5th Ed D&D - The Legend of Dryad Wood

Started by Devil's Advocate, April 12, 2015, 11:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Wolfy on August 12, 2015, 02:43:32 PM
Is there still room for more party members? ;3

The more, the merrier.  As stated, I can always have two parties from two different directions.  One big party, split the parties, etc.  There's a lot to do in this plot I have concocted.
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

Dhi

Name: Dza Yucca
Human Fighter (Guild Artisan) 1
Personality: I am more interested in the past than the present. Whenever I meet a new person, I try to learn about their history if at all possible.
Ideals: Preservation We must protect the relics of the past, else their creators will fade from memory. (Lawful)
Bonds: I work to uncover the truth of past events, even if doing so is harmful to my nation or organization.
Flaws: There is an intense rivalry between myself and a particular colleague, and it often clouds my judgment.

Strength 16 ( +3 )Dexterity 10 ( +0 )Constitution 14 ( +2 )
Intelligence 14 ( +2 )Wisdom 10 ( +0 )Charisma 10 ( +0 )
Dza is a physically impressive specimen, chiseled from marble by a master of the human form. Her sword-arm is not especially nimble, but a firm shoulder lies behind it. A dual education in her Baklunish heritage and the Flanaess world in which she lives gave Dza an intellectual head start over her peers.

Skills: Athletics ( +5 ), History ( +4 ), Insight ( +2 ), Investigation ( +4 ), Persuasion ( +2 )
When she began working as a guardswoman in Melford, the garrison were too few to actively patrol. Often she would be called to respond to a crime hours or days later, and needed to rely on good interpersonal skills and shrewd investigation to track down a culprit. As the town guard strengthened, her reputation as a skilled fighter and woman of culture saw her stationed in the company of priests and scholars. Still, she has honed the training necessary to trounce a seedy tavern full of lowlifes should the need arise.

HP 12 AC 18 Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
The elegant, acid etched piecemeal plates of her armor were handed down from her giant of a brother, a bit oversized even over her chainmail but blessed with the stopping power of mithril. A few years ago her brother ceased being able to wrestle her to her knees, and her constant exposure to roadborne illness has left her immune system very robust.

Languages: Common, Giant, Orc
The orcs of the Pomarj are a constant threat to Gnarleywood, and a learned woman like Dza understands the importance of understanding their language even if she's loath to utter it. With the incursion of giants into Geoff across the mountains, a number of experts on the fell creatures have passed through Melford, and although she's never seen an actual giant, their language and primeval culture has fascinated her.

Features
Guild Membership: Mouqollad Consortium
Proficiencies: Light, medium, heavy armor; Shields; Simple, martial weapons; Potter's tools
Fighting Style: Dueling
Second Wind ( 1d10+1 )
Feat: Sentinel
Dza's parents are far-ranging members of the western Mouqollad Consortium, a Baklunish organization of merchant clans and craftspersons merged into a powerful mercantile consortium. She has been named an honorary member herself, though she's never laid eyes on Ket nor sold wares through Consortium channels- the guild is more interested in her as a foot in the door to passage east than anything. Still, Dza takes pride in her heritage, and stands firm as a protector of the weak, able to stand her own with a simple blade against hulking orc savages.

Attacks
WeaponAttackDamageTypeProperties
Longsword +5 1d8+5 Slashing Versatile (1d10)
Handaxe +5 1d6+3 Slashing Light, Thrown (20/60)

Equipment
Chainmail
Longsword
Shield
Handaxe (2)
Dungeoneer's Pack: Backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, tinderbox, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50' hemp rope
Potter's Tools
Letter of Introduction from the Mouqollad Consortium
Traveler's Clothes
Belt Pouch with 15g

Dhi

greenknight, eternaldarkness, do either of you want to be Melford guardsmen with me?

greenknight

I was thinking I'd come up on the party during their fight or just after. My character hangs out in the woods tracking nasties like the goblins they just fought. But Brannock may work out of Melford rather than Dryad Wood, too. I see no reason to write off the possibility that our characters know each other.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150