Not Another Typical Anime RP [OOC and Always Accepting]

Started by Dark Deception, July 26, 2010, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

like it says in Syleria's profile she lives in the dorms.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Dark Deception

I added the dormitory pairings. We're having a thunderstorm here so if I go quiet, then you know my internet shut off. I will continue to add more pairings to the dorm as more people continue to RP in here.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Dark Deception

Kaiser Maverick

Dark Deception

As much as I wanted my char to have an apartment, I switched it to a dorm that way he doesn't have to travel too far. So I'll go back and edit my post lol about the bus.

pendarious

well good to see yer still alive there deception but tell me why do you choose to keep your status hidden? it's hard to tell when your on and not
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Dark Deception

Sometimes I read people's threads and I always felt if that owner of the thread ever saw me, she or he would think I'm a creeper or something. If I log off, I'll let you guys know. The storm is over so yeah that's what I meant by still alive. I'm glad I got a new internet connection because if that had been DSL, my internet would have went down at the slightest fart of a storm cloud.

pendarious

ah i see. hmm.....i run off DSL and my internet usually dies when it's about like a tornado otherwise my net is fine during storms

Dark Deception

I had Verizon DSL. I got Fios now and it's pretty sexy.

pendarious

Dark Deception

All right folks. I'm taking a break for the night to give others a chance to catch up lol. My posts tend to become sloppy when I don't spend time writing them. Just a reminder to those who may read this, the IC is up and the link is on the first page. Can't miss it.

Daril

One secret agent in training (sort of), coming right up!

Name: Yuuki Taylor
Race: Human
Abilities: Infiltration, hand to hand combat, sharpshooting.
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Blue
Height: 5'8
Weight: Is that a polite thing to ask a lady?  (Actually, I'm not sure -I would assume something reasonable for a young woman of her height.)
Basic Appearance: Yuuki is a tall young woman with waist length black hair, blue eyes and a rather large chest (as well as a nice ass).  She is generally seen around campus wearing either her uniform or motorcycle gear.  Her striking looks and aloof demeanour have earned her many fans among both genders.
Love/Crush: None as of yet.
Sexuality: Not completely sure of this yet.
Personality: Yuuki gives an impression of being very serious and focused, and most of the time she is.  However, she is also a closet romantic, and liable to go all lovey dovey as soon as she finally meets someone who is actually capable of being her Prince or Princess Charming.
History: Yuuki has been involved in a top secret government training program since early childhood.  Despite her young age, she is already a veteran of several assignments and has a proven track record.  At present she has been stationed at Typical University both in order to learn and in order to keep an eye out for the strange things that have reportedly been taking place there.
Despite her upbringing and seemingly serious demeanour, it should be noted that Yuuki has a secret love for all things romantic and dreams of someday having a charming stranger sweep her off her feet.  The only problem is that so far no one has actually managed to make that sort of impression on her.
Weapons: Possesses an ridiculously large arsenal of firearms that she keeps in her dorm room and on her person (for some reason concealing large handguns under her uniform is not a problem for her).  Her arsenal also includes knives and stun batons.
Extra: Lives in a dormitory on campus, but also possesses a high performance motorbike.  Has a secret love of kittens and puppies.

I'm sort of debating whether or not I should give her glasses.

Do you think she makes the cut?

Dark Deception

Yes, I'm just waiting for people besides me, pendarious, and elfguy to RP in the IC. If we continued it, you guys would probably be reading 2 to 3 pages of stuff.

Daril

Quick question -well, several actually.  Would it be okay if I wrote her as being alone in her dorm room for now so that someone else could move their character in as her room mate later on?  (Yuuki had better hope that they buy her excuse that her collection consists entirely of replicas and air guns. :P )

I'm thinking of starting to post as her, probably just her getting ready for the day and having breakfast at the cafeteria to begin with.  Is that okay considering that one of the classes already seems to have started, or do I need to move the timeline forward a bit?

Would it be okay if I gave her glasses and made her one of those characters who really badly needs them?  I figure it would give another anime cliche that could be played around with.

Dark Deception

Yes to everything. A lot of what you ask people just do any way. If you were doing anything wrong, I would let you know about it.

pendarious

i only have the one class going cuz i havent talked to anyone about sharing classes so i'm not running on a time frame with anyone in particular........and besides as long as you detail the timeframe of your post (which i believe we should all start doing to avoid confusion) then posts filled with events can be happening in the past and simultaniously without any real negative effects on the flow of the game.

Dark Deception

I often tend to put as a heading the location where my char is in bold so new players who join know. As for the event currently, they can read about it or ask in this OOC thread.

Dark Deception

I'm starting to think pendarious's char went to class a little early with everyone posting about breakfast. I have been keeping the time of day in my posts when I'll write about breakfast, and then later will be lunch time. But we'll see if we get through the events of the morning.

pendarious

i hate math so i was just trying to get something like that out of the way *shrugs* and ive known people to go to class between 6-8 am so *shrugs* it's workable i suppose.

Kaiser Maverick

It is. My schedule starts at 7:30am and I get out at 1:15 pm

Dark Deception

So tomorrow is my catch up in all the RPs I'm involved in day lol. I'll be posting all day tomorrow. I got a lot to write.  O:)

Kineas

This. Looks. Awesome. :3

Shoal Laretheniel is her real name, but she'll be going by Suru Lanita in an effort not to sound so out of place.

Race: Half-Elven
Abilities: She is a master of magic arts. She also has a basic training of swordsmanship and archery. She has a few standing enchantments on herself beyond the aesthetic, most notably her ability to identify whether or not something is magical just by looking at it.

Shoal's main element is electricity. Outside of electric abilities are her illusions and a short range teleportation ability. The illusions are reconfigurable in any way she can imagine, however she can only manifest enough illusion to cover about as much as a human being. She usually has about 1/8th of her illusion capacity already in use with her aforementioned effects. The short range teleportation is not to exceed 50ft, and while she can carry a few things with her during teleportation (her clothes, her bags~ other small things) she couldn't carry another person along with her, nor anything she can't lift in one hand basically. She also can't teleport repeatedly in quick succession.

She's physically fit as well, due much in part to how much she travels, and her training in swordsmanship.

Hair color: Truly, dark brown. However, she altered it with a simple illusion to be jet black.
Eye color: Truly, light green. However, she altered them to appear red.
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: Around 90 lbs
Basic Appearance: Shoal has almost unfairly fair skin and features naturally, although you wouldn't be wrong to say she enhances these things subtly with her arts. In spite of her true age, her heritage has her looking more like she's 16, so she appears rather young to be showing up for college. She sports a lighter C sized chest and otherwise is normally proportioned.
Love/Crush: Currently Available!
Sexuality: Bi
Personality: Shoal isn't a nice person. However, it's possible that she can come to appreciate and even respect you as long as you have -something- going for you. Acidic and even cruel at times, "Suru" won't hesitate to call you out for every stupid thing you do in her presence, especially if she has to work with you for some reason. Mastery of the arcane doesn't come easily to everyone, and she had to study long and hard to learn what she knows. By comparison, the classes she takes at the college are too easy~ she barely pays attention and aces everything.

She's also a little paranoid, and for good reason! (See history~)

World of Origin: Aetheyr (original setting)

History: Shoal's life started a bit poorly and only got worse. Her elven father and half brother were always distant, although not hostile. She was raised by her human mother, although she became absorbed into the war that wracked her world at the age of 17 (and with her half elven blood, she had just recently gotten over those pesky physical changes) due to her exceptional talent with spells and studies. As she made a name for herself fighting alongside and aiding the forces of justice, eventually she was targeted by those who wished to see her removed from the picture. Her mother was kidnapped, and Shoal was blackmailed into doing what she was told, lest dear old mommy face an untimely end.

What Shoal didn't know was that her mother had been dead from the very beginning. Magic was used to keep up the pressure of her mother being held hostage and occasionally tortured. Eventually though, capable mage that she was, Shoal found out. When she was done, none of the people who had a hand in her manipulation survived.

By then though, her reputation had been damaged irreversibly. She took to the sea in a small ship with two veteran seamen. Wracked with regrets, she intended to start over far, far away. How far away she ended up, however, she never could have anticipated.

Suddenly, in the midst of her seafaring, and island appeared where her boat was. Fortunately, it appeared angled such that she hit a beach and not a cliff, but nevertheless her boat was beached 600 yards away from water, and it was buried right up to the deck. Shocked by the appearance of an apparently teleporting island, she decided to explore while the seamen tried to dig up the ship. That was when she met him.

A powerful vampire who had been tracking this island across the dimensions, this being surpassed and destroyed everything she ever knew about what was possible with magic. It was as though his existence contradicted everything she knew about magic and power in general. He was a vampire, but he could be out in sunlight. He could expend a seemingly unlimited number of magical spells and abilities without ever turning down the ampage. She feared him, but at the same time she could not deny the temptation of all that power. The power to have saved everyone she knew and loved from the dire circumstances she had just been through. In her mind, she had no choice; she had to learn from him. Fortunately, the vampire was an agreeable sort when it came to girls.

Her times spent learning, however, only served to illustrate the true gap in ability between herself and him. She swallowed her pride (which due to certain circumstances, wasn't too challenging~ ;P  ) and came away with enough to finish many of the lessons on her own time. These days she's obsessed with obtaining enough power and ability to surpass and subsequently destroy the vampire in question. She has a few other side agendas, but everything takes a backseat to power and destroying her mentor.

As part of her efforts to aquire more and more power, she enchanted herself such that whenever she looks upon anything, she can tell if it is magical, and how magical it is (by how brightly it shines to her). Spending a bit of time examining a magical item reveals what kind of magic is in play.

She's here with you today, however, because her 'mentor' decided it would be fun to see her going to a school that required revealing uniforms. She was compelled to go with his more powerful magics and thus here she is. This hasn't done much to alleviate her obsession with destroying him.

Weapons: None that she's carrying on herself, besides her magic.

Extra: It should be noted the world she's from isn't as technologically advanced, so she's still a bit at a loss when it comes to electricity, cars, and so on. Not that she can't figure out enough to get by on a moments notice, but if pressed...

Standing enchantments and other special stuff: minor hair and eye illusions, the magical version of makeup. She can identify magical energy just by looking at it. She's also -very- hard to kill (like she has a lot of HP. Yeah.) While not specifically immune to anything, weapons that aren't Cold Iron or magical in nature have slightly reduced effectiveness.

Weaknesses: Anyplace where magic doesn't work. Her temper.

-----------

That's my character submission. Let me know what you think! She'd be in the dorms, so feel free to assign me a room. :3 Was thinking I may just introduce her as a transfer student on whatever day it is after I get approved.

Dark Deception

You need to list what magic she can do. You can't just say she does "magic" because that alone is very broad, and as I said, I don't want people god-moding.

On another note, well, I think this RP has enough Guy-Girls lol and I don't mean hermaphrodites.

Kineas

I did notice that there is a bit of a surplus of guys playing girls, and I almost stopped to think of a different character to use, however it's been a long time since I played with Shoal, and this seemed like a hilarious setting for her normally very serious attitude. If you're wanting to get more guys into the mix... well, it wouldn't be my first choice, but I could consider it.

What sort of restrictions would you prefer to see put in place as far as magic is concerned? She originates from the rules land of D&D so there's a certain amount of translation that might need to happen to bring her magic to a state that you're more comfortable with. I could produce a spell list if that's all you're looking for, since she has to set her spells in advance each day. :3

I definitely did read that you don't want god-moding, and I fully intend to stay very far away from that. There were a few other stipulations to her being compelled to join the college which also involve 'don't kill anyone' and 'don't blow up the school'.

If you'd like more information about her geas or what have you, I'm more than willing to share, but things like that can be so much more fun to share in character. =3

Dark Deception

If you're going to say magic, then what kind and what spells specifically. You shouldn't be writing me a whole D&D book worth of spells. You should be able to narrow it down to if she uses elemental magic what specifically? Fireballs, ice bolts, etc. If she uses Illusion magic then what can she do with the Illusion spell. I hope that clarifies. As for you playing a girl character, I don't mind. I was just pointing out that we have pure guys in here playing girl characters. I'm kind of one for variety in my role plays and not much inequality, but I guess no women are interested in this RP.  As long as we have no girls, then I guess inequality doesn't exist.