News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Why is getting M/M RPs so hard?

Started by Lord Pendragon, September 09, 2010, 05:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Pendragon

Well, I'm wanting to do some RP here... of the M/M kind - M standing for male, but of-course you knew that. Well, see here's the thing, I've been here for a while and I have noticed that its much harder to get M/M partners... why is that?

Well for those few who can write well and are in the mood to do some light RP here is what I propose.

Plot 1: Boarding schools are hard places. Here you survive only if you have good friends. Two friends break the final barrier in their friendship, what follows after that?

NOTE: I'd like to be the bottom.

I've deliberately left the plot as short and vague as possible to allow as much to develop as possible during the actual RP. Though it'd be nice to sort out the details with my partner via IM or PM. Secondly, I'd like to state, that I have no issues playing with female writers just as long as your character is male and you can write well enough. I look forward to hearing from someone - anyone -  soon.

Saerrael

Honestly, I wouldn't say M/M is that hard to get here, Dalee. I have 'a few' up and running and have to keep people away with a bugswatter *smiles sweetly*
Just keep looking and a thread like this works wonders as well. Good luck to you.

Scaly

I'm a female writer that does M/M pairings, both top and bottom.
If you're still looking for someone, you can PM me.
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Pronoun help: Scaly owns a cat. Xe loves xyr cat. Xyr cat loves xem back. The cat is xyrs.

roninc30

I'd be glad to do nearly any M/M plot with you.  The boarding school sounds very good.  PM if interested. :)
I am a slow poster.  Please be patient.  :)     ONs & OFFs  ~*~Absences & Apologies~*~Characters and Ideas~*~
~*~ My blog   ~*~

Ryven

I believe the thing that makes it difficult is the fact that many of those dedicated to doing M/M RPs already have a full compliment of RPs they're already writing.  Many of them probably don't have room to take on another plot.

GothicFires

Another one of the reasons m/m is difficult here at least for me is that it seems most who are looking are bottoms wanting tops and those of us who can play tops want to at times be the bottom as well. Of course personally I am not attracted bottoms in need of rescue. So I understand your frustration.

Also leaving things vague can be a turn off as well. I know skim the thread and click the back button when there is nothing but a pairing list. You're ideas are like advertising. The ideas you have may not be exactly what someone is looking for but it can catch their attention enough to approach you and start a conversation. I hope this information helps a bit and that you find the partners you are looking for.
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507