News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Aaron Divine on April 26, 2012, 04:26:36 PM
I assume most of you, if not all, play on the North American server?

There is another?  I've been in a group where I couldn't understand what was going on due to the other guys being from Brazil. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Aaron Divine

There is a Europe Western server, Europe Eastern and Nordic server, SEA (which is Asia) and the Korean server. And of course, the North American server.

You have to create a new account to join another server, though. And beware of your pings.

I'm kind of good at this game, or at least, I play with a lot of known professional League of Legends players.

SinXAzgard21

I don't play with other players offten, Goldie just doesn't want to deal with the asshole world of LoL.  If we do play with other players, we need to have it be friends.

Aaron Divine

I like to mix it up from time to time. But mostly I just play with some RL friends over Skype and hilarity will ensue on most games.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Aaron Divine on April 26, 2012, 04:36:27 PM
I like to mix it up from time to time. But mostly I just play with some RL friends over Skype and hilarity will ensue on most games.

Yeah playing with friends is more ideal than other people, I'm also learning 4 characters currently so and I'm also under level 30.

Aaron Divine

I have an account on level 30 on EU with over 450 wins.

And an account on NA on lvl 25ish, with around 80 wins or something similar.

The Golden Touch

Yeah... The assholes. Fuck that. Serious trolls are serious. ;3

I only know Ashe and Morgana right now, but honestly I want to get Fortune.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Aiden

LoL surprisingly has little trolls (compared to other games)

I think the tribunal has something to do with that which is a system I rather appreciate.

SinXAzgard21

Me and goldie are about to run a bot game so if you wall want to come play you are more than welcome to add us... My summoner name is Callax and hers is Breidaia.

Revelation

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 26, 2012, 04:23:26 PM
I do that with support Taric, dude 32 assists is fucking insane.  I love Udyr, he is my gold giving puppet when I play Olaf. ^^.  I love taking a lane with Riven as Rammus if the person can play  the champ... I've only fought against Graves once so I can't say either way about him.

Graves is a fantastic AD carry, probably one of the best in the game. early levels he's more or less an AD caster where you try to dash in and buckshot an enemy in the face, bullying them out of the lane or killing them. Once he gets some items he quickly becomes the Carry he should be however, able to stand some abuse in a team fight thogh you still want good positioning and to not get focus fired. He works well with every support as well in bottom lane.

Life in Color

I know that I'm new around here (I haven't even gotten approved, yet).

I play League nightly, at least 1 game a night. I usually play support in the bottom lane. Sona's my favorite, I've been playing here for over a year now, but I play other supports, too.

I recently finished buying the rune setup for Akali, and Akali herself, so I hope to get some games in soon to get silly good with her.

Feel free to add me on LoL! My summoner name is: Imrielle. :]

Shjade

Quote from: Aiden on April 26, 2012, 05:03:16 PM
LoL surprisingly has little trolls (compared to other games)

Never have I seen a more false statement than this. Truly it is the definition of wrong, the epitome thereof by which all other wrongness must be measured.

@Aaron: dang, I'd see about hitting you up for a scrim to see just how bad I really am, but I've tried playing on the EU servers and I end up with like 2 second ping. It's impossible. x.x
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

I just got Alistar from the youtube subscribe.....  I like him minus the fact that his cool downs are long as hell.

Aaron Divine

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 26, 2012, 06:15:09 PM
Graves is a fantastic AD carry, probably one of the best in the game. early levels he's more or less an AD caster where you try to dash in and buckshot an enemy in the face, bullying them out of the lane or killing them. Once he gets some items he quickly becomes the Carry he should be however, able to stand some abuse in a team fight thogh you still want good positioning and to not get focus fired. He works well with every support as well in bottom lane.

Graves is fairly strong, however, his late game isn't as great as that of Vayne or Kog'Maw. As well as his early and mid game not being that great in comparison to Corki.

He's kind of a all-round champion that is good at all stages in the game, but doesn't excel any.

Kog'Maw is probably the strongest right now. His early game is okay, and after level 6 he kind of dominates his lane pretty easily due to his harass. And after a few items, he can literally melt the enemy pretty easily.

Quote from: Shjade on April 26, 2012, 11:51:44 PM
Never have I seen a more false statement than this. Truly it is the definition of wrong, the epitome thereof by which all other wrongness must be measured.

@Aaron: dang, I'd see about hitting you up for a scrim to see just how bad I really am, but I've tried playing on the EU servers and I end up with like 2 second ping. It's impossible. x.x

I can join up NA, it is no problem, just PM me your nickname there and I'll add ya.

Life in Color

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 27, 2012, 01:45:09 AM
I just got Alistar from the youtube subscribe.....  I like him minus the fact that his cool downs are long as hell.

His lane sustain is redonkulous.

Aaron Divine

I like Alistar.

I play him as a jungler and kind of get around 7 kills before 10 minutes, for either me or my team mates. He's not the best jungler, but his ganking is amazing.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Aaron Divine on April 27, 2012, 02:22:09 AM
I like Alistar.

I play him as a jungler and kind of get around 7 kills before 10 minutes, for either me or my team mates. He's not the best jungler, but his ganking is amazing.

I saw someone build a crit'star and jungling... Dude pulled about 9-12 kills... Don't fully remember.

Aaron Divine

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 27, 2012, 02:28:18 AM
I saw someone build a crit'star and jungling... Dude pulled about 9-12 kills... Don't fully remember.

Crit isn't that strong. If you slap some AP on him with a sheen into either a Lich Bane or a Trinity Force, that guy does so much burst.

Thing is with Alistar, he does a lot of damage early on and people underestimate that. His CC will render you useless for at least 2 full seconds (without considering you have to walk away etc.). In this time you and the lane will probably already have destroyed him, as Alistar will take half of one's HP early on fairly easily.

SinXAzgard21

I will give him a try with a Lich Bane.... 

Aaron Divine

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 27, 2012, 02:51:37 AM
I will give him a try with a Lich Bane....

A Trinity force works better when jungling, since you can buy smaller items, instead of saving up for one big one. I like to start off with a sheen and then a phage to get some tankyness in. Also don't forget to buy a Heart of Gold and a Philosopher's stone before the sheen and after boots. This is because as a jungler you don't have a big gold income as the laners, so to keep up, it's advised to buy some items that give you more gold over time.

With that, I'm turning geek mode off and getting back to work.

SinXAzgard21

I'll give it a shot, thanks for the info.

Revelation

Quote from: Aaron Divine on April 27, 2012, 01:58:38 AM
Graves is fairly strong, however, his late game isn't as great as that of Vayne or Kog'Maw. As well as his early and mid game not being that great in comparison to Corki.

He's kind of a all-round champion that is good at all stages in the game, but doesn't excel any.

Kog'Maw is probably the strongest right now. His early game is okay, and after level 6 he kind of dominates his lane pretty easily due to his harass. And after a few items, he can literally melt the enemy pretty easily.

I did say one of the strongest. Not The strongest. :) A champion who's good at all stages of the game. I honestly think Vaynes late game is kind of overblown really. She has a pathetic early game and is still fragile through the entire game. A semi low range as well, without the protection that Graves or other shorter range AD carries have. She can be good, but I just don't see her really bad early game always making up for her late game. Theres not much to dispute about Koggles though, the little barf master basically destroys any lane he's in once he gets BAB leveled.

Also as far as lich bane goes for any item... Never rush it for your first item, like ever. Get it after you get some big AP items - The bonus from upgrading sheen to Lich Bane is woefully cost inefficient until you have around 2x AP in comparison to your base, unaltered by items/skills AD.

Samael

I tried Shen out.
My god, where has he been all my life?
I'm jungling with him, and he's absolutely awesome.
...of course then I get a team where a top fiora goes 4/13/2, and I have an AD lulu and AD Kayle bot, who refuse to buy wards, and we lose anyway...
This game...
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Shjade

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 27, 2012, 03:57:45 AM
I honestly think Vaynes late game is kind of overblown really. She has a pathetic early game and is still fragile through the entire game. A semi low range as well, without the protection that Graves or other shorter range AD carries have. She can be good, but I just don't see her really bad early game always making up for her late game.

No one has ever claimed Vayne is sturdy or long-range. The reason Vayne's late game carries so hard is 1) massive burst damage for an AD carry, 2) a portion of that is true damage based on the target's health, meaning she cuts through tanks other carries struggle to kill once they're built up with heaps of health and armor (or, in Kog's case, health and MR), and 3) she's highly maneuverable and almost impossible to outrun.

Vayne explodes almost immediately if you catch her out of position, yes, but she can and will kill just about anyone she catches within a few seconds in the end game. The other carries get very dangerous, but you usually can at least try to fight them. Not so much with Vayne - if she gets the drop on you, you're just kinda boned.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Revelation

Quote from: Shjade on April 27, 2012, 02:39:30 PM
No one has ever claimed Vayne is sturdy or long-range. The reason Vayne's late game carries so hard is 1) massive burst damage for an AD carry, 2) a portion of that is true damage based on the target's health, meaning she cuts through tanks other carries struggle to kill once they're built up with heaps of health and armor (or, in Kog's case, health and MR), and 3) she's highly maneuverable and almost impossible to outrun.

Vayne explodes almost immediately if you catch her out of position, yes, but she can and will kill just about anyone she catches within a few seconds in the end game. The other carries get very dangerous, but you usually can at least try to fight them. Not so much with Vayne - if she gets the drop on you, you're just kinda boned.

I'm not saying anyone did either ;) I just feel those are problems she does have. Sure she does good burst damage, but she's not the only carry who can do that.  Vayne vs. Graves is naturally a matter of personal opinion. I just like Graves because he's strong through the entire game without having to really suffer for it. I prefer carries like that, (Corki is another one I think who's great all game) as compared to characters in extremes. Its why I dislike Vayne, Koggles, Caitlyn, etc. They excel at different parts of the game, but they suffer during the other portions and thats not a lot of fun... Though Caits weakness is late game.