D&D Next is released today!

Started by Skynet, July 03, 2014, 07:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zekromnomnom

I've never really played with a group that was much into the roleplaying aspect or sociopolitical stuff so from what I hear, this would be fun to me from a "battles are still fun" kind of perspective. Then again, that's how I often am as a player. I really like fighting monsters. If there's some neat or even compelling reason for me to, all the better. I've still only looked at the PH, so I doubt I'll be switching any time soon.

DarknessBorne

Reading all of this makes me seriously want to try a D&D 5E/Next game.  And it's been quite some time since any new edition of Dungeons and Dragons ginned up any degree of enthusiasm for me to change editions.
Currently OPEN to new RPs.

RubySlippers

Our gaming group plays AD&D 1st Edition twice a month and D&D Next twice a month, the best of both worlds.  ;D

DarknessBorne

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 26, 2015, 12:14:16 PM
Our gaming group plays AD&D 1st Edition twice a month and D&D Next twice a month, the best of both worlds.  ;D

Oh where oh where is this group, so when I make it big I can hop on my LearJet and make it out there for Game Night?
Currently OPEN to new RPs.

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: DarknessBorne on January 25, 2015, 05:59:24 PM
Reading all of this makes me seriously want to try a D&D 5E/Next game.  And it's been quite some time since any new edition of Dungeons and Dragons ginned up any degree of enthusiasm for me to change editions.

I feel the same way. ...Well... I think. Sort of. 4E was exciting in some ways, but didn't quite capture my interest in others, and I was pretty out of the loop for most of 3E until I came back to the game when it was the default for most people... so that doesn't really count. But still.

I love the look of 5E, and I have been hoping that I'll get the chance to try it.

Greenwoodtree

I'm glad I found this thread so I can gush over how much I LOVE/ADORE 5th edition.

It definitely trumps 4e...which was ridiculous, especially for people like me who can't make a decision when they level up over what to add to their overly huge (already) collections of skills, spells, or abilities.   

2e was good too...but 5e has it all.  And what I really like about 5e character development is that there are still so many ways to personalize a character.  Feats for one...what a cool addition, but doing away with the overly dense amount that 4e had.

I am planning my first 5e campaign to run soon nearby.  I think I've finally got a grasp on the world I want to create, and where the adventures will lead..

Oh, and the books are GORGEOUS.
"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice.  Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."

Let's only say what our Hearts desire.
~Rumi

My Requests:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243061.0
My Apologies: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224775.0
My Preferences:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56044