Nw posts I made disappear

Started by CapeCodRPGER, December 11, 2010, 11:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeCodRPGER

I posted in the non fourm roleplay section about what I was looking for. Then it dissapeared. I just did it again and that post disappeared, too.

Trieste

The information here should provide some insight.

CapeCodRPGER

No, I did not bump any threads, I made a thread in the non fourm section looking for partners. I posted a link in that thread to my RP idea thread I made. Then not even 5 minutes later the  thread i started is gone.  So I make a new thread again, and that one is gone. Did I do something wrong? All I did was post how I wanted to RP with someone over aim or yahoo.

Trieste

The rules as stated apply whether you make your post in the same thread, or attempt to call attention to an old post by making a new thread with no new information. "I'm still looking for an RP partner" is not a valid update.

CapeCodRPGER

Even if I am looking for a roleplay over IM instead of fourm posts? Because I posted my original ideas in the looking for roleplay fourms section I can't post that I am looking in the IM section?   That is messed up. I can't see how that is bumping. Other people post they are looking for IM roleplay and don't get there posts deleted.

Tell me exactly why my posts were removed please I don't understand this at all.   So what if I post without the link or can I never post that I am in the mood to roleplay here ever again? I don't understand. I would like a mod to explain this to me.

Lilias

If you put your actual ideas on your thread, instead of redirecting prospective partners somewhere else, you could have better luck. It would show some interest and effort, at the very least.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

CapeCodRPGER

Well right now I have no idea if i should post my ideas in a new thread, that might be considered bumping. I don't understand why my threads got deleted. I see other people post links to there idea threads, too. Why am I being singled out?

Lilias

You are not being singled out. Several members maintain list of characters on their O/Os and link to them when they post new ideas for roleplay that involve them. Copy-pasting, even by direct link, is generally not an advisable practice in a community dedicated to creativity.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

CapeCodRPGER

You might want to be very clear that posting threads with just links to your ideas is not allowed. I did not see anything about that in the rules, just about bumping. Most people consider those two different things, not one in the same. I will post again without the link.

Trieste

It should be noted that just posting "Hey, I'm in the mood to roleplay!" over and over again with no ideas or effort is not really acceptable.

Many people post a copy of their request thread - with ideas, details, etc - in each request forum if they're interested in either form of RP. This is acceptable.

You will not find every rule codified and excruciatingly detailed, here. While mods are available to answer questions, we don't try to cover every single eventuality in the rules, because a) it's impossible and b) it makes the rules labyrinthine and incomprehensible. This is something with which you will have to learn to cope.

CapeCodRPGER

Quote from: Trieste on December 11, 2010, 11:47:58 AM

Many people post a copy of their request thread - with ideas, details, etc - in each request forum if they're interested in either form of RP. This is acceptable.

That is what I did, first two times I basically said 'I am in the mood to roleplay, here is the link to what I like with my ideas."  and it gets deleted. That is why I am confused. I have seen other posts doing the same thing, so I thought it was OK.

Beguile's Mistress

It would be a good idea if you told people what you like and don't like in a basic way in your request thread.  Give them an idea of pairings you enjoy and styles like fantasy, sci-fi, adventure, westerns, etc.

The idea is to be descriptive of your wants and desires.   It's not a 25 10 words or less thing.

CapeCodRPGER

I know detail is good and its good to give the ideas of what you are looking for. My point is I have seen posts that were excatly like what I posted and those were not  removed.

Beguile's Mistress

I can't help you with that aspect of the situation at this time. 

In the mean time, if you would like to get on with role playing you should make a request thread along the lines I've suggested.  Staff checks threads all the time and any that don't fit our requirements are taken care of.

Good luck with your next request thread.  I hope you find some good partners and enjoyable games.

sweetamber18

Wait a minute....Cape isn't the only one with this problem.  I posted for the first time ever in the forum the other day and my request was delete too.  I tried to repost to the same effect....So how does that work, being as I had NEVER posted in the Non-forum rp forum before?

Beguile's Mistress

sweetamber18

Yes I did, I had posted that I was looking for a rp over YIM, and it was my first post.

Beguile's Mistress

Your prior post actually contained more words than your IM RP request did.

I advised CaptCodRPGER some description is what is looked for, a few lines that give the reader an idea of what your character, plot and likes and dislikes are in a general way.  Take a look at CapeCod's last post in the request thread and follow that example or look at some of the other threads in that forum for some ideas on what to do.

As long as those posts are there they've made the cut!

Mithlomwen

Well you didn't just say that you were looking for a RP over IM. 

Looking at the deleted posts, you state in the title and the opening line of your request that you were either bored, or VERY bored and looking for someone to play with over IM at that exact moment, not a post dedicated to an idea or ideas you have for a game.

If you take a look at the quote below, taken from the 'Do Not Bump' sticky: 

Quote from: Neroon on June 25, 2010, 03:37:49 PM
Bump doesn't just mean posting "bump", it also includes posting that you've updated your thread when you haven't, asking if anyone is interested in your idea or any other meaningless post about how you're bored right now and would really lurve someone to RP with.

The part in bold is most likely why your request was deleted. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...