Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, February 26, 2014, 11:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

Vennar was a tall, raven-haired, middle-aged blacksmith who stood over an anvil, beating his newest sword into shape, occasionally looking over his shoulder towards the doorway to his forge. His children were yet to return, and after what had happened to his brother he feared for them being out alone in the city.

He picked up the sword, giving it a few practice swings and smiling as he saw that it was perfect as usual. This one was intended for a special use however, one he had long expected to come but had still dreaded. He walked over to where a small painting of a beautiful young woman hung, kneeling down in front of it and closing his eyes for a moment, before looking up at the image.

"I am sorry Ainur," he said quietly. "I have failed you. I promised I would protect our children from the wars that scarred this world, but now I fear they have no choice in the matter. I would go myself but...at my age I fear I would not make it. They don't realise the task I am about to give to them though."

rouwdy

The wind starts to pick up blowing dust into the air. Judith had been out all day looking for leather. Markos who was the normal supplier was short and said he had a big order to fill and had none spare. After a few unsuccessful stops she journeyed to the next town where they where famous for their high quality leather. It cost though. She was a good negotiator and talked the price down a fair bit, but was still over budget. Only just but she hated being over. With the long trek home almost completed her mood starts to pick up as she sees light shining through the open door of the forge. She spurs the family horse up for the last 100 meters struggling to keep her hair out of her face. She dismounts quickly and ties the family horse up and rushes in to apologize for being out all day when she spots her father on his knees in front of her mothers picture. She silently drops down next to him feeling him slightly jump as she wraps an arm around him.

Lady Jenn

"Judith," he said. "Sorry, I should've expected you home but certain things have happened." He hugged her before taking his hammer back to its hook above the fire. "Your uncle was taken prisoner last night, I have had no word but...we both know what that means." He walked back to the picture. "What on earth would your mother think if she could see me now?" He jumped as he heard a loud knock on the door behind him. "Stay here," he said, picking up the freshly-forged blade and heading for the door, opening it cautiously before relaxing when he saw the old woman waiting on the other side.

"Vennar, is that anyway to treat your guests when they come to see you?" she asked with a laugh as she stepped inside. "Judith, it has been too long, probably too long for you to remember. I am Elian, I was a friend of both your parents and I saw a lot of you when you were a young child." She turned to Vennar. "If we are to make our move we must do it tonight Vennar, please tell me you have told her of our plan?"