The Wars of the Roses - Complete -- The valley is safe from the Thorns!

Started by Valerian, June 05, 2009, 06:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

Marguerite glanced at the corpse which now she knew was a Thorn. It looks like the Carpenter was a Thorn all along and her eyes flew to LadySky, wondering if she was in cahoots with him this whole time. It was when she watched Lady head to Kaz's cottage, she pondered who could be a Thorn. "Remember, remember..."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Nanoki

He had sat sielently off to the side to see at least one lynching, before he went to write a new chapter and a new poem for the victim.  However as the last few breaths fell from Aiden only to see that he had been a Thorn, his head bowed and he committed the horrible sight to his memory where it would remain a constant reminder of how bad it become.  Raising his head and knowing that he may have been wrong Nanoki started his silent trip back to his home, tonight they had gotten one but how many more were there and how many more innocents would it take to find out?  Shaking his head he sent up a silent prayer to the powers that be to watch over Saku, Charlotte, and Rockin the innocents taken by this ordeal.
Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

Valerian

This time the villagers feel some relief as well as horror.  This time, at least it was a vicious Thorn meeting death, and they can all feel that tiny bit safer as night falls and they each go to their homes to lock themselves in once more.

The next morning, it would be understandable if some were reluctant to leave their homes again, fearing a repeat of the shock of the last two mornings, when gruesome death met them as they awoke.  But this time, all is quiet and everyone is safe!  Thorns are never found alone, but it seems the old legends were right about the Ladybugs as well, those chosen few who can sometimes protect against the Thorns.

• Aiden - (thorn) lynched
  • Bliss
  • Caeli
  • Kaz the Beast
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Nanoki
  • Rockin - (rose) killed by Thorns
  • Saku - (bee) lynched
  • Sir Desan

There are 2 Thorns, 1 Ladybug, and 5 Roses.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

No one was harmed and she was glad but now it was time to vote once more. She regretted not voting for Aiden for now she was confused on who could be a Thorn. The only vote she could go for was LadySky. Somehow, there was something to be figured out with her.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Kazyth

Kaz had forgiven LadySky, at least somewhat, though his forgiveness was a bit... stilted, as one would expect.  Afterword he crawled into bed, muttering about the vile Thorns, knowing it was not over.  That no one died in the night was quite a surprise, but put him at ease not in the least.

"I distrust any who voted with Aiden against me, at the moment.  Only one has asked forgiveness, however, and so I decry Desan as a vile Thorn!  And a jerk!"
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

LadySky

Upon waking wake LadySky had made her way to her precious Thunder and went for a long soul cleansing ride. Finally entering the village she was thrilled to hear that no villager had lost thier life! After taking care of Thunder and sending him to the field to play she made her way to the voting center and wrote down Desan.

Once finished with the duty of voting she made her way to the field to watch Thunder play and frolic wishing she could join him in such a peaceful existance.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Nanoki

Slowly he fell asleep that night, wondering if he would awaken to see the next day.  After waking several times durring the night he awake to the sun in his window blinding him.  "Have to get that fixed..." He mumbled to himself stretching, and looking around slightly confused.  Having heard no screams or shouts that must have meant that either no one died or the body had not been found as of yet.  Moving around the small home slightly groggily he made sure everything was in order before wrighting his name on a peice of paper and slipping it into his pocket, he headed out to start on his work for the day.
Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

Valerian

Current Voting:

LadySky (3) - Bliss, Caeli, Marguerite
Sir Desan (3) - Kaz the Beast, LadySky, Maeven
Nanoki (1) - Nanoki
Bliss (0)
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)
Maeven (0)
Marguerite (0)

Yet to vote: Sir Desan

There are 2 Thorns, 1 Ladybug, and 5 Roses.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Bliss

It seemed that her hopes that it was all over was for naught; she wanted to plead with them to stay this bloodthirsty call for a hanging - they had just weeded out the Thorn from their midst, had they not?

She spent a fair part of the morning struggling to get Aiden's body down, dragging him away to a distant field; he did not deserve the comfort of being buried in the company of those that were dead because of him.

And when she returned, she observed the voting; it felt very strange that LadySky, the last one to be in Aiden's intimate company, went running straight to Kaz, and the both of them voted for the same person - as if there were a collusion of a sort.

LadySky she wrote, a little unsteadily; rest had not come easily these last few nights. The terrible struggle was taking its toll.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

LadySky

Sometime that afternoon LadySky returned from the field and was informed of the votes against her. She stood frozen with fear and turned to look at her accusers. She felt so heavy of heart at being used and tricked by Aiden she almost believed she deserved death.

"Please believe me, I am not a Thorn. I should have known Aiden was evil and for that I must pay a price but I am not a Thorn I vow to you all here and now. I voted with Kaz out of my guilt. I chose to vote Kaz yesterday only because Aiden voted him and I should have kept my vote on Aiden. My reason for following Kaz's vote is based solely on guilt nothing more."

After her plea she made her way to her home to prepare in case the worst happened.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Maeven

Watching the the town square from her window, Maeven's heart was heavy with grief.  To turn the wheel of time back to before the Thorns had attacked and caused her tiny village so much grief was impossible, but she could almost close her eyes and imagine it so...

Almost.

Until she realized another vote was due and another lynching would be forthcoming. "Sir Desan will be my vote when the time comes," she whispered.   
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Caeli

Caeli breathed a sigh of relief when she woke up the next morning, though at first she felt unsettled and uneasy from the bad dreams. When no screams and cries of grief echoed from the town square, she concluded that perhaps those old legends she'd duck up last night were true - that among the Roses, lived those individuals who had the power to save and heal - ladybugs.

Pouring herself a cup of tea, she sat morosely at her dining table downstairs, staring down at the two lists in her hands, and the notes she'd made. She'd made the conjecture that there had to have been at least three Thorns, but possibly more; however, no less than three, which meant there was at least two or three Thorns left.

She didn't have enough information to know for certain that she'd be voting out a Thorn, though... but the lynching was going to continue today, so she had to make a choice. LadySky, she decided; and if they were wrong... then that was Fate.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Desan

Guess I'll hop on the bandwagon this round.

Ladysky
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Valerian

Final Voting:

LadySky (4) - Bliss, Caeli, Marguerite, Sir Desan
Sir Desan (3) - Kaz the Beast, LadySky, Maeven
Nanoki (1) - Nanoki
Bliss (0)
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)
Maeven (0)
Marguerite (0)

And with this final vote, LadySky fate was sealed.  She was led from her home to the hanging tree, standing tall and aloof, ready to claim its next victim as the other villagers watched.

Her protests of innocence were true, for as she died, the mark of the Rose appeared on her hand, revealing her true nature, and the villagers' second misjudgment.  Another Rose is gone.

• Bliss
  • Caeli
  • Kaz the Beast
  • LadySky - (rose) lynched
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Nanoki
  • Saku - (bee) lynched
  • Sir Desan

There are 2 Thorns, 1 Ladybug, and 4 Roses.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

I know I am dead but I just had to say: I told you sooooooooooooo!

Although this is the first time I have every been killed off in one of these and that is AWESOME! Thanks everyone!

*LadySky leaves her home and all the hidden toys treasures to the town*

Nanoki

Seeing a rose on LadySky's hand he sighed shaking his head, because there was one less innocent now.  So slowly he dropped his head closing his eyes letting a silent prayer out to the powers that be, and my they watch over those that were not Thorns.

Bliss

LadySky was hoisted toward that element that had given her the name - and as life left her, the Rose flared upon her hand. Blisses heart sank into her gut, and churned there.

Without a word she turned away, step by measured step taking her out of the town square and around the end of the tall hedge - where she fell to her knees and lost her breakfast among the roots.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Bliss

Only when she finally felt in control of herself again did she rise and return, helping to undertake the unenviable task of bringing LadySky back to the earth, finally and eternally. The sun was unforgivably hot, and her heart seemed to burn in her chest. This was what suspicion had wrought - who among them was safe from their own fears?
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Valerian

The day drags on.  Few seem able or willing to speak to each other any longer, each villager going on about his or her own business quietly and slowly.  LadySky's last wishes are carried out, each person in the little town receiving some memento of her.

The next morning, the villagers again step outside slowly, again reluctant to face the uncertain future.  But once more, all is well!  Some villagers are certain they heard Thorns moving about in the darkness, growling in anger or frustration, but it seems that the Ladybug is truly there, keeping watch over the town, their only guardian.

• Bliss
  • Caeli
  • Kaz the Beast
  • LadySky - (rose) lynched
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Nanoki
  • Saku - (bee) lynched
  • Sir Desan

There are 2 Thorns, 1 Ladybug, and 4 Roses.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nanoki

Seeing the sun filter in through the window he knew he had to do something about covering it, even if it only meant a few more prescious moments of sleep.  Even though now it seemed that he was not safe even in his dreams, yet there was nothing to do until the Thorns were caught.  Sighing he rose and got ready for the long day ahead, not that he really wanted to all he really wanted was to be left alone in some peace at least to write.  Slowly exiting his home he looked around wondering what this day would have in store for all of them.

Caeli

Again, another morning passed, and there was no victim from the Thorns. Maybe it had only been Aiden?

Caeli tapped the feather of her quill pen against her nose, oblivious as ink splattered on the parchment on the table. No... The legends might be old, but they had been right so far. There had to be at least a couple of other thorns among them... but who?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Bliss

Without even the slightest attempt to hide her trepidation, Bliss made her way to the town square that morning rather rumpled and bleary-eyed, starting to look as if she has not slept the night before at all. Keeping watch, perhaps. Or waiting to die.

Cradling a steaming cup of tea, she realized with great relief that it seemed the Thorns had failed to take anyone in the night! "Praise be to the Ladybug," she mumble into her cup, going to sit upon a bench in front of the hedge before LadySky's house, trying not to think of how empty it was behind her. There, under the great three in the center of the square, was her market basket, waiting.

Frowning, Bliss looked away, waiting for others to wake as well.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Caeli

When she realized that floating around the house was getting her nowhere except up and down the stairs, Caeli decided that it might be worth it to step outside into the sunshine for once. She shrugged on a warm coat, locked up her house, then made her way to the town square, shivering a little in the morning chill, but feeling better almost immediately, from the sun's caress on her face.

She settled on a bench where she could watch other early risers go about their morning rituals. When she glanced up, she saw Bliss staring at the tree in the center of the square, from LadySky's front stoop.

A pang of guilt stabbed at her from the inside.

Caeli ignored it, swallowed, then got up, carefully approaching Bliss. She hadn't talked to her much - or anyone, really - but Bliss seemed kind. A very gentle soul, like other Roses.

"Morning."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Desan

Morning folks *He said, rubbing his tired eyes*
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Bliss

Offering a sad smile when Caeli disrupted her reverie, Bliss nodded at the space on the bench, silently offering to share the space, and she lifted a hand to Desan in greeting as well.

"Morning, both of you... and as good a morning as likely we could expect. I think we were lucky last night."
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3