay with that unyielding is once per session clearing the stress boxes stunt?

VonDoom

Quote from: eBadger on April 10, 2015, 01:31:00 PM
I just revealed my utter lack of anime cred, didn't I?  I have the Akira soundtrack!  Ghost in the Shell!  Other...stuff...Battle Angel...quitting while behind. 

Google search on it was interesting.  I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm pretty sure it would apply to this game.

Ranma is about as old as any of those.  ;D But yeah, that's fanart. Ranma is a humorous martial arts thing about a boy who fell into the Spring of Drowned Girl (becomes a girl when hit by cold water, becomes a guy again through hot water) and the arranged marriage-engagement with a hot-tempered tomboy his decidedly greedy and incompetent father forced him into. His father fell into the Spring of Drowned Panda, while we're at it.  >:)

O&O