Words and Wanton [Literate Long Term] M for F/M

Started by Rogued1, November 06, 2014, 03:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogued1

Good evening, good evening; good evening!

I see you've stumbled into my own little slice of the incredibly vast network of impossibilities that is the world of writing. Let me introduce myself, I am Rogued1, or simply Rogue if you prefer such informality, and I am seeking stories. Now, before you scroll down to the lovingly crafted plot ideas where all the true fun begins, I'd like to explain a little about what I'm actually doing here.

First and foremost, if you have come here looking to rub one off with literature, I'm not your man. While I'm comfortable with all things sexual, in fact you might even use the word skilled, I am not here to write smut. I know, kind of contradictory seeing as this is a website dedicated to adult RPs, but hear me out. Adult has more meaning than simply erotica, and I love exploring the extent to which mature stories can be taken before the characters inevitably fall upon each other like rabid hyenas and have the kind of sex that only happens in newlywed suites and behind dumpsters in large cities. Not that I'm opposed to sex in a story, far from it, but it has always been my intention to write good stories, to "make good art" as Neil Gaiman so artfully put it, and sex is only one component of such art. If sex is necessary for the story, then let there be copious amounts of fuckery. However, it is far, far from my main intention in any tale, and if you are looking for a story with me, bear this in mind.     

I tend to end up using threads, partially because I love seeing the lurker counter climbing, and partially because I like being able to go back and modify things later. I will not RP over IM clients, I use those for work, and it's a little awkward when you're trying to talk to your boss and someone else keeps sending you far more interesting messages. 

Please DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD, send me a PM instead. I only ever check this thread when I'm updating it, so it can be weeks or months between me looking on here, so your post is likely to get ignored. Plus, I like the nice orderly look of a thread with only a couple posts on it. So, if you want to get a hold of me, please PM me.

I feel I should warn you now. I write a lot. A small post for me is usually around 6 paragraphs, where as a long post can go on for pages. I follow heavily the quality over quantity rule, but I find I just can't get what I feel needs to be said out in less than 6 paragraphs. It does happen, but not often. I don't requite the same of a partner, a moderate 3 paragraphs of good writing satisfies me just fine, but I will adore you for life if you can write at the same length and quality as I strive to do.

If I've given you any ideas or you have an original story you'd like to try out, Please PM me! I absolutely adore original stories of any kind, and I'd love to work out a plot with you.

Now, if I haven't scared you away yet...

A little about my plot ideas.

Okay, so I hope these synopses are self explanatory enough, but there are a few details I'd like to mention before you dive into the fun part of all of this.

• First of all, most of these stories can be modified for any pairing. I'm perfectly comfortable writing as just about anyone, so all you need do is ask if you'd rather play a MXM or FXF pairing for a story that is described as having a male and female protagonist. That being said, some of these stories don't quite work with one pairing of another. I've tried to make this easy to see, but if I've failed in that goal you need only ask for clarification.
  • Also, I have written all of these synopses with [MC] (my character) and [YC] (your character) to indicate roles. I used to make up names for everything, but I often find I switch names halfway through, and generally I much prefer to name character at the start of a story. It gives them considerably more meaning to me.

Rogued1

The Skies are Filled with Diamonds
Genre: Sci-Fi, Horror
Story Elements: Space Travel, Piracy, Conspiracy, Alien/Monster hunting,
Character Pairing: Rock-Jockey X New Recruit

Strange how the drive to ever move outwards pushes a certain kind of person to the edge of civilization. When that edge moved from the edges of the jungle to the edges of mars, that explorer spirit went with it, and a mere hundred years after the first man set foot on the surface of the moon, the first martian countries were being formed. By this time though, the edge is farther out, reaching into the asteroid belt and beyond, to the moons of the outer planets, where the sun is nothing but a particularly bright star in a sky of billions. A single crown jewel in a velvet night of diamonds. That explorer spirit has pushed mankind to the brink of logical space, and now it threatens to push further, to escape the gravity well of Sol entirely and spiral off into the distant stars.

Following that explorer comes the prospector, the man or woman who seeks to tame the wild chaos of the universe and bend it to their will. While the explorer becomes a part of their new environment, the prospector, the settler, do what is truly human, and modify the environment to their own needs. [MC] is full heartedly one of these individuals. A geologist aboard the rock-hopping asteroid hunter called the Whaler, [MC] specializes in analyzing asteroids and determining if they contain valuable resources that might aid in the expansion of the human race. While the Whaler is far from impressive, little more than a retired military freighter re-purposed for harpooning asteroids, [MC] takes pride in his work and enjoys the company of his shipmates, as crude as some of them may be. He has come to see the ancient, creaking, and perpetually leaking ship as his home, and while it’s captain is far from a noble, upstart kind of man, [MC] still respects him and his word.

The mission was supposed to be routine, as is always the case when something goes disastrously wrong. [MC] is outside the ship, [YC], a recent arrival on the ship, how to survey asteroids when out of nowhere a military class stealth ship blasts the Whaler to base atoms with a weapon that nearly blinds the pair of them. Then something strange happens. The stealth ship, who should in theory be leaving now before its flashy weapons attract unwanted attention, remains where it is. The pair watch, mystified, as the ship simply drifts there. Eventually gravity does what it does best, and the asteroid they are hiding on drifts towards the larger mass of the ship. Surely the anti-impact cannons should obliterate them as they approach, but instead the asteroid eventually bumps up against the ship with barely more than a dent. Something is wrong, more wrong than a stealth ship blasting a civilian craft out of the sky. [MC] and [YC] make their way inside the ship, only to discover that its been powered down and there's no sign of the crew. Except... lots and lots of blood, and a broken storage compartment that suggests something tore its way free. Suddenly the empty vacuum of space seems more hospitable than the lonely halls of the empty ship. Something is hunting them, and if they want to claim the prize that robbed them of their home, they need to discover what it is and how to end it.

Core Story Idea:
I only recently realized that despite the fact that I’ve read so many, I’ve never actually written a Space Opera. That ends now friends! Well, this is a little more than just a Space Opera, I want to add a few more elements from other classic Sci-fi concepts. This sort of starts out as Ray Bradbury's "Kaleidoscope” With the characters trapped in empty space, wondering how long it will take for their suits’ life support to run out and for them to die a horrible death. The only thing keeping them from opening their helmets and ending it all is each other, and the hope that someone saw the ship’s attack and will come to their aid. Then it becomes something a little more like  the Alien movies, or Dead Space, there’s something on the ship, clearly not human, that intends to do them harm. The ship is loaded to the gills with weapons, but firing a high powered rifle inside the interior of a spaceship is a rather dramatic way to commit suicide. Instead they must rely on their wits and find a less violent (or perhaps, equally violent, but less destructive) way to end the threat. From there, things get interesting. There is plenty of data that could be used to track down who ordered the attack, as this was clearly not a simple act of piracy. Not that the main characters are above hiring their own crew and attempting a little piracy of their own if it means disrupting those who murdered their crewmates. Suddenly a pair of characters who have had no control over the direction of their lives find themselves in control of a prototype superweapon packed with enough weaponry to rob an armada. Is this the revival of the age of piracy? Or will things take a more complicated turn when they confront the men who pulled the trigger on their friends.

Hell Raiser
Genre: Magical Realism
Story Elements: Comedy, Seduction
Pairing: Wealthy Heir X Succubus/Incubus

[MC] never had an easy life. His mother was a poor single mother who barely managed to scrape by, and her toils eventually lead to her death at a relatively young age. [MC] never really knew much about his extended family, other than the fact that his mother despised them. Then one day, a man with a briefcase arrives from, England. Apparently in an act of amazing charity completely unforeseen by anyone, [MC]'s wealthy uncle has died and left him a massive country estate. What could possibly be better?

It's only when [MC] arrives that he finds out there are some stipulations he must work around. Namely, that his family must accept him as an aristocrat if he is to keep his new found riches, and they have little interest in making it easy him. Apparently, Uncle D'vulder left his estate to [MC] as a final spiteful act against the ancient aristocracy that makes up the rest of his extended family. One last titanic joke before the old bastard passed on. Or so [MC] thinks.

To recap, in order to keep his recently claimed inheritance, [MC] must demonstrate he has the ability to run a multi-million dollar household and learn how to be an aristocrat. All in roughly a month, Easy right?

Unfortunately, these are the least of [MC]'s problems. While exploring the mansion one day, [MC] discovers a secret room his uncle's servants neglected to warn him about. A secret dungeon filled with occult books and sex toys. Apparently Uncle D'vulder was a demonologist, and a bit of a kink. Well, a lot of a kink. Every imaginable sexual object hangs from the walls like some sort of sexy torture room. Alex is just about to have a good hearty laugh at the whole thing when he sees a girl, bound and gagged to a bed in the corner. Naturally, any right minded human being would quickly rush to her help, and this is exactly what he does, scuffing a chalk circle on the ground as he does so. As soon as his foot smears the carefully crafted binding circle, the succubus[YC] sheds her disguise and attacks.

Terrified for his life, [MC] makes a deal with her, a deal that he later realizes was a terrible idea. [MC] needs someone to teach him how to be aristocratic, and this sucubus has been around a lot of crazy rich perverts over the years, so he enlists her to help him. Seeing this as a new and amusing challenge, [YC] ups the ante, and instead proposes a wager.  If during the duration of their time together she manages to successfully seduce him into having sex with her, she gets his soul upon his death. At first [MC] thinks he can simply ignore her, or perhaps rewire his thinking so he doesn't find her attractive, but [YC] has no interest in making this easy for him.  Especially when [MC] wake up to her rubbing her body against him and making those little sighing noises... He quickly realizes it's not a matter of if he will have sex with her, but simply how long he can resist. She has agreed to help him with the family, and is remarkably good at taking on the guise of a well bred and sensible woman, perhaps he stands a chance of overcoming one obstacle. Then maybe when he has time to think, he can deal with the second.

This feels a like the making of a really bad reality TV series. A succubus constantly teasing for sex, a household of servants who haven't quite decided if they want to help or sabotage his inheritance, and an extended family of upper crust assholes who are seeking any excuse to throw him back into the street. It's beginning to look like getting the money is the easy part, it's keeping his soul that'll be the real challenge.

Core Story Idea:
Here is a story more about seduction than actual sex. [MC] desperately doesn't want to surrender himself to her and instead throws himself into the challenge of learning to be an aristocrat. [YC] plays all the classic games, catching him in the shower, sleeping naked on him, taking the form of anything and anyone she thinks will help trick him into the act, but he is nothing if not stubborn and manages to resist. After a while though, she decides to change tactics. Realizing he is using his other problems as a distraction, she starts taking an interest in his financial and family affairs. She begins using her experience to turn him into a gentleman, using her demonic powers to manipulate the staff, and using her remarkably sharp mind to get everything under control. If only to remove all barriers he has erected around himself. Strangely enough though, as events play out, she begins seeing him as more than prey. Does she force him to comply with their deal when she inevitably wins their bet, or take a more complicated route?

Digital Gods
Genre: Sci-Fi
Story Elements:Government Takeover, Underground Rebellion, Augmented Reality, Hacker’s World
Pairing: Digital Ghost X Underground Rebel

Augmented reality is an idea blossoming into something that could be brilliant, however what happens when the idea is taken to far? What would the world look like if you could edit it? Add in trees, make people more attractive. Hack the eyes of everyone who viewed you to make you seem more beautiful, edit out your garbage, your refuge, your homeless and beggars. What if the world comes to depend on the things that are streamed into their mind, and when the lines between the imagined and the real blur too much, what can spill over from one to the other?

And when the world is the way you think it should be, what reason do you have to protest? Why not simply give all power to those who control the machines, they are essentially gods right? Who would oppose that? But as always, someone is fighting, trying to wake humanity up from the fever dream that it has drifted in for so long.

Theo just wanted to be left alone to his art. Left to his computers and imaginary worlds. He never went outside, he never logged out, he knew no one in real life, only those he occasionally bumped into on this forum or another. Theo lived the digital life, completely submerged in his own consciousness, his body nothing but an anchor to tie him to biological needs.

Life in the digital world takes its toll however, and while working on a particularly complex project, Theo forgot to live. He passed from life to death without realizing the transition, and because his conscious had been mostly stored in the worlds he had created, the machine never realized his heart had stopped beating.

Jason knew, but chose not to take notice. However after a few weeks of boredom, he decides to test the boundaries of his new world, and the discoveries he makes shock him to the core of his entirely digital being. The gods of the internet are demons, humanity is left to rot while they play their petty games of power, the value of a human life little more than a digit in the network. Still, with every living human being living in an augmented world, he discovers he can exist in the worlds of others, hacking their eyes to be seen, hacking their ears to be heard, hacking their skin to be felt... This new knowledge and this new power are great burdens to bear, but perhaps he doesn’t have to bear it alone.

She’s sick of running, sick of hiding. The only other people she ever interacts with are the other rebels, grim faced and cynical. All she wants is a friend, all she wants is to feel not quite so alone. That’s when she meets Theo, all smiles and optimism, but there’s something off about him. For some reason he won’t let her see him without her augmented reality turned on.

Core Story Idea:
This story is really about exploring the extent to which a person can exist by only interacting with others through technology. Theo locates a group of rebels and begins working with them, but can only interact in specific ways. While he can open high security doors with barely a thought, he can’t hold a gun, can’t really stand and fight with the rest of them.

Then there’s the complication of the girl. While she has her augmentations up, he can touch her, can kiss her and speak freely to her, but just like all the rebels, she’s worked out how to cut off her link to the digital world, and with it, her link to him. How long can he pretend to be a living person before she gets suspicious?

The Lively Dead
Genre: Zombie Hunting
Story Elements: Satir, Comedy, Zombie Hunting,
Pairing: Gardner X Grave Digger

The inevitable end of life is ideally a quiet grave far from busy traffic, or at the very least a quick death at the hands of an oncoming vehicle. The citizens of Mayburry know that at least when they die, they will be in the capable hands of the Mayburry Historic Graveyard, one of the oldest and best maintained cemeteries in the country. Its acres of manicured lawns are managed by only the most skilled horticulturalists, its towering funeral home is presided over by nearly an army of caretakers and when it comes time to put on your final suit, you could scarcely hope for a more thorough cleanup than the works of Dr. Alderson, one of the most skilled corpse re-constructors in the State. In short, there is little the inhabitants of the sleepy town of Mayburry have to fear from the graveyard. Or rather, little they know they have to fear.

The employees of Mayburry Historic Graveyard however know the truth. For the past couple of nights, the dead have been walking again and attempting to scale the cemeteries thankfully high wrought iron fences, seeking the pulse of the living to add to their numbers. Currently only a few rise every night, and for the most part the undertakers are the only individuals who really know the full extent of the problem. However, that’s likely to not to remain the case for long. Every night, flesh eating undead tear their way up through the lovingly tended grass and wreak havoc on the cemetery while frustrated undertakers chase them around with weighted shovels and sharpened garden tools. At first this is a fairly easy task, the older corpses hardly have any speed to them at all, and beating them down and stuffing them back in their graves proves to be a simple task. What isn’t easy is getting the clots of dirt back in place before daybreak and the arrival of mourners.

However, things are slowly getting worse. More corpses are crawling their way out of the soil, and as they do, they are becoming faster and better at fighting back. The undertakers are being overwhelmed, and the head of the cemetery, a rather proud man aptly named Mr. Slade, refuses to seek outside help for fear of damaging the cemeteries reputation. It falls to the eccentric grave diggers and their equally odd coworkers to slay the undead and find a solution to the growing threat of zombie takeover.

Core Story Idea:
This is another one of my comedy-ish stories, and I expect much fun to be had in the frustrations of the cemetery staff as they combat a problem none of them believes should exist. I’m envisioning the main characters are a gravedigger and a gardener, as they are used to hard manual labor and likely more familiar with the ground than the other living occupants of the graveyard. Mr. Slate refuses to allow the use of firearms, reasoning that the sound of gunshots would attract the attention of the local authorities and likely expose the cemeteries plight.

However, all this running around at night and frantic beating of corpses is likely to attract attention, and while the graveyard employees battle the undead, the local rumor mill begins churning out some doozies. Soon people are talking of secret cults, necrophilia and other outlandish and equally juicy pieces of gossip that cling to the graveyard staff like bad smells. Personal lives are being disturbed, and tempers are rising.

Your Faults as an Artist
Genre: Modern Fiction
Story Elements: Modern Art, Love/Hate Relationships, Drug Abuse, Prostitution
Pairing: Modern Artist X Classical Artist (or) Painter X Sculptor (or) Graffiti Artist X Classical Painter

Everyone knows the stereotype of the starving artist. What they fail to realize is what goes into that stereotype. The dedication to one's art, the constant struggle against a culture who does not respect new artists, the choice between buying supplies or buying meals, and the constant rejection from art dealers, art galleries, everyone.

Still, luckily, some people manage to slog through all the hardship. Gabriel has yet to do that, but he's trying. The only home he's managed to find is a gutted machine shop that he's managed to cobble into a somewhat livable apartment, and the only company he's managed to find is his roommate, a classical painter with a fiery temper and dislike of all things modern art. Between the two of them, they probably account for a good deal of the sin in the city. Sometimes doing what is required to survive means abandoning your morals and your pride.

They fight constantly, about food, about space, about noise, but mostly about art. Gabriel is a modern sculptor, two things she believes are little more than selling out for a profit. They fight with words, they fight with fists, they have even fought with sex, but when you’re constantly dragging someone else up from the depths of their depravity, and they’re doing the same to you, feelings get involved that have no right to exist. Sometimes, things simply get complicated.

Core Story Idea:
This story is an exploration of modern art versus classical art, and what it means to truly suffer for one or the other. The two main characters do not get along at all, but because of the circumstances, they cling to each other like survivors in a flood. They don’t want each other, but they do need each other. This story is mostly about a love/hate relationship between two people who should not be compatible but somehow still are. This story is by far a more gritty one, with drug abuse and prostitution only some of the more self destructive habits the main characters indulge in when life itself seems to be stacked against them.

Nightmares and Fantasies
Genre: Horror, Sci-Fi, Mythical Realism, Fantasy
Story Elements: Mental Landscapes, Survival, Horror, Surreality
Pairing: Explorer X Outsider

The sun is shining, had it done that only moment before? A vague memory of blackness and rough wood sits somewhere in the back of her mind, but it's not really important. The sun is shining now, and the breeze feels wonderful, and the mountains are beautiful, and the ruins of a once great city of towering spires spreads out before her, ready to be explored. There is a vague feeling of darkness on the horizon, for the giant walks somewhere in the valleys beyond the mountains, but she has faced him before and she will face him again. The ruins however, they contain untold potential. They hold strange artifacts of power, tools for bringing light to the world, and maybe bringing back the people that once populated it.

Explorer is unsure how she came to be here, but the knowledge of what she must do is already in her head, filling it to the brim with tales of knights and heroes, of daring tomb raiders stealing the power of the old gods to awaken the new. Find the artifacts, extract the knowledge they contain, bring back the world and slay the giant, simple as that really. Life is so unassumingly easy when one knows one's destiny. The only thing she doesn't know is, the Outsider's place in it.

She is the Outsider.
The Outsider is a stranger, she doesn't belong here. her clothes are strange, her armor, which looks more like a jacket than armor, is bright yellow, and her helmet has glass on the front to protect her eyes, how foolish? The Outsider can’t remember Her name, perhaps she doesn't have one, perhaps she lies. Explorer simply calls her the Outsider, for Explorer is the only person in this world. She knows the Outsider doesn't belong here, shouldn't be here. But, she is kind, and she is lost, and she needs Explorer's help to return to the a world of her own where there are other people. That, and Explorer needs her help, finds uses for her skills, finds comfort in her company.

That and… Explorer feels like she knows her. Perhaps from long ago. Another lifetime, another world. But that is unimportant right now. The giant looms on the horizon, his aura of despair and horror creeping through her perfect world in a miasma of terror. He must be slain, he must be stopped. If only Explorer could remember how.

Core Story Idea:
I’m not going to spoil the awesome twist this plot by explaining it here, you’ll have to request the story to find out. The basic principle is that the explorer has existed in this world as long as she can remember, utterly alone. She knows that each ruined city spread across the impossible landscape holds secrets and weapons to combat the giant. As long as she can remember, she has traveled across the land, locating these weapons and using them to drive back the giant, who always seems to be lurking on the horizon.

Then one day, for some strange reason, the outsider appears. She speaks of strange things and other people, and her questions draw the giant closer, it’s aura of fear giving Explorer's nightmares of unspeakable abuse. Still, Outsider says she can see glimpses of her home in the giant’s aura, and slowly, her presence begins to awaken new powers in Explorer. Perhaps working with the Outsider is the secret to slaying the giant and bringing peace back to the world.

James the Reluctant
Genre: Medieval, Fantasy
Story Elements: Comedy, Survival, Dragon Slaying, Witchcraft
Pairing: Village Boy X Witch’s Apprentice

James never wanted to be a dragon slayer. When all the kids in the village ran around with wooden swords and paper wings, James was in the Inn, helping his father brew ale or his mother bake bread. His aspirations in life were to inherit the family business when his parents grew too old to take care of the town's only Inn, marry a woman for her cooking, and grow a great big stomach on well brewed ale and well cooked food, telling stories across the bar on long nights.

His best friend, a witch's apprentice who occasionally manages to slip away from her haggish master to join her friend in the Inn, thinks this is perhaps the most wasted dream in the history of mankind. She wants to learn the powers of herbs and magic, to control the natural world. More importantly though, she wants to be a witch of legend, like the ones in the fairy tales she obsessively reads. Unfortunately no one, including James, can convince her that these stories are nothing but make believe.

It's a few days after James' eighteenth birthday and he and the renegade witch are off in the woods, discussing the future, when a dragon swoops down from the mountains and demolishes the village. It razes houses, kills half the population, and burns the Inn to the ground with James' parents still inside. James views this as a tragedy, a truly horrible day, but what can you do when a dragon changes fate for you? He gathers what little valuables can be salvaged from the Inn and prepares to to head into the lowlands in the hopes of finding another place to live.

The witch’s apprentice views this as the beginning of an epic story, and manages to convince him he should seek revenge on the dragon, slay it, and steal it's massive horde of gems and gold. All dragons have gems and gold right? Somehow she manages to talk James into the excursion up the mountain, armed with little more than her rudimentary knowledge of magic, a suit of armor made mostly of kitchenware, and a sword that has up until this point been used mostly for slicing ham. And so begins the epic tale of James the Reluctant, Dragon Slayer. 

Core Story Idea:
This is really a story about two misfits slaying a dragon on nothing more than dumb luck. One is excited and fantastical, believing in James' skills and her own magical powers more than is reasonable, and the other is simply along for the ride because he's too much of a coward to back down in the face of his friend's eagerness. This story doesn't end with the slaying of the first dragon. After they succeed once, the neighboring kingdoms hear of his grand exploits and James becomes a celebrity. He is hired to slay more dragons, and may or may not be as successful the second or third time.

Stealing a Steam God
Genre: Steampunk
Story Elements: Kidnapping, Mass War, Espianoge
Pairing: Pirate Captain X Engineer

It was such a simple idea she couldn't simply let it slip by. Steal the blueprints (They were mostly her ideas anyway), slip across the country by train, and sell them to the enemy for a small country worth of gold. It was the ultimate weapon, it could level a city in an afternoon, who wouldn't pay out the nose for such a collection of genius ideas? Never mind that those fools she had been employed by had one half complete. They would never get it off the ground, not without her brilliance.

A brilliant mind like her's didn't deserve to be spending all its time in a dark engineering facility, kept under lock and key like some animal with a particularly interesting trick. A mind like hers deserved to be worshiped,  to be protected like a precious jewel, but allowed the freedom of sunlight, cityscapes, and Victorian shopping.

That is what should have happened. That is not what happened.

He was sick of it. Sick of watching armor plated beasts with men in their bellies tearing through houses, villages, families, lives. He was sick of danger, sick of sleepless nights, sick of death. He was sick of starvation, sick of isolation, sick of hiding. But how do you match the armies of two superpowers with a loose collection of pirates?

A pair of nations are at war, have been for a long time. One of the nations has been working on a sort of doomsday device, some sort of steam god. The chief engineer is a young woman with a mind of cogs and gears, brilliant and arrogant in her aristocratic genius. When the nation's government realizes her uncontrollable nature, they restrict her activities and lock her in an underground bunker to ensure she does not complicate the project. Naturally this completely backfires. The woman escapes, steals the documents containing the instructions for the doomsday weapon, and takes off across the country on the first train she can find. Using her looks and guile, she manages to hoax her way into a first class coach and sets off for the other country with her documents in hand.

Before she can reach the other country however, an air-pirate attacks the train and robs passengers. Mistaking her for a noble's daughter, he kidnaps her thinking he can ransom her back to her family for a hefty price. She plays along with the rouse, seeing no alternative to the current situation.

The question is, will she come clean and use the doomsday weapon plans as a bargaining chip? Will she continue to play the charade and attempt to make it to greener pastures, or will she explore the third option, one of partnership and impossible plans for a world without war?

Core Story Idea:
This story is perhaps one of the most extensive I've ever written. It is, at it's heart, a steam-punk story about pirates and giant mechanical war machines. The two main characters absolutely loath each other, but they have to deal with the situations as they come, and before long they come to realize they are literally the only other person in the world they can trust. This story builds on the mutually destructive relationship, but at some point the demon you know may just become the lover you can't live without.

The Queen’s Spy
Genre: Medieval Fantasy, Espionage
Story Elements: Forced Marriage, Power Struggle, Cloak and Dagger Dealings
Pairing: Captive Queen X Royald Spy

The country of Trinidel is a small, relatively peaceful nation surrounded on three sides by the Tyrannical nation of Esper. This relatively quiet country has done its best to keep out of its neighbor's constant warmongering, but with the end of his most recent war, the king of Esper is turning his sights to new territory, and Trinidel is a prime target. The only thing keeping the King out is a promise, and that promise is beginning to wear thin as the warmonger grows bored of his success. 

Sensing their neighbor’s unrest, the king and queen of Trinidel realize that a desperate gambit must be made if peace is to be kept. They offer their oldest daughter, who has just come of age, as a bride to the tyrant king in hopes that her beauty will stave off his greed. The gambit works, the king accepts the princess as his bride, and with Trinidel more or less under his control, the king turns his eyes to other possible conquests. With a husband who has only really one interest in her, the new queen spends most of her time locked in the royal apartments, left to her own devices and boredom.

Despite the cruelty of forcing the marriage,  the King and Queen of Trinidel love their daughter and know the king's violent tendencies. A few days after the princess has been made a queen, they send a trusted friend to keep an eye on her. Markus, a talented thief and the son of Trinidel's current spymaster, is a man who prizes his skills at infiltration, manipulation, and skullduggery. Young and cocky, yet remarkably talented, Markus has little trouble reaching the new queen and keeping an eye on her from the shadows, making use of sleeping poisons, blackmail, and other underhanded tricks of the street to keep her safe. What he doesn’t bargain for is a charge who is far too clever for her own good. Left to her own devices, the Queen has begun hatching a plan to strengthen Esper's political ties, shore up its economy, and prepare a nation primarily fueled by war for peacetime. She simply needs someone to get into the system and manipulate events while she plots. Eventually the king will need to be removed, and when that happens, she intends to take the throne and guide the nation to prosperity.

Markus finds himself roped into a thick political plot as he sabotages alliances, foils plots of mass murder, and blackmails his way into a system more complex than he could have possibly imagined. All the while watching over the young queen from the shadows. Her plotting and scheming are likely to create a nation the likes of which the world has ever before seen, if she doesn’t get her agent killed in the process. 

Core Story Idea:
I've obviously been reading too much Shakespeare, but this story is primarily one of political plots and underhanded scheming. The new Queen is a clever tactician and Markus is an equally talented spy. Together the two upset the balance of a nation, and potentially fall hard for each other. This complicates things because if the king finds out, both will likely die a long, horrible, and incredibly public death.

Rogued1

Current Stories

These are some of my most treasured stories, some have only just begun, some are actually nearing their ending. Either way, if you see a story above that you like but it's taken, you'll at least be able to see how things are going by following these links. Consider this a writing sample. Rather than give you a clip with no context, that may or may not be at the top of my game, check these out and see if my writing consistently lives up to your standards. This also lets me say something nice about the people who have helped bring these to life.

Stealing a Steam God
I think this is the story I'm most proud of. Letrie is a talented writer and very dedicated friend. Despite my occasional habit of disappearing for weeks or months on end when strange life twists get in the way, she is always there with a reply quickly, and always willing to play along with my silly ideas. This story is actually coming close to it's completion, which is exciting for me, as I almost never finish anything.

The Queen's Spy
Another story following my favorite character themes, Rogues, this is a story that's getting impressively complex with the intricate web of lies each character tells and must back up. Perhaps the most satisfying thing about this story is how it's so romantically frustrating for the main characters. Every time they finally get a moment alone, get undressed and finally get to explore one another, something disastrous happens. Husband wake up, Assassin tries to shoot a crossbow bolt through someone. Hera is a masterful plot crafter, it's thanks to her constant twists that this story evolved the depth it needed to be realistic.

What Binds Us
This story is admittedly very new, and the main plot idea wasn't mine at all, but I immediately fell in love with the concept of two completely different cultures clashing in two strong willed and stubborn characters. Every once in a while you find a writer who is just on your wavelength, and I think Freya is that way with me. She's picking up on plot threads before I'm even sure if I know where they are going, and spins them into a reply that is both exciting, and a simple joy to read.