A variety of ideas! Long-Term

Started by JuneBuggy, January 20, 2019, 03:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneBuggy

Hi and welcome!

Get comfortable, settle in, grab a seat. I'll be quick, I promise.

First things first, we'll knock out the basics.

About Me

I'm a 24 year old woman in college and working full-time. That obviously means I get a bit busy now and then, but for the most part, I always find time for writing. More accurately, I make time for writing. And that's why a year later I've managed to float back in. My time zone is CST, and I'm most likely to be active during the evening, and on weekends. I prefer to keep stories to PMs, threads or email are okay too.
Yes, No, Maybe

I only have a few 'hard' no's. For me, they'll be:

• Bathroom Play
  • Underage characters - Age differences are more than okay with me, but (and I'm sure it's in the rules) 18+ only.
  • Excessiveness- Have a huge dick. That's fine by me. But I'm not down for breasts the size of actual pillows, inflation, expansion, etc. I'd prefer to keep the bodily proportions and physics within realistic standards.
  • Bimbo-ism/Mind Control - Not playing any characters who lack free will, or who are sex-slaves, as those stories generally just evolve into smut-fests with little to no plot. And I like having full control over my character, and these traits compromise that in my eyes.

If you reach out to me and propose an idea that includes something I have listed as a hard no, or are reaching out for anything other than an RP, I'm liable not to respond. I'm here only for writing, nothing more. Please don't approach with flirting lol, although I'm always down to make new friends. I'm also more than happy to have an OOC chat with writing partners.

That was all I could think of off the top of my head, and I'll likely add to it as time goes on and things come up. I'd just say, I'm fairly vanilla for the most part. So if you've got any unique or uncommon kinks, let's discuss ahead of time. I tend to be accommodating as I want us both to enjoy the story, but we both are allowed our limits as well.

Writing With Me

It'll be summed up:

• 3rd person POV (I write in the past-tense, but that's less important)
  • Multi-para to Novella for length and writing style (I'll have samples below)
  • No fandoms; I am open to exploring ideas, themes or basic concepts from shows/books/games/etc., but I highly prefer us creating our own story and only using basic concepts from the show or movie or book, or whatever it is. I'm iffy on stories where my partner plays a canon character, but I'm open to discussing it at the least. That said, I will always play my own personally-created character, but am happy to accommodate any of my partner's desires as well, as long as they are within my limits.
  • I don't have any pre-created characters. I like to make them unique to each story. I'll essentially have a name for them, and can provide a face claim as well if desired, but the rest I'd like to leave for us to discover in the story.

And I think that covers most of the basic...stuff.

Before getting into my ideas and samples, I'll share what my biggest interests in terms of genres and themes are:

-Supernatural/Vampires
-Historical (Medieval, Ancient Egypt/Greece/Rome, etc.)
-Drama
-Romance
-Dark

All of these elements will be pretty visible in the story ideas and samples that I share as well. It doesn't mean I won't consider other genres, but I am more fond of these and more likely to take an interest in a story if it revolves around one of these themes or genres. I will add that I'm not a fan of modern settings, and unless I am really interested in the plot, I'm not likely to be interested in a modern story. You'll see I have few of them.Doesn't mean you can't toss an idea my way, of course. Just a heads-up.

And without further ado, we'll jump into my plot ideas. These are not set in stone, and don't have to be written exactly as listed. I am full of ideas, and as you might see in the plots listed below, I tend to enjoy creating unique worlds and situations. I am more than happy with tweaks and changes that better suit our combined needs. Also, if you don't like an idea of mine, but you like my writing style, feel free to pitch an idea to me. The samples can of course be used for plots as well!

Quick note: To make things a bit easier, I'll have the stories categorized and named. Be forewarned: I suck with titles. YC = Your character, MC = My character.

Supernatural/Vampire Plots

The Traitor: Vampires have existed for nearly as long as the humans. They lived underground and in secluded areas, until one day, the Queen announces that it’s time to come out of hiding. Without warning, they attack, and it isn’t long before the humans are overwhelmed. The world is turned on its head, and suddenly vampires are the dominant race. As a result of the initial war and hunting, humans are low in number. The few remaining live in hiding or participate in usually unsuccessful rebellions against the vampires. MC is part of one such group, and their plan is to be captured and taken to the Vampire Palace to see the Queen - and kill her. They’re certain that if she dies, so will the vampires. And so the plan is put into motion, MC is found by a vampire and taken to the palace. But once there, MC is surprised to find that the Vampire Queen knows her, and has been expecting her. Why? And why does she keep speaking of ‘prophecies’ and the extinction of the human race? (I won’t share what the ‘twist’ is unless asked to do so. Basically a post-apocalyptic story, and there aren’t any limits as to who or what YC can be.)

A Fresh Start?: MCs people are suffering in the aftermath of a war, only to be hit with drought and a resulting famine. While most are moving out, MCs family is too impoverished to do so, and is forced to live through the unpleasant conditions. And then one day MCs mother becomes very ill. Desperate for a cure, MC heads to the 'witch doctor's manor to the far north of the town; it's said that he can help even with the rarest of cases. Her hope is to find help and a cure, but instead she finds YC, a vampire with plans to use the unsuspecting girl to restore his powers, which were stolen during the war. To the humans, the war was simply a sudden attack by an already considerably unfriendly neighboring kingdom. In reality, the war was that kingdom's attempt to find and kill the pest that is YC, who has snuck in and murdered countless citizens of the neighboring kingdom. In a final effort to be rid of him, the town's resident mage casts a spell on YC removing his powers from him, and slowly curing him of his vampirism as well, which will ultimately cause him to age until he dies. Given that the mage died in the war, YC has decided his only means of restoring his powers and reversing what has been done is to go back in time, with a distraction (aka MC), and kill the mage who eventually removes his powers. And what better distraction than the mage's daughter herself. Will MC uncover the truth in time to put a stop to YC's plans, or will he convince her that he is worthy of her sympathy, and instead have her join him in his cause?

Uncommon: After centuries of hiding, non-humans (simply called 'Uncommons') are finally granted the ability to live freely amongst humans. At least, that's what the law says. But there are no real protections for the Uncommons, and few travel alone, as crimes against their kind are common. MC is a witch raised by a wealthy family. Her abilities (and the strange marks and symbols ingrained in her skin since birth) have been hidden away until now. MC excitedly and naively begins to display her magic in the streets, in restaurants, and wherever she can, unaware of the attention she has drawn to herself by a certain group of individuals who have been targeting the Uncommons.

[I intentionally left this open-ended. YC can be whoever or whatever you wish for them to be. Are they a part of this secret organization looking to get rid of the Uncommons? Perhaps a detective seeking out information on the organization itself? Or another Uncommon, just trying to figure things out as well? I'd prefer this not take place in the modern day, as I feel going back in time could add more tension as a lack of technology could mean an inability to truly understand the creatures coming into the light.)

Symbiosis: After centuries of war between two species, their leaders finally come together to make peace. And not only do they make peace, but years later they also join their peoples together for a special project. You see, the leaders realized that Race A and Race B are opposites in many ways, and their differences could be beneficial for each other. For example, Race A can breathe underwater and are highly useful with naval warfare; Race B can't swim to save their lives, but are skilled hunters and builders. To capitalize on these strengths, it is decided that youth from each race will be paired to live and work together, and better the lives and futures of themselves and their people. [As is suggested, the actual races/species are left open for us to decide, as well as what their accompanying strengths/weaknesses would be.]

Historical Plots

The Proposition: MC is the princess, and is happy as such, until her father passes away, and suddenly she's thrust into the limelight. Responsibilities, meetings and balls, oh my! Having shirked her responsibilities in favor of...just about anything else, MC now has a bit of a dilemma, seeing how she is Queen and yet knows nothing that she should. That's where YC comes in. Proclaimed as the 'Tamer of Royals' (whatever that means), YC is renowned for his ability to take the most dimwitted of royals and transforming them into the proudest of rulers in mere months. And MC, although not dimwitted, is certainly not politically savvy, and immediately hires YC. After a brief and rather unpleasant meeting, YC decides he needs worthy pay if he's going to take on such a high-risk (and annoying) job. MC immediately [and foolishly] agrees to his terms: He has one year to not only provide her all of the basic knowledge needed for her role, but also to help her get the kingdom back to its glory days of when her father ruled (and peasants weren't attempting to burn her castle down). If he succeeds, he is awarded a prize of his choosing - as he has insisted it's far too early to say what he wants right now. He needs time to think. But not really. In truth, YC knows exactly what he wants, and he spends every day with the Queen helping to improve it so that when the time comes...he can take the throne for himself. 

In the Lion's Den: MC is a bit of a rarity - a young, female scribe. And one who is good at it, too. But most of her days are spent in one of the Palace temples sweeping floors and serving the priests. Until one day, the Pharaoh (YC) enters with his entourage, and after a mess of spilled ink, fires his scribe on the spot for soiling the floors. MC goes to clean it, when a priest states that he has seen her writing in her spare time. Intrigued, YC asks her to do a sample, and hires her immediately to be his scribe. Her rags are torn from her and she is tossed into baths and re-clothed in lighter, cleaner, more expensive attire. Just like that, she has become one of the closest people to the man-God himself. And what a shame she was chosen, seeing as she hates his guts... [Essentially looking for a semi-serious, partly comedic romance revolving around MC attempting repeatedly, and failing, to kill YC. Maybe YC catches on eventually and is amused, or through her manages to find an assassin who would have been more successful, and keeps her as bait for future would-be assassins...]

The Prophecy: YC is a Spartan warrior who kidnaps MC, an Athenian woman, as spoils of war. What he expects is days filled with fun and sex; what he gets is an oracle who tells him he is meant to be king, and if he doesn't take his throne, he'll die a terrible death at the hands of his worst enemies. The thing is, YC already knows he's meant to be king. As the direct descendant of the former king, there's no question of who or what he's meant to be. But he doesn't want the throne, especially when sitting upon it is his younger brother, with whom he made a deal to surrender the throne in exchange for the cover up of a very, very bad crime he's committed... Does he believe in prophecies or the gods? And if he does, is it worth dying to keep his secret? Just what has he done?

To Be, Or Not to Be: MC has just come of age to marry, and is preparing to attend her first debutante ball, presenting her as an eligible bachelorette. She's reasonably excited: drinks, dresses, and handsome men - could there be a better event? The night takes a sudden turn with the surprising arrival of the Queen. Beyond that, MC is stunned to find that the Queen has come just for her, and is...perhaps a bit over-eager to see her wed one of the young men in attendance. What a night! As she's leaving the ball, heading home with stars in her eyes, she is horrified by the sight of her parent's corpses lying in and outside of the carriage she was supposed to leave in with them. The night moves quickly, and before she knows it, she's in the home of one of the wealthiest families in the city. They're telling her the Queen came for a reason: MC is the illegitimate daughter of the King. The Queen knows. The Mistress (aka MC's real mother) has been killed along with her parents, and if she doesn't marry in the next month to prove she has no intentions of taking the throne, she will be next. [Open-ended for YC, as always! We could up the ante a bit and make YC a spy sent to protect MC, as her intended husband is just another of the Queen's pawns; or YC can be that intended husband. Do they work together to get MC her true throne, or do they accept their lives as is and stay as far away from the drama as possible?]

Bewitched: YC is a king whose father was praised for making the controversial but accepted decision of banning non-humans from the kingdom after centuries of war. His time on the throne is pleasant, he has more allies than enemies, and things are going well for him. That is, until the fateful day that he holds a ball to allow the nobility to come and share their hopes and dreams for the kingdom, with the promise that he will do his best to consider all critiques and suggestions. MC arrives, and manages to find time to speak with YC alone. The two end up dancing, and YC develops feelings for this unknown woman, who dodges his questions about who she is in favor of asking her own politically-charged ones. He finds it strange that she is so interested in the welfare of the non-humans, and is even stunned when she asks if he might consider allowing them back into the kingdom. Before he can question her further, he catches a glimpse of the strange markings on her hands whena glove falls off, and she flees. Intrigued by her beauty and her intentions, he seeks her out. His advisor is aware of it all, and grows concerned. Who is this woman the King is so enthralled with? Why does she ask such ridiculous stuff questions? And what were those markings on her hands...? [Thinking that the advisor might become a major obstacle over time, but we can talk out the details.

Other

These will be plots I either couldn't fit in just one category, or haven't fully hashed out yet.

Superhero x Supervillain: No full idea for this one yet. But it would be cool to have some sort of conflict where perhaps the hero isn’t as noble as expected, and the villain is the more sympathetic character.

Day and Night:MC is betrothed to the Prince of the North, a handsome but cold-hearted man whose only interest in her is the dowry she will bring him. He is controlling and manipulative, and MC finally catches a break when she is offered the opportunity to visit the Southern Kingdom for a diplomatic exchange with the King there. She happily agrees, but unbeknownst to her, the idea was not that of her future husband, but his mother, who has conpsired against her from the start. On the way to the Kingdom of the South, a bad storm sees her caravan lost in the woods. To make matters worse, bandits attack, and although she is able to hide under the seats and avoids capture, she is left all alone in the middle of a blizzard. With no other options, she trudges towards the silhouette of the castle in the distance until she passes out in the cold. YC, the King of the South, hears of the attack and heads out to find and recover his guest. He brings her in and has her tended to, and the two bond during their diplomatic session. MC returns home, a bit saddened but happy to have a new friend. That happiness is dashed when she returns to find her fiance furious. After being locked in the dungeons for her disobedience, MC is freed by a somewhat sympathetic guard who decides she'd be better off elsewhere. MC flees with a horse to the Southern Kingdom, unaware that she has been seen leaving... [I would cover the role of the Prince of the North, unless you feel inclined to double-up![/b]

Taming the Beast: This'll be one of those not-fully-hashed-out ideas, but I thought it might be interesting to play a female werewolf who is being 'tamed' and/or groomed to be a lady. I would be most interested to see her opposite a vampire, but it's not a requirement.

Fish Out of Water: A bit of a twist on The Little Mermaid. However, instead of being turned into a little sea-worm in the sea witch's cave, the mermaid's price for failure would be her life, and the lives of everyone she loves or would ever love. ...not sure where my mind was going with this, but who knows. Maybe the story takes place after the mermaid has failed, and one of our characters is someone she 'would have loved' in some way or another, and now the sea witch is coming for them, and they've got to find a way to undo the curse before they die and it continues. And presuming that a mermaid would be involved, we'd go with them being the type that has legs through *mAgIc* or something. I don't know. There's fish-people, so anything can happen, can't it?

Modern and Modern-ish

Undercover: MC is a journalist who has found herself frustrated as of late. After moving to a new town, she hoped for wild stories and crazy chases, and instead found a rather quiet and peaceful town. The city’s lead detective (YC) has apparently cracked nearly every case thrown his way, and the would-be criminals of the town appear to fear him too much to cause trouble beyond graffiti here and there. Just when it seems things will never change, MC happens to overhear a strange conversation between YC and a shady looking individual while grabbing a coffee one day. Curious, she follows YC home to see what happens, and winds up sneaking into the backyard to get a closer look. She is stunned to find that some of the most familiar faces in crime have gathered at YCs home. It’s the story of the century! Or at least, it would have been, but MC makes the mistake of dropping her camera in the pool, and is seen while retrieving it. And from there, things take a turn she never expected. She wanted an adventure and to uncover something big, and now she’s gotten just that. But at what cost?

30 Day Fiance: YC is a wealthy businessman, with a strong desire to make his cold and critical father happy. He’s got the money, he’s got the home, the cars, the yachts and planes, but what he doesn’t have is a family. And now, his father’s planning a visit to see his success in person, and YC panics. His father always said a major part of success was having a family, yet he has none. As a spur of the moment plan, YC contracts MC, his office assistant, to be his wife for the duration of his father’s trip. The plan? When his father arrives, the two will attend a dinner with him where YC will propose to MC, and then his father will be involved in the planning. Then, his father leaves, MC gets paid however she wishes, and everything goes back to normal...right?

And last but not least, the sample:

Tug of War

Here. Again.

Elizabeth lay shivering in the snow, watching as the spooked horse galloped off into the hazy distance. She was sure she'd heard wolves, and that the horse had heard them as well and decided to desert his rider in favor of becoming dinner. On the bright side, this time she was closer to the castle than before. She hugged her coat around herself, grateful that this time, she had one. Flashbacks of laying in the icy snow, the warmth of her body causing it to melt and sting her skin as it soaked her dress made her sigh. This was...at least slightly better than her prior experience. Slowly she stood, the snow crunching beneath her boots and hands as she pushed herself up from off the ground, dusting snow off of her coat with her gloved hands. Through the gently falling snow, she could see the castle ahead. By horse, it was perhaps another half hour away. By foot, much longer. She dreaded the thought of spending the next couple of hours trudging through the snow, praying she wouldn't be murdered or snatched by bandits. Even under the cloudy, gray skies, the jewels on her neck glittered brightly. The thick, soft fabric of her coat and dress would also give her away as someone of wealth. A perfect target, wandering the forests alone.

Why had it come to this? Just a few days before she'd been in the castle she was now headed to, laughing and having tea with the pleasant King of the South. He had a reputation of being intimidating, and some even referred to him as the 'Blood King' for his history of bloodshed and war. But she'd found it unlikely that he could be so cold given their interaction. She hoped he wouldn't be upset with her impromptu arrival; her fiance hadn't let her with much of a choice. She'd spent the past couple of nights curled up on the damp, dirty, cold dungeon floors. "Mathilda," she muttered under her breath, clutching her cloak tighter over herself to shield her face from the falling snow. Her fiance's mother was a witch in every sense of the word. She'd sent Elizabeth to the Southern Kingdom just a few days prior. 'You should go!', she had urged with mock excitement, 'meeting the Southern King will be good for you. He can teach you his war strategies, and in turn you can share them with my son to better your relationship'. That's what she had said, knowing two things: one, her son would never be pleased with Elizabeth or anything she did for him; and two, he had every intention of finding and taking a mistress to replace his future wife. He had told her to her face. Her warm brown eyes darkened at the thought. Why did he hate her so? When they had first met, he had been incredibly kind. He'd taken her on trips, had incredible meals prepared for her, and wooed her the way any woman would hope for. So why had it become like this? The very day her father agreed to their marriage, everything had changed. And he'd become a cold, tyrannical monster whose only saving grace was his blatant honesty.

He hated her. He was not attracted to her. And he would take her family's money and his throne and use them to fulfill his desires. One of which was to find a better, more suitable bride. He'd been so kind as to share these details with her in advance, so she would 'know her place', as he put it. Her head lowered as she pushed forward still, the wind whipping and howling as tiny snowflakes kissed her pale cheeks. She would faint again if she didn't arrive soon, and that was a problem, given that she'd made little progress so far. She stopped and rubbed her arms rapidly, trying her best to warm herself. Just what was she hoping for? She gazed ahead at the castle of the Southern King, a place she had come to know as a sanctuary of peace. The wind tossed her dark curls about, and she reached up to tuck them back into her cloak.

How would he receive her?

It dawned on her that their initial meeting had been for diplomatic and political purposes. Was it foolish of her to expect him to treat her with the same kindness now as he had then? She was now going to be visiting as a....what...a refugee? Princess or not, he had no obligation to treat her well. If anything, it would serve him better to scold her and send her right back home the moment he discovered that she had come without the blessing of her husband. And what if he now knew that her prior visit had been without approval as well? Still, she had to try. It was that, or go back home and infuriate her fiance even more once he learned she had escaped. And what would become of the guard who had freed her? She didn't have the courage to go back and see what had become of him.

Her pace gradually slowed as time passed. Every part of her was freezing, her legs were shaking and her teeth were chattering. It was unbecoming of royalty, but what royal would find herself in Elizabeth's shoes anyhow? She wished she'd had some indication of what her fiance would be like. Just the slightest glimpse of his true personality, his true intentions. She felt her eyes growing heavy, but kept moving as best she could. Would it have changed anything, had she known? If she had told her parents that she didn't want to marry the prince that had shown up to their small but happy castle, would they have sent him on his way? Perhaps she'd be in her room now, instead of being stuck outside battling a snowstorm. Perhaps she'd be curled up in her bed, tucked under layers of handmade quilts, resting as she watched the snow fall from her window.

Her last thoughts were cozy and comfortable, thoughts of warmth and her mother's baking. She could smell the bread, could feel the softness and warmth of the quilts wrapped around her body as she sank into the snow and slowly let her eyes close. Maybe she'd wake up, and find it had all been a dream. Or maybe, she'd pass on and find that warmth in another place...

Ons/Offs

Plots/Stories/Writing Samples

JuneBuggy

I have added 3 new plot ideas and a new genre! 😊

Ons/Offs

JuneBuggy

Gentle bump; looking for more stories and partners, preferably ones involving vampires! (But any others will do, as well)! I have updated my response times in my signature due to starting online classes alongside my jobs, but can still reply within 1-3 days.

Ons/Offs

JuneBuggy

Back and ready to write again! I’m looking for maybe two stories to get started off. As I don’t have many plots just yet, please feel free to share your own if none pique your interest. We can also make one from scratch as well!

Ons/Offs