St. Augustine's Preparatory Academy for Girls (M for F)

Started by Denivar, October 03, 2012, 12:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denivar

Set in an alternate history where the reformation never occurred, the Catholic Church has retained hegemony as the religious authority in Western Europe. The thirteen colonies never declared independent from Britain, and likewise Spain and France were able to retain control of most of their colonies. Electronics were never developed, and great steamships filled with cannons rule the seas, and air travel is made possible through great airships. "Computers" are great steam-driven behemoths used in business and the sciences.

The year is 2012, and Victorian-style morals still prevail. In addition to the technological backwards-ness compared to the real world, belief in magic, witchcraft, and the supernatural prevails heavily throughout the western world. Many believe that magic is real, and perhaps it is.

St. Augustine's Preparatory Academy for Girls is a prestigious institution in New England. Sixteen year old girls are enrolled and made into proper ladies by the time they finish at twenty-one. The tuition charged at St. Augustine's is exorbitant, but gladly paid by well-off families given the school's excellent reputation. Other girls are admitted to St. Augustine's on a scholarship, offered by the school to girls with excellent academic records, in the hope that they can continue the school's good name through their academic prowess. Naturally, this leads to girls from very different socio-economic strata attending the school.

St. Augustine's hires high quality teachers with excellent reputations and then gives them large amounts of leeway in how they teach. Many use strict discipline in their classrooms to ensure both academic excellence and enforce morale behavior. Tenured teachers often abuse their power for their own gratification and enjoyment.

This role play would be a GM-run role play, where your character would be a young lady entering her freshman year at the school. I would create and control the cast of other characters -- the other students at the school, the teachers, and anyone else you might encounter. A very open role play where anything can happen, depending on what your character does. The role play will feature a mix of diabolical and comical characters, with plenty of action and intrigue. The are also many other themes that can be explored -- religious themes, demons and vampires could feature at some point, aspects of slavery and so forth.

If I find multiple good quality partners for this role play I'm also open to running 'parallel games' that occasionally have cross-overs. (But with an emphasis on keeping each one as an individual game. I find that group games get too bogged down).

Please PM me if interested.
"If you go to see the woman, do not forget the whip." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ons and Offs -- Roleplay Ideas -- Apologies, Absences, Excuses, that sort of thing

anne sophie

hello, this something i could be interested in...Its something...that allures me...teacher taking power over the student.....depending were you are willing to take it.

just let me know

Joanne87

I would join if there is still a empty seat and if you accept me^^
"Wenn du dich mit dem Teufel einlässt verändert sich nicht der Teufel, der Teufel verändert dich."