Between the Light and the Shadows (OOC - Still accepting characters!)

Started by OmniKitty, May 03, 2011, 06:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmniKitty

This is the out of character board for the group game Between the Light and the Shadows. Please post your character sheet here if you haven't done so already.

If you're interested in joining, PM me, or post on our request thread here. We could use another Light character!

IC - Neutral | IC - Light | IC - Dark

A&As updated: 10.01.2012--
Currently available for a limited number of new roleplays! If you want to revive our old one, contact me.

It's pretty to hear the things you say,
You're pretty to watch at all,

I need your starlight in the back of my head...

ELizzyK

Hm, how come you're iffy about it?  Personally, I think it's a great start/opening.  As for the title, I like "Between the light and the Shadows" a lot, except maybe capitalize light also?  Seriously though, this is awesome!

OmniKitty

I was just making sure the opening made sense, so I guess it did. lol

The 'light' being lower cased was a typo lol, I'll see if the others agree. I think I like that one better too..

Currently available for a limited number of new roleplays! If you want to revive our old one, contact me.

ELizzyK

Never doubt your skill my dear.  ;)  That sounds good.  =)

ELizzyK

I'd be honored for Rick Locke to be my love interest.  =)  Though, I'd like for it to be a gradual process and not for our characters to have an immediate romance if that's all right.

OmniKitty

I was wondering if you were still interested in playing your character in my game. Please let me know!  :-)

I'm just making sure, because everything is kind of silent lately because one of our players is on vacation, putting us on hold.

If you are still interested, if you would please do me the favor of posting your character sheets in the OOC thread here. And glance over each other's character sheets here to discuss what your alliances between you guys are, etc. If you have any questions or comments about the game do so here. If you are no longer interested, just PM me. (:-()

If I'm not mistaken, our current cast is this: (Green are confirmed, black are not.)

Light: RichardRoy, Lilitu, Assallya

Dark: Rottenaim, Copycat

Neither: blaykelove(me), ELizzyK, Kyri, JadenMystic

Thank you!  :-)

This is my first game to host, so excuse my lack of organization. I'm open to ideas and suggestions. :-)

Copycat319

Player name: Copycat319
Character Name: Grace
Appearance: Appears to be in her early 20's, She has a rather ageless quality to her, the only hints that she would be older are the small streaks of white in her raven hair.  5'6" tall and fair-skinned with yellow-green eyes. She's of a medium build, and very lithe and graceful. Her face is open and her smile mischievous, she has very small but obvious fangs.
History: Grace was raised in the magical community almost to the point of being sheltered by it, though now lives almost exclusively in the non-magical world.  She doesn't care to remember much of her past because to her it is irrelevant. Her father was very strong, her mother was very smart, and she is very stubborn.
Personality: She prides her self on being unpredictable, even to those who supposedly know her, swinging from open cruelty to open confusion. Thrives off of chaos, she's easily enough distracted by things that catch her attention (ie. shiny objects, small movements, details out of place) and will pursue said distraction single-minded until her curiosity is fulfilled. She's highly vain, and has a bit of a superiority complex, manipulative, cunning and prone to play mind-games or ask riddles at any given time.  She's easily insulted and can be known as vindictive, cruel and sadistic. Though has become adept at acting sweet and innocent if the need arises.
Main power: Shape shifting one alt form: black panther. Also has ability to feed on the essence or aura of others and read/manipulate emotions. She's highly sensitive to psychic/magical phenomenon.

When will the posting be picking up again?

OmniKitty

When ELizzyK gets back from her vacation. Which I think is in the next few days... Her character is vital to the plot at the moment so we can't go on without her.

This is why I'm thinking we may want to make another Dark side thread and a Light side thread, maybe? Hmm... What do you think? Until I hear everybody's opinions on the matter, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no more posting on the IC thread until I've decided whether to keep it all in one thread or not.

Player Name: me

Character Name: Larissa Lee

Appearance: Short, thin, blue eyes, wavy auburn hair to the middle of her back.

History (same as other twin): Both parents had supernatural powers, but were not very strong or powerful so they never emphasized the powers to the girls. Their parents died when the girls were very young and that is when the girls were put into different foster homes, but were never welcomed for very long, so they were sent to an orphanage. They were never adopted because nobody wanted them because they were too “different” and there were too many strange occurrences. They have been experiencing some increasingly strange and seemingly supernatural occurrences that are about to force them to leave their “home.”

Personality: Larissa is a quiet and anti-social girl. She has only really taken a liking to her sister, possibly because she's been stuck with her her who life. It was probably more often her fault that they got removed from various foster parents. Not that she is a mean or bad person, she just doesn't express herself the way other people usually do. (fire+dark)

Main Powers: Manipulating minds, controlling shadows, and the likeness. Of course she cannot do this on whim yet.

Lilitu

Player Name: Lilitu
Character Name: Evelyn Grace (Evie for short)
Appearance:
She's a small and dainty woman with long white hair and soft, fair skin with bright green eyes that shine with mirth when she smiles but can be filled with sadness when she thinks no one is looking.
History: She was raised in the middle of the country by her godmother who taught her everything she needed to know to live on her own in the wilderness, but one day she went into town and the amount of darkness in people alarmed her and she decided to go live in a more populated area to help call people to the light.
Personality: Nurturing and caring, she emanates peace and warmth.
Main Power: Healing as well as making those around her tranquil and sedate.

Kyri

Player Name: Kyri

Character Name: Nickname is Fizzle. Won't tell real name to anybody.

Appearance: He naturally has messy deep cherry red hair, and eyes to match. He's of average height, but extremely thin.

History: He had a mom and dad and they all had average powers, but they died when he was young. He believed it was a conspiracy of the light magical government, so he rejected magical family's help. He had to survive on his own in the powerless world. It is impossible to conceal his appearance so he couldn't find foster parents. He has traveled alone ever since.

Personality: The first thing one would notice about Fizzle is his cockiness. He is openly in love with himself, but these very qualities are what give him his irresistible charm. He cloaks himself in his biting sarcastic humor. In reality, nobody knows much about him other than his constant joking and his tendency to be a complete asshole. He doesn't trust anybody either.

Main Powers: Teleporting, and another TBA

Lilitu

JadenMystic

Player Name: JadenMystic

Character Name: Dream Song

Appearance:

History: She's always been a loner. She ALWAYS felt a pull to both the Light and the Dark because of her parents. Her mom was Light, and her dad was Dark. Her dad raped her mom...thus the end result of me. She stays alone most of the time because she never knows which side of her she'll be: Light or Dark. She feels that both sides want her, but neither side can have her.

Personality: She's quiet and stays to herseof..Unless you get in her face and piss her off, then god help you.

Main Powers: Can control all 5 elements (from her mom), can control electricity and shadows (from her father), self heals.

I figured she'd live alone in the Magical world trying to learn where she fits in more, Every once in a while talking with her mother thru one of the elements in a kind of mind link as her mother works on trying to help her daughter be on the side of Light, and to not give in to the Dark that is her father.

The mom could be friends with the Light recruiter, and is trying to help get Dream to go to the side of Light so she could fit in better instead of sitting on the fence post so to speak between Light and Dark..except whenever her mom has her meeting with any Light Recruiter the Dark side comes out, and vice versa when she meets with a Dark recruiter, the Light side comes out.

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

JadenMystic

I like it all being in one thread, but for the purpose of the story and the characters, it'd probably be better to have a separate thread for the Light, Dark, and Neutral so they can all collaborate on who to work their part of the story together, and that way each others area is sort of a surprise to the others to help the story go along more.

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Lilitu

Well when you put it that way, it does seem like a fairly good plan.

JadenMystic

It also helps those in each area get to know each other better and to plan out how they want to go after the others. :)

Lilitu

Alright, my vote changes to multiple threads. You have me convinced. ;)

JadenMystic

lol ok. well, technically we only need one more vote for a majority rules on havingthe multiple thread for each group since we already have 4 votes now. :)

OmniKitty

True, but I have the final say no matter what.  ;)

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on the matter, but if nobody else has voted 'one thread' by tomorrow, I will post multiple threads and you guys can get started either tomorrow night or the next morning.  :-)

JadenMystic

Didn't mean to come off rude with what I posted. I know you want everyones opinion, but I also thought the vote was a majority rules thing. My apologies.

OmniKitty

No worries! I didn't think you were being rude.  :-)

OmniKitty

Edit: Light and Dark thread now posted.

JadenMystic

Are those that are neither allowed to post in both?

OmniKitty

RULES as of now:

You post with your alliance (Dark, Light, Neutral) or where you are. Example: A Neutral posts in the Neutral thread. If they are at a Dark building or something, they post in Dark. If a Light person wants to approach a Neutral person, they come in the Neutral thread. If you're about to switch to another thread, make sure to somehow say where you are going to and where you came from in your next post.

Does that make any sense?

To make things easier, you should title every post with your alliance, where you are, and if you are with anybody in bold. And also bold your name inside your post. Example:

Neutral - Orphanage with Laycie

It was one in the morning when Larissa heard a loud cracking noise.. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah rest of your post goes here.

If you have any questions or suggestions, just ask me. If you think you have a better idea than mine, tell me. This is going to be a fairly loose game, there are no set in stone rules. Just try to keep it consistent. =)

Lilitu

OmniKitty

The Light and Dark threads are now posted. This is neutral.

Feel free to start posting. Keep in mind we still have three players who have not confirmed whether or not they are joining yet, so try not to get too involved in plot yet. If I see any inconsistencies I'll politely let you know, and I expect you to do the same for me. :-)

Lilitu

Sounds good to me. I don't think my other light person is on right now and I'm not sure where we're supposed to start out but I could post an intro.

OmniKitty

I noticed. =/
Yeah, I guess you can just do an intro for now. Hopefully our other light character confirms soon.

If anybody knows somebody who may be interested let them know!

ELizzyK

Player Name: ELizzyK
Character Name: Laycie Lee
Appearance: Laycie has sparkling green eyes that are always full of mischief and laughter and brown hair that is so dark it looks as black as the night sky.  She is thin but not scarily so.  She purposely makes sure her clothes don't match and the more out of control she feels the crazier her outfit is.
History: Both parents had supernatural powers, but were not very strong or powerful so they never emphasized the powers to the girls. Their parents died when the girls were very young and that is when the girls were put into different foster homes, but were never welcomed for very long, so they were sent to an orphanage. They were never adopted because nobody wanted them because they were too “different” and there were too many strange occurrences. They have been experiencing some increasingly strange and seemingly supernatural occurrences that are about to force them to leave their “home.”
Personality: Laycie is optimistic and seemingly happy all the time. Strangers perceive her as crazy because she is always so oblivious to her less than fortunate situation and somehow manages to smile even when in severe situations. On the outside she appears to be naïve and a bit of a dumb blonde (although her hair is not blonde), but she has a complex mind. She just doesn’t want to bother anyone else with it. A few of their foster parents even believed she was a bit crazy and was cautious of her over-ly vibrant attitude.
Main Powers: Healing, controlling weather, and the likeness. Of course can't do these on whim yet.

Copycat319

now how are people to interact with each other?
If I'm the only dark-sider around?

JadenMystic

Wild Dog

Sounds like a nice setting... reminds me of the series Heroes. Wish I could give it a try.

Wild Dog

I'm specially interested in Jaden's character. How are you guies moving with this? It does seem kind of slow.

I would be willing to make a Dark character specially designed to stalk Dream Song and try to convert her to the Dark Side. He would eventually meet the other characters as well, of course.

JadenMystic

Sounds good to me, Wild Dog, but you gotta talk to blaykelove before you can post a character to get her approval. I still haven't been told if this is still a go or not, and yes, this thing is going VERY slow!

OmniKitty

If you would look at my A&A's I have been away for quite a while. I apologize.

If there are enough people to play, it is still a go.

As for the dark side, if there is no one else to interact with, I'm not sure what to say. If you want you can always find a way to interact with the rest of the chars, you aren't forced to stay in your thread.

JadenMystic

Figured I'd ask...Is it ok if I post up the spin off thread that Wild Dog and I are doing based off this RP here in the OOC thread?

Wild Dog