A Dynasty of Games (Closed for Recruitment - Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, September 30, 2015, 09:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rish

I have a bit of confusion at the moment. Is every single person captured to be killed at the moment? My character current situation is that he's joining a team to save some prisoners, the party basically. No word to correct that was ever mentioned. And I had thought W.A.R was as well. But it seems I was wrong as he's currently captured. So should I make it so Ganondorf is currently captured as well instead of following the cage from the trees on his black hell steed, Waiting for the signal to attack?

scribus1000

The OP said all characters were being taken to their execution in the beginning of the story. Though if there are exceptions, I guess that should be made clear shortly.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Blue Nova

Red Lobster! Accept the Cookie! Accept his looove!!

You never actually said he was approved, so i need to make sure its cool.  ::)

scribus1000

Samus is now complete, and just needs to be looked at and okay'd.

Quote from: Blue Nova on October 04, 2015, 02:53:37 PM
Red Lobster! Accept the Cookie! Accept his looove!!

You never actually said he was approved, so i need to make sure its cool.  ::)

Also this guy. Lol.

Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

BruceTheCat

I think they were both WIPs last time I looked at them.

I'll go take another look
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Approved Scrib and Blue!

Blue, I assume that you were arrested along with Sylvanas for execution. Is that correct?
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rish

So we have Samus and a cool cook cookie joining. This should be fun!

Rish

By the way red. You never actually did your personality on Shepard sheet. Wasn't sure if that was intentional or not so I thought I'd say something.

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Rish on October 04, 2015, 03:14:37 PM
By the way red. You never actually did your personality on Shepard sheet. Wasn't sure if that was intentional or not so I thought I'd say something.

Lol, nope just totally missed it. Thanks Rish!
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Rish

Garuss Vakarian

Lol, sorry Scribus  >_< I didnt mean to exclude any one or make anybody sad. Sorry. T_T

Also, yay for Samus! Wooop wooop! xD .

Any way, as per Redlobsters suggestion I will make my character. To come in later if there becomes room, or if he feel's the rp can bring in more. My original decision was to be Garrus, but as we are male heavy I am also considering something else. I was thinking perhaps the hero from Dark souls. But one of his abilities, is to change his gender. via an object he owns. That being, the Coffin you use to change your sex in Darksouls 2. So that way I can make him a her, when given the opportunity to do so. It also makes sense, as he is Hollow. A curse in which through time, the cursed can very well forget who they are. When a human effigy is used, the Hollow does not revert back to their humanity nor who they once were, but merely imitate what little they remember of themselves and slow down the curses effects. Of which is so out in the air, who is to say he is really a she or vice verse. It's really the worst kind of identity crisis when you get down to it. :P lol. But hey, I think being a Hollow is something a certain someones character can relate to xD ^^ . Yay for World of Warcraft!

Niki315

Even if there's a few more males than females I don't think it's necessary to change who you want to play. There's nothing wrong with an rp being a little unbalanced. It's usually more of an issue with groups of one or two of one gender and a dozen of the other. I think we can work with the current split.

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Niki315 on October 04, 2015, 08:06:39 PM
Even if there's a few more males than females I don't think it's necessary to change who you want to play. There's nothing wrong with an rp being a little unbalanced. It's usually more of an issue with groups of one or two of one gender and a dozen of the other. I think we can work with the current split.

I am in agreement with Niki! On top of that the gender balance is really only important if everyone in the game wants to RP smut. I don't think that is the case for every player in this game.
- scribus1000

Garuss Vakarian

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 04, 2015, 08:08:42 PM
I am in agreement with Niki! On top of that the gender balance is really only important if everyone in the game wants to RP smut. I don't think that is the case for every player in this game.

As I agree with Nikki, I have decided I would play Garrus any way. xD Thank you for the well needed logic bomb guys.

Red: I to believe that not everyone is here for smut. As I am fairly open to the idea of some Xeno fun with Garrus and another party, I do not require such things to occur in order to enjoy a good cross over story!!!

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on October 04, 2015, 08:18:48 PM
As I agree with Nikki, I have decided I would play Garrus any way. xD Thank you for the well needed logic bomb guys.

Red: I to believe that not everyone is here for smut. As I am fairly open to the idea of some Xeno fun with Garrus and another party, I do not require such things to occur in order to enjoy a good cross over story!!!

Then I think it wouldn't matter whether you are a male or female! Maybe I'm wrong, I've just never understood a reason for the gender balance other than for smut purposes.

As a reminder Garrus, I am playing Shepard. So I would recommend reading through my sheet before drafting up yours.
- scribus1000

Rish

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 04, 2015, 08:20:35 PM
Then I think it wouldn't matter whether you are a male or female! Maybe I'm wrong, I've just never understood a reason for the gender balance other than for smut purposes.

I think it might have something to do with making sure no one is left out. In places years ago when I've joined a game that is too overly-balanced with one gender I've seen guys ending up pinning for attention for the girls, in the RP, not OOC, groups forming and certain people being left out as they were the odd genders out. It tends to happen to guys more often than not. Not seen a lick of it on this site though! As everyone is cool and generally take things easy and discuss it.

But I think it depends on the people in the group. We're all nice people and this isn't the kind of game where anyone can really be left out.

*Plus I lovveeeeeeee garrus. Waves fanboyflag*

Niki, you going to be joining us in the OOC thread?

Garuss Vakarian

Lol, no worries. I already wrote the history in fact. Here's what he is doing currently, post reapers:

Now Garrus is a detective. Using his skills learned investigating crimes for C sec, to help people once more. However, his friend is in a jam. Shepherd faces execution, and while his friends fate seems imminent. Garrus is determined to discover evidence proving Shepherds innocence. Proving that he was arrested without just cause, without having committed an actual crime against the dynasty. If he doesn't do so in time to stop the execution, at least he can do so to clear the hero's name in the eyes of the public. Indeed, it is a dangerous game to play.

Rish: I actually know exactly what your talking about, though yes I to have rarely seen it here on E. None the less it exists. Honestly I think such things are curved by the fact that, sex and romance are two entirely different things. And I dont see every girl getting pinned to a romance any time soon... Well, maybe 'pinned' but not to a romance. xD lol :P .

Rish

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on October 04, 2015, 08:36:41 PM
Lol, no worries. I already wrote the history in fact. Here's what he is doing currently, post reapers:

Now Garrus is a detective. Using his skills learned investigating crimes for C sec, to help people once more. However, his friend is in a jam. Shepherd faces execution, and while his friends fate seems imminent. Garrus is determined to discover evidence proving Shepherds innocence. Proving that he was arrested without just cause, without having committed an actual crime against the dynasty. If he doesn't do so in time to stop the execution, at least he can do so to clear the hero's name in the eyes of the public. Indeed, it is a dangerous game to play.

Rish: I actually know exactly what your talking about, though yes I to have rarely seen it here on E. None the less it exists. Honestly I think such things are curved by the fact that, sex and romance are two entirely different things. And I dont see every girl getting pinned to a romance any time soon... Well, maybe 'pinned' but not to a romance. xD lol :P .

I'm liking the read of that. And then when you actually get to join us you can go classic Garrus 'Renegade screw the rules!' and start fighting the dynasty with us ^^

And that is quite true. Honestly, if a romance was going to happen in character I'd like to actually see the flow between my character and another. If they mix well and get along, which, concerning a lot of our characters...'getting along' is going to be like Wrec getting along with Garrus. Its a weird love hate thing going on between the two. I don't like the idea of planning a romances out of character when the two characters haven't even met yet. Ruins the adventure when its a really long game like this. Though crushes set beforehand for known characters can be cute.

Garuss Vakarian

QuoteI'm liking the read of that. And then when you actually get to join us you can go classic Garrus 'Renegade screw the rules!' and start fighting the dynasty with us ^^

xD !!! Happy you like the read of it! That is the idea actually. lol. So you hit it right on the money. :D

Here he is. ^^ !!!

Garrus Vakarian
Mass Effect trilogy
“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray... I don't know what to do with gray.”
    -Garrus, ME 2

Current Occupation: Garrus is currently a private detective. Using his skills learned investigating crimes for C sec, to help people once more. But, doing so under his own employment, without superiors to thwart his own, albeit, aggressive methods.

Home World Information: Garrus is from a Sci fi, extra planetary world known as the Milky Way Galaxy. Within, there is a plethora of races, cultures, and government in which are at constant odds, yet strive for tolerance and peace. It is the very image, of an imperfect future. But one where peace is still tangible, as long as differences are accepted. In garrus's world, there is a machine race known as the reapers. Of which tried, as they have across untold milenia to eradicate all life. So that a new cycle may begin. But alongside his friend, mentor, and leader, Staff Commander Shepherd. Garrus helped turn the tides, his friend going down in history as the hero, that stopped the slaughter from occurring once more.

Appearance/Style Description: Although Garrus has been known to dress for an occasion, as a Turian he feels naked without his armor. He has grayish, avian skin, as his species has many a bird like quality. His body, height and stature much like your average Turian, sleek, tall, strong. But Garrus is more defined, having blue tinted marking's to his rough skin. As well as a scar that truly defines him as a recognizable Turian, his scar having nearly taken off half of his face. To this day it look's rather raw, his skin charred and scarred deeply. Though, some would say it makes him more handsome. As for his armor, he does keep a top of the line Turian battle suit. Though, he also to this day keeps his armor as Archangel, finding it nostalgic, even if it is fundamentally flawed. Having taken damage around the collar area from the same attack that took half of the Turians face. And yes, Turians have metal plating along their bone's and organs. This is for natural protection, and does protrude in small blotches on the body. Further, the metal like, bone plating does form heavily on top of the skin in areas such as the chest, knee's, foreleg's, and elbows.

Sexuality: Garrus is heterosexual, with Xenophilia, meaning he is HIGHLY attracted to women, not of his own race.

"Sorry Shepherd, can it wait for a bit? Im in the middle of some calibrations."
   -Garrus to Shepherd, if he has nothing to talk about at the time. 

Personality:
Garrus is generally calm, professional, businesslike and hard-working. He’s a man of action, and he likes getting results through decisive moves. A product of Turian culture, Garrus is very dedicated to the greater good and public service, preferably with a martial slant. Given his talent for combat and his intelligence, that he would become a soldier or a cop was presumably never in doubt. Garrus is not a typical Turian in his relationship to authority, though  he doesn’t reflexively accept norms and rules. Still there are limits to this independence, and if the rules are supported by a charismatic authority figure like his father or Shepard, Garrus will immediately accept their validity. However, Garrus also deeply wants justice - to arrest and take down criminals who are preying upon the populace. It’s a burning need, and he cannot tolerate to see somebody he knows to be guilty still free and damaging society. By the time he met with Shepard, he was practically a vigilante with a badge, beating up suspects and recklessly endangering civilians as he obsessed over getting his man to the exclusion of everything else. However, Detective Vakarian is certainly not happy about being such a man. His father was very important for him, and is dead-set against the sort of gung-ho methods his son came to employ. Garrus thus knows that what he’s doing is wrong, but cannot accept the consequences of playing by the rules if that means letting the guilty go.

History:
After his military service which, by Turian tradition, can last well into one’s thirties. Garrus enlisted with C-Sec, where he became a detective. He proved a successful one, his intelligence and resourcefulness giving him a high success rate on his cases. Whether he was a good cop, on the other hand, is highly debatable. Garrus was a man of action even by Turian standards, and grew increasingly frustrated by procedures, rights and regulations. His methodology became increasingly fast and loose, and his presence increasingly came to signify police brutality, violent interrogations, violations of civil rights, reckless endangerment of civilians and the like. Mr. Vakarian (presumably Captain Vakarian at this point) was aware that his son was taking liberties with regulations, and once had to release a pusher whom Garrus had arrested due to evidence tampering, witness coercion and assault against the suspect. Garrus, who was struggling hard against drug trafficking, was furious and he and his father stopped talking. From context, one gets the impression that Garrus then arranged to be transferred from the Ward his father was running to the Presidium, the core of the Citadel. However, tension appeared with the police chief, Executor Pallin, who ran the Presidium force. Garrus nearly quit on several occasions. Though he presented himself as a strictly principled man, Pallin was apparently reluctant to fire Garrus. The main reason was presumably that Garrus got results, mixed with respect for the Vakarian name and with politics - as firing somebody from C-Sec reflects badly on their species. On his end, Garrus seemed to have little idea of what he could do with his life if he left the police, and stuck with the job. At an unspecified point Garrus’ mother became very sick, suffering from a rare disease with no known cure and expensive treatments. Later dialogue indicates that most of the pay of Garrus and his sister Solana was spent on medical bills, as they had to contract Salarian research clinics for investigation into their mum’s unusual ailment. Presumably the pay of Garrus’ father was also helping with his wife’s medical bill's.

In 2183, Humans made grave allegations about a Spectre, a Turian named Saren. Garrus also suspected Saren of malfeasance, being almost certain that he was involved with criminal networks on the Citadel. C-Sec was tasked with investigating the Humans’ accusations - centring on Saren’s alleged role in a major geth raid on the Human colony world Eden-Prime and the murder of another Turian Spectre, Nihlus Kryik. However, as with his previous investigations of Saren, Garrus couldn’t get anything solid since all Spectre activities were classified, and Executor Pallin cut the investigation short as a waste of time. Garrus was now certain that Saren was a menace, but Pallin thought it very unlikely that proof of misconduct would ever be found. Garrus was then approached by Humans still trying to prove Saren’s culpability, and recognized one - the charismatic Marines Special Forces war hero, Staff Commander Shepherd.

Not knowing much about the Citadel, Shepard wanted to share leads with Garrus. As it turned out, the Citadel underworld was in a state of upheaval - Saren was offering a huge reward for a Quarian vagabond, and greed caused shifts in loyalty and gangland warfare. Garrus started looking for the mysterious Quarian, wanting to know why Saren wanted her dead. As he did so he ran into a group of mercenaries interrogating a doctor who had treated the vagabond. This degenerated into a hostage crisis - at which point the Human marines, who were looking for Garrus, stumbled upon the scene. Garrus seized the occasion to shoot the hostage-taker dead, prompting a firefight during which the heavily-armed marines swiftly overrran the rest of the mercenaries. Shepard then chewed off Vakarian for endangering the hostage’s life. Seeing that the Humans were determined to get proof of Saren’s culpability no matter what, Garrus took a leap of faith. He quit C-Sec and asked to join them so he could have a stab at Saren without the restrictions that come with a badge. After insisting that he didn’t want any more cowboy stuff on his part, Commander Shepard agreed to let Garrus join. It didnt take long before the team got a hold of Saren, and after a some heavy losses, the loss of a dear friend, and the assualt on the citadel... Saren was finally taken care of. Killing himself for his own crimes, as Shepherd had gotten through to him, showing the Turian the inherent ignorance in his own logic. After the Normandy killed the reaper that controlled Saren, the team stayed together. Killing Geth on behest of the council, in spite of the real threat being the Reapers.

It was not until after Shepherds apparent death that Garrus had moved on. You see, stricken by the loss of his old commander, Garrus became Archangel. A vigilante. Years later, after his team was betrayed, then killed. Shepherd had saved his life, but not before Garrus received nasty scarring on his face. It had turned out he was resurrected by Cerberus. And they were on a mission to stop the Collectors. Garrus as always, willingly followed his commander into battle. After dealing with the Collectors, years go by before the Reapers finally come. Banding together with his long time friend, Garrus helped Shepherd stave the tide of the Reapers. Uniting the galaxy to defeat them, for good. For the first time in an untold melenia, the cycle, had been broken.

Current Situation: Now Garrus is a detective. Using his skills learned investigating crimes for C sec, to help people once more. However, his friend is in a jam. Shepherd faces execution, and while his friends fate seems imminent. Garrus is determined to discover evidence proving Shepherds innocence. Prooving that he was arrested without probable cause, without having committed an actual crime against the dynasty. If he doesn't do so in time to stop the execution, at least he can do so to clear the hero's name.

Weapon:
Garrus is a sniper at heart, keeping with him the classic M-92 Mantis sniper rifle. Powerful enough to tear through many different layers of armor, but overheats within a single shot. It is a dangerous tool in open combat, but in the arms of a specialist such as Garrus, a tool ripe to terrorize the battlefield. With him he carries the M-18 Vindicator assault rifle, then the M-3 Predator Heavy Pistol as his side arm.

"Just like old times."
  -Garrus as Archangel, ME2

Special Powers:
Overload- Being a tech expert, Garrus can wire in, and effect the systems of most technology. Using his omnitool to overload system's and shields. Depending on the complexity of the system he is overloading, this can take seconds, minutes, or hours. Either way, he can hack in and decimate your computer systems.

Proximity Mine- The technology behind this is to be a small, easily accessible mine which can be carried in exuberant amounts, within a small or medium sized pouch or container. The mine's are connected to ones own omnitool, and have a cellular sensory system which allows each and every one to sense the owner's presence. Thus making the mine safe to it's handler, then deadly to others. It can be placed by hand, or loaded into the under barrel of ones gun, then fired at a distance. As a soldier and specialist, Garrus has grown accustomed to most situations. Learning that as a sniper, one must lay the ground works for their perch, making it trapped and defended. But also learning that as a sniper that is usually out in the field, he rarely gets to have his perch. So he has also learned to calculate, then manipulate the battlefield on the fly. Even being able to launch mines directly at his opponents for a nasty surprise.

Turian Rebel- Born from his care for others and his deep moral centre, as well as his advanced military training. In moments of fleeting pain and intense danger. Garrus unlocks a primal focus born from the rebel deep within him. Being able to react much faster, shoot more accurately, ignore more pain and even activate his tech more intensely. While in this short, fleeting state of mind, time relatively feels to be in a crawl. Even though it is just him having such heightened awareness, that he is deadlier then usual. It is because of this primal focus that he is an unorthodox, out of the box thinker. And thus viewed as a rebellious thinker by his own people. Which views strategies and tactics to be strictly adhered to and followed, not changed or stretched to fit your needs.

Strengths:
-Like many Turians, Garrus is a trained soldier with years of experience, a high level of resolve and courage, and a strong work ethic. He’s also an impressive sharpshooter with superior hand-eye coordination and gunfighting experience, proficient with most things that can be used to shoot people. Though he prefers to downplay it, he was selected as part of a program to identify the best future military operatives in the Turian military, indicating an exceptional potential even as a recruit. Further he was taken into the Turian Sentinel program, in order to create extremely deadly soldiers

-Garrus is also an experienced police detective, who worked the teeming and exotic corridors of the Citadel. Though he preferred action to the dreary realities of everyday police work, he was presented by the police chief as an excellent detective. Presumably, Vakarian got enough results for his boss to put up with his discipline issues to an extent

-Garrus is no ordinary soldier, he was trained in a special program as to be a Turian Sentinel. A program meant to train soldiers how to use, operate, and hack into tech. A form of shock trooper that is still effective to this day. One that is effective in combat, but also know's how to effectively use Tech to their advantage. As he is not an expert in tech, he is capable enough in it that he can operate advanced programming, and if given enough time he can eventually hack a system. However he is best known for calibrating... A lot.

-Turians are roughly as adept physically as a Human of the same size - meaning that by Council species standards they are pretty strong. Their lean physique features bone plates protecting their organs - though this asset is negligible when shot by modern weaponry, we’ve assumed it would be handy in a bar brawl or unarmed duel.

Weaknesses:
-Turians and Quarians are the only two major races with dextro-rotatory amino acids-based physiologies. That is, essential biological building blocks of theirs are organised differently than the norm for, say, Earth life forms. This difference in biochemical chirality has important consequences when sharing an environment with aliens. For instance their organism cannot process amino acids organised in the opposite direction (laevo-rotatory amino acids). Food that comes from animals and plants with the opposite chirality will not provide any proteins. Turian and Quarian organisms cannot secrete peptides to form proteins out of this stuff. Fats and carbohydrates can presumably be digested normally, but a Turian or Quarian cannot live for any significant length of time on Human, Asari, Salarian, etc. foods. Meaning he has to be careful what he eats, and be sure the Dynasty has a steady supply of what would feed him. (Which one can imagine, is hard.)

-Hard Justice!: As cold as he may be at times, there are moments where an evil man can make Garrus completely lose his shit. If not properly calmed with logic, he will do anything in his power to kill the man or women whom has invoked his wrath. If he is not calmed, he would even go through his allies to get to them.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Rish on October 04, 2015, 08:52:23 PM
I'm liking the read of that. And then when you actually get to join us you can go classic Garrus 'Renegade screw the rules!' and start fighting the dynasty with us ^^

And that is quite true. Honestly, if a romance was going to happen in character I'd like to actually see the flow between my character and another. If they mix well and get along, which, concerning a lot of our characters...'getting along' is going to be like Wrec getting along with Garrus. Its a weird love hate thing going on between the two. I don't like the idea of planning a romances out of character when the two characters haven't even met yet. Ruins the adventure when its a really long game like this. Though crushes set beforehand for known characters can be cute.

+1 Amen! *throws Sister of Battle bible - BOOM!*
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Garuss Vakarian

TheBlackThrone

I have Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Steam. I played ME 1 and immediately became bored. I was told to skip 1 and just play 2 and 3. So, I feel unworthy to give the comment your profile deserves on Garuss but from an outsider stand point. It looks great! Very detailed. :-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Garuss Vakarian

Lol, nothing wrong with that. I personally find ME 1 to be the best, as I like the more broad skill system and planetary exploration. But for a more mainstream game, ME 2 and 3 are more to there. As a more recognizable cover based shooter, just with minor rpg elements. Not to say they are bad games as the narrative stays true to it's self up until it shoots it's self in the foot. However as far as an rpg is concerned, ME 1 is the better rpg.

Lol edit: Oh! And thanks. I am glad you liked it. ^^ Sorry I didnt mention it before, the gratitude part of my intended post some how escaped my egg head brain.

scribus1000

Personally I liked all 3 of the ME games, though 2 is probably my favorite. I liked 1 as well; I don't miss the Mako. I do, however, fondly miss my explosive sniper rifle, and my full-auto assault rifle that was so modded that it wouldn't overheat.