Compass: Magical Disturbance Agency

Started by Smitten Endymion, September 24, 2013, 01:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smitten Endymion

Compass SC OOC

I got the number I'm looking for but if your profile is good I'll accept it. As such, please keep up with the IC thread as well as this one. Opening up Compass Star East! So if you want to be apart of compass I am opening up another thread for that. Also I don't have reliable net access so once or twice a day is the frequency. or Every other day sometimes. ( I try to avoid that.)

Introduction
We are Compass Rose, and we govern and  monitor the supernatural world right behind the curtain of the “Normal” mortal modern world. Our job is to defend mortal kind against the magical attacks that they are defenseless against and to keep the magical world a secret from the. In order to do this we have agencies called Compass Star. These agencies are the second line of defense, and their job is to take, solve, and neutralize supernatural disturbances that might occur in the mortal realm. There are 5 main agencies and 4 sub-agencies. The focus of this report is Compass Star Center, the apparent center of the  series of extreme magical disturbances.

Concept
Okay, this is an Rp about a magical detective agency called Compass SC In a modern city setting. Being in the center of the city they have magic users from all over the world. They look for and detect magical anomalies and take them out before they become an issue with the normal world. Lately there has been an increase in the number of cases. For some reason, the Council is not sending out their agents in time to solve these cases. So it falls to them to solve them.

This Rp is going to be freeform, and Adult due to the the potential violence and adult themes.

Posting Frequency: once or twice a day (also depending on how fast people respond)

Setting: Compass Star Center, Agency closet to the Compass Rose (council)

Compass Sections:
Compass Rose: The council ruling body of all magic users
Compass Star Center: Agency Closest to the Rose
There are other agencies under the Compass Rose. Four other divisions named Compass Star: North South East West respectively
There are also subdivisions Compass: NW, NE, SE, SW.

Below is the character sheet please fill it out.

[float=left][IMG]http://blahblahblahblah[/IMG][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Magical Type:[/b] [i][witch, wizard, sorcerer, voodoo priest, tao monk etc.][/i]
[b]Magical Type Explanation: [/b]
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Description:[/b] [i][anything not apparent in the picture provided eye color, weight, height etc.][/i]
[b]Background:[/b]

Limit might be 6 people. If a players profile is really good I will extend.

Alaesia Mint ~Head~

Name:Alaesia Mint
Magical Type: Priestess of Terpsichore
Magical Type Explanation:  Her magic is more ritual. Her body movements are the tributes to her goddess. so even the smallest move has to be graceful. In her magic there is prayer, ritual, and sacrifice. These three parts don't take extensive amounts of times like in ancient time and are more streamline. A prayer is the least powerful, and can be offensive or defensive depending on the situation but is the fastest. A ritual  will take a little more time and more intricate movement than a prayer but it is medium on the power scale; It also can be offensive or defensive. Finally there is Sacrifice where something of some value has to be given usually its part of the persons current health, or a sentimental object. Sacrifice is the most powerful and destructive. All of this is payed with a tribute with is her movements.
Personality: She is goofy and a little bit of an imp she loves to drive her second in command crazy sometimes. Despite the fact that she can't talk It doesn't even detract from her over all brightness. She has a smile on her face almost all the time except during cases. She never plays around when it comes to the endangerment of the public.
Description: She is 5'6" with Forest Green eyes. She is pretty slender with a weight of 130lb
Background:Alaesia is part of a long line of priest and priestess to the muses. Her family is the line dedicated to the muse of voice. She was the youngest and in line to be the next head priestess but her singing voice was better than her sisters. Her grandfather was set to name her next head, but her grandmother and her sister could not stand for it because she was a stepchild of the latest and briefest wife of her father. So late one night she was lead trustingly to the temple at her families home. In the temple was a tea set and her sister sitting there nervously. It never occurred to her at the time to think as to why her sister was so nervous. Her grandmother sat her down and kindly offered her a cake. She ate it trusting her grandmother, but soon realized she should have been more careful when she felt shards of glass hit her throat and her grandmother chanting to the goddess. She knew that moment her voice would not be hers anymore. She won't even be a minor priestess in her family even. as her family stole her voice.
With out a voice, she had no purpose because even when her  vocal cords healed and months of therapy her voice did not return. It wasn't till a year later in her mothers attempt to get her out of the severe depression through dance lessons that she found her new purpose. She was alone and practicing her moves. She liked to keep busy to distract her mind from more depressing thoughts. Her body started feeling lighter the more she moved. Her fatigue from over practicing was gone. When she finally stopped 30 minutes later the room was a glow with magic circles of protection and love. In over a year that was the first time she did not think of the incident. A week later a letter came from her families sister family the priest and priestess of the goddess of dance. They did not want her to take over as head even though she had the potential to do so. Instead they sent her to Compass to "watch their interests" there. She accepted it even though she knew they were trying to get her out of the way, simply because she felt she could do more good there than in the stifling home of her forebears. Though since that day in the studio she promised herself to not be depressed because she knew she was blessed by a goddess.

Character Accepted
Head: Smitten
Second in command: Katataban
~: Fredasce
~: Curvy Kitten
~: mainsnoires
~: Rainyhigh
~: SugarandSpice
~: Chreestafer

Will be using header for simplicity.
Header Example
[float=left][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/if8ijYv.jpg?1[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Status[/b]: Fighting, Chasing, Idle, Working etc.
[b]Case:[/b]
[b]Tagging:[/b]

City

theater
An old renovated theater now the talk of the town and the site to see a lot of celebrities. It was also the site of a few famous murders. It is a large building and the source of many rumors.
river front
Its is along the right side of downtown. It is said to be home of local water spirits
downtown
Home of popular shops and wonderful foods It is the heart of the city. Though it does have its darkside  in its allies a number of dark spirits crawl.
church
Because of the natural resistance to evil spirts
business district
suburb
Council building
ruins
park
forest
Subway station

Compass SC
Outside
main office
second office
bull pen
[/float]
[/float]
meeting room
lounge

mainsnoires

You picked my interest, it is a cool background you created there!
I am in  for the ride.

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: mainsnoires on September 24, 2013, 01:59:46 AM
You picked my interest, it is a cool background you created there!
I am in  for the ride.
thanks a lot, go ahead and fill out the character sheet. I cant wait for your character.

Tamhansen

Name:Hadrian Campbell
Magical Type: Akashic Mage
Magical Type Explanation: Akasha is the first primal element, known as aether or spirit in the west. It is the source of the other four elements, and through them of all life. Akashic mages specialize in magic relating to space and time. Their mastery of the primal elements allow them to master any magic up to a point, but not to the level elemental mages, but the real skill of an Akashic is the speeding up and slowing down of time, time travel is not within the scope of their powers, but stretching and compressing of time. Although not nearly as powerful as a true wizard or witch, but an Akashic's powers are much more subtle giving him more possibility to work his magic without being spotted.
Personality: Hadrian is a quiet young man, speaking only when it is necessary, and generally not to strangers. To his team he is curt, but polite and caring, and when they need to talk, he is always there to listen. In his work he's not always as professional as he should be perhaps, but when the going gets tough he pulls his weight in a tremendous way. Hadrian spends a lot of his time reading books, or well pdf's really.
Description: Hadrian is 6'4" and weighs 185 pounds. He has violet eyes which aren't always immediately apparent.
Background:Hadrian was born in the countryside, his father a rancher, and his mother a part time post office worker. From an early age on, he seemed to be lucky. When he crossed the street without looking, the speeding car would only just miss him by a fraction of a second. If his mother was running late bringing him to school, they always just seemed to make it against odds. As he was just a kid he thought these things normal, as were the times when everything just randomly slowed around him, every kid had that right? Of course they did, so no need to tell anyone.

As he went to high school however, he noticed that something was wrong. When he'd play sports with the other kids, he always seemed to be just a little faster, and always at the right place. And one day, when the school bully had set his sights on him, something happened that would change his life forever. The older boy, along with the crowd had pinned him in a corner, and there was no where to go. Hadrian stumbled backwards and fell to the ground as the bigger boy came at him. But as a swing came at him that he was sure was going to really hurt him, time seemed to come to a halt, and everyone around him seemed to freeze. Although shocked Hadrian knew to react, and he shoved the boy away and to the ground, giving him a few kicks for good measure before running off.

Things changed on school for him from that day, as people suddenly showed him a lot of respect, or was it fear? Either way, life at school was much easier. Then, just a few weeks before graduation, they came to visit him. Representatives of an organization called the council. They explained to him what his powers were, and they told him about the compass. An organization sworn to protect the world from magical disasters and criminals. After hours of talking Hadrian consented to join the force as soon as he graduated.

As one of the few people unaware of his powers before being contacted, Hadrian had much to learn, but he was a fast student, and pretty soon he was assigned to active duty in the Compass center office. He's been working there for nigh on eleven years now, and he's seen many agents come and go, young, full of dreams, but too often they ended up burnt out, or worse, dead. People often ask him, why, after all these years he isn't leading his own team. Well, two reasons, for one, his powers are not nearly as strong as those of the people leading the teams, and two he prefers to be the man behind the throne.

ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Fredasce

Name: Derrick Johnson

Magical Type: Conducting Mage

Magical Type Explanation: Conduction Magic allows the user to wield the material they touch, be it water, earth, metal, electricity, etc. However, they cannot wield magic that do not belong to them or items that had recently been touched by magic. It is a relatively new type of magic, originating in the Industrial Revolution era, and it is rumoured that Conduction Magic was the cause of many inventions.

Personality: Many would describe Derrick as crazy; But in actuality, he just likes to speak. He does it in a fast-paced, no-room-for-breathing fashion, that can sometimes overwhelm the listener. He also is known for humming at almost all times, unless he is in a life-and-death situation where he needs to keep his mouth shut. Even though he is not the first mage the organization would recommend to take care of something, he is a good finder of magic disturbance and a good addition to any team that relies on communication.

Description:
  • Dark brown eyes
  • Buzz-cut hair
  • 173 Cm (5 feet 6 inches)
  • 70 Kg (154 Lb)
Background: Derrick's story starts at Brooklyn, New York. The doctors said that he was lucky to be born, since they did not pull him out of his mother correctly and long story short, he almost got strangled with his umbilical cord. His parents still think that that was the reason Derrick wants to talk all the time. He had always been like that since he learnt his very first word: Toilet.

Until he was in middle school, he was a normal kid. He attended school, he learnt, he passed (and failed) tests, and played with his friends. And then, when everything was more study rather than playtime, his world gave a 360 degrees twist. He was crossing the street one day distractedly and suddenly, a car turned at the corner and raced down the empty street towards him. The driver and the passengers were robbers who had recently rob a bank, and were in that moment being chased by the police. Just when they were around to run over Derrick, he threw himself to the ground. And as his hands touched the asphalt, it rose before him and created a ramp, sending the car to the air and putting him out of danger.

From that moment on, Derrick had been a showoff, using his powers in a subtle manner to have an advantage, until the death of his grandparent came. In his deathbed, he told Derrick about the Compass, telling him that someday they would be coming for him. And that they did, 9 years later, when he was 23. It is needless to say that he immediately accepted.

My O/O's
Request Thread
Let my heart be still a moment, and this mystery explore

Smitten Endymion

Alright my profile is up but unfinished, for the head of Compass SC, Its in the spoiler and its again not finished yet. I accept  the two profiles so far and will place the names in the first post. Lets get more people :D

CurvyKitten

Hmm color me interested I simply have to brain storm and fine tune my idea.

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 25, 2013, 12:15:41 PM
Hmm color me interested I simply have to brain storm and fine tune my idea.
glad to have you abord. Can't wait for your profile

CurvyKitten

I'm toying with the idea of a shadow mage or something along those lines.

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 25, 2013, 04:20:25 PM
I'm toying with the idea of a shadow mage or something along those lines.
That sounds awesome a shadow mage would be useful.

1SAZ

Interested, just unsure what type of magic I want to run with. Decisions, decisions...

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: 1SAZ on September 25, 2013, 10:19:16 PM
Interested, just unsure what type of magic I want to run with. Decisions, decisions...
okay :3 I can't wait for your profile.

RainyHigh

YES! A rp I've been wanting to join for quite some time. I will work on a CS later though as I am heading off to work right now. Ja ne!
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: RainyHigh on September 26, 2013, 08:31:53 AM
YES! A rp I've been wanting to join for quite some time. I will work on a CS later though as I am heading off to work right now. Ja ne!
I'm Glad :3 Can't wait to see your profile.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Smitten Endymion on September 25, 2013, 05:14:51 PM
That sounds awesome a shadow mage would be useful.
Quote from: Smitten Endymion on September 25, 2013, 03:36:11 PM
glad to have you abord. Can't wait for your profile

Sorry for the delay, been fighting with headaches these past few days. But I am going to try and get that CS up today. :)

Tamhansen

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 26, 2013, 10:53:57 AM
Sorry for the delay, been fighting with headaches these past few days. But I am going to try and get that CS up today. :)
Sorry to hear kitten. Hope you'll be better soon.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 26, 2013, 10:53:57 AM
Its alright, your health comes first :3

Fredasce

Oh, Smitten, I forgot to ask you, in which city will the rp be set?

My O/O's
Request Thread

CurvyKitten

Name: Tempest Valentine
Magical Type: Shadow mage
Magical Type Explanation: Tempest has a the power over shadows, she can manipulate them to create illusions (though they are clearly shadow.) Shadow Mimicry where Tempest herself can transform into or have a physical body made up of shadows.  Shadow Armor where she can create armor around the user's body from darkness/shadow, Shadow camouflage where she can disappear into the shadows, she can also animate her shadow to work for her, it has even been known to fight for her. The two things she is still working on is making solid constructs from the shadows and traveling within the shadows. In truth her abilities are always growing as she has never found a true teacher of this art she has to learn new skills by pushing her skills on her own. Due to her power she also has the ability to see in complete darkness,

Personality:
Tempest is like the shadows, mysterious, with a dark sense of humor. She seems to keep parts of herself closed off and hidden away from people. So she never really talks about her past, just tid bits here and there. But she is not shy, forward, flirty, strong, and stubborn. She has a passion for music, and is very intelligent though doesn't flaunt it. She seems to have a fiery spirit that struggles with the darkness within. It may seem like she is hiding something deep within her. Only her eyes seem to give away any hint to the caged passion hidden with her.

The mixture of darkness and light having found a delicate balance within herself. She tries to maintain that balance, but there are times when the darkness within almost seems to over shadow the light within her soul. A struggle she continues to have within herself, but for now it is a struggle she is winning.

Description: Tempest stands at 5' 8'' tall, has blonde hair and vibrant blue eyes. Her measurements are 34-25-35B, her lithe body has soft famine curves, and legs that seem to go on for days. Her light and beautiful appearance is almost the true counter part to her dark powers.
Pic 2
Pic 3

Background:
Not much is known about Tempests origins, she was simply dropped off at the church steps on evening. Like the horrible movie cliché, only there was no sad note or tearful goodbye. The true identity of her parents was unknown, but there was magic and darkness in her blood. Her father is a dark wizard, and her mother was unwilling young witch who fell under his spell. Only once he had taken all that he wanted from her mother she was turned away. Little did the wizard know that the young woman carried his child. Her mother couldn't bear to raise the child. Not only scared of what she may become, but the constant reminder of what happened to her.

So there she was, a small baby with bright blue eyes left on some steps and expected to learn how to survive all on her own. Originally named Jessica Smith she was put into the foster system. Being bounced from home to home she never stayed anywhere long enough to make any real life, friends or home. Most of the adults would comment on her strange behaviors, and say she was simply to much to handle. In truth they were scared of the strange things that would happen around her. Shadows playing on walls, dark shadows haunting the halls, and her ability to just pop out of now where always served to make any adult unnerved by her.

At the age of 14 Jessica got tired of being bounced around and ran away. She took to the streets and found that she had a whole new way of life available to her. She took to stealing and simply doing what was needed to survive. Taking on a new name because she never wanted to remember being some tossed around little girl. Tempest Valentine had a wonderful sound too it, enticing, unpredictable, passionate and untamed. She thought it suited her well, and she took on the new persona with gusto. Traveling the world and finding her gifts could get whatever she wanted. Tempest lived a rather good life, all be it a dark and somewhat lonely one.

What she didn't know was during this time she was being watched. Not only by those that keep to the shadows...but Compass SC as well. It was only a matter of time before one or the other struck and took her. And maybe to her luck it was Compass SC that came to collect her first. Their first meeting didn't go to well, as no thief wants to be caught. But soon their offers and the lack of running room became too much to turn down. It didn't hurt that they promised to teach her how to find balance in her life. How to be able to go into the sunlight without feeling like it hurt, and possibly how to control her powers even more then she already could.

Years passed and she was shown how to fight, and hone the skills that she already held. In truth there was no one that knew very much about her particular abilities. What they did know was that it came from a much older time, when darkness and fear ruled the world. But they promised to help her find balance. And with different tests, training, meditations, struggle and a stubbornness that could not be matched Tempest found that balance. And now still works for Compass SC. Not only trying to find others of her kind, but to possibly find a purpose and true home for herself.

RainyHigh

Name: Milena Jones

Magical Type: Banshee

Magical Type Explanation:
Quote from: Inderland Races WikiThe Banshee is a humanoid apex predator (even higher than the undead vampire) and feeds exclusively on emotional energy that comes from the victim's aura. They are extremely powerful and can kill without touching their prey. Banshee are exclusively female, and reproduction usually involves the death of any male they choose due to the extremely large amount of energy they draw during mating to produce a child. There are typically only a few per city, as they are extremely territorial. All Banshee can create something known as a Banshee's tear, a tear-shaped item that is left by the Banshee in emotionally charged areas so that the emotional energy can be devoured at a later date. Banshee children are unable to control their powers until the age of 5, and so will kill anyone who come into direct contact with them if they are not closely monitored by their parent. Any child born will become an almost carbon copy of their mother, as the male's genetic information is slowly worn away by the Banshee genes.

Personality: Milena is a very nice woman at heart. Yet she comes off as cold, brute, and sometimes mean. Usually within 24 hours of feeding off her banshee tear, Milena is extremely touchy; she usually gushing pleasantries and is more willing to go along with crazy ideas.

Background: While Milena may not have any magical abilities besides draining other creatures of their emotions, energy and life force, Milena backs that up with knowing hand to hand combat. Specializing in kickboxing, it took Milena years to become the excellent fighter she is today. She would only allow herself to train after eating her tears and she is only able to produce them once every three days.

Milena was born to her single mother Ileana Jones eight months after her father passed away. Ileana and Mark Jones were a happily married couple, it was not until they were married for fourteen years that Ileana and Mark decided that they would have a child together even though they knew the risk of him surviving. He died two days after Ileana conceived Milena. Ileana treasured Milena, and kept her close by her until she was five years old and began to learn to control her power. At the age of 13, Milena was finally allowed to go to public school after years of being home schooled. Milena was made to eat her mother's tears, which her mother had been saving. Because of this Milena made sure to do her best at learning and behaved at school. It was not hard to do after all since Milena enjoyed school even though she did not make many friends.

When Milena turned 17, her mother began to distance herself from her. She knew the day was approaching where she would have to part ways from her mother so she could find her own territory to feed off since her appetite would increase significantly. At the age of 18, Milena parted ways from her mother and moved to a larger city that had no living banshee for a good 20-mile radius. She established it as hers and started at the community college learning ceramics and the art of pottery. During her first year, Milena slipped up and nearly killed one of her classmates that was emotional after having a car crash in the parking lot. The next day Compass SC took her in. She was shown how to fight and use her ability to protect humans from other supernatural's that wanted them dead.

Now almost 30, Milena has learned to control her powers well enough to feed from multiple people at the same time so they will not suspect anything is wrong with them. She has even been able to pick one emotion to feed upon, for instance she could make someone who was tormented with guilt feel innocent. She hardly drains happiness from people, it is a difficult emotion to grasp, but pain and sadness are Milena's usual picks. Milena can feed with touch, or sight. If she is touching someone, she will feel for the particular emotion and snatch it from their aura. If feeding by sight, she will separate their emotion from their aura, which requires a lot of focus. She will inhale the energy she needs in either situation, but she has to be within a 12-foot radius to the person.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: Fredasce on September 26, 2013, 02:15:02 PM
Oh, Smitten, I forgot to ask you, in which city will the rp be set?
Its a fictional one, just called the city the locations are up in the first post. I'm leaving it open so people can say they are from anywhere on the planet with out much difficulty. Might name it if you need a name Let me know if you do.

Fredasce

Quote from: Smitten Endymion on September 27, 2013, 05:38:32 AM
Its a fictional one, just called the city the locations are up in the first post. I'm leaving it open so people can say they are from anywhere on the planet with out much difficulty. Might name it if you need a name Let me know if you do.

Oh, don't worry then! I was just curious.

My O/O's
Request Thread

Smitten Endymion

mainsnoires

Name: John Stonewolf
Magical Type: Wild Magic
Magical Type Explanation: Knowledge concerning this ancient magic vanished in time. For some, it could be the sign of someone using a type of magic close to the nature and Earth, to others it is the sign of someone who regressed and decided to forget his condition of man to become something else, wilder, more primitive. The truth lies in between. This magic allows its user to hold for a limited time the abilities of the animals realm. Depending of how the Mage is strong within this magic, he could wield the capacity of several animals at the same time, however this has not been seen in a while. Usually the Mage favors several animals by choice and adopt their aptitudes regularly (scent, claws, wings, far-seeing, breathing underwater, resist to thirst, starvation, agility, bear-strength, sonar... are examples).

The drawback of this type of magic, and the reason why it was less and less taught or explored, is that the Mage may end up losing his human nature to turn into the beast he liked to mimic the capacities of, making of them uncontrollable powerful mages, driven by wild instincts, eventually killing machines.
For these reasons There are no schools nor teachers/elders for this type of magic, yet it is strong in the blood and the birth.
Also, it is not possible to adopt the capacities of magical creatures (drakes etc...). On a final note, it is possible but strictly not recommended to fully turn into one animal of choice, the risk to remain under the shape of the aforementioned animal being quite important. Coming back to the human form could then be considered as an internal fight between human's Will and animal's primal instincts.

Personality: A strict and tormented childhood is at the center of John's personality. His father was strong in the Wild Magic, the stronger any have seen in a long time, and he was quickly eaten by his instincts, educating John in a sadistic and hard way. Eventually, John broke free from his Father's influence early, learning alone how to handle his life. Coming back to his family was a mistake since it is at that time he learned his Mother was long murdered by his father's hands, and he was heir of not only the Wild Magic, but also potentially of his Father's curse and fate. Since then, John is reluctant to establish bonds of friendship with other persons, and is a rather solitary mage, preferring acting in solo than in group.

Description: A smoker and a drinker, John seems nevertheless to always be in control of his emotions. He is tall (6'2")and rather thin. When he makes the use of his magic, his eyes color shift to gold.

Background: John left the comfort of his home early to escape from his Father's madness. Despite the fact his Mother was too using the Wild Magic, she always seemed to be able to control it with great ease. She was a lighter example of how to wield this power, compared to the more aggressive way his Father was exhibiting.
John was on his own at 16 years old, with only rare memories of how good his Father could be, compared to what he had become. He managed to follow a normal education, working when he could to get the money that would allow him to survive and share a place to live with roommates. In the end, this was the happier moment of John's life. The fact he inherited his parents magic became truth when he turned 18 and was able to understand what his girlfriend's dog was thinking. At that particular moment, his life changed. He returned to see his family, only to learn that his Mother was in a "holiday trip" and his Father lived recluse in his manor. Truth was that John's mother was killed weeks ago by his Father during one of his access of rage, and he had hidden her corpse, buried under their house. She was not the only body buried there..a lot of people had gone missing in the last few years in the vicinity of John's birth town. Seeking his Father's advises, John was only offered the brutal truth of what he will become, and how he should follow his Father's teaching. If at the beginning John listened and agreed on learning what his Father knew, after a few weeks, John discovered what his Father had done.

"You inherited this power and my blood runs into your veins...you will become just like me. Now, either you follow me, and together we can become the rulers of this region..or you can face me and die...like my wife did."

These were the word of his Father when John confronted him with what he had discovered. The two battled and it is only because the Compass SC, who was investigating on the missing persons in the area, intervened that John was saved and his Father defeated. This was almost 10 years ago. During these years John entered the Compass SC, learned to accept his condition, his powers and searched how to use this magic in a way to prevent beasts like his Father to do harm. He left his past life behind, staying rather lonely and rarely accepting working with others, something accepted by the Agency seeing the "dangerous case" John represents. John's father is imprisoned in a special security Jail, and from time to time John visits him. Now things are changing.

SugarAndSpice

Name: Elia Haywood
Magical Type: Illusionary Magic
Magical Type Explanation: This kind of magic is often confused with the pretence of stage magicians, in fact many who follow this path naturally end up in show business. Some of the greatest stage magicians of all time are rumoured to have possessed these kind of powers. Elia is able to produce many different kinds of illusions, from producing a rabbit from a top hat to containing a person in their own personal hell. However the strength of the illusion is reliant on several factors. The number of those present, their will power and Elia's own stamina.
Personality: In keeping with the spirit of stage magic Elia in talkative, bubbly and quick to make friends over what many people would see as trivial reasons. If you happened to like the same book as her she will happily chatter about it for hours.  She adores reading and the movies, often re-reading and re-watching her favourites when she has a chance. She is loyal and will defend her friends and family to the end.
Description: 5"7, lithe, dimples on her cheeks when she smiles, which is often. Fond of wearing bright colours and sparkles, which can be problematic when on missions
Background: Elia grew up in a travelling circus, her Mother and Father were the ringleaders and were also skilled in illusionary magic. Elia spent her days helping to run the circus, learning her craft from her parents while trying all manner of other circus acts. As her magic relied on her stamina she learnt to be an acrobat, dance and throw knives. When she was 16 the Compass came to visit the circus after a spate of unusual animal mutilations, the culprit turned out to be a shape shifter which was quickly apprehended. Elia was immediately swept away with the excitement of the work that they did and asked them incessantly if she could join them. Eventually they replied saying that if she worked hard on her craft she would be granted a probationary period when she turned 20. The trial run was a success and a year later Elia still isn't over the excitement of it all.