Xbox One Vs PS4 - Next Gen gaming

Started by Moraline, May 21, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Inkidu on June 19, 2013, 12:21:36 PM
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm, Chris?
Truthfully, just a little.  I never honestly expected to have a bill (which has no actual chance of passing) to actually talk about privacy in the U.S.

Unlike up here, in Canada, where the XB One WILL have issues, due to our own slightly stricter Privacy Laws.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 19, 2013, 12:27:20 PM
Truthfully, just a little.  I never honestly expected to have a bill (which has no actual chance of passing) to actually talk about privacy in the U.S.

Unlike up here, in Canada, where the XB One WILL have issues, due to our own slightly stricter Privacy Laws.
Actually, the US cares about privacy, it's just the focus has finally shifted from police and federal surveillance to corporate. It just doesn't seem like it because of Facebook and Twitter (Oh God, it's the end of days! Facebook is in the spellchecker, Facebook is in the spellchecker!). 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on June 19, 2013, 11:24:43 AM
Eh, it's probably multiplayer based or an MMO.

Also, all Blizzard projects are vaporware until they get greedy enough. :\

They have confirmed that Blizzard's Titan is aiming for E sports.

Titanfall is mech combat but you can also play as a human and climb the mechs to destroy them.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 12:39:56 PM
They have confirmed that Blizzard's Titan is aiming for E sports.

Titanfall is mech combat but you can also play as a human and climb the mechs to destroy them.
Sound cool, but I get a distinct MMO or heavily-multiplayer feeling from it.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on June 19, 2013, 12:41:31 PM

Possibly but that is fine by me.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 12:50:39 PM
Possibly but that is fine by me.
Yeah, the single-player epic is kind of on the decline. :|

Oreo

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 19, 2013, 12:10:38 PM
Well, this is unexpected:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/19/4444804/xbox-ones-kinect-may-violate-new-government-privacy-bill

Unexpected, but a step in the right direction. If they did that I would possibly give XBone a chance in the future, provided they had enough games I want that I can't get on PS4 or PC.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on June 19, 2013, 12:53:57 PM
Yeah, the single-player epic is kind of on the decline. :|

Is that really such a bad thing?

Slywyn

Yes. Some of us like super-epic single-player games.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Inkidu

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

SinXAzgard21

Glad games come with both then.  I'd honestly stop gaming if multi-player games were taken off the shelves.

Slywyn

I don't think anyone's saying "no more multiplayer games ever".

I just don't like how the focus has shifted from making awesome singleplayer games to making a mediocre singleplayer and a mediocre multiplayer rather than focusing on awesome one or the other.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Inkidu on June 19, 2013, 12:41:31 PM
It's completely Multiplayer.  Because the XB One market is primarily focused on that sort of game play.

(Watched ALL of E3 coverage.)

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 19, 2013, 01:59:50 PM
It's completely Multiplayer.  Because the XB One market is primarily focused on that sort of game play.

Considering what the game is, I'm not surprised.  I'll be killing mechs on PC though.

Chris Brady

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 02:00:54 PM
Considering what the game is, I'm not surprised.  I'll be killing mechs on PC though.
It's apparently coming to PC too.  Despite having been claimed to be XB One exclusive during the presser.

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 19, 2013, 02:03:40 PM
It's apparently coming to PC too.  Despite having been claimed to be XB One exclusive during the presser.
Xbone exclusive means not on PS4. If Microsoft can do it they'll make a Games-for-Windows version. :\

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 19, 2013, 02:03:40 PM

Oh I know, found that out during the PS4 conference.

Moraline

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 01:41:45 PM
Glad games come with both then.  I'd honestly stop gaming if multi-player games were taken off the shelves.
I'm with you. I am a multiplayer gamer. Actually MMORPG's are my favorite type of game by a long stretch - that's my type of multiplayer experience.

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 19, 2013, 01:59:50 PM

If XBOne does have a lot of multiplayer experiences there is a chance I could still end up with them. However, their idea of multiplayer experience for the last several years has been FPS's - so to me that doesn't really count.

Side Note: Blizzard's Titan isn't aiming at E Sports exactly. It's just that they want the PvP within the game to be capable of being seen as an E Sport. They are chasing the mythical game balance and exciting combat experience but the game itself is definitely an MMORPG. Rumors are that it's a spin on real world history with the world of Azeroth as the world's ancient forgotten past. I'm hoping it'll have a Shadowrun feel to it. (Sorry I don't have the link, I read some leaked information on a couple websites a few weeks ago. I'm sure if it's Google'd it can be found.)

Oreo

Quote from: Slywyn on June 19, 2013, 01:46:03 PM
I don't think anyone's saying "no more multiplayer games ever".

I just don't like how the focus has shifted from making awesome singleplayer games to making a mediocre singleplayer and a mediocre multiplayer rather than focusing on awesome one or the other.
My favorite genre is standard RPG. Those are getting extremely hard to find outside of PSP type games. I can't think of anything since Star Ocean: The Last Hope that begins to compare.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oreo on June 19, 2013, 02:10:09 PM
My favorite genre is standard RPG. Those are getting extremely hard to find outside of PSP type games. I can't think of anything since Star Ocean: The Last Hope that begins to compare.

And soon all RPGs will be MMOs.  Mwhahahaahahaha.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 02:11:40 PM
And soon all RPGs will be MMOs.  Mwhahahaahahaha.
I quit playing games at that point. MMORPGs are like the NASCAR of the gaming world. A baseline, standardized game meant to appeal to the greatest common denominator that could and is meant to be enjoyed while highly inebriated. :(

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on June 19, 2013, 02:15:42 PM
I quit playing games at that point. MMORPGs are like the NASCAR of the gaming world. A baseline, standardized game meant to appeal to the greatest common denominator that could and is meant to be enjoyed while highly inebriated. :(

I think your opinion is biased.

SinXAzgard21

So with a lot of games that are going to be released on both consoles, are some of you going to wait for the new console or get them on the current gen?