Fiinal Fantasy of a different tune (I think...)

Started by SinXAzgard21, April 11, 2011, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

So this is just a quick thought I came up with and hopefully it takes off....  I'd like to create a Final Fantasy game but not of the typical sorts, in this game I'd like for the players to play as Espers whom take a humanoid form and set out to the planet.  While there they have only a fraction of their normal power and being as they are summons themselves they cannot summon other creatures, but they can take their true form but with a catch.  Taking their true form causes them to lose sanity eventually making them return to their home world, which I'm calling Nether until someone comes up with a better name, for a period of time. 

I'm looking for this to be free form or system if someone has a system that could some how fit it... doubtful though.  Post here, pm me or IM me if you are interested here... After I get at least three people not including myself I'll make and OOC and character thread.  Bahamut, Odin, Gilgamesh and Ark will not be available till a plot is discussed.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

SpiralSpider

I would very much like to join this game! I have experience with 7, 9 and my favorite - Tactics.

Who I'd like to play:
1st choice - Phoenix
2nd choice - Sylph
3rd choice - Siren
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

SinXAzgard21

I haven't come up with a character skeleton yet, if you want to draw up your character just pm it to me before you post it up here.

Tydorei

When you say human form, do you mean they look just like humans. (or whatever races are available) Or could one tell they are not from this world.

SinXAzgard21

Humanoid, just not something really over the top like a 6 foot tall Moogle.

Revenent

As a big fan of the series, I'd be interested in taking part in this. I think my first choice would be Alexander, then maybe Ifrit or Kjata after that.

pimpdan

SinXAzgard21

pimpdan

SinXAzgard21

Okay, so I've decided that its time to start posting up characters.  Go ahead and post them up here and I'll go over them. 

Revenent

Did you want them posted here, or PMed for confirmation?

SinXAzgard21

On here, I can look them over as well as post mine up.... Though before everyone posts I need to know who is playing who.

Revenent

I guess I'll take Alexander, unless someone else wants him.

pimpdan

Esper/GF: Diablos
Name: Syvus Darkshade

Appearance:
Human form:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Real form:

Combat Style: Caster
Abilities:
Dark
Darkra
Slow
Haste
Demi spell chain
Mug
Float

When in true form can use Dark Messenger

found a pic I like :D

SinXAzgard21

okay, just list out any abilities that he'd have in human form and he is good... I like the human pic.

SinXAzgard21

Umm, I knew I forgot to Alexander to the list of 'unplayable for the time being'...  Ark, Alexander, Bahamut, Gilgamesh and Odin are on that list for being powerhouses of the summon world... I know Gilgamesh is an odd one but considering the weapons he posses I'd rather not have him walking around at the start of the game....  The story will first take place in the world of Nether.  The summons have a monarchy with Bahamut as the leader to it... If anyone would like to argue that fact please feel free... I want this game to be player involved not just me leading the way.

pimpdan

SinXAzgard21

Okay, so maybe I needed to clarify this more than I did... Your character isn't going to be the carbon copy of Diablos.  So, no death spells or anything that can stop someone nor are you a healer.  I can say yes to being linked to dark magic and the time space magic, though one has to be minor.  And your character is a caster type correct?

pimpdan

ahh okay, yeah I just looked at the abilities he was linked with and has when you fight him >.<

Will lose cure spell chain, doom and stop and make dark only go up to darkra. That sound fair?

SinXAzgard21

pimpdan

made the changes :D

also may or may not depending on how it goes have him start with all of these

SinXAzgard21

The start of the game will entail them being thrown out of Nether and forced into human form until they can access their true power.  We are not going to start this game out with everyone knowing how to change from humanoid to a Esper just because it would be awesome.  Nether is at war with itself, two sides are fighting in conflict... Bahamut and Ark.  I will appoint those to characters when the times comes for them but as it stands Ark rules over Nether and Bahamut is sealed on the human world along with those who sided against Ark... You may choose sides, but there will be no character killing at all and as for fighting against another player we can work out some form of system.

Revenent

Human Name: Sanjuro (he's not the type to bother with a last name)
Allied With: Bahamut
Appearance:
Human Form -
(minus the bandage)
Real Form -

Combat Style: Bodyguard (never starts a fight, usually stays out of the way unless an ally is in danger)
Abilities:
Daigoro - Yojimbo's dog, Daigoro, attacks, assuming you're going to allow Daigoro to join him in the human world (he'd take on a normal form as well).
Kozuka - Yojimbo whips a few throwing knives.
Wakizashi - Just a flashier sword combo.
Gil Toss - Absolute last resort for him.
Blind
Silence
Poison

SinXAzgard21

Do remember to put whose faction you are under, may it be Bahamut or Arks. 

Revenent: Daigoro can be there as well considering that he is apart of the summon.

Revenent

I'm having a hard time deciding what faction he should be, since he'll just be going with whichever side pays him better. I see him as having a little bit of a sense of honor, so I guess I'll stick him with Bahamut as long as he's willing to pay him something.