Need an RP

Started by Lady Jenn, April 04, 2017, 06:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Lady Jenn

I nearly said I was a newbie once but that makes me sound like an old person reminiscing about their childhood :P

Levi

OK I've got something I just need a name

Levi

OK wow I just stumbled across some other people doing biogs and wow there's is so much more detailed, I'll send what I've got so far, would you mind looking at it?

Lady Jenn

sure :) I'll try and give my best advice

Levi

Thanks, I'll send it a bit later tonight as I'm at work right now

Lady Jenn

no worries, I'll be dipping in and out most of the day so I'll take a look when I get the chance :)

Levi

Brill , apparently I will be assigned a mentor at some point which will help :)

Lady Jenn

TsukiyomiMoonscar

Oeh oeh sounds very interesting. Dragon's within the human settlements. Sounds like Metallic dragons applying the polimorph spell. Can I join as well? Seeing how Tolkien is my favorite writer and well having years of playing D&D 3.5 helping me I would like to see wgat you can bring to life!
We choose the foolish of the world to astonish the wise.
The weak to embarrass the strong.
Nothing is impossible, we must hope for everything.
You don’t have to understand things for them to be
You just have to believe in the unbelievable...

Lady Jenn

now I feel like the pressure is on me to get it right XD

TsukiyomiMoonscar

My apologies for that >< I'm merely enthousiastic! You're idea sounds great, afterall we all know that no matter the alignment of dragons they are nasty critters that won't think twice to bite you're head off. Which makes it all the more fun!
We choose the foolish of the world to astonish the wise.
The weak to embarrass the strong.
Nothing is impossible, we must hope for everything.
You don’t have to understand things for them to be
You just have to believe in the unbelievable...

Lady Jenn

Oh, there are plenty of scary critters, there's no outright "good" creatures in this story, just ones slightly nicer than the others :P

Lady Jenn

me and Levi are going to begin the story so anyone else who's interested feel free to post in here (or PM me) and we'll let you join :)

King Kull

I'm interested as well, what kind of characters do you want? Humans only or other races? I guess they will be pretty skilled already to go and find these dragons?
Mats

"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."

Lady Jenn

Not necessarily, there's an element of "Oh crap, we're running out of options" to this quest lol

King Kull

So could I do any type of character? What characters are you two now? 
Mats

"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."

Lady Jenn

she's a young woman with fairly basic combat skills...I'm essentially any character the scene needs (basically think the GM in a game of Dungeons and Dragons. Not as easy as it sounds lol)

King Kull

Yes it's the type of RPGs I'm used to. So she is the only player now? You have any requests for characters, maybe I should be warrior type then if she is not?
Mats

Lady Jenn

I'm open to anything, they're gonna need all the help they can get (and that's BEFORE they get to the dragons lol)

Levi

I agree lol, my character is a bit clueless

Lady Jenn

if you don't mind waiting a bit they're going to reach a tavern soon which might be a more logical place to meet new adventurers than in a near-impassable forest XD

King Kull

You want me to make a character sheet?
Mats

Lady Jenn

King Kull

This is my Character, didn't really decide his personality and morals etcetera yet. So he is a pretty powerful fighter type but he has no magic or supernatural abilities/objects. Maybe you can suggest from where he is? Some forested mountainous area? 

Name: Grim Direwolf (Direwolf is the name of his clan; the Direwolf Clan)
Race: Human
“Class”: Barbarian ranger/warrior.
Height: 195 cm
Weight: 130 kg
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Raven black, wavy and thick. His hair is long and unruly going down just past his shoulders. He has a leather headband to keep his hair away from his face. He is clean shaven.

General appearance: Grim has massive muscles and wide shoulders and chest. He is tanned from the sun but naturally quite pale. His nose is not completely straight from being broken once and he has a scar on his right cheek. He wears leather and fur, but no armour. On his left forearm he has a leather bracer to protect it from the bowstring of his powerful bow. If it is not to cold he prefers to have a bare upper body.
Notable Possessions: Grim’s most valued and valuable possession is his hand-and-a-half sword. It is of good quality but neither exceptional nor magical. It has a four feet wide blade and a tampered point making it suitable for both cuts and thrusts. The hilt is another feet so it can be handled with two hands. The sword is more costly than all his other possessions together. Besides the sword he has a powerful compound bow in a quiver on his back and a quiver with arrows. In his belt he carries the sword and a large hunting knife. He looks somewhat like a warrior but completely without armour and without a shield, so maybe he is more a heavy armed ranger. He has a scent hound for hunting. It’s not an aggressive dog and it’s a bit old now. He loves his dog deeply. It looks like a Harrier dog.

Skills: He’s a swordsman and an archer. He grew up in the wilderness so the forest and the mountains are his homes. He knows about plants, animals and survival in the wild. He didn’t see the wild plains or the farmlands so those environments are not part of his expertise. He’s a tracker and a hunter and he knows how to train hounds. His fighting style is that he uses his sword both for cutting, thrusting and parrying; much like a fencer. His strength enables him to that with his heavy sword. He also switches between using one or two hands and some times he can make a blow with only his left hand even do he is right-handed. So even his wapon is big he has a technical style of fighting.

Lack of skill: Even thou he is agile and an experienced hunter his size and weight works against him when it comes to stealth. He leaves tracks just from his large feet and weight, when sneaking there is always a risk that he not only breaks a twig but an entire three branch. And when trying to hide; well he needs something big to hide behind! He has no schooling what so ever. He doesn’t know about how life in cities or even on farms work. His social etiquette is somewhat different from civilized communities.
Mats