With a View of the Stars [M lf F, Impreg]

Started by TheVillain, December 10, 2013, 03:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

"Alright, talk to me. Do we have a final rundown of the damage?"

"Yes, Captain and it's not good. At all. It was sabotage from the Zephyr Corporation, one of the Engineers was a sleeper agent the whole damn time! Put a bomb next to the Warp Core, the only good news there is that from the recovered footage we're pretty sure he was sucked out into the vacuum of Space. Unfortunately he took 6 other engineers with him when he was."

"Son of a bitch!"

"It gets worse, Captain. The damage to the core is extensive, for now - we're drifting. It'll take at least 6,000 years to get to Kepler-22b and that's assuming we don't hit anything or we by some miracle are still on course."

"Can we fix the engines?"

"For now what's left of the engine room is too radioactive and a hard vacuum. In a few years it's possible we could get in there and fix a few things but the remaining engineers think that at best we'll get the trip down to a few centuries instead of thousands of years."

"So we're now a generation ship, that's just swell. Next you're going to tell me we'll run out of air in a few minutes."

"No Ma'am, the Recyclers and Constructors are all working good enough for Food, Water, and Air at least. Might be able to fabricate some engine parts when we can get at the engine but like I said that'll be years and the radiation damaged the computers."

"The radiation leak got that far?"

"That's the worst news I'm afraid, Captain. The explosion happened during the initial health screen check-ins for most of the crew. The warning sirens barely were starting to go off before the hard radiation reached the male clinic side."

"Dear god. . .how bad is it?"

"Between the blast and the hard radiation we're thinking at least 30% of the crew is either dead already or will die within the next month - and almost all of them were men. The vast majority of the rest of the men were sterilized. Only those who managed to get outside the blast doors after the sirens went off are still fertile and some of them that's borderline."

"Final count, Doc."

"15, maybe 20 guys can still get hard-ons Ma'am. That's maybe 1 for every 100 fertile women, and on this slow ride . . ."

"Save it Doc, I get the picture. Write up a breeding program, you have my approval. We're not going to make it to the colony site, but this boat will and there's got to be a crew on it."

Quote from: OOCConsidering what to do with this idea but putting it here for now. Basic concept is a crippled starship that's been forced to institute a breeding program if they're going to have any chance to finish their mission. Needless to say, Hijinks Ensue.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Gman001

TheVillain

I considered that and if we get more women then men it's certainly doable.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.