D&D Planar Battles(3.5 D&D Battles Interest Check)

Started by swordwind, October 18, 2011, 12:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 07, 2011, 03:53:13 AM
Protection from good/evil ect prevents someone from directing control over you. It is not immunity to mind affecting abilities. Things like confusion would be unaffected. It does protect from suggestion, dominate, possession, magic jar ect. The effect swordwind described sounds more like "calm emotions" which is unaffected by protection from good. If you have mind blank somehow then you would be immune.

Well, no mind blank but a template granted immunity to all mind-affecting effects. Just wondering do I roll save or not.

Tagan

Hmm... you could always just do some subdual damage if you wanted to win and yet rape the loser afterwards.  And buy some manacles of course.

swordwind

Here I spend a second or so making a good old OOC and still the interest is where all of you go. Yes a will save is require. Hello btw to Tagan as well.

RabbitJanitor

Right, so Pale Enchantress, what I'm saying is, if your not going to come down to a level that gives my character even a little bit of a fighting chance, then just kill him and be done with it so I can make a new character and acutely involve myself in some combat, instead of trying to weasel my out of a no-win scenario such as the flying bane to all fighters you've made your character out to be.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: RabbitJanitor on November 07, 2011, 08:49:40 PM
Right, so Pale Enchantress, what I'm saying is, if your not going to come down to a level that gives my character even a little bit of a fighting chance, then just kill him and be done with it so I can make a new character and acutely involve myself in some combat, instead of trying to weasel my out of a no-win scenario such as the flying bane to all fighters you've made your character out to be.

Fly is just a simple 3rd level spell, quite a natural cast in this situation. I thought you wanted to actually surrender and skip the multiple rounds it would take me to kill you. I prepared more disables then damage spells.

PS: There is an ooc thread now.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Geeklet

Name: Dhaak Goreknuckle
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Barbarian 5/Fighter 4/Reaping Mauler 3
Photo or Appearance:
Background: Dhaak grew up among an orc tribe, though she was constantly looked down upon and belittled for only being a "half-blud." But when she was about ten or so, something snapped. Tired of being pushed around, she grabbed a nearby sword and threatened the other young orcs with it, determined to prove that even if she was "tainted" that she could still amount to something useful within the tribe. But the elders quickly stepped in, since no female orc was allowed to be a warrior, and thus, were not even allowed to handle the weapons of the tribe.

This didn't stop Dhaak, however. If they wouldn't let her fight with weapons, she'd learn to go without. So she trained herself. After many years of practice in secret, she brought her skills to those in charge, hoping to impress them. But Dhaak was in for a rude awakening. They were outraged. They claimed that Dhaak did not know her place within the tribe. She was given the choice of conforming, or being exiled. Dhaak knew she couldn't just sit around and be the good little den mother to the next generation, so she left.

But what is there for a Half-Orc out in the real world? Many feared her, just for what she was. Finding her way was tough, but, if people were going to react to her with fear, then she might as well put it to good use. So that is how she became a mercenary, and over time, her somewhat unorthodox technique helped to build up her reputation. As the reputation spread, she soon got offered a job that seemed almost too good to be true. It seemed easy enough. Just meet someone at a certain place in time. When she got there, however, there was this blinding light. Next thing she knew, she is fighting for her life in the arena. Ah well, killing is what she is good at. Might as well get down to business.

Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=342818

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Geeklet on November 10, 2011, 07:21:50 PM
Name: Dhaak Goreknuckle
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Barbarian 5/Fighter 4/Reaping Mauler 3
Photo or Appearance:
Background: Dhaak grew up among an orc tribe, though she was constantly looked down upon and belittled for only being a "half-blud." But when she was about ten or so, something snapped. Tired of being pushed around, she grabbed a nearby sword and threatened the other young orcs with it, determined to prove that even if she was "tainted" that she could still amount to something useful within the tribe. But the elders quickly stepped in, since no female orc was allowed to be a warrior, and thus, were not even allowed to handle the weapons of the tribe.

This didn't stop Dhaak, however. If they wouldn't let her fight with weapons, she'd learn to go without. So she trained herself. After many years of practice in secret, she brought her skills to those in charge, hoping to impress them. But Dhaak was in for a rude awakening. They were outraged. They claimed that Dhaak did not know her place within the tribe. She was given the choice of conforming, or being exiled. Dhaak knew she couldn't just sit around and be the good little den mother to the next generation, so she left.

But what is there for a Half-Orc out in the real world? Many feared her, just for what she was. Finding her way was tough, but, if people were going to react to her with fear, then she might as well put it to good use. So that is how she became a mercenary, and over time, her somewhat unorthodox technique helped to build up her reputation. As the reputation spread, she soon got offered a job that seemed almost too good to be true. It seemed easy enough. Just meet someone at a certain place in time. When she got there, however, there was this blinding light. Next thing she knew, she is fighting for her life in the arena. Ah well, killing is what she is good at. Might as well get down to business.

Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=342818

Id tell you all the terrible things I'm going to do to you but I'm hoping the DM knows better than to put us against each other.

swordwind

Your mighty DM does know better. For the time being PE I'll have to rack my brain to give you something to do. I know waiting about for something to do is rather annoying. Yet if our interest increased that wouldn't be to much of a problem... Ah well no time for advertising. Thank Geeklet for the character. I'll have something or someone to battle shortly.

Geeklet

Pffft, who says I won't be doing terrible things to you? May not seem like much, but once I get going, my char will have style. ;)

PaleEnchantress

Ahh I can appreciate style. You should take a look at what happened last time a fighter battled me. You know me well enough to know I'm magic obsessed.

swordwind