The Creeping Tide [DnD 3.5] Recruitment. Closed.

Started by SteelZephyr, June 24, 2013, 07:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Completely understandable.  With Alice being as tanky as she is, I don't see Torryx having to look out for her too much.  In a way, she now supports him more.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

indarkestknight

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, SteelZephyr, but how would you like us to handle hp? Just roll?

Also, what languages would it be reasonable to expect our characters to know?

Videospirit

Abyssal might come in handy to seduce the Queen in her native tongue!

indarkestknight

Or to convince her to see the error of her ways.  :-\

Videospirit

I'm not sure if Abyssal has words for things like "Chastity" and "Benevolence."

indarkestknight

Well, I doubt anyone's going to try to convince her of chastity...

Then again, I'd point out that with constant tongues, unless we lock her up in antimagic manacles, she'll be able to understand us no matter what languages we speak, so Abyssal isn't strictly necessary.

eBadger

tbh, with the existence of "common" and the plethora of low level translation spells, I find languages kind of hilariously pointless throughout D&D.  But I'm odd that way. 

Videospirit

Most of the common pc race languages like elven and dwarf and halfling certainly are.

Some of the monstrous races that don't get on particularly well with humans on the other hand, don't speak common.

godfang

damn, that new picture of Alice is smoking :D   

I think i'll give more detail to Aio's travel since he left the tower

SteelZephyr

Quote from: Videospirit on July 01, 2013, 06:44:06 PM
I'm not sure if Abyssal has words for things like "Chastity" and "Benevolence."

They exist, but they're considered four-letter words. It's sorta like how there are no swears in Celestial.

As for hp, go ahead and take max per level for now. We will be rolling for hp at level up in the future, though.

Siereis

So seeing as how we have 7 people ready to go (I think) and basic backgrounds for each character, what is the next step?  I remember SteelZephr wanted to narrow down the pool of people, but is there anything stopping us from moving forward?

If you can't tell I'm rather to get this started!  Obviously most of you are too.  Sorry if I come across as impatient.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Siereis on July 01, 2013, 08:10:43 PM
So seeing as how we have 7 people ready to go (I think) and basic backgrounds for each character, what is the next step?  I remember SteelZephr wanted to narrow down the pool of people, but is there anything stopping us from moving forward?

If you can't tell I'm rather to get this started!  Obviously most of you are too.  Sorry if I come across as impatient.

Quote from: SteelZephyr on June 29, 2013, 09:03:02 PM
I'll say sheets are due in by July 4th, and I should have a decision on the characters made by no later than 10:00 PM Mountain Standard Time (-7) on July 6th

Videospirit

Gm's just being fair to the other players who showed interest really.

Although I personally think getting the sheet done sooner is a promising sign that the player has enough time to devote to the game to keep things lively.

IF we're going from 6 to epic we're going to need to be pretty lively :D!

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Siereis

Quote from: kckolbe on July 01, 2013, 08:21:16 PM
Torryx is almost done, just need to work in how he and Alice met.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=599380
Feel free to take creative liberties with the backstory.  I'm already going to adjust Alice's background slightly to make her seem less 'vanilla'.

Videospirit

I suppose there's no need to wait for the final cut to start doing the backstories, no reason the characters that don't get chosen can't exist at all.

godfang

ok, added some details about his travel. In my story, Aio doesn't know what he is, so he has three goals (well two and a half)

1.Find out why he can't make children and change it
2.Catch the drow matriarch that killed his friends

I assume Elans are rare, so he probably would have some difficulties finding others like him.

Nys: Being a trader with ties to the underworld, maybe Aio is trying to buy information from him?

Alice: Since she's a paladin and guardian of the land, maybe she's also looking for the slaver who attacked the village by Aio's tower

Hart: Aio would be a fan of hearing stories as it amuses him, so he'd probably be a big (creepy) fan of Hart's who is always demanding that he tells 'one more story'

SteelZephyr

After taking a look at the centaur racial class, I'll say you can take the final level next level.

Videospirit

So was looking at other classes, for what to do after reaching epic levels, and "acquired" Magic of Incarnum.

I must say I was very disappointed! Almost all of their abilities required you to wear clothing! Why would I ever want to do that!

Siereis

Quote from: Videospirit on July 01, 2013, 10:29:00 PM
So was looking at other classes, for what to do after reaching epic levels, and "acquired" Magic of Incarnum.

I must say I was very disappointed! Almost all of their abilities required you to wear clothing! Why would I ever want to do that!
Lol...I have the feeling Alice is going to be scolding most of you by the end of the first week of this RP...love it!

EroticFantasyAuthor

The point buy calculator doesn't seem to be working, is there an alternate one?

Bah nevermind

kckolbe

Quote from: SteelZephyr on July 01, 2013, 09:52:02 PM
After taking a look at the centaur racial class, I'll say you can take the final level next level.

Thanks!  In that case, consider Torryx submitted.  I will add to his history as we work on tie ins, but he is good beyond that.

Intro Thread

Prince Truhan

Ok, here is my sheet.

I might tinker with something since he still has a good chunk of money, but if he is ok nothing beyond that.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12416

eBadger

Quote from: Prince Truhan on July 01, 2013, 11:34:12 PM
Ok, here is my sheet.

I might tinker with something since he still has a good chunk of money, but if he is ok nothing beyond that.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12416

QuoteSorry, the requested character can not be shown. Either you don't have permission to edit it, the sheet isn't publicly viewable, or the character does not exist.

Prince Truhan