News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Can't sleep.

Started by thebobmaster, January 02, 2010, 12:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

Well, I'm not going to be sleeping tonight. Why? Quite simple. It is almost 11:00 PM here. And I just finished watching an episode of Doctor Who. Which episode, you may ask? "Blink". If you've seen it, you know. If you haven't, I could describe it to you, but it wouldn't be enough. I went in with a description of the episode...and it wasn't enough. I am sitting here, trembling, constantly looking behind me.

So, anyways, what have you seen, on TV, in a video game, that terrified you?
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Beguile's Mistress

I saw "The Exorcist" in a theater about eight years ago.  I was visiting friends over Halloween and they took me to an all night fright fest at a local theater.  That movie was on the list and scared the sh-t out of me.

MasterMischief

My wife and her high school friend and I went to the theater to see The Ring.  All three of us could not sleep without the light on in the room and the t.v. turned to the wall.

ShrowdedPoet

Terrified me?  When I wasn't a child?  I can't think of any.  I laughed through The Ring and The Exorcist (all of the versions).  Amytville (sp) Horrors scared me when I was younger but not anymore. . .
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Jeramiahh

I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Beguile's Mistress

Watched it and is shivering all over

ShrowdedPoet

Motherfuckers!  That scared the shit out of me!
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Jeramiahh

Now, imagine an entire hour-long show, of that quality of stuff. One of the, if not the, best episodes in the new series.

And the new head writer? The guy who did that episode. <3
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Kunoichi

Huh.  That reminds me, I need to watch The End of Time part 2...

Anyway, I remember Blink. ^^ It was a good episode.  The one that actually creeped me out was The Empty Child.  Then there were a few good creepy moments in the anime series Betterman, and I refuse to watch most horror movies because of how scary and bleak the plots are...  Though the ones that are actually good aren't so bad in that respect.  Evil Dead I really enjoyed, for example.

Hmm.  Boogiepop Phantom had some creepy scenes, too, but aside from that, nothing else comes to mind.

Dizzi

I can;t really think of any horror movie that scared me.

also, if those things can kill you in a blink.  how come then looked away for a full second and it still didn;t kill them? :S

My first time playing the new silent hill scared the crap out of me though...

Mnemaxa

Simple fear doesn't bother me - I'm pretty close to incapable of feelign it.  Dread, on the other hand, that is somethign I can find thrilling.  It takes a certain level of intensity, a potent sense of body-and-mind horror to make my adrenaline actually  flow enough to make me feel fear.

The remake of the Fly, when the telepod-assimilated Brundlefly is crawling towards the heroine.  The Ring  -Japanese version - when she crawls from the pit.  the Grudge - again, Japanese Version - when she is stalking her prey.

Not the shock scenes, not gore, not simple plot....pure, inevitable, fate worse than death that has nothing of humanity remaining to it.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Muninn

A few years ago my friend linked me to this online horror blog-style novella called "Ted's Cave."  It was a good read and had that Lovecraftian feel of nameless horrors never seen but always felt and never explained.  Generally I wouldn't be so scared but with this I allowed myself to be immersed into the story, to feel the fear, and by the time I was finished it was dark and well past midnight.  I did NOT sleep well that night and was a huddled, shivering ball under my blankets almost imagining creatures lurking in every shadow - all because I let my imagination get away with itself!

Quote from: Mnemaxa on January 03, 2010, 02:15:46 AM
Simple fear doesn't bother me - I'm pretty close to incapable of feelign it.  Dread, on the other hand, that is somethign I can find thrilling.  It takes a certain level of intensity, a potent sense of body-and-mind horror to make my adrenaline actually  flow enough to make me feel fear.

The remake of the Fly, when the telepod-assimilated Brundlefly is crawling towards the heroine.  The Ring  -Japanese version - when she crawls from the pit.  the Grudge - again, Japanese Version - when she is stalking her prey.

Not the shock scenes, not gore, not simple plot....pure, inevitable, fate worse than death that has nothing of humanity remaining to it.

Ugh... *shudders* The way she crawls down the stairs in Ju-on freaked the crap outta me.  And have you seen the video of some Japanese girls who are in a music group (Morning Musume) watching the video scene from The Ring? Classic.

Beguile's Mistress

I just saw a commercial for a new movie.  Here's a trailer.

http://legionmovie.com/

Lilias

The final minute or so of Carrie. It had me heading straight to bed (leaving it to my mum to turn off the TV and lights), covering up to the eyes and counting sheep.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

When I was in high-school, I was required to stay up until 1 AM for a seratonin-uptake test.  I started the evening trying to watch Salem's Lot.  I then discovered that watching horror movies alone after dark was - unwise.  I spent the remainder of the time until 1 AM reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

(And if you were curious, I got a poor result on the seratonin-uptake test.  I'm not sure if it was from this incident, or the fact that it required multiple blood-draws from needle-phobic me.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Muninn on January 03, 2010, 02:26:59 AM
Ugh... *shudders* The way she crawls down the stairs in Ju-on freaked the crap outta me.  And have you seen the video of some Japanese girls who are in a music group (Morning Musume) watching the video scene from The Ring? Classic.

I have seen that, and it was hilarious. 

The actress, by the way, was the same acress they used in the remakes and the sequels.  She is apparently very pleasant and kind....and actually manages those movements without use of harness, special effects, or anythign other than her natural double-jointedness.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Sinna Mystika

Very few things have ever bothered me, let alone scared me. For some reason though, I can't deal with zombies. Even the comical ones. Something about undead, half rotted creatures that mindlessly consume human flesh just gets to me. Not to say that is zombies specifically. There are other creatures like that, and they get to me too. Then there are the smart ones. *shudders* The funny thing about all of that is that I can watch the Resident Evil movies with no problems. Play the games, too. *shrugs* I dunno. Maybe my love of the story line crowds out the scary. Then again, when I'm pregnant, I'll have nightmares over anything. Ever see "Curse of the Comodo??" Yeah. I had nightmares while I was pregnant with my daughter over that crappy film.

Muninn

Quote from: Mnemaxa on January 04, 2010, 12:56:35 AM
I have seen that, and it was hilarious. 

The actress, by the way, was the same acress they used in the remakes and the sequels.  She is apparently very pleasant and kind....and actually manages those movements without use of harness, special effects, or anythign other than her natural double-jointedness.

I had read that it was the same actress, and so was the creepy little boy?  I did not know that she did it without a harness and what not.  That just adds to the creepiness. O_O

Beguile's Mistress

I forgot this, or maybe I blocked it ~~ "The Night of the Living Dead".  The original, not the remake.  The one that started the zombie apocalypse culture.

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Muninn on January 04, 2010, 06:58:47 PM
I had read that it was the same actress, and so was the creepy little boy?  I did not know that she did it without a harness and what not.  That just adds to the creepiness. O_O

Yes, same little boy.  In the Japanese version of The Ring (Ringu), she plays the part of 'Samara' as well, which she did not in the American versions.  So much more terrifying in Ringu.

You want soem new horror?  Korean Horror films are taking the first place in horror films, both innovation-wise and story-wise.  Art of the Devil, and Sisters were some of the best done horror I've seen in a long, long time.

Beguile's Mistress

Another old movie I saw late on night on television.  "Wait Until Dark" was a story of home invasion involving a blind woman.  Scary, freaky and chilling.

Muninn

Quote from: Mnemaxa on January 04, 2010, 09:49:45 PM
Yes, same little boy.  In the Japanese version of The Ring (Ringu), she plays the part of 'Samara' as well, which she did not in the American versions.  So much more terrifying in Ringu.

You want soem new horror?  Korean Horror films are taking the first place in horror films, both innovation-wise and story-wise.  Art of the Devil, and Sisters were some of the best done horror I've seen in a long, long time.

For the most part Japanese horrors just make me laugh but certain things, like the Ju-On crawling business, creeps me out intensely.

I've heard about those Korean films and thought about checking them out some time.

Canuckian

It's wholly moronic but one of the very few things to ever creep me out was an early episode of the New Outer Limits called Under the Bed.  Made me shiver, it did.  And doubly check before going to sleep that night.

Tachi

There hasn't been a show that's scared me in a long time. The Grudge made me paranoid a bit, but that's about it.

jouzinka

It's been a while since I watched it, but The Blair Witch Project seriously scared me. I was home, alone and it was after dark. Yeah, so not wise to watch it.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A