Need an RP

Started by Lady Jenn, April 04, 2017, 06:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

Okay, doing this a bit differently this time. My last remaining active RP is now dead as the other person in it just quit the site. Combine this with the fact I'm having no luck with even starting an RP most of the time and I've decided I need to just put feelers out (for want of a better phrase) and start with who's interested because I've had enough of pitching ideas which don't go anywhere.

My ideas tend to be sci-fi or fantasy, if that helps narrow it down for anyone at all lol

StrangeVsWeird

Well, I certainly realize this is a VERY old post, but hi! I'm new so...ha. I'm Strange and am just browsing this forum site, kinda getting a feel for things and just saw that no one responded to your request! Have you noticed if the Non Adult section is fairly inactive? I'm just curious lol

Anyway, I enjoy writing fantasy too! What kind of fantasy are you into? Modern supernatural stuff like vamps and werewolves and whatnot or medieval type such as witches/wizards and dragons? :)

Anyway, I'm just kinda running around saying 'hi' to random people. Seeing if I get responses lol XD

Lady Jenn

I have one I keep trying to (unsuccessfully) get started called Wrath of the Dragonkin...which is very Tolkein, but there are lots of dragons...and they're seriously pissed lol

StrangeVsWeird

Well...

I'm interested in the sense that I don't think I've ever written dragonkin before, so that'll definitely be a challenge and I'm always up for challenges! Something I'll probably have to Google, even though dragons are my favorite! Odd, I know.

Do you have a general plot line for it? Also, are these dragonkin more humanoid or more reptilian? Do they morph? Like human, but can turn into dragons? Lol. I tend to get detailed in things I write XD

Lady Jenn

well, it's mainly dragons, although there are other relatives of theirs hanging around (also, the dragons are capable of making themselves appear human...which is a good thing considering they fact they're almost without exception friggin' massive

Levi

I would be interested to I love Tolkien
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Lady Jenn

I was gonna say it's not that much like Tolkein...then I realised anything with humans, orks and elves is inevitably gonna be compared to LOTR XD

Levi

Or slightly GOT only the dragons though :)

Lady Jenn

These have magical powers though, and definitely don't do the whole "Serving other people" thing

Levi

Dragons should be free anways, would the magic be elemental or just wild?

Lady Jenn

all sorts, like they can take human forms (for when people might be intimated by 30 foot dragons that breathe fire lol)

Levi

Ohh, interesting. So while they are not tame dragons they certainly seem 'friendly' it would be interesting to try it as a dragon but out of curiosity are the local population just human? Or is there magic available?

Lady Jenn

oh, I wouldn't say the dragons are necessarily friendly :P there is magic around, it's not like Harry Potter where every man and his dog can theoretically have magic though lol

Levi

Lady Jenn

do you want to see the story pitch, so to speak? might make more sense that way lol

Levi

Absolutely, although I will warn you I'm very new so I may have loads of questions

Lady Jenn

The world is wild and barely controlled. Ouside of a handful of large settlements humanity live in small pockets of civilization. One of the settlements is the fortress city of Tarnegar, but although it appears safe from outside threat the real danger of the city lies within.

It is ruled by a tyrant, King Myraz, who has ruled for longer than any of his subjects have lived. His unnatural lifespan stems from a dragonkin artefact, stolen a century and a half before from the king of Dragonblight himself, Stormrider. With the power the king wields it seems none can oppose him.

There are a handful intent on stopping Myraz however. Your father believes, if Stormrider could be contacted, that he may aid you in retrieving the artefact and defeating Myraz once and for all. The journey is treacherous but Myraz's men are preparing to move against your father.

The greatest adventure of your life lies ahead, but with miles of hostile country between you and Dragonblight can you live long enough to seek the aid of a race that hates humans?

Levi

Looks interesting, so the central character is going to try and  approach the dragons  I think I would lean towards being a character that the main character takes with them or perhaps someone they meet along the way? How would you like to play it?

Lady Jenn

I don't mind, you could see me as the Game Master so I get to play all the NPCs you meet along the way...and there are quite a few lol

Levi

Sorry what's an NPC?

Lady Jenn

as in characters not played directly by other RPers (Stormrider would be an example because there are huge spoilers around him I'd rather you discover for yourself)

Levi

Ah, that makes sense, thanks. Shall we try a dummy run than and see how it goes?

Lady Jenn

do you want to do a character biography first?

Levi

That might be a good idea, then I'll might know what I'm doing *no promises* will you help?

Lady Jenn

of course :) no-one knows everything, even if they try telling you otherwise lol

Levi

Lady Jenn

I nearly said I was a newbie once but that makes me sound like an old person reminiscing about their childhood :P

Levi

OK I've got something I just need a name

Levi

OK wow I just stumbled across some other people doing biogs and wow there's is so much more detailed, I'll send what I've got so far, would you mind looking at it?

Lady Jenn

sure :) I'll try and give my best advice

Levi

Thanks, I'll send it a bit later tonight as I'm at work right now

Lady Jenn

no worries, I'll be dipping in and out most of the day so I'll take a look when I get the chance :)

Levi

Brill , apparently I will be assigned a mentor at some point which will help :)

Lady Jenn

TsukiyomiMoonscar

Oeh oeh sounds very interesting. Dragon's within the human settlements. Sounds like Metallic dragons applying the polimorph spell. Can I join as well? Seeing how Tolkien is my favorite writer and well having years of playing D&D 3.5 helping me I would like to see wgat you can bring to life!
We choose the foolish of the world to astonish the wise.
The weak to embarrass the strong.
Nothing is impossible, we must hope for everything.
You don’t have to understand things for them to be
You just have to believe in the unbelievable...

Lady Jenn

now I feel like the pressure is on me to get it right XD

TsukiyomiMoonscar

My apologies for that >< I'm merely enthousiastic! You're idea sounds great, afterall we all know that no matter the alignment of dragons they are nasty critters that won't think twice to bite you're head off. Which makes it all the more fun!
We choose the foolish of the world to astonish the wise.
The weak to embarrass the strong.
Nothing is impossible, we must hope for everything.
You don’t have to understand things for them to be
You just have to believe in the unbelievable...

Lady Jenn

Oh, there are plenty of scary critters, there's no outright "good" creatures in this story, just ones slightly nicer than the others :P

Lady Jenn

me and Levi are going to begin the story so anyone else who's interested feel free to post in here (or PM me) and we'll let you join :)

King Kull

I'm interested as well, what kind of characters do you want? Humans only or other races? I guess they will be pretty skilled already to go and find these dragons?
Mats

"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."

Lady Jenn

Not necessarily, there's an element of "Oh crap, we're running out of options" to this quest lol

King Kull

So could I do any type of character? What characters are you two now? 
Mats

"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."

Lady Jenn

she's a young woman with fairly basic combat skills...I'm essentially any character the scene needs (basically think the GM in a game of Dungeons and Dragons. Not as easy as it sounds lol)

King Kull

Yes it's the type of RPGs I'm used to. So she is the only player now? You have any requests for characters, maybe I should be warrior type then if she is not?
Mats

Lady Jenn

I'm open to anything, they're gonna need all the help they can get (and that's BEFORE they get to the dragons lol)

Levi

I agree lol, my character is a bit clueless

Lady Jenn

if you don't mind waiting a bit they're going to reach a tavern soon which might be a more logical place to meet new adventurers than in a near-impassable forest XD

King Kull

You want me to make a character sheet?
Mats

Lady Jenn

King Kull

This is my Character, didn't really decide his personality and morals etcetera yet. So he is a pretty powerful fighter type but he has no magic or supernatural abilities/objects. Maybe you can suggest from where he is? Some forested mountainous area? 

Name: Grim Direwolf (Direwolf is the name of his clan; the Direwolf Clan)
Race: Human
“Class”: Barbarian ranger/warrior.
Height: 195 cm
Weight: 130 kg
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Raven black, wavy and thick. His hair is long and unruly going down just past his shoulders. He has a leather headband to keep his hair away from his face. He is clean shaven.

General appearance: Grim has massive muscles and wide shoulders and chest. He is tanned from the sun but naturally quite pale. His nose is not completely straight from being broken once and he has a scar on his right cheek. He wears leather and fur, but no armour. On his left forearm he has a leather bracer to protect it from the bowstring of his powerful bow. If it is not to cold he prefers to have a bare upper body.
Notable Possessions: Grim’s most valued and valuable possession is his hand-and-a-half sword. It is of good quality but neither exceptional nor magical. It has a four feet wide blade and a tampered point making it suitable for both cuts and thrusts. The hilt is another feet so it can be handled with two hands. The sword is more costly than all his other possessions together. Besides the sword he has a powerful compound bow in a quiver on his back and a quiver with arrows. In his belt he carries the sword and a large hunting knife. He looks somewhat like a warrior but completely without armour and without a shield, so maybe he is more a heavy armed ranger. He has a scent hound for hunting. It’s not an aggressive dog and it’s a bit old now. He loves his dog deeply. It looks like a Harrier dog.

Skills: He’s a swordsman and an archer. He grew up in the wilderness so the forest and the mountains are his homes. He knows about plants, animals and survival in the wild. He didn’t see the wild plains or the farmlands so those environments are not part of his expertise. He’s a tracker and a hunter and he knows how to train hounds. His fighting style is that he uses his sword both for cutting, thrusting and parrying; much like a fencer. His strength enables him to that with his heavy sword. He also switches between using one or two hands and some times he can make a blow with only his left hand even do he is right-handed. So even his wapon is big he has a technical style of fighting.

Lack of skill: Even thou he is agile and an experienced hunter his size and weight works against him when it comes to stealth. He leaves tracks just from his large feet and weight, when sneaking there is always a risk that he not only breaks a twig but an entire three branch. And when trying to hide; well he needs something big to hide behind! He has no schooling what so ever. He doesn’t know about how life in cities or even on farms work. His social etiquette is somewhat different from civilized communities.
Mats

King Kull

I have a suggestion if you want more players; make a new request thread with the name of your campaign in the title a description. This thread is old and vague, people might not read it to the end.
Mats

Lady Jenn

Quote from: King Kull on July 14, 2017, 07:18:28 AM
This is my Character, didn't really decide his personality and morals etcetera yet. So he is a pretty powerful fighter type but he has no magic or supernatural abilities/objects. Maybe you can suggest from where he is? Some forested mountainous area? 

Name: Grim Direwolf (Direwolf is the name of his clan; the Direwolf Clan)
Race: Human
“Class”: Barbarian ranger/warrior.
Height: 195 cm
Weight: 130 kg
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Raven black, wavy and thick. His hair is long and unruly going down just past his shoulders. He has a leather headband to keep his hair away from his face. He is clean shaven.

General appearance: Grim has massive muscles and wide shoulders and chest. He is tanned from the sun but naturally quite pale. His nose is not completely straight from being broken once and he has a scar on his right cheek. He wears leather and fur, but no armour. On his left forearm he has a leather bracer to protect it from the bowstring of his powerful bow. If it is not to cold he prefers to have a bare upper body.
Notable Possessions: Grim’s most valued and valuable possession is his hand-and-a-half sword. It is of good quality but neither exceptional nor magical. It has a four feet wide blade and a tampered point making it suitable for both cuts and thrusts. The hilt is another feet so it can be handled with two hands. The sword is more costly than all his other possessions together. Besides the sword he has a powerful compound bow in a quiver on his back and a quiver with arrows. In his belt he carries the sword and a large hunting knife. He looks somewhat like a warrior but completely without armour and without a shield, so maybe he is more a heavy armed ranger. He has a scent hound for hunting. It’s not an aggressive dog and it’s a bit old now. He loves his dog deeply. It looks like a Harrier dog.

Skills: He’s a swordsman and an archer. He grew up in the wilderness so the forest and the mountains are his homes. He knows about plants, animals and survival in the wild. He didn’t see the wild plains or the farmlands so those environments are not part of his expertise. He’s a tracker and a hunter and he knows how to train hounds. His fighting style is that he uses his sword both for cutting, thrusting and parrying; much like a fencer. His strength enables him to that with his heavy sword. He also switches between using one or two hands and some times he can make a blow with only his left hand even do he is right-handed. So even his wapon is big he has a technical style of fighting.

Lack of skill: Even thou he is agile and an experienced hunter his size and weight works against him when it comes to stealth. He leaves tracks just from his large feet and weight, when sneaking there is always a risk that he not only breaks a twig but an entire three branch. And when trying to hide; well he needs something big to hide behind! He has no schooling what so ever. He doesn’t know about how life in cities or even on farms work. His social etiquette is somewhat different from civilized communities.

That sounds really good :) tbh, anywhere north of the forest they're in now lies not far from Orc infested territory so he could be a local woodsman who lives by himself (other than the occasional visit to the town we're heading for) who's a veteran of Orc raiding parties/the dodgier denizens of the forest. If that makes sense?

As for the multiplayer point (can't be bothered to do this as a separate post lol), I think three is probably actually a good number, while more players would be fun as I've discovered from past experiences the more players you have the more you run the risk of people being held up by someone going AWOL (especially if the person who does so needs to post something to move the plot along)

King Kull

Yes to many players are not good either, when we do desktop RP we like 3-4 players and 1 GM. To many players also gets confusing. I see him more as belonging to a wild barbaric tribe not as an isolated individual and loner. But he can be there for any reason; seeking adventure. He would be opportunist, some times a tracker, some times a mercenary (And sometimes a bandit?). He has also been a pit-fighter, a primitive form of gladiator fights. That's where he learned to fight technically without armour. I will make a bit of a background.
Mats

Lady Jenn

sounds good :) admittedly this is definitely a world where (other than where Ebony comes from) there's not much of what you'd describe as "civilization", especially north of the forest where Orcs, Trolls...and worse...can roam around pretty freely so it's believable there might be mercenaries running around (lots of farmers wanting protection after all)

King Kull

To Grim any city is civilization even large villages. 
Mats

Lady Jenn

Well, then there's the town they're riding for and...well, not much else other than the occasional farm, he'd probably quite enjoy the landscape lol

King Kull

How does this background fit your world?

Grim belongs to the primitive and wild barbarian tribe the Hercynians. They are war-like and constantly at war with Orcs or raiding human settlements. Their different clans fight each other as well. They are generally considered to be on the “good” side; they would never ally themselves with Orcs and such creatures. But still people fear them because they do raid humans as well. They like elves even thou they are very different from them. It is because they share the elves veneration for nature. The Hercynians respect nature and animals and never cut down more threes than necessary and they hunt for food never for sport. Actually they respect nature more than humans. The Hercynians technology is not so developed; they do make axes, knifes and spear points from steel but can not make long swords like the one Grim have. And they can’t make steel armour. Grim has sold his services as a scout or as a warrior and he has been a pit-fighter, a primitive form of gladiator fights. That's where he learned to fight technically without armour, since that is the rules in those fights.
Mats

Lady Jenn

the only thing I'd say is (although this doesn't necessarily have to affect the background) that in this world most of the elves (outside of the Rangers in the forest anyway) went south some time ago, for quite some time to elves and dragons fled the human world and have basically ignored what's happening. The king would probably be in a lot more trouble if either the elves came north, the dragons came south or even both.

King Kull

They might have old tribal memories from when there where more elfs so they still think the same of the few that are left.

Will you let me know when I can enter the RP?
Mats

Lady Jenn

I'll have to check she's okay with the post but I got Ebony and Ariadne to the tavern so, if Levi is okay with it, you could jump in now (or wait till we've done a couple more posts, I'll let you know once I've heard back from her). I can imagine you'd be the one guy not put off by the mean looking elf, unlike the other patrons lol

King Kull

Mean looking? I thought they had some romance going? (I read your story but not very detailed). Well Grim isn't very easily intimidated and likes elves as a cultural heritage from his tribe. When I meet your characters describe them or direct me to where they are described.   
Mats

Lady Jenn

Let's just say she has a rep for not taking shit off people, so anyone who might try getting...cosy with Ebony otherwise is smart enough to not pick a fight with someone who could kick their ass without breaking into a sweat lol.

Will obviously depend on if Levi wants me to edit my post, he could always be by the bar when she walks over, that way there's a relatively natural way to run into each other, so to speak

King Kull

Well Grim doesn't know who you are or what you have been up to until you enters the Tavern. But he needs an adventure, possible reward, etc. of some sort to motivate him to hook up with you two.
Mats

Lady Jenn

I think between me and Ebony we just gave you an in...so to speak

Lady Jenn

I think Grim will DEFINITELY want a stiffer drink when he hears what lies ahead :P

King Kull

I want to remind you that MC and I don't know what MC see in front of him. I have no description at all of Ebony.
Mats

Lady Jenn

Gonna get Levi to post a character sheet in here, do you want to edit your last post or should one of me and her do a reply so Grim can "see" Ebony properly?

Levi

Born in Tarnegar, Ebony was raised from a young age by her father. Her mother passed away when Ebony was young leaving behind a bracelet covered in curious ruins. Up until her 18th birthday the young woman had led a fairly carefree life but was starting to feel that her father is a little overprotective. Ebony wants to start making decisions about her future but she still loves her father very much.

She is slightly taller then the average female at 5'9 and her long silver hair is tied in a plait over her left shoulder, Ebony is slightly curvaceous in figure. Her striking blue eyes flash whenever she is annoyed and she can not conceal her emotions very well. Her fair skin shows tan lines from where she has lain in the sun reading.

(Extra info) Ebony is now also wearing a two swords around her waist, one a gift made by her father Vennar, the other a mystical blade named The Dawnhammer. She is also wearing a red Dragonblood gem necklace. Ebony is also starting to have feeling for her beautiful companion.

( note from myself) Ebony doesn't really have much out of town real life experiences so I feel she may find Grim slightly intimidating on there first meeting

King Kull

Thanks Levi. Starting to have feelings?  ;)   Yes Grim is probably more intimidating than that wolf Ebony saw.
Mats

King Kull

I added to the last post about Ebony, hopefully I managed to give a bad first impression of Grim!
Mats

Lady Jenn

Levi is welcome to post first, unfortunately I'm off to volunteer for a four hours so my reply will be delayed a bit. Also, we should figure out a posting order, so we don't have anyone writing a reply only to discover while they were completing it someone made a new reply anyway lol

King Kull

That's fine, I'm number 3 then since I just posted.
Mats

Lady Jenn

me, Levi then you seems the best order (assuming Levi doesn't mind), I'll just make sure that my posts don't leave one or other of you thinking "...I have no way to respond to that" lol

King Kull

Good I wait for Levi's post
Mats

Lady Jenn

I like the idea Marcus isn't even going on this quest and even HE'S like "...I need a drink" :P

King Kull

My last post was a bit short and lame but I didn't feel I had so much to build on since Grim didn't know anything
Mats

Lady Jenn

no worries, as I said to Levi I'm happy for a short post if you don't think you can manage more, you shouldn't feel obliged to waffle endlessly just cos you think I'm expecting a long post

King Kull

How does this goblins look like?
Mats

Lady Jenn

think small and fast, not heavily armoured though (otherwise they'd struggle to move so quickly unseen lol)

King Kull

When I wrote that Grim had got to know Ebony I didn't realise it was just the day before they met, it felt like a lot longer!  :-)
Mats

Lady Jenn

I'm not sure how to take that comment lol

King Kull

Like we had a lot of social interaction in that time
Mats

Levi

I get what you mean, it does seem like theve known each other a lot longer then the time they've been traveling for.

Lady Jenn

is that a good thing or a bad thing?

King Kull

Mats

Lady Jenn

King Kull

Is this the same day?
Mats

Lady Jenn

Yeah, like Arva said it's not a good idea to go too far north without a break, otherwise they might wish they were back with the goblins lol

King Kull

If I seem a bit obsessed with Ebony my official excuse is that I have to write something?
Mats

Lady Jenn

no worries, if you want to pick a fight with Ariadne that's your choice lol

King Kull

I should have done it when she was wounded ;)
Mats

Lady Jenn

I promise she wouldn't injure Grim...much lol

LiaraAmagi

Hi, i'll rp with you. I have two or three ideas on my mind but, i'm not fully accepted yet.

One is about the origin of the Vampires and werewolves. Another is an anthroxhuman thread, where the anthro falls for his creators daughter. The third is where a human finds a young dragon from the Shadow tribe.

Lady Jenn

I'd be interested in the third scenario, what were you thinking of exactly?

LiaraAmagi

Hmm, the shadow dragon one? I was thinking that the shadow dragon tribe could magically dominate and 'improve' someone's body. I was kind of thinking that maybe he sees my character as a mother and his instincts pop up more when she isn't around. He over hears other humans insulting her and gets overprotective of her...to the point of using his powers. Least that's my thoughts...

Lady Jenn

That could be interesting, I'm guessing I'd be the dragon in that situation?

LiaraAmagi

Lady Jenn

I've never tried playing a dragon...not a baby one anyway XD

LiaraAmagi

LiaraAmagi

Lady Jenn

what kind of dragon are you looking for?

LiaraAmagi

A western style dragon...

Lady Jenn

I mean any preferences, dragons can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes after all lol

LiaraAmagi

Not really, you can choose what style you want.

Lady Jenn

Any other guidelines? I don't want to write a character who misses the point of the story entirely

LiaraAmagi

Not really, i'my usually flexible with characters.

Lady Jenn

Okay, I'll try and write one up in the morning, now I'd better sleep lol

King Kull

I think we too much just follow extremely powerful characters around without making any difference to the story, Grim will begin to do independent things and make decisions that change the story from now on.

What do you think Levi?

Mats

Lady Jenn

sorry, I need to sort out my posts, wasn't actually trying to write it like that

Levi

I think it will depend on what you have in mind, and as long as  Lord Bane is alright with that, I'll run with that :)

Levi

Quote from: Lord Bane on August 06, 2017, 02:34:43 PM
sorry, I need to sort out my posts, wasn't actually trying to write it like that

No need to apologise, from my point of view, you've properly been trying to write, to help me respond, after all this was my very first time. Getting more confident every day.

Lady Jenn

it's kind of a Catch 22, if I underwrite it and barely move the story along you guys won't find it any easier to figure how to respond lol

King Kull

Yes but according to me even a GM shouldn't do god modding.   
Mats

Lady Jenn

I'm sorry if I've done that, it's certainly not being done intentionally

A Painter

I see a fantasy game with dragons being cooked up. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Lady Jenn

it's already quite a long way through XD although I'm happy to start another thread of it

Normie

Hey guys..... "fantasy setting with dragons" sounds right up my alley. Mind if I join? A second thread would also be great. Thanks!

Lady Jenn

it also has elves and orcs and other crazy crap too :P

Normie

I'd expect nothing less. Should I read up on the recent posts and jump in, or wait until there's another thread?

Lady Jenn

probably better for me to start another thread, cos like most things I write you'd be faced with something you wouldn't describe as light reading if you tried to catch up :P

Normie

Alright, just remind us when it's up!

Lady Jenn

How many are interested in a second thread? Don't want to be waiting to form it for someone who's not turning up lol

King Kull

Sorry I didn't answer our old thread in a few days I was busy. 

What would the second thread be about?
Mats

Lady Jenn

it'd probably be a 2nd version of this for people who've voiced an interest since you, me and Levi's thread got going. Don't want to make interested parties have to read through all those posts to catch up lol

King Kull

They might enjoy to read it
Mats

Lady Jenn

I guess, it's also partly a problem of the more people there are in the thread the more difficult it'll be to keep track of who's doing what

King Kull

Sorry I didn't answer for some days, I have some personal stuff slowing me down. If you think I'm taking to long you could pass me over and I jump in next turn.
Mats

Lady Jenn

nah, we'll wait as long as we have to, that kind of stuff happens to the best of us. Hopefully things improve for you soon

Minty

Hi! I m so sorry if I am interrupting things, but I read the first page with your dragonkin idea and I think it is absolutely awesome. I am still unapproved and working through the process but this is an rp I am really interested in.

Lady Jenn

I was trying to recruit people for a second version but the people who seemed interested have gone silent recently :/

Minty

well if a 2nd version happens I'd love to take part!

Lady Jenn

that'd be great :) good luck getting approved

Minty

Levi

Quote from: Minty on August 25, 2017, 06:51:12 PM
well if a 2nd version happens I'd love to take part!

I actually wouldn't mind trying this from another perspective, I feel Ebony's innocence might have restricted a more adventurous plot line?

Lady Jenn

I hadn't thought of that, that'd be interesting to explore

Minty

I'd probably go with a character that wasn't so innocent as well (I mean fighting and killing wise and not relationship wise.)

Levi

Quote from: Lord Bane on August 26, 2017, 11:36:46 AM
I hadn't thought of that, that'd be interesting to explore

What do think Bane, can you put up with me some more :)

Lady Jenn

sounds good to me, I can think of another RP idea I have these characters would be suited to, although it's definitely more sci-fi than fantasy lol

Levi

Minty

Oh I'd love to hear about a sci-fi one

Lady Jenn

You have been locked up for a crime you swear you didn't commit, but are struggling to prove your innocence. Luckily, among the staff of your prison is Professor Mertens, a scientist who has possession of a machine, called Enigma, which can read even the most shielded mind. He claims this may be the only way to uncover the truth. But Enigma is not what it seems.

It sees everything.

It KNOWS everything.

And discovering the truth of your crime, and the truth of the machine itself, will reveal one of the universe's oldest, and darkest secrets.

One the human race may struggle to survive...

Levi

Ohhh, that sounds interesting!

Minty

Ahhh that sounds totally awesome!

Lady Jenn

I wound up naming it The Nightmare Enigma...I still haven't figured out WHY that name though lol

Levi

Cool name, my minds exploding with possibilities.

Minty

I like that name. I. Pretty excited to think up a character for this

Lady Jenn

I should warn there's a good chance there won't be a whole lot of comedy in it...I'm writing it as a book currently and it's endless darkness :P

King Kull

Quote from: Levi on August 26, 2017, 11:13:20 AM
I actually wouldn't mind trying this from another perspective, I feel Ebony's innocence might have restricted a more adventurous plot line?

Levi if you want to be less innocent we could make like a longer stay here with the elf's waiting for some opening during which time Grim is training ebony to be a good fighter and maybe some elves teach her other things? We don't have to role play that only say like now it is two weeks later. Then Ebony could start out like a more "practical" person? What do you think about that Levi and Lord Bane?
Mats

Lady Jenn

If Levi's happy to do that I have no objection

Minty

I think that is just fine by me. This is my first RP on here. Do we start by making a sub board for the RP? Or do we flesh out a character profile first? I'm sorry if these are really dumb questions.

Lady Jenn

no such thing as a dumb question, probably best to make up a character profile first rather than posting it in the thread itself

Levi

Approved new character for new rp :)

Brandy had a past, everyone did. If Brandy's past could talk it would be with a capital P. Abandoned at birth and living rough all her life. Brandy learnt how to make herself useful by being the light on her feet and chatty with everyone. This quickly made her the go to girl on the street. Whatever you wanted Brandy could get it. This skill made her invaluable with the head's of the street gangs which brought her a fair ammount of immunity. It was during one such transaction that she gained her sword, and over years of study became a force to be reckoned with in her own right.One day she was asked to get a very rare item. A buglery of a rather handsome gemstone belonging to the commissioner of police. The information on the owner had not been given to her and so she had no idea who's home she was raiding, it became all to clear that the whole thing had been a trap. So she was captured and brought to the prison, where Brandy continued to be an entipinure and producer of goods. Her long red hair and eyes (contacts she had procured) made her a marked beauty upon the prison. However her standoffish aura made it clear she was not interested, she did make a few carefully selected friends amongst the prison gang leaders. After all everywhere had gangs.

Lady Jenn

I can't remember if I pointed this out (and this may have no effect on the character) but this is a prison in space

Minty

Skurai was a space pirate. She had a really great crew and a nice ship and things were going pretty well for her as far as treasure hunting goes..Until she realized one of her crew was a yellow belly agent and turned her in. She lost everything....Every single thing.. And now she's got to get it all back.

Honestly, Skurai, or Rai for short, couldn't remember a time that she wasn't in space and on the wrong side of the law. She'd never killed anyone, really.. Just stolen..A LOT. I mean, a whole damn lot.. And the thievery only grew in scale as she got older until she was a pirate captain and found herself taking over shipping vessels and pleasure cruises across the galaxy. The 24 year old woman has a good eye for worth and a quick hand so watch yourself.

Minty

Skurai is an old favorite of mine. She's always a pirate XD . But I can revamp her to fit better into the story if need be.

Levi

Quote from: Lord Bane on August 30, 2017, 02:17:03 PM
I can't remember if I pointed this out (and this may have no effect on the character) but this is a prison in space
ooh, you didn't to me, but that's ok Brandy can basically get abandoned anywhere, also liking the look of Skurai! :)

Minty

Quote from: Levi on August 30, 2017, 02:33:17 PM
ooh, you didn't to me, but that's ok Brandy can basically get abandoned anywhere, also liking the look of Skurai! :)

Thank you! I like Brandy too. :3  I didn't know either until I saw that and I instantly knew I'd try to use Skurai haha.

Levi

I think Rai will fit perfectly as is! Feeling sorry for lord banes character surrounded by beautiful women lol :D

Minty

;) We're going to be a handful!

Lady Jenn

You're going to need to be, to say the villains in this are...unpleasant might be the world's greatest understatement :P

Levi

Quote from: Lord Bane on August 30, 2017, 04:48:33 PM
You're going to need to be, to say the villains in this are...unpleasant might be the world's greatest understatement :P

Bane your always such a teese, stop dropping hints, and drop a character profile already lol :)
Quote from: Minty on August 30, 2017, 02:50:05 PM
;) We're going to be a handful!
that we are Minty :)

Minty

Yeeesss! Give us a character! <3

Lady Jenn

(I might have to sort out a character picture later, not got one at the moment lol)

Timothy Scott, on the face of it, is a pretty unremarkable young man. Born on a merchant navy freighter to parents who rarely spent long on planets, other than a brief time in a military academy during his teenage years he has always worked the freighters. But he hides a dark secret, a horrific childhood which has left him with emotional, and even some physical, scars.

This is not why he is in prison however. Three years ago Timothy woke up in a hotel room, his girlfriend's dead body next to him. Despite his pleas of innocence the evidence appears damning. So now, while trying to keep as hidden as possible from the more dangerous inhabitants of the prison, he will do anything to find the truth.

Minty

Sounds like a great character concept! I can't wait to get started. C:

Levi

Quote from: Minty on August 31, 2017, 12:13:51 PM
Sounds like a great character concept! I can't wait to get started. C:

Yeah let's go!

Lady Jenn

Minty

Awesome! I am excited!

Lady Jenn

Levi

Lady Jenn

we ought to figure out a post order, starting with me obviously since I posted first XD

Levi

Lady Jenn

so by a process of elimination, Minty will post last lol

Minty

Woot woot! I am okay with that. :3

Lady Jenn

King Kull

I will be away until Friday
Mats

Lady Jenn

Lawshenk

I am interested in a 1-1 if you are

Lady Jenn

what kind of story were you looking for?

Lawshenk

Retiring super hero recruiting replacement

Lady Jenn

Lawshenk

It's open to discussion I guess

Lady Jenn

I'm open either way, my character might wind up being a bit weird though lol

Lawshenk

That's ok so do I make it or will you?

Lady Jenn

we should probably do character bios first

Lawshenk

Here? Then who is whom

Lady Jenn

I don't mind, who would you prefer to be?

Lawshenk

The retiree where do I post the character bio ? May I see yours as an example?

Lady Jenn

Post in here I think. Here's mine:

Name: Clint Walker
Appearance: 5'10, green eyes, straggly brown hair, average build. Does carry a nasty scar on his left cheek.
Biography: Clint spent the first seventeen years of his life leading a steady, if distinctly average, life. But after a car accident just before his eighteenth birthday Clint has found himself changing. Now aged 22, Clint is on the run, trying to hide his telepathy and ability to form a shield around himself hidden from those who might manipulate his powers. He needs someone to train him, especially he is beginning to suspect he may be developing other powers he has yet to identify.

Lawshenk

Name: Geri Goldhind;
Age Appears: 22,
Short bio: Geri Aka the golden shot has been the main super hero of her town for years to many years, her powers are weakening and she is tiring. She used some conections and gadgets to locate the next likly hero's unfortunately most said no so she is stuck running her coffee shop until her replacement arrives.

Lady Jenn

That s me an idea, what if Geri comes across him because he has a run-in with someone where he accidentally uses his powers which alerts Geri to his presence?

Lawshenk

Sounds good please post and I'll reply

Lady Jenn

What shall we call it? we need a good title lol

Lawshenk

Lady Jenn

Sounds od :) any more questions before I go post?

Lawshenk

Lady Jenn

I've got to go eat but I'll post when I get back

Lawshenk

Ok just link me and I'll be good to go

Lady Jenn

Lawshenk

Kore

Hello! Just popping in and wondering if you had any stray RP ideas you'd maybe want to nail down with me! Let me know! :D

Lady Jenn

depends what kind of RP you're looking for lol

Kore

Anything, really! I'm not picky and am looking for ideas right now. Got a hankering for anything in particular? :)

Lady Jenn

most of my stories are either fantasy or sci-fi, same with the books I write. Heck, I came up with an idea for a murder mystery...which ended up involving the supernatural, aliens and a worldwide conspiracy :P

Levi

Two things, I really have nothing to add to wrath ATM so Krull please feel free to step in upon your return

Also to Krull,minty and bane- I am finally moving house this weekend so may be without internet for a few days

Lady Jenn

damn new house internet :P

King Kull

Who is "Advance" Levi?
Mats

King Kull

I'm going away for two weeks, I don't know how busy I will be with work but hopefully I will still have time to write sometimes.

Yours King Kull
Mats

mystery7

Anybody into a simple role play with muscle involved?