Request for a GM to run an occult / mystery based game.

Started by 3ldr1tch, May 11, 2005, 09:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3ldr1tch

I submitted a player to a game on rpol some time ago and then the GM dissapeared before I had a chance to play him. If anyone has or is willing to creata a game that fits in with this character's background then I'd like to have a chance to play him:-

Character -

Name : Wayne Connell
Race : Human

Description :

A tall man with brown hair and grey eyes. His features are pale, and his body is slim, but with a well defined muscle tone.

Skills, Etc:

Wayne sometimes sees events that have taken place in an area. These events come as visions and garbled images and happen at unexpected moments. They are almost always connected to strong episodes of emotion such as extreme fear, hate, joy or passion. He sometimes gets these visions when he meets people, and this gives him a brief insight into who they are.

Personality : Calm and Calculating, but with a strong willpower. He is not easily fooled by lies and manipulation.

History :

Wayne as a young boy had always been fascinated with the occult and supernatural. He also loved mystery books. When he grew up he decided to become a private detective, willing to take on very unorthodox cases. It is one of these cases that led him here.

He's was hired by a mysterious person to find a book that was stolen from them. He was been told nothing about the book except that it is a book of occult significance that has secret information in it that is of value to his client. The client seemed so keen to get his hands on this book that Wayne has himself become very curious as to what its pages contain.

The only problem is he keeps being plagued by dreams of a disturbing nature, involving a beautiful woman who is in danger. He's almost certain the dreams have something to do with both the book and his client, but he's not sure how the three things are connected.

Background story:-

The night was bible black outside the apartment window. Heavy clouds hung in the air and blotted out the stars. Only the occasional clap of thunder and flash of lightning broke the silence and illuminated the street below.

She stood there watching him, her dark eyes regarding him with interest. She was framed in the dim candlelght, the flickering flames illuminating her pale naked skin, a sharp contrast to black lace stockings she wore.  Her body was shapely, perfect. Her long raven-black hair had been untied and now fell loose about her shoulders and back, and down to her soft, round thighs. Her exotic features were so youthful, so pure.

She walked round the bed, making no sound on the hard wooden floor. She climbed upon the bed and began to cress his body with her hands.

"Stay with me." she whispered.

The lightning struck again and everything went black.

He was unbearably cold, floundering in the darkness. He wandered sensless in the abyss, searching for her, wanting to be near her again. Then he heard the laughter, its sound was something between a buzzing and a screaming, like a thousand demons howling in an unholy choir. Then her voice "Help me, oh no, please, please no!"

He tried to run to her, run in the direction of the sound, but his legs wouldn't move, his body wouln't obey his mind ...

Wayne woke up. His bedclothes were soaked in sweat. He was clutching his pillow. It took him a a few seconds to realise the beside phone was ringing.
The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents.

- H.P. Lovecraft ("The Call of Cthulhu")

NightBird

Something like this would fit well in the Anitaverse game I'm considering creating.  Do you have any preferences or ideas about where the plot with the book would take him?

3ldr1tch

I had a friend playing in another game of mine that was willing to play the lady mentioned. I don't know if she'd still be interested. We had come up with the idea that she was the daughter of a witch, but was not a witch herself. Maybe she has natural psychic powers and is needed by someone to perform a ritual out of the book - maybe to call a demon into the world or something.

Another idea is that the lady in question is already a witch, and she is in posession of the book, but she is trying to keep it out of the wrong hands.

I have no idea where the original GM was going to take it, though.
The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents.

- H.P. Lovecraft ("The Call of Cthulhu")