Everyone's A Hero! Recruiting (Freeform Fantasy Romp - LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, August 21, 2015, 12:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izaya Orihara

Well, I'm off to France, now. I'll try to keep an eye on this, though internet access shall likely be limited.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Crash

People can drop in and out as needed and recruitment is always open.

Izaya - No Non-con. I find nothing lighthearted about non-con.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

~NPC~

Name : Galen and Tallea
Race: Human
Ons : The Great Outdoors, Hard work, Not being afraid to get dirty, were creatures, loud sex, sex talk.  Men and women.
Offs : Laziness, whining, 
Favorite Mode of Attack:
Galen – Axe and Bow
Tallea – Bow and pet black panther, Sascha.

Height : 6’1” and 5’4”
Build : Galen – Muscles build from hard, honest work.  Fair haired and eyed a man of obvious northern blood
Tallea – Shorter with midnight black hair, she isn’t lithe like elven women, but thicker and heartier.  She is fairly well endowed as well
Description : Galen is a strapping man who loves the wild and is often found cutting wood without his jerkin on.  He has rippling muscles and a hearty laugh that is at odds with his piercing eyes.  Galen knows the Oldwall Forest better than most and can act as a guide when he is not otherwise occupied.

Tallea is curvy without holding much extra weight. She prefers leather and skins for clothing, but tends to leave her legs bare for freedom of moments and she is deceptively quick and quite when she needs to be

Personality : Galen is loud and boisterous when at home or relaxing. He isn’t as good of a hunter as his step-sister Tallea but he knows the forest better.  He is a hard-working and no-nonsense kind of man and gets along well with others of that sort.  Flighty, lazy and “soft” people are useless as for as Galen is concerned.

Tallea has a special bond with her black panther, Sascha.  She can be playful at times and downright sultry other times.  She enjoys the forest and the hunt and is often away from the cottage her and her step-brother own.

Story :

Galen and Tallea are the latest in a long line of woodsman.  They were raised with loggers and lived on the edge of the forest.  After Galen’s mother left for the city Galen’s father re-married the pregnant daughter of a local farmer who had soon after gave birth to Tallea.  Galen and Tallea still hold a distain for city life of which they add the town of Amberdale.  Their parents died many years ago and they still share their family cottage at the edge of the Oldwall Forest, though Tallea can be found nearly anywhere from Amberdale to Shadowvale and all areas in-between.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Game Threads

OOC has been added for anyone with accepted characters to chat things up.

Edit: Do you want me to continue posting npc's here or just in the character thread?

Capone

I'd say NPC's should just go in the character thread.

Out of curiosity, what is the role of NPC's exactly? Are they basically GM's characters? Up for grabs? What's the nature of interacting with them?

Or perhaps that should go in OOC?

Crash

They are GM characters.  I will be using them to give out goofy little quests and offer rewards of a monetary or carnal nature depending on player interest.

If you want to interact with them just let me know and we can come up with something.

Crash

Attention!

The first IC Thread is up!!!!!

Game Threads

Please come join the fun.  All players welcome!!!!   Keep it lighthearted and fun and enjoy!

TeamVelma

Name : Marcus Serpenthelm
Race: Half elf-human (but with a bit of dwarven blood which neither side of the family will admit to)
Ons : Caves, mines, taverns, interesting quests, damsels to rescue, good drink, libraries, assertive women
Offs : Boring people, towns with bad beer, malicious people, people who take from those who cannot afford it.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Bow and short sword.  Not too bad with a dwarven axe if necessary. 
Height : A hair under 6 foot.
Build : Athletic-ish, well the beer is good, and the mead…
Description : Has shoulder-length dark hair and a well-kept beard, the latter only to keep his face warm.  He is reasonably athletic in build, his primary strength being stamina as he can walk non-stop for nearly a day or run for nearly half a day and still be able to fight at the end.
Personality : Marcus tries to do good, but it doesn’t always work out the way he planned. Alignment-wise he’s best described as Chaotic-Good.  Liable to flights of fancy and to rush in before he know all the facts of the situation.
Story : Has been sent off to performs quests and ‘level up’.  He suspects it was to get him out of everyone’s hair.  Still being out is better than being cooped up in an elven monastery learning basic elven law.  He is a competent scribe and can read, write and speak several languages to varying ability but is quickly bored by rote-learning.
Scooby: I’m afraid you’ve gone mad with power.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

From herecomesthosemedellingkids on tumblr

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Crash

Quote from: TeamVelma on August 22, 2015, 07:17:36 PM
Name : Marcus Serpenthelm
Race: Half elf-human (but with a bit of dwarven blood which neither side of the family will admit to)
Ons : Caves, mines, taverns, interesting quests, damsels to rescue, good drink, libraries, assertive women
Offs : Boring people, towns with bad beer, malicious people, people who take from those who cannot afford it.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Bow, short sword, dagger.  Not too bad with a dwarven axe if necessary. 
Height : A hair under 6 foot.
Build : Athletic-ish, well the beer is good, and the mead…
Description : Has shoulder-length dark hair and a well-kept beard, the latter only to keep his face warm.  He is reasonably athletic in build, his primary strength being stamina as he can walk non-stop for nearly a day or run for nearly half a day and still be able to fight at the end.
Personality : Marcus tries to do good, but it doesn’t always work out the way he planned. Alignment-wise he’s best described as Chaotic-Good.  Liable to flights of fancy and to rush in before he know all the facts of the situation.
Story : Has been sent off to performs quests and ‘level up’.  He suspects it was to get him out of everyone’s hair.  Still being out is better than being cooped up in an elven monastery learning basic elven law.  He is a competent scribe and can read, write and speak several languages to varying ability but is quickly bored by rote-learning.

Just go with Bow and shorts word for now and you are good to go.

Revelation

Name : Enkh
Race: Inumimi (Wolf-person)
Ons : Musicians/bards, Dancers, defending the weak, fellow martial artists. Women with 'vavoom'/curves, mildly pleasant scents, light bondage, mutual roughness, oil, body paint, and similar ways to temporarily decorate people, And in general the players ons and offs.
Offs : Loud noises, pungent odors, petting his tail without permission, scratching his ears the wrong way, jerks, and player offs.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Budding practitioner of Nokhai-соео style. (Tribal martial arts focuses on mostly punches and kicks)

Height : 6'2"
Build : Lean and toned
Description : A tall and well built man, Enkh shows much of his heritage in his appearance. Somewhat dark skinned and with a messy mop of white hair, the striking locks almost hide his tufted ears. Usually seen wearing a simple sleeveless vest with matching slacks most of the time. From just around his lower back extends a fluffy tail, the same snowy color as his ears and hair.  When smiling or eating, it's easier to notice his sharper canines as well, slightly longer and more pointed than normal teeth. Occasionally, one may see him adorned at times with body paint.
Personality : Fun loving, easy going, and a man who loves to help others, Enkh is a friendly young man who tends to seek people to count as a 'pack' for him to belong to and defend. His tribal upbringing may make villagers seem a tad odd to him, and often curious as to their practices. He loves the night, and can sometimes be seen training at night while singing. Enjoys art, though more art that comes from the body or person (Singing, dancing, art on the body, etc). While he does speak the common tongue well enough by now, certain words may elude him which will result in him deferring to his native tongue or clumsily explaining the term.

Story : Coming from a distant land of steppes and deserts, Enkh is part of a tribe of beast-people with wolf blood.  An eager martial artist, he took it upon himself to explore distant lands and seeks to practice his unique style amongst them. He has settled on Amberdale, in part thanks to other travelers like himself.

--

I hope he fits the RP, I tried to make something a bit different. Finding good art for him was a pain in the rear, but I do like the choice in the end - though I likewise hope it fits still.

Dhi

This is what I'm currently thinking, a work in progress.

Name : Hira-Ba
Race: Sekhemi
Occupation: Magical measuring cup for the Amberdale General Store
Ons : Gold, cats, this Amberdale spice known as "chocolate"
Offs : Being mistaken for human, using portals for base thievery, sandy panties
Favorite Mode of Attack: Eye of Ra, a tiny portal of very limited distance styled after a gold udjat (the 2" pupil being the portal).

Height :
Build : Palanquin candy
Description :
Personality :

Story : Remote from our world lies the desert realm of the Sekhemi from which Hira-Ba hails, there a spice dealer for her mother's trade empire and the privileged owner of three mugluk slaves. Long ago, as the story was told to Hira-Ba, the Sekhemi shepherded the greatest marvels of mankind by rod and whip. The humans rebelled, and the Sekhemi vanished to their own plane to wait out the storm. Mankind is a notoriously moody beast.

A Painter

Quote from: Dhi on August 23, 2015, 01:47:59 AM

She (or it?) seems interesting already!  But how does she work as a measuring cup?  And what are these portals you speak of? >.>

Dhi

One Eye of Ra opens at point A, and another at point B. By magic, points A and B are directly connected no matter what may lie between them. An object inserted at point A emerges at point B and vice versa. In this way much more powerful Sekhemi were able to move great blocks of stone and cross between worlds; Hira-Ba currently uses it to the far more mundane effect of doling out perfect portions at the General Store where she labors.

One may ask, why is a woman decked in gold working as a store clerk? The answer is that Hira-Ba's gold is graded as armor gold and weapon gold. Its resale value in the open market is hugely diminished by the possibility that it once bludgeoned a sweaty ogre or cupped a barbarian's junk.

A Painter

Quote from: Dhi on August 23, 2015, 02:48:47 AM
One Eye of Ra opens at point A, and another at point B. By magic, points A and B are directly connected no matter what may lie between them. An object inserted at point A emerges at point B and vice versa. In this way much more powerful Sekhemi were able to move great blocks of stone and cross between worlds; Hira-Ba currently uses it to the far more mundane effect of doling out perfect portions at the General Store where she labors.

While that is super cool I think Crash mentioned something about how if an individual is too powerful and awe inspiring they get kicked out of town because the townsfolk are not used to powerful individuals among them.
I could be wrong, or maybe that doesn't apply to the shop keepers, or maybe some exemption can be made, but I just thought you should know while you were brainstorming and still in the middle of character creation. 

Dhi

It's intended to be the tiniest hedge wizard version of a portal spell, the same way an apprentice fire wizard might be able to conjure a light on her fingertip. Tiny diameter, very short range, mostly useless.

A Painter

TeamVelma

Quote from: Crash on August 22, 2015, 08:24:45 PM
Just go with Bow and shorts word for now and you are good to go.
OK.  As for armour, soft leather under chain-mail with some hard leather to protect shins, forearms and a few more 'important' places.
Scooby: I’m afraid you’ve gone mad with power.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

From herecomesthosemedellingkids on tumblr

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Capone

I'm envisioning people confusing Enkh and Trevoby for one another due to the white hair and similar appearance and comedy ensuing. "You! Monk! Yes, you! Come, we need you on this adventure!" "But I'm not-" "For glory and gold! Huzzah!"

And I think Hira-Bah's mini-portal is fine myself. It's not going to be useful in most situations, and I imagine enough low-level adventurers pass by that simple, nearly worthless spells are no surprise to the locals. It would be like seeing a magician doing a disappearing act. After all, this is a town where a girl summons a skeleton wielding an axe.

Dhi

It seems to be at least a controversial ability.

The concept started with ideas for Egypt-themed magic, because I want to explore a character who's clearly just human but classified as a whole different species, and I want to explore dropping an otherworldly culture in a fantasy world, like in Burning Crusade. Making the otherworldly culture Ancient Egyptians was as on the nose as I could think to make it.

I thought about different kinds of magic she might have. Sand magic would be too much for the power level. Something like an asp touch is not very interesting outside of direct physical conflict. Animating fabric is more interesting but feels like a magic power someone else might like to use, and I'm not actually wild about bondage. I can take or leave it.

Little portals are meant to tie these concepts together in a way that ought to be distinct from other concepts and gives me plenty to work with as a writer.

So I hear you that the ability might be worrisome, and I'm open to suggestions, but I'm also very fond of how it all fits together and would prefer to compromise on a part of it rather than removing it entirely. More thought has gone into the concept than my hastily cobbled WIP and picture of a busty video game character probably suggests.

Crash

I know you aren't going to abuse it Dhi. Like you said keep it small and limited and that is fine.  If people are too concerned I would just add a note about the limitations of it in the character description so people have a better idea of how you will be using it.

Crash

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on August 22, 2015, 10:51:17 AM
Well, I'm off to France, now. I'll try to keep an eye on this, though internet access shall likely be limited.

Have a good trip!

Quote from: Dhi on August 23, 2015, 01:47:59 AM

Name : Hira-Ba
Occupation: Magical measuring cup for the Amberdale General Store
Favorite Mode of Attack: Eye of Ra, a tiny portal of very limited distance styled after a gold udjat (the 2" pupil being the portal).

Height :
Description :
Personality :

Story : Remote from our world lies the desert realm of the Sekhemi from which Hira-Ba hails, there a spice dealer for her mother's trade empire and the privileged owner of three mugluk slaves. Long ago, as the story was told to Hira-Ba, the Sekhemi shepherded the greatest marvels of mankind by rod and whip. The humans rebelled, and the Sekhemi vanished to their own plane to wait out the storm. Mankind is a notoriously moody beast.

Love where you are going with Hira-Ba.  Artwork is super sexy.

Quote from: TeamVelma on August 23, 2015, 07:02:34 AM
OK.  As for armour, soft leather under chain-mail with some hard leather to protect shins, forearms and a few more 'important' places.

Consider yourself approved then.

Quote from: Changingsaint on August 23, 2015, 01:11:51 AM
Name : Enkh
Race: Inumimi (Wolf-person)
Ons : Musicians/bards, Dancers, defending the weak, fellow martial artists. Women with 'vavoom'/curves, mildly pleasant scents, light bondage, mutual roughness, oil, body paint, and similar ways to temporarily decorate people, And in general the players ons and offs.
Offs : Loud noises, pungent odors, petting his tail without permission, scratching his ears the wrong way, jerks, and player offs.
Favorite Mode of Attack: Budding practitioner of Nokhai-соео style. (Tribal martial arts focuses on mostly punches and kicks)

Height : 6'2"
Build : Lean and toned
Description : A tall and well built man, Enkh shows much of his heritage in his appearance. Somewhat dark skinned and with a messy mop of white hair, the striking locks almost hide his tufted ears. Usually seen wearing a simple sleeveless vest with matching slacks most of the time. From just around his lower back extends a fluffy tail, the same snowy color as his ears and hair.  When smiling or eating, it's easier to notice his sharper canines as well, slightly longer and more pointed than normal teeth. Occasionally, one may see him adorned at times with body paint.
Personality : Fun loving, easy going, and a man who loves to help others, Enkh is a friendly young man who tends to seek people to count as a 'pack' for him to belong to and defend. His tribal upbringing may make villagers seem a tad odd to him, and often curious as to their practices. He loves the night, and can sometimes be seen training at night while singing. Enjoys art, though more art that comes from the body or person (Singing, dancing, art on the body, etc). While he does speak the common tongue well enough by now, certain words may elude him which will result in him deferring to his native tongue or clumsily explaining the term.

Story : Coming from a distant land of steppes and deserts, Enkh is part of a tribe of beast-people with wolf blood.  An eager martial artist, he took it upon himself to explore distant lands and seeks to practice his unique style amongst them. He has settled on Amberdale, in part thanks to other travelers like himself.

--

I hope he fits the RP, I tried to make something a bit different. Finding good art for him was a pain in the rear, but I do like the choice in the end - though I likewise hope it fits still.

Approved!

Crash

Dhi

Ready for the hammer of judgement! I decided to change her name, since the first one was not enough of a chore for everyone to remember.

Name : Bel-Kharran-Sharrat

A note on portals: Bel-Kharran-Sharrat's portals have an upper limit of about 2" diameter and about two feet of distance, and her personal beliefs prevent her from using them for any sort of thievery, such as pocketing objects or reaching through locked doors. They are meant to be of very limited use.

Height : 5'5"
Description : Evenly rich butterscotch complexion marks her as a traveler from the arid desert climate, though carefully cultivated racetrack curves betray that she was never allowed to suffer in that heat. A firmly set jaw expressive with her displeasure is framed by leaden straight black hair with long bangs so precise and uniform that her brow might be considered an intimate secret. The blue of her eyes is brought out by heavy, dark kohl lining and shadowed with teal, and often they are heavy-lidded, suited to the languorous, slinking movements of a woman for whom dignity and being served are paramount. Her dark, dangerous, faintly honey fragrance is meant to intoxicate, but comes across a little strong in a place like Amberdale, louder than her mincing, intimate, temptress' voice.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality : She expects obedience from her lessers (most everyone) and gives groveling sycophancy to her betters, for in her mind, there is only one or the other. Perhaps her greatest weakness is a fascination with new experiences, particularly tastes, but those who would coax Bel-Kharran-Sharrat into sampling crab apples beware, for her mind is darker and more devious than she lets on. What sense of humor she has is dry, but humor is so culturally dependant that rarely she feels comfortable sharing it with the strangers of Amberdale. Instead she plays it safe as a calculating business-minded woman, bringing her long term plans to a slow boil, thwarted at every turn by hoary spiders of unusual size and the threat of feeble kobolds.

Story : Two yellow suns burned bright over the parched Sekhemi homeworld when Bel was born into a wealthy trade empire, one daughter of many, slave to her mother, a slaver in turn, one link in an unbroken chain of absolute obsdience from highest pharaoh to lowliest mugluk-mule. Here she was fed many stories about the glory of the Sekhemi, how her people had traveled through the Nascent Gates to primitive worlds and forged incredible works in their own image.

Her youth was a privileged one, working as a spice merchant in service to her magnate mother, savoring the sweet decadent scents and tastes and textures of spices from worlds remote from her parched desert home, and though she was tutored in the portalmancy magic natural to her people, there was never much cause to master it, as moving people and things were surely work for lesser slaves, such as the misshapen brutes made to break rocks in the orpiment mines.

One primitive world in particular captured Bel-Kharran-Sharrat's imagination. It was on this remote world, accessible only through the Nascent Gates, which her distant ancestors were said to have shepherded the greatest marvels of a race called man. This was a world of sweet flavors and abundant water, and long Bel whispered in the ears of her mother's advisors of the profits to be found. Finally, she was granted a caravan to test her mettle against this surely violent and barely sentient world, but calamity struck when the ether of the gate twisted off course. Bel-Kharran-Sharrat was separated across unknown miles from the rest of her caravan, arriving unexpectedly in a cozy little place called Amberdale.

A less ambitious woman might see this as a predicament, but for Bel-Kharran-Sharrat it represented an opportunity; freed from the shackles of her mother's caravan to do business her own way, Bel intends to reap the full profits of her expedition and dip her fingers in the takings of such lucrative spices as chocolate and cinnamon and truffle. But without funds, and without a market for her native spices of sukamric, qoneli, and orange orpiment wine, Bel-Kharran-Sharrat has been forced to find work at the local general store. She's eager to quest in search of riches, allies, and, most importantly, interesting new spices to bring home.

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on August 23, 2015, 08:10:52 PM
Ready for the hammer of judgement! I decided to change her name, since the first one was not enough of a chore for everyone to remember.

Name : Bel-Kharran-Sharrat

A note on portals: Bel-Kharran-Sharrat's portals have an upper limit of about 2" diameter and about two feet of distance, and her personal beliefs prevent her from using them for any sort of thievery, such as pocketing objects or reaching through locked doors. They are meant to be of very limited use.

Height : 5'5"
Description : Evenly rich butterscotch complexion marks her as a traveler from the arid desert climate, though carefully cultivated racetrack curves betray that she was never allowed to suffer in that heat. A firmly set jaw expressive with her displeasure is framed by leaden straight black hair with long bangs so precise and uniform that her brow might be considered an intimate secret. The blue of her eyes is brought out by heavy, dark kohl lining and shadowed with teal, and often they are heavy-lidded, suited to the languorous, slinking movements of a woman for whom dignity and being served are paramount. Her dark, dangerous, faintly honey fragrance is meant to intoxicate, but comes across a little strong in a place like Amberdale, louder than her mincing, intimate, temptress' voice.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality : She expects obedience from her lessers (most everyone) and gives groveling sycophancy to her betters, for in her mind, there is only one or the other. Perhaps her greatest weakness is a fascination with new experiences, particularly tastes, but those who would coax Bel-Kharran-Sharrat into sampling crab apples beware, for her mind is darker and more devious than she lets on. What sense of humor she has is dry, but humor is so culturally dependant that rarely she feels comfortable sharing it with the strangers of Amberdale. Instead she plays it safe as a calculating business-minded woman, bringing her long term plans to a slow boil, thwarted at every turn by hoary spiders of unusual size and the threat of feeble kobolds.

Story : Two yellow suns burned bright over the parched Sekhemi homeworld when Bel was born into a wealthy trade empire, one daughter of many, slave to her mother, a slaver in turn, one link in an unbroken chain of absolute obsdience from highest pharaoh to lowliest mugluk-mule. Here she was fed many stories about the glory of the Sekhemi, how her people had traveled through the Nascent Gates to primitive worlds and forged incredible works in their own image.

Her youth was a privileged one, working as a spice merchant in service to her magnate mother, savoring the sweet decadent scents and tastes and textures of spices from worlds remote from her parched desert home, and though she was tutored in the portalmancy magic natural to her people, there was never much cause to master it, as moving people and things were surely work for lesser slaves, such as the misshapen brutes made to break rocks in the orpiment mines.

One primitive world in particular captured Bel-Kharran-Sharrat's imagination. It was on this remote world, accessible only through the Nascent Gates, which her distant ancestors were said to have shepherded the greatest marvels of a race called man. This was a world of sweet flavors and abundant water, and long Bel whispered in the ears of her mother's advisors of the profits to be found. Finally, she was granted a caravan to test her mettle against this surely violent and barely sentient world, but calamity struck when the ether of the gate twisted off course. Bel-Kharran-Sharrat was separated across unknown miles from the rest of her caravan, arriving unexpectedly in a cozy little place called Amberdale.

A less ambitious woman might see this as a predicament, but for Bel-Kharran-Sharrat it represented an opportunity; freed from the shackles of her mother's caravan to do business her own way, Bel intends to reap the full profits of her expedition and dip her fingers in the takings of such lucrative spices as chocolate and cinnamon and truffle. But without funds, and without a market for her native spices of sukamric, qoneli, and orange orpiment wine, Bel-Kharran-Sharrat has been forced to find work at the local general store. She's eager to quest in search of riches, allies, and, most importantly, interesting new spices to bring home.

Approved!

Chulanowa

Hmmm. Got an idea for a fresh-from-the-forest Faun. Not sure if it's male or female yet, though.