Sister befriending (strudel and silverroses2009)

Started by darkvamplips, May 03, 2009, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkvamplips

There was a nice convertable in the driveway and of course it was his twins sister's car. Her mother had told her this morning that she had a twin and he was coming to live with her. Their mother bounced out of the front door and ran up to him then hugged him. "I'm so glad you made it did you find the house alright?" Rebecca was upstairs in her room listening to music and not wanting to deal with her brother right now. It had been two years ago since her other brother died in her arms.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

strudel

"Uh..yeah." He mused, pressing the auto-lock to his vechile which made a resounding beeping noise a little too loud for comfort. "Thanks.." It wasn't that he wasn't appreciative of any of this, it was just a little awkward at first, y'know? A backpack was slung over one shoulder and he reached his hand up to run through his hair as he looked over the house, finally putting on a shit-eating grin and sighed a bit. "Alright.. where's she at?" He asked, hazel eyes growing distant for a moment. A twin sister.. this would be interesting.

darkvamplips

A few seconds later she was not hugging him anymore because she could feel that he was not comfortable. "She's upstairs in her room but don't expect much out of her. Would you like something to eat? What would you like to eat? You know what I will make everything we have. Please feel free to make yourself at home while I make dinner." She ran back inside leaving the front door open for him.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

strudel

"Really you don't have t--" But she was already running inside to cook lord knows what. And what had she said.. good luck getting anything out of her? What was that supposed to mean? .. Women.

"Here goes nothin'.." As he took a step forward, glancing back one more time at his ride as if it were his last chance to back out, get back in the car and just drive, not having to deal with this. But it was family.. it was his sister.. hell it was his -twin-, and he couldn't just dissappear after having come so far.
A step forward and he made his way into the house a bit tenatively, setting down the backpack next to a chair sitting under a large clock by the entryway, the second hand making a rather noticably ticking sound.. the silence was deafening save for the noise his mother was making in the kitchen.

He shed his jacket after a second, and it slid to the floor next to his pack to lay dormant until someone either came to hang it up, or he needed it again, shoes were removed, and he made his way for the stairs now on a hunt for this twin sister of his who, as he'd been forewarned, was probably not going to welcome him with open arms. A couple wrong turns later and he was leaning against the door frame of a room which housed the girl he'd come so far to see.

"Hey you.." He said casually, a bit over the music as he canted his head downward, a few strands falling wrecklessly in his line of sight. He'd wait for her to respond, posting up against the door frame with his hands in his pocket.

darkvamplips

Something about her mom was that she never stayed still for more then a few moments she was always running around. She seemed to be buzzing around the kitchen like a hornet. Rebecca did not want to see her brother and despised when he showed up in the middle of the doorway to say hello to her. Was he invited to come see her? No he was not but she did turn down the music a little bit and looked at him. Seeing someone that was blood to her hurt. The death of her brother was still so fresh in her memory and she did not want to get close to him. "What?" She asked meaning what do you want? Dinner was going to be ready and she soon would need to go downstairs. Her mom would be leaving for work soon afterward.

My request thread:

strudel

Well.. their mother -had- said not to expect anything to special, and he guessed this was exactly what she meant by that. A furrow of his brow and he tilted his head upward, letting those errant strands of hair fall back and out of his face, hazel eyes shifting momentarily until he straightened his posture against the door frame and stretched a bit.

"Nothin.." Was his simply reply to her concise retort, removing his hands out of his pockets he turned half-way placing a palm against the door.

"Good to see you sis.." He mused, eyes on the floor before he shook his head, a small sigh of disbelief before he moved on and into the room that was soon to become his, figuring he should've brought his backpack up with him and thus descends the stairs and retrieves it along with his jacket and his shoes, this being about the time his mother alerted him to dinner being finished.

"Alright, i'll let her know." He assured her, his ascent of the stairs much slower than before, especially right before he reached Rebecca's room again where he stopped, shoes under his arm, pack over his shoulder, and jacket in his hand.

"Hey.. mom says dinner's ready." He kept it short. She didn't want to talk to him. She didn't really seem that elated in response to his overall being there, so he took it with a grain of salt and figured things right now were just difficult, but what about him? It's not like this was all flowers and freakin' sunshine for him.. but whatever. Dropping off his pack by the end of the bed, jacket slung over a chair next to a desk, and shoes placed neatly by the door, he headed for the kitchen.

"You know, Rebecca, you're eventualy going to have to talk to me.. I hope you know that." Was said in passing her room, jumping a couple stairs to the bottom, he greeted their mother with a smirk, giving her a genuine hug this time as he made himself comfortable at a chair in the kitchen.

"Thanks mom.. you didn't have to do all this."

darkvamplips

(Sorry for not typing as much as you)

Rebecca had the same color eyes as her brother just a couple shades darker but they looked alike. There were other pictures lining the hallways of another boy that was left untold. That's how she wanted no one knew about her other brother and what she had to deal with. Counseling did not help so she was left to stay by herself and fight all this pain alone. The room was right in front of her room and she could see right into it. How could he dare call her mom mom. This was not his house and even though she was his mom he had been gone for far to long to call her that. "Not if I have a say in it." The pain hit her again and she took a deep breath then descended down the stairs after he went down. Her mother gave him a hug back happy that she actually got a good hug this time. "Don't worry about it I have to go shopping tomorrow anyway." She handed out the dishes as she gave Rebecca a glare as she sat down.

My request thread:

strudel

Her response didn't phase him much, seeing as he'd learned to block out the bitterness a long time ago, expecting nothing from her at the moment but.. not neccessarily wanting it to stay that way. He'd heard bits and pieces of what might have happened.. Rebecca's depression that was becomming obvious to their mother, and overall unhappiness due to her sad disposition, although he was sure she did well to hide such things as she was a strong girl. She was his sister, after all, and he knew she was a tough one at that, and figured this is why she was being so cold to him. He didn't know specifics, only that something was bugging her, and had been bugging her, but why did she have to be so hateful towards him?

Taking a seat he began to dig in, eating slowly and casting glances up towards Rebecca when he could, simply to see how she was reacting to him. He had a little bit of everything, as was polite, and made smalltalk with their mother throughout the meal until it began to reach that time when she would have to leave the two of them alone, to duke it out however they were going to. A swig of his water and a sigh.

*Man I wish I had a cigarette* He thought to himself, drumming his fingers idly on the tabletop, and that's when he remembered he had a pack in his car.. thank god. His nerves were a bit shot and that would help to calm him.

darkvamplips

"Now I am going to have to go to work now. Please don't mess up the house and Rebecca be nice to your brother." She said grabbing her keys and jacket from the hook around the corner. "I will be home in a few hours." Hearing the word brother made her cringe as he took a spoonful of food and chewed it slowly then swallowed it. The drumming on the table was annoying and she watched her mother leave. She was leaving her alone with a complete stranger. It was a good dinner but she only ate a quarter of it. Since the death she had not been eating much and it showed. She was skinnier then she should be.

My request thread:

strudel

"Later." He said to their mother, giving her a polite nod from the table, fork in hand, drink in the other, and as she walked out the door his attentionts roamed back over towards his sister.. the girl who wanted nothing to do with him. Raising the fork to his mouth he looked back down at the table, taking it all in stride, simply accepting the fact that she was going to be distant for the moment and finished his meal accordingly, casting his napkin aside after use and finishing the beverage placed in front of him.

"I'm gonna step outside for a second.." Time for a cigarette, and a bit of time to figure out how to get her to finally speak to him, they were twins after all, and wasn't a bond between twins supposed to be one of the indeniably strongest? Rising from the table, he flattened out a couple wrinlkes in his attire and shoved a hand into his pocket as he walked towards the back door, fishing out a marlboro light 100 and procuring a zippo from it's depths. A simple flip and click and flame was brought to his cancer stick, a large inhale soon to follow as he closed the back door behind him, posting up in a lean against the wall with a hefty sigh, like a huge weight sat upon his shoulders that just refused to budge.

darkvamplips

Slowly she walked over to the living room hoping that her skinniness was not showing to much. Since her brother had died she did not feel like living anymore. A slow nod could be seen from her body when he said he was going out for a cigarette. Since she was close to the door if he needed her or got into trouble then she would be there. Oh stop it Rebecca. You don't want to get close to him. He will die. Already she was feeling protective of him. She shook her head and picked up the remote control. Next she thought of him inhaler that cancer and thinking of him dieing. Tears filled her eyes again.

My request thread:

strudel

He wasn't sure if anyone in the household smoked, so after finished his cigarette he put it out on the concrete patio and palmed it, smudging the soot mark with his toe [ seeing as he'd deposited his shoes in his room prior to coming back downstairs ] and waited a couple seconds to walk back in, his hand resting on the doorknob before he finally pushed inside, making a side trip to the kitchen to dispose of the trash and then swooping back around, his hands now back within his pockets, towards the living room in an aloof manner, taking the neglect from his twin in stride.

"Hey where do you keep th--" He stopped, hazel eyes growing soft as he viewed Rebecca, his twin, looking rather unhealthy.. The tears in her eyes made his heart soften a bit toward the girl, even though her response toward him had been the exact opposite. A step forward, voice filled with concern as he reached a hand out to rest on her shoulder.

"Hey.. Becca.. you okay?" The inquiry came from genuine worry, he himself not pushing the personal bubble space yet, just because he didn't want her to reject him again. Brow furrowed, a sigh escaped him as he slowly moved his way into the seat next to her, head inclined a bit as his hand moved from her slender shoulder to her chin, trying to pick it up a bit.

"What's wrong?" She would have been able to see this wasn't faux emotion, and hopefully she'd open up a bit to him so living in this house together would be a bit easier on the both of them, not to mention their poor mother who, even though she kept up a facade of being okay, was probably having her own troubles despite the two of them.

darkvamplips

There was some relief as she heard his voice come through the house and when he put his hand on her shoulder she pulled away. Not forcefully but she did pull away from his touch. Them getting close like brother and sister would take a long time and it would not happen in a few hours. She quickly wiped away the tears that she had not felt when he walked into the room. When he touched her chin she did not pull away but did not look at him. "I'm fine ok?" She stared at the television set and did not look at him but did not pull away when he touched her chin.

My request thread:

strudel

"You could have fooled me." He mused, pulling his hand away from her chin and setting it in his lap, wrists of either hand propped on either knee, hands hanging limply between his legs. Glancing down at the floor he began to gather his thoughts, not really knowing what to say in response to this, or how to handle it in general. She was so cold.

"You really don't want me here do you.." He figured if she wouldn't answer one question, he deserved to hear the answers to a couple of other questions he had, and what better way to obtain information than to approach it head on?

"That's fine if you don't, but I'd like to hear it instead of you just giving me the cold shoulder every time I try to talk to you." He was actually slightly hurt by her lack of acceptance of him, but whatever, he'd gone this long without having a twin and he could go longer yet... but that was no way to think.

"But wether you like it or not I'm not going anywhere.. so I wish you could learn to like me, it'd make things easier." He smirked, a gentle smirk, nothing too flashy and nowhere near verging on his normal shit-eating grin he was infamous for. Rebecca seemed to be staring at the tv like she were about to bore a hole right through it with her eyes, and he leaned back in the chair, awaiting answers to the questions that had been on the tip of his tongue.

darkvamplips

She was cold because her brother had died and thinks the same thing will happen to him. No she would not say how she felt that would be opening up to him. Hours of counseling and tears did not help and this was her life style. Even with people she first meets she is like this. Plus with him smoking. When he asked the first question about not wanting him here he got a simple shrug. "Fine you want to know why I am like this?" Her voice sounded a little angry. Why couldn't she just say that he was not welcome here by her. There was something stopping her from saying all that. Maybe deep deep deep down inside she did want him here. She would never show it though.

My request thread:

strudel

"You know what, Rebecca, you can just tell me whenever you want." She seemed to be getting even more upset and annoyed by him just sitting there, which in turn was frustrating the hell out of him. If she would't open up, then he wasn't going to force her, although he would never stop trying.

"Obviously now is not the time." He concluded and got up from his chair, pivoting on his feet so he was now turned to the side, facing the tv.

"Like I said I'm not going anywhere so you're just going to have to learn to deal with it." He said sternly before turning completely from her and beginning towards the stairs, shaking his head, this action causing a splay of golden brown hair to swish from side to side, a hand rising to brush errant strands from his line of sight. All he wanted was his sister to accept him, and the thought of that not being possibly almost infuriated him.. but he couldn't let it bother him. She seemed really upset about something and as much as he wanted to help her, to hold her and tell her it was going to be okay.. he couldn't. Gritting his teeth he grasped the rail on the stairs and headed back up towards his new room, lips pressed tightly together as to not say anything that would escalate the situation.

darkvamplips

A small smile appeared on her lips as she felt like she did something to get him mad and not want to be around her anymore. Though she made this smile come to her lips when he was walking up the stairs so he would never see it. She felt bad for acting this way but she did have her reasons. Pain. She was going to say why she was acting this way but he stormed off. Even though she did not want to say what was on her mind she was going to. Maybe she should give him a chance but what happens if the same thing happened again? Taking a deep breath she looked up at the staircase where he just went up. Oh stop it Rebecca. You know he's just going to die like my other brother did.

My request thread:

strudel

He pushed the door open a bit harshly, the doorknob itself made a minute indention upon the wall, barely visable and not at all noticable if one were to simply glance at it. Didn't want to get mom mad now did we. He needed to change after the long ride, and figured it was time to take a shower as well, didn't want to put a dirty body in clean clothes now did we, so he left the door ajar a bit, simply so he could hear if anything happened in the house, and began to strip down to his boxer-briefs, holding the dirty clothes in his hand for a moment as he looked around for a laundry basket, finding it in the bathroom and discarding the crumpled mess accordingly.

Making sure there was a towel, he pulled out a black wife-beater and a pair of dark blue jeans from his backpack and a fresh pair of boxer briefs and laid them on the bed before he made his way into the bathroom and discarded his underwear as well, slipping behind the protection of the shower curtain and fixing the water to a temperature of his liking.

For the next ten minutes that's where he would be, a slight steam rising from behind the curtain and causing condensation to appear on the mirror, if he were younger, it'd be prime for writing hidden messages on which would be seen when the mirror fogged up again, but he wasn't and thus didn't bother with things of that nature. After about fifteen minutes he'd hop back out, drying off running the towel through his hair, causing it to spike up in random places and fall in others, the perfect "just got out of the shower look. He wrapped the towel around his waist and rubbed off a spot on the mirror so he could glance at himself before making his way back into the bedroom, taking a seat on the bed and putting his chin in his palms.

Why was she being so cold.. Fine. Let her be a bitch. It won't get her very far..  He wasn't going anywhere and that was finally.. if only they could just be a functional -family-. But whatever.. hopefully that day would come.

darkvamplips

When the door opened she jumped when she heard the loud noise. Mom would be angry if there was any mark left on the house. She could hear him go into the bathroom. What if he drowned? She shook her head trying to clear her thoughts about all that. If he wanted to really know he could come ask her and then she got up and walked to his room. She hesitated beside the door and did not allow him to see her. "Sorry." She mumbled before going into her room and sitting down on her bed. There were pictures lining the walls.

My request thread:

strudel

When he heard her say she was sorry he didn't reply, letting her walk away before he completely shut the door and dropped the towel, dressing before he hung it back up on the rack in the bathroom. Messing absently with his hair he reclined into a stretch as he emerged once more from the bathroom and tidied up what little mess he had made before exiting his new room, barefoot, and making his way down the hall a bit. Is this what she wanted? For him to follow her around like a little puppy until she finally spilled the beans? Well he could assure her that would only last for so long until he simply returned the feelings that she was giving him.

"Want to let me know what's goin' on?" He inquired, a quirk of his brow visable as he appeared in her doorway, reaching one arm up to lean against the frame, his side placed firmly against said fixture, whilst his other hand was by his side, thumb hooked into the pocket on his jeans. There wasn't much else he had to say at the moment, so he waited for her response.

darkvamplips

When he did not answer her something felt different and she did not like that but she should have known it was going to happen. When she heard him come in this time she was looking up at him and this time she had tears in her eyes. Why was she saying this to him? "Mom had another son." She empathised had not wanting to explain what happened to him. Hopefully he got what he meant and he would not ask questions about it. Slowly she turned away from when him when she said those words.

My request thread:

strudel

"Wh.. What?" His voice was barely above a whisper as his hand slid down the frame of the door to lay dormant at his side as he took a step closer to her.

"Becca.." Was all he could think to say, offering words to console the girl because obviously.. the other son wasn't around for a reason, and whatever that painful thing may be, it upset his twin to a degree in which she felt she had to shun the love and companionship of her other half. He reached out, but stopped short just in case she didn't want any of his "sorrys" or "i didn't knows".
He couldn't help but look her over again.. the malnutrition of her showing now more than ever as she began to cry. Jesus.. the girl needed to get back on a healthy diet or she was going to waste away. Not being able to stand seeing her in pain he took another step towards her and planted his hand firmly on her shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze of reassurance, that he was there.. that -someone- was there, she didn't have to deal with whatever had happened alone.

"Becca I... didn't know." He was just as appauled to know that his mother had another son he had no idea existed, but that shock would settle in later. The other hand was placed on opposite shoulder and he walked up behind her, he wanted for all the world to wrap his arms around his sister and give her a hug, wipe her tears away... but he wasn't sure she would welcome his help, and thus left his hands on her shoulders, giving them a gentle squeeze.

"You need to eat.." He mused, voice still low and gentle.

darkvamplips

She hoped he would not make her explain the fact why she was acting this way. When he took a step toward her she moved her head slightly toward him. Not to look at him just slightly. When he placed his hand on her shoulder she pulled away slightly and then stopped letting his hand stay on his arm. If he sat down then she would have a say in it. When he put his other hand upon her shoulder she tensed up not wanting to be this close to anybody. "I ate I am fine." She whispered not going closer to him for a hug but not pulling away either.

(Sorry I don't type as much as you)

My request thread:

strudel

"I hope you get to feeling better.." Is all he could say in response to her replies and the way she was acting. If she wasn't going to allow him to give her any comfort, then he couldn't successfully help her. He gave her another gentle squeeze and moved in quickly before she could protest to give her a small hug, not lingering by any means, and quickly pulled away and turned from her.

"If you need me.. I'll be in my room." He stated, glancing back once just to make sure she didn't break down anymore than she already had. Eventually he'd get her to start eating more.. at least he hoped so. With that, he turned and exited her room, tapping on the frame of the door idly, making his way towards his own room and begin unpacking his things.

darkvamplips

A slow head nodding came to her as he said those words. The hug caught her off guard and she could not protest but did not like that anyway. In a sense not eating much was like suicide. That was a slow way to go since a body could go without food for at least two weeks. But she did eat a bit every day so she wasn't starving herself. A few moments later she got up and walked to his room. "I need to go to the store. Do you want to come?" The reason being was because she did not want him to go out of her sight for long in case something else happened.

My request thread: