Swimming Goggles

Started by DiverseDesires, August 12, 2010, 04:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiverseDesires

You Can't Cry With Swimming Goggles On

Well Not For Long

This very simple, very silly statement has been a lifesaver for me - swimming nearly every weekday is not only my exercise but in the pool is where I get my head straight - so much cheaper than therapy!  I know the rhythm and the movement for runners can be the same, clearing the mind. I find myself in such a clear headspace that I can work out every kink and every problem calmly. 

The sensuality of water too, and my own feeling of release that I get in it is also the best time for story ideas, and working through posts in my head.  I've made so many friends at the pool and I think it's because of the naughty grin which is almost always on my face!

And when it is tough, and even with the constraints my goggles do fill with tears, like yesterday, I only have to think of my mantra and I can smile, and get back to ploughing up and down, knowing too that every length will lift me more and the effort is worth it.
"The imagination is the spur of delights… all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" ~Marquis de Sade~

Imaginings  ~  Desirables  ~  Wilful Words  ~  Diary - A/A  Updated September 15th

sisutl

Awesome post!
There is something that can be so peaceful about repetitive motion when you find the right activity.  For me it is biking.  Feeling a seeing the pedals going over, ... then down, ... then over, ... then down... then over... then down... then over... then down.  And you find you actually aren't distracted by the ten million other things in your head for a bit.  If you want to think about them you can, but then you can come back to then over... then down... then over... then down... then over ... then down...

I wonder what people think when I ride past them with my naught grin on my face   
>:) ;)

CaseyT

Your post really got me to thinking. Though I've never really actively thought about it; I realize now that I experience the same thing as the both of you. For me, it is the times spent with my punching bag. My emotions, frustrations and worries being released as my mind and body refocus thru the task at hand. I find myself evaluating life and the many options found in life as I punch and kick, high and low, hard, slow, fast and light.