Concessionis's Desires

Started by concessionis, November 04, 2008, 09:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

concessionis

I'm new to play-by-post threaded RPs, and I would prefer to write my first few stories with those who have more experience than I do, so I can ask questions and learn from the experience. Thank you.

;D  “Festivaaaal!“- [VAN-H] M/F

Before the morning dew turns to frost, sometime of late Summer or early Fall in the breadbasket of America, harvest first yields the last of the season’s outdoor marijuana. Only then can the long and deep rows of cornstalks be shorn from the fields, when its camouflaging protection of the illegal crop has outlived its purpose. The sight of these expansive patches of newly mown farmland is a reminder to all of the hippies, “Last call for Festivaaaal!”

In Southeastern Missouri, along the White River, is GrizzlyLyon’s--one of those places that are known only by those who kindly should. This privately owned land is an ideal location for hippies to gather, as Grizzly’s neighboring town of Morterville is both miles away and scantily populated, so the risks of noise complaints and law enforcement interference are minimal. Not far beyond the metal gates at the mouth of the campgrounds, is the office, a large outdoor stage, and a vast clearing with room enough to accommodate a thousand audience members and to permit stands for a few vendors. Save for that main area and a small section further back for access to the river, the acres of campsites are shrouded by thick woodland.

The date has been set, and three days’ worth of musical acts have been named. The tickets are all sold out. Everyone is eager to rejoin their freedom family and to make this year’s final celebration one to remember for a lifetime.

My character, Samantha (Sam, age 22), has never been to Festival, but she has been in a major funk lately. Sam’s weird uncle Eric takes notice of her depression, gifts her a ticket, and offers to drive--if she’ll promise to try to let her hair down. He says this trip will, “…not only open your eyes,  but weaken your demons and renew your spirit.” Although Sam doubts him, she really has nothing to lose.

Sam needs a friend in this cool-but-strange new world, as Eric soon disappears to do his own thing shortly after they arrive, and she’s too unsure of herself to venture forth on her own. Will your character be Sam’s friend? He can be new to Festival, too, and they can explore together, or he can be the man with a backpack full of broken wristbands who gives her the guided tour--I don’t care. Hell, he can even be one of the musicians booked for the shows, a roadie, a vendor, or one of the employees of the grounds, if we discuss it beforehand. I want them to love one another as hippies will, but I’m not looking to marry her off or anything. Besides, late Thursday afternoon until Sunday night is all the time they’ll have together at Festival, unless they make other arrangements. Nothing is set in stone.

Does anyone fancy an adults-only Festival with several concerts by professional musicians, campfire jams, drum circles, sexy hula-hoop girls, Deadheads, Rastafarians, Wookies (not the Star Wars kind, the Wookiefoot fans--here‘s what I mean.), Deadheads (Yeah, I said it twice, but there‘s two kinds!), dancers, glow stick shows, tie-dyes, hemp jewelry and products, other handmade crafts, odd fashions and costumes, various states of undress, socially acceptable nudity and public sex, dank nuggets, and free love?

(Bonus points for anyone who PMs me with the actual name of the place I’ve taken as ’inspiration’ for GrizzlyLyon’s. Please don‘t write it in the thread, as I wouldn’t be able to discern who really knows from who is simply copying the answer. Thank you.)

:o  “A Gift of Depravity”- [EX-H] Dom M, sub F Taken. Working with Mathim

O/O<>1-1