What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 26, 2015, 06:05:43 PM
somehow figure out how to make it work

This is the most exhausting thing about it :D  As the number of people in a polycule (Love that word - I'm stealing it.) increases, the number of lines of communication also increases.  Even if two particular members aren't sleeping together, schedules and feelings come into the overall mix - or should, if it's done right.  So, even if I was in a 'V' relationship, communication (or at least consideration) between the third person and me is important.  Or the third person and Mr. Oniya, if I happened to be the vertex!  (Not likely to happen.  #pickyandshy)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

DiscoveringEzra

Not much going on differently in savannah but a breaking news bulletin

One New York Escaped inmate shot ;police chasing the second

WTOC SAVANNAH NEWS : http://m.wtoc.com/wtoc/db/349172/content/SXVPvvcf

Other than that tybee island lifts their water advisory http://m.wtoc.com/wtoc/db/350145/content/4i51m2uw

And River Street is apparently getting new buildings http://m.wtoc.com/wtoc/db/350145/content/DTvIPVwI
Lol not much going on overall here
Why I suck - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=152540.0
My o/o's and Players - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139223.0
My Plays and ideas - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=178979.0
"I have too much imagination to just be one gender” - Erika Linder

I have taken an indefinite hiatus due to complete computer shutdown, and is still in limbo until I can get another. Sorry.

Oniya

I could have sworn I saw the original news about this here (including the fact that the Russian ambassador had the diphtheria antitoxin flown in), but unfortunately, the damage had been done.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/spanish-boy-diphtheria-dies
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

TheGlyphstone

Anti-vaxx advocacy should be illegal, the same way yelling 'Fire' in a theater used to be illegal. It's not just harming yourself, but putting entire population segments at risk because of your stupidity and paranoia.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 30, 2015, 10:09:09 AM
Anti-vaxx advocacy should be illegal, the same way yelling 'Fire' in a theater used to be illegal. It's not just harming yourself, but putting entire population segments at risk because of your stupidity and paranoia.

appropriate because a major Anti Vaccination doctor was found murdered, gunshot wound to the chest and a pistol found in the water nearby to where he was found.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/anti-vaccine-doctor-behind-%e2%80%98dangerous%e2%80%99-autism-therapy-found-dead-family-cries-foul/ar-AAckFHG?ocid=HPCDHP

Sounds like someone lost a child to this man's lies and then decided to go get back at him.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 30, 2015, 11:49:28 AM
appropriate because a major Anti Vaccination doctor was found murdered, gunshot wound to the chest and a pistol found in the water nearby to where he was found.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/anti-vaccine-doctor-behind-%e2%80%98dangerous%e2%80%99-autism-therapy-found-dead-family-cries-foul/ar-AAckFHG?ocid=HPCDHP

Sounds like someone lost a child to this man's lies and then decided to go get back at him.

On the other hand...I can't condone lethal vigilante justice, if that is what this turns out to be.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 30, 2015, 12:09:45 PM
On the other hand...I can't condone lethal vigilante justice, if that is what this turns out to be.

Let them be sued and revealed as the charlatans that they are. But I cant say that I don't understand why someone would want to kill him, especially reading up on what this man's therapies consisted of. \

TheGlyphstone

Agreed. I can understand it, just not endorse it.

Oniya

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 30, 2015, 11:49:28 AM

Have they decided that Bradshaw was murdered?  Last I heard they were saying suicide.  Also, his offices had recently been raided by the FDA and the Georgia Drugs and Narcotics Agency (Source)

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Oniya on June 30, 2015, 12:44:01 PM
Have they decided that Bradshaw was murdered?  Last I heard they were saying suicide.  Also, his offices had recently been raided by the FDA and the Georgia Drugs and Narcotics Agency (Source)

2 things don't sit well with me there.

1: Shot in the chest. People who commit suicide with a gun usually go for the head as its faster and less painful.

2:The gun was found in the water, not next to him. But this can be brushed off slightly as the gun bouncing away from him after he dropped it, depends on where he pulled the trigger.

*shrugs*

Its also possible that if the guy killed himself, he did shot himself int he chest to surround his death with some controversy and then to keep his followers blaiming the big Pharmas.

Oniya

*nods*  There are certain characteristics of close-contact wounds that the autopsy will hopefully be able to sort out, one way or the other.  Also, since they found the gun, they may be able to trace where it came from, and who the legal owner was/is.  Right now, the number of non-anti-vaxxer sources are pretty low (much to my annoyance).

Deamonbane

http://news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-court-ten-commandments-monument-must-come-down-164936584.html

A Ten Commandments monument on the Oklahoma Capitol grounds is a religious symbol and must be removed because it violates the state's constitutional ban on using public property to benefit a religion, the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Zakharra

And just as the Greeks are melting down financially, this comes along: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33325842

QuoteRussia examines 1991 recognition of Baltic independence

The Russian chief prosecutor's office is to examine whether the Soviet Union acted legally when it recognised the Baltic states' independence in 1991.

The investigation was described as an "absurd provocation" by Lithuania's Foreign Minister Linas Linkevicius.

Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania were occupied by Soviet communist forces in 1940. The USSR broke up in 1991.

Last week Russia's chief prosecutor declared illegal the transfer of Crimea from Russia to Ukraine in 1954.

At the time Russia and Ukraine were republics of the USSR, under communist leader Nikita Khrushchev.

Russia's annexation of Crimea in March 2014 was condemned internationally. Ethnic Russians there voted to rejoin Russia, in a highly controversial referendum.

There are large ethnic Russian minorities in Estonia and Latvia, while Lithuania has a smaller ethnic Russian minority.

Baltic tensions
A source at the prosecutor's office, quoted by Russia's Interfax news agency, said the investigation into the Baltic states' independence followed a request from two parliamentary deputies.

In their letter, MPs Yevgeny Fyodorov and Anton Romanov, of President Vladimir Putin's United Russia party, said the 1991 decision to recognise Baltic independence had been taken "by an unconstitutional body".

The three Baltic states joined the EU and Nato in 2004. In recent years Russia has viewed that as a hostile challenge to its security interests.

Russian-Baltic tensions have been rising since the Crimea annexation and the outbreak of fighting in eastern Ukraine in April 2014. Heavily armed pro-Russian separatists there are clashing daily with Ukrainian government troops.

Nato has stepped up its presence in the Baltic states, responding to massive Russian military exercises, including heightened Russian air force activity in the Baltic.

Reacting to the Russian prosecutor's move, Lithuania's foreign minister called it "a provocation to say the least" and "legally, morally and politically absurd".

OMG, seriously Russia? One would think that Russia would, by now, realize that it is needlessly antagonizing the EU and US by its actions. If it wants to have a good relationship with the West, it needs to stop the needless antagonizing posturing.

Edit: It looks like Putin might be distancing himself  from this, but this is still a stupid statement for a government official to be saying.

Dashenka

Quote from: Zakharra on July 01, 2015, 12:23:22 PM
And just as the Greeks are melting down financially, this comes along: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33325842

OMG, seriously Russia? One would think that Russia would, by now, realize that it is needlessly antagonizing the EU and US by its actions. If it wants to have a good relationship with the West, it needs to stop the needless antagonizing posturing.

Edit: It looks like Putin might be distancing himself  from this, but this is still a stupid statement for a government official to be saying.

To put this in a perspective probably not seen in the western media, let alone in the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xJ_yG35jFM

Even the Ukrainians want the US to get the f*** out of their country....

so.. yeah...

OMG, seriously America? One would think that the US would, by now, realize that it is needlessly antagonizing Russia by its actions. If it wants to have a good relationship with Russia, it needs to stop the needless antagonizing posturing.

Something with a pot and a black kettle...
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Zillah

Quote from: Dashenka on July 02, 2015, 03:46:44 AM
OMG, seriously America? One would think that the US would, by now, realize that it is needlessly antagonizing Russia by its actions. If it wants to have a good relationship with Russia, it needs to stop the needless antagonizing posturing.

Something with a pot and a black kettle...

I visited St. Petersburg two weeks ago (amazing and beautiful city, by the way). I was kind of caught off-guard by the huge anti-American sentiment there.

It was interesting to see the Russian media in action. I don't exactly think they're a paragon of truth, any more than the U.S. media outlets, but seeing things from a different perspective is always something of an eye-opener.

Dashenka

Quote from: Zillah on July 02, 2015, 08:15:49 AM
I visited St. Petersburg two weeks ago (amazing and beautiful city, by the way). I was kind of caught off-guard by the huge anti-American sentiment there.

It was interesting to see the Russian media in action. I don't exactly think they're a paragon of truth, any more than the U.S. media outlets, but seeing things from a different perspective is always something of an eye-opener.

It's not only in St.Petersburg but everywhere in Russia and it's only getting worse as long as the US is meddling in stuff they shouldn't meddle in.

Russian media aren't great, I completely admit but they are not far off from the US or some European media.

That aside, St.Petersburg really is a very nice city and I am slightly embarrassed that a Ukrainian and American woman have visited it before me :D
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Lustful Bride

Happy Canada day to all of our neighbors to the north!

Have a fun day of celebration and don't go partying too hard  ;D

Lustful Bride

Welp, apparently Jim Carrey has joined the Anti Vaccine cult. I guess I wont be seeing anymore of his movies. I will not support a man with these kinds of convictions.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/jim-carrey-blasts-california-governor-as-a-corporate-fascist-in-antivaccination-twitter-rant/ar-AAcq3GB?ocid=HPCDHP

Deamonbane

I take it you didn't read the entire article, then? He's apparently pro-vaccine, just disapproves of the law making them mandatory.

While misguided, it is hardly something to boycott the man's movies over.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Deamonbane on July 02, 2015, 12:23:02 PM
I take it you didn't read the entire article, then? He's apparently pro-vaccine, just disapproves of the law making them mandatory.

While misguided, it is hardly something to boycott the man's movies over.

I actually did read all of it. I guess I should have read it again. I still don't approve.

Deamonbane

Quote from: Lustful Bride on July 02, 2015, 12:46:13 PM
I actually did read all of it. I guess I should have read it again. I still don't approve.
I don't approve either. But it is his right to think what he wants, and seems hardly the sort of thing meriting a boycott.

Cycle

Trump.

Like, why?  Seriously.  Why??

Deamonbane

Quote from: Beorning on July 02, 2015, 01:01:12 PM
I'm not fan of boycotting in general, but I'd like to point out that the whole "governments are fascist for making vaccines mandatory" attitude is potentially as harmful as outright claiming that vaccines are harmful.
This is a valid point.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Deamonbane on July 02, 2015, 12:52:09 PM
I don't approve either. But it is his right to think what he wants, and seems hardly the sort of thing meriting a boycott.

He also hasn't made a good movie in 20 years, though. So it's more like icing on the cake.