I am a dork sue me sci fi game!

Started by Thesunmaid, February 17, 2013, 02:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesunmaid

Well as a little girl me and my dad would bond over our love of all things trek. I used to watch original star trek as a kid on Saturday mornings with my dad. The routine was get up he would make us breakfast and we would watch star trek the original. . and then the next gen came out and I was over the moon. I loved Levar Burton from reading rainbow...you got to see an android and a Klingon...and plus Captain Picard.(and yes I admit it...huge crush on Patrick Stewart..its the voice and accent i think)..is the man.We also enjoyed Dr who..come on time traveling in a phone booth..sorta awesome. But Star trek has consistently kept my interest although I admit..sorry just didn't like enterprise. The characters didn't mesh well enough for my liking.

So my game is what star trek or hell why not because I am a sci fi geek any scifi race would you be and why?

Me personally...although I am not really a fist fighter type I think I would be either a Klingon because when you get me pissed off watch out.I have no problem speaking my mind and if i could get over my whole thinking violence is not the answer all the time I would make a kick ass Klingon lady. Bring me my bat'leth!

Or a betazoid because once i get to know people i can pick up on their thoughts and emotions pretty easily and some people have in the past found it creepy...but as well personally I hope when i am an old lady I can be half as confident as Lwaxana Troi.Plus shes not bad looking for a woman her age. lol(but maybe a wee bit less interferey in my kids lives lol)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Violence

Starting strictly Star Trek (because I adore alliteration)...

I always thought it would be awesome to date a Bajoran, but I'm not sure I want to be one.  I find their spirituality and passion enthralling.  I'm enchanted by their culture and their spirit more than any of the other races in Trek.  But were I one of them, I think all that stuff would just be normal to me... and sitting and talking about the Prophecies would lose some of the captivation it holds over me.

Which I guess is a very orientalist way of looking at it... to say that I'm only enthralled by them as an "other".

Vulcans, also.  I'd love to get to understand their culture from the inside.  It's been said that Vulcans are actually the most passionate race in the quadrant and that their philosophy of logic is deceptive.  It's not that they don't have emotions, rather that they choose not to live their lives guided by those emotions.  But I don't think I could live like that.

I think I'd have to go with a Cardassian from Trek.  Again, I find their culture fascinating, but this time thin I'd actually be comfortable living in it.  The priority they put on loyalty is appealing.  We usually only see it as loyalty to the State, but we've seen it demonstrated frequently that loyalty to friends and family supercedes even that.  But, I guess it'd only be interesting if I could be doing something interesting.  Maybe as a member of the Obsidian Order.  Or as a Gul.  You know, because nobody ever wants to be Dunar the Latrine Cleaner.

*laughs*

It's sorta like how "Time Lord" would probably be my default answer in general for if I could be anything from Sci-Fi.  But when I think that, I'm really thinking of how cool it would be to be the Doctor, specifically.  Or the Master.  Being a Time Lord is only rewarding if you have a Tardis and the freedom to cruise around doing stuff with it.

Jedi isn't a race, so I can't say that. *laughs*

Oh!  Or a Terminator.  But only if my programming is completely unleashed like the one in T2, and I get to have a hot Summer Glau Terminatrix companion who also has an unleashed AI. *nods*

I might have put way more into this answer than was initially intended... >.>;;

Edit::
Adding to... I think it would be pretty cool to be a Turian.  Again, fascinating culture, very similar to Cardassians in their cultural values.  I also just adore the Mass Effect universe in general.  But, I feel like I want to keep it more humanoid.

And on that note, being an Asari would be pretty cool.  Yeah, I'd lose my sense of gender... but I'd be a super-powered psychic hot chick that lives for 1000 years.  Even if I don't become something awesome like a commando, I'd have enough time to dick around and write my own way.

Also, I completely ignored the obvious answer of Kryptonian.  Assuming you're under a yellow sun, that'd be pretty boss... but since there are so few left, I'm not sure if that means I'd be more likely to get a chance with Supergirl by virtue of having compatible genetics... or less likely by virtue of probably being related to her. *laughs*
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

TheGlyphstone

Being an Oculon would provide a fascinating new perspective on the world, though my personality traits match up better with the Marmosians...

Hey, you did say any sci-fi race. :-)

Beorning

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 17, 2013, 03:28:47 PM
Being an Oculon would provide a fascinating new perspective on the world, though my personality traits match up better with the Marmosians...

Nice to see someone remembering Ascendancy :)

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Beorning on February 17, 2013, 03:36:15 PM
Nice to see someone remembering Ascendancy :)

And here I was thinking no one else would recognize the names. :D

Beorning

Well, that game had some very memorable aliens... IIRC, one race was quite Lovecraftian?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Beorning on February 18, 2013, 12:38:24 AM
Well, that game had some very memorable aliens... IIRC, one race was quite Lovecraftian?

They were all really weird-looking, but I think you might be talking about the Shevar? Spider-looking things, came from another universe with the goal of devouring the life-energy of everything in this one?

Their music still creeps me out.
Ascendancy - Music themes of the species
7:37 in.

Beorning

Yup, that's them. They totally look like Elder Things and other HPL's creature. And that whole "they are from another universe" bit...

Overall, very interesting game. I think I liked playing Nimbuloids...

TheGlyphstone

I liked Orfa and Govorom myself. Being able to give the finger to black tiles was fun, the only thing better was turning huge black planets into rainbow worlds. And Chamachies, but I felt kind of guilty playing them...it was easy mode in a game that was already crippled by its own AI.

My rage at The Logic Factory for abandoning its true fans to cash in on the iMarket will know no end.

Beorning

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 18, 2013, 12:55:52 AM
I liked Orfa and Govorom myself. Being able to give the finger to black tiles was fun, the only thing better was turning huge black planets into rainbow worlds. And Chamachies, but I felt kind of guilty playing them...it was easy mode in a game that was already crippled by its own AI.

You didn't get the AI patch? I've heard it solve the problem with easiness.

Thesunmaid

I did say any race...I have not heard of some of them but I now have something to google and look new scifi stuff up :)
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Beorning on February 18, 2013, 01:08:10 AM
You didn't get the AI patch? I've heard it solve the problem with easiness.

Even the AI patch didn't really help that much. Its solution was to just make everyone declare war with you right off the bat...that did make it 'harder', but the AI didn't actually get any smarter.

Thesunmaid

So it was sort of an AI with a limited learning capacity?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: thesunmaid on February 18, 2013, 09:33:10 AM
So it was sort of an AI with a limited learning capacity?

Nah, it didn't have any learning capacity. It just did the same limited strategies, built its ships and settled its planets the exact same way every time, with only minor variations based on the race it was portraying, often building itself into inescapable corners or loading ships with useless random gadgets instead of effective equipment, and it was laughably easy to defeat in tactical combat even when you were seriously outnumbered. The patch made all computer factions hate the player and declare war instantly, but that just meant you couldn't sneak around and plant colonies in their rear areas before declaring war yourself.

It was a great game in every other respect, but the terrible AI kept it from being a true contender to the throne of 'best 4X game' that Master of Orion 2 sat on.

Thesunmaid

Oh that sucks...i mean if you get too predictable your enemies are gonna go...oh well here's the solution and then stomp them. So it was like Ben stein the AI..beauller? beauller? lol