Feed my Muse. (F seeking Literate co-writers)

Started by Malrunar, April 08, 2013, 10:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malrunar

If you’ve stumbled upon my page, chances are you’re curious as to what plots I might possibly have in mind; or perhaps you’re simply looking for a compatible partner?  If you define yourself as one of E’s literate individuals, then you’re in the right place. Sex is fun, but I enjoy character building and plot more and I find that if I can’t fall in love with the characters and what they’re experiencing, the sex is dull, flat and far from interesting.

My ideal partner is creative, contributes to the story rather than just following it and isn’t afraid to add a few twists and turns in order to test what our characters are made of. An average of three paragraphs is preferred, as well as complete sentences, proper grammar and decent punctuation. It's also nice if they re-read their posts before sending them in order to make sure it flows smoothly. No one is perfect, and I don’t want perfect. I just want to be immersed into our alternative world and be swept away by it.

Still interested? Think you qualify? Awesome.

Below will be a list of ideas that I’m willing to morph into solid plots. Feel free to PM me if anything here catches your eye, otherwise, if you respond to these messages I’ll just ignore you. Sorry, but I like to try and keep things nice and tidy around here.  ;D

A few other things I'd like to see in my partner:

- Patience: Please don't rush me to post. I might not be 'feeling' the character, or I might be super busy.
- Understanding: Life comes first. I work full time, I also go to school full time and try to have something of a social life on the weekends. I might not always be on, ready to compose more than a few posts a week.
- Punctuation: Pet-Peeve of mine- sentences that run on forever without any punctuation to break it up. >_>
- Contribution: It's our story.

Malrunar

-:Pairings:-

* Indicates the roles I think I would rather play, although depending on the plot, I'm willing to negotiate.

*Detective/Vigilante   (Origional, or Marvel/DC!)
*Criminal/Detective
*Human/Drow
*Thief/Mage
*Human/Vampire
*Human/Werecreature   
*Witch/Ancient Being   
*Human/Alien
*Princess/Mercenary
*Present/Past (Time travel)
*F/M
*f/F? (Willing to try this one with the right plot and partner.)
*Something in the 'Being Human' universe!

I do have a soft-spot for romance, but I also adore N/C pairings. An evolution from the first into the second is usually preferred, but I would rather find a natural balance between our characters than to force something that doesn't quite fit.

*** If a comic book setting is your preference, I prefer to play OC's rather than cannon characters. Please keep that in mind! :)

Malrunar

-:Plots:-

* Denotes craving level.

*  * The Mummy:-   Well… not exactly. Or rather, not specifically a mummy. I have a very vague idea that’s mostly supported and encouraged from the Indiana Jones movies and ‘the Mummy’. An archaeologist and a small group are forced to battle against a cursed being raised from the dead or has been sleeping for the last dozen centuries. Now they’re being hunted by this creature and struggling to survive, looking to find a way to put it to a stop before its too late. Okay, maybe that's actually a very vague description of the Mummy. Either way I think it would be fun to do.

*  * Pirates:- For this one I don’t actually have a plot in mind, but I would like to find something that involves a search for a myth while the rest of the world is on the brink of war. Our characters can be a cliche Captain who takes a woman on board who knows the way, or it can stretch onto far darker tales. Maybe she was kidnapped in a raid, and (credited to the movie, Waterworld) they discover a strange map tattooed onto the woman's back. This surely will lead to rich treasures.

* * * * Firefly:- I’d love to find an RP for this. If not with the original crew, then our own character tryin’ to make a living out in the black. I personally prefer playing an OC over cannon, and wouldn’t mind too much making this into a group RP, if a tantalizing plot-line could be formed, and the right group willing to work together.

*  * Space-Junk:- Jax liked to stake a claim on the 'good guy' list, but truth be told, she settled somewhere between there, and that of the bad guys. Sometimes she stole things, sometimes she sold them to the highest bidder, but really you got to do what you got to do in order to survive and make a living. It wasn't that she was greedy, she just happened to be an adrenaline junky and enjoyed taking high risks. One particular risk, however, was far more extreme than she anticipated; what looked to be a curious trinket that promised a handsome payment, instigated a galactic war that now has both sides on her tail. It's too late to simply put it back and pretend that this mistake had never happened; she has to pick a side this time, and stick with it.

There's only one problem; alright, maybe two. The first is that the 'trinket' she stole is dangerous, capable of creating black-holes and destroying planets. The other was him, a man who was equally dangerous and happy to make the choices for her. He claims to be with the 'good guys', but its hard to believe that when he reminded her so much of... well, herself.

* Follow the White Rabbit:-  Her whole life had been a fabricated dream: they called her Zoe, they implanted memories of people, places and family vacations that never existed and kept her away from the truth and real memories buried deep within her psyche. She was supposed to be controlled, a perfect weapon that would give them the advantage and allow their company to remain in power. She was also an investment, one worth billions in precious research that lasted a quarter of a century. She was their closest guarded secret.

But this company had pissed off the wrong people, people who were mighty and powerful, as well as discreet. When they went in to sabotage the rumored 'Project: Echo', the last thing they expected to find was a naked woman in stasis, guarded more heavily than the president himself. This was just the sort of invitation the group needed, and so confiscated their prize. Turns out this 'Zoe' wasn't just a pretty face; she had the ability to read thoughts and move with the grace and speed of a large cat. She healed faster than normal, could disable an armed opponent with ease and all without hesitation. But she was unstable, suffered from migraines that were crippling at times and nightmares about experiments she wasn't supposed to recall. What was she supposed to believe anymore? What was real and what was a fabricated reality?

Freedom doesn't last forever, and just when Zoe is starting to get answers, she's located once more by the organization that had created her. New friends are targets, and everything she touched was now contamination that the organization was looking to destroy. She was their secret that they had hoped to keep buried for a little while longer, and won't stop at anything to make sure they got her back.

* * * * Lady Luck:- I want to base a story around the concept of there being mutants: maybe this takes place in the world of the X-men, or maybe it’s an original creation between my partner and I? Honestly, in that regard I don’t really care either way. The basic idea is that this character’s ‘power’ is luck (Sort of like Domino). Good luck, bad luck, sometimes it all one in the same. Since she was a child, she was bought, stolen and sold into the custody of one rich overlord to the next, found as a curious little trinket that often increased their profits.

She’s desired for her abilities –yet there are those out there who had caught the ‘bad luck’ and wish now to see her dead. For the last nine months, the mutant has been in hiding, until photographs began to surface as her location was leaked. The idea would be to have two teams competing to get their hands on her. The good guys, who intend to educate her and help her go back into hiding, and the bad guys, who want nothing more than to take advantage of her good luck while it lasted, and recycle her once they were through with her. Or, even more likely, sell her to those who wanted her dead, once they were finished with what they started.

* * * * * An Unlikely Pair:- She was a hot-headed detective who ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time; an event that should have killed her. For 12 seconds it did, but instead of fading away to nothing, she was revived and found herself trying to coexist in a world she no longer understood. The world of the supernatural was open to her, and while she was still human, still mortal and could very well die again, she could see things she wasn't supposed to see, and quickly it caught the attention of those in the supernatural world who were struggling to keep order.

An unlikely pairing was forced upon her; the woman couldn't be trusted to simply continue on in ignorance less she potentially hurt someone in the future. So, to keep an eye on her as well as to hire her uncanny talents for tracking down the monsters and submitting them, she's working along with a dangerous and volatile creature from the world she's just now learning exists. They don't trust each other but they're forced to depends on each other, and a rocky relationship placing each other's life in their hands often leads to head-butting and fights. The increasing sexual attraction between the two doesn't make anything easier, either, but if one bails out on the other, it means death for the both of them.

* * Snared in Seaweed:- The ideas are based on these three photos. Pick your poison!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn313/NovemberWerewolf/Male%20Characters/c730c88eb09eef3e10a48719f223333e-d63g4vr.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn313/NovemberWerewolf/Male%20Characters/Seastalkers_by_ericDeschamps.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn313/NovemberWerewolf/Male%20Characters/a68e2da0dfc6e69f2e2a9d2a9a7abab5.jpg

I've a few ideas with this one, but it all depends on the type of character my partner is willing to play. So these can act as basic molds to get a story plot in the works. Feel free to suggest some of your own!

<> A small fishing village has struggled over the last few decades with harassment, but not from any bandits that roamed the trails leading away from the cost. The demonstrations have been coming from the sea by a group of aggressive merfolk who don't like having humans so close to their sacred grove. What was supposed to be a deterrent to keep the humans away from their sacred grounds has suddenly blown out of control. It seems that one of the war-chiefs of the merfolk has gone against orders to begin pillaging the village despite the fact that there had been no antagonizing. Stealing goods and burning houses to the ground was a start; but pumping adrenaline and the heat of the moment also accomplished a kidnapping of a local woman, which broke all the rules of the merfolks. Their leader, a man who might be considered a prince of a king, has stripped the general of all rank and titles for his treason, and banished him. The woman now remains a curiosity that they're not sure how to deal with. --The general can seek revenge, perhaps by joining up with some pirates who look to take over the position of leader for the merfolk. I would imagine there to be some potential seamonsters involved... and who doesn't like seamonsters? I'd like to play the woman who found herself in the middle of this war, perhaps conflicted as to which side to stand on, or even how to survive with all of this going on. Perhaps she was the general's obsession, an object he had constantly watched swimming naked and decided to make things interesting? Or, perhaps the woman was set adrift after her ship had sank, either by pirates, a storm or some seamonster attack? Not wishing her to die ,the merfolk took her into their care, under the witness of the pirates, who then try to use her in order to get at them and all their gold? Lots of possibilities here!

I’m happy to go over more details with those interested, so feel free to suggest any ideas that come to mind.

* * * * Outlander:- Time travel is a very real thing; but it’s also quite expensive and highly illegal. However, should you have the right contacts and enough money anything is possible and even illegal activities are over-looked. That’s where a Jumper comes in; someone with specialized training and skills who travel back in time in order to carefully make changes and adjustments for their clients. She was such a Jumper, and far from new to the task, but this time things felt fishy from the beginning. Too much money for such a simple task, yet refusing wasn’t an option. Taking the job, she finds herself suddenly stranded in a time far from her own, with no connection back.

Things go from bad to worse; stranded as she is, she finds herself making contact with the people who belong in this place, far in the history books. In order to survive all of the rules are thrown out the window, swiftly leading a black mark on her file. Despite being abandoned by her organization, they now hunt for the Jumper and those she had associated with in order to cover up their mistakes and the loose end that knows too much.

<> For this one, I had three time-frames that really stuck out to me and felt appealing; the days of the Vikings, Robin Hood, and the Highlanders of Scotland. Let's put the technology-dependent woman out there in nature!

Malrunar

So... music is a large part of my inspiration, but I think photos are an even larger instigator for my muse. Bellow I'll attach those random little photos that just scream at me to do something with them. Feel free to PM me if anything sparks an interest.

Scenic Locations

Action Sequences/Scenes

Character Concepts

Malrunar

Vague ideas:

Transformers universe:-  I can't help myself. I love these movies, even the 4th one that just came out. Yeah they lack a brilliant plot but I love the action. Would love to write with someone involving the robots and a small group of humans looking to once again save the world.

War Stories:- Another vague idea. General's daughter gets kidnapped,  and a special forces task force needs to rescue her. Too bad it's not as easy as it should be.

Skyrim:-  Something set in this world would be fun. It's been a long time since I wrote anything with high fantasy.

Dragon's Dogman: Just recently began to play this game and I love the premise of it. Dragon steals heart, quest to steal it back with the aid of devoted guardians. Also the fact that you can climb onto giant creatures and battle them that way is pretty awesome!

Malrunar

AzaraelLawless

I couldnt help but see your post about a possible skyrim game. I have not done a high fantasy game myself, in quite some time, if your still interested, feel free to let me know. Hopefully i will meet your expectations.
"Inside us all, a war wages, And the side that is victorious, is the one we let loose upon the world, which side are you?"