What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 28, 2011, 03:30:09 PM
I beat Enslaved yesterday. Wow. That was an awesome ending.

I know, right?...I want to get Maijin and the Forbidden Kingdom sometime...I hear it's good.

Wolfy

Also...

*flails* I can't play pokemon white until I get my 3DS, on march 27th...oh woe is meh! D:

Also:

3DS ARgames test

I wants it. I wants it now! >_<

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on February 28, 2011, 03:42:12 PM
Also...

*flails* I can't play pokemon white until I get my 3DS, on march 27th...oh woe is meh! D:
I wait for the day when Pokemon runs out of precious metals, base colors, and gems.

$00pah NiN10Doh! - Pokémon
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

But now..Don't we have the villains/society actually playing god and creating pokemon? Thus going above Arceus himself? O-o And don't tell me Porygon counts..cause it doesn't. lol

Though, you can catch Wild Porygon in White Forest in pokemon White...I wonder what the hell THAT says.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on February 28, 2011, 03:50:38 PM
But now..Don't we have the villains/society actually playing god and creating pokemon? Thus going above Arceus himself? O-o And don't tell me Porygon counts..cause it doesn't. lol

Though, you can catch Wild Porygon in White Forest in pokemon White...I wonder what the hell THAT says.
The only pokemon I know from that whole thing is Porygon. :( (Gave up the game after gold and silver).

I still really only like the first 150. When they still had animals to base it off of.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 28, 2011, 03:53:41 PM
The only pokemon I know from that whole thing is Porygon. :( (Gave up the game after gold and silver).

I still really only like the first 150. When they still had animals to base it off of.

:/..but...most pokemon are still based off of animals, and hell, there were even some object pokemon in the original 150, too.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on February 28, 2011, 04:07:23 PM
:/..but...most pokemon are still based off of animals, and hell, there were even some object pokemon in the original 150, too.
Meh, I kind of just lost interest. 150 awesome, 300 still okay, but now it's just too much, and the story remains basically unchanged. It's just too much to care about.

Wolfy

Well, why fix what's not broken? :P

But..the Story in Black and White is supposed to be a little different...and they seem to be moving away from the Age 10 Protagonists to age 14-15, at least. :p

On another note, Inki.

We dare - Have a spicy evening!

Does this look like a game that should be played by children/young teens? Because apparently Pegi, the UK games rating board, thinks so, since they gave it a 12+ rating.

Inkidu

I can only think of General Jack D. Ripper from Dr. Strangelove now. :P

Hemingway

I'm not sure how to feel about Bulletstorm's ending. I mean, there was nothing wrong with it, I liked the twist they threw in a lot, but after that, it was just so abrupt. Granted, to actually finish the story would've made the game twice as long, and I get that they're going for "replay value", but that sort of thing does nothing for me. I'll probably get a few hours of fun out of Echoes, but nothing more. I might play some more Anarchy, too, but I'm really hoping they'll add something more with DLC, be it multiplayer modes, guns, skillshots, whatever.

Still, it's not so bad that I won't say this: best FPS since CoD4, easily. Possibly even better, depending on what you're going by. It's a brilliant shooter with a lot of good, well-executed ideas ( skillshots, slow motion, a lot of neat tricks ... enemies are barely a threat, more like props for you to execute in the most elaborate ways possible ). It has a pulpish story that, all the same, is great, and delivered even better. The humor is a mix between dumb, pointless profanity and stupidity, and impeccable timing. It's not just mildly amusing one-liners.

Man, what more can I say? I was expecting a bit of entertainment to keep me going until DA2's release, but this game completely blew me away.

Wolfy

Actually, they've already announced DLC, and if you got the Epic Edition, keep it for April, when the Gears 3 Beta is opened.

Hemingway

Wolfy

Believe me, I'm itching to trade in my copy..but that beta keeps me from doing it.  XD

Hemingway

I have no doubt I'll be replaying this game, but ... well, just spent some time in Anarchy mode, and ... it'd be amazing with a group of friends, but with strangers ... like, sometimes it gives you bonus points if you perform a certain Skillshot. If it's Vertigo, you'll usually have people trying to Leash the enemy toward the edge ... but it's always more than one, and if two people leash and enemy at the same time, the enemy dies. It's normally a good thing, but not when you're trying to get bonus points.

Sabby

Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes.

I try... every few months, I come back to this game, hoping I'm better, that I can actually step up. And every time, it pulls me over its knee, yanks my pants down and takes a shark toothed club to my naive hieny.

Yes Kingdom Under Fire, I suck. Yes, your too extreme for me... yes, I'm going to click the Retry button. Yes, I'm going to like it... yes, I'm a bitch.

v.v

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on February 28, 2011, 10:04:06 PM
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes.

I try... every few months, I come back to this game, hoping I'm better, that I can actually step up. And every time, it pulls me over its knee, yanks my pants down and takes a shark toothed club to my naive hieny.

Yes Kingdom Under Fire, I suck. Yes, your too extreme for me... yes, I'm going to click the Retry button. Yes, I'm going to like it... yes, I'm a bitch.

v.v

Hmm..sounds like Super Meat Boy.

Wolfy

Argh, I'm stuck...>_< Do I pre-order homefront on Steam and get Metro 2033 for free and a sweet TF2 hat, or do I not? D:...>_< The prospect of a free game is really enticing.

Lirliel

That depends, do you like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and or Post-Apocalyptic Shooters?

Yes -> Preorder Homefront on Steam
No -> Preorder it somewhere else
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Wolfy

Well yes, I do like Post-Apocalyptic Shooters...the problem is, do I pre-order Homefront, or not?..I mean, it looks like a nice game and all, but..I just don't know. lol

Inkidu

I eat up that alternate history stuff, so even if it reviews halfway to decent I'm going to end up getting it. Singularity was like epic for me because it was commies! How much have you got to put down to pre-order it on Steam? If it's like Gamestop and it's five bucks, hell yes pre-order it and then get Metro.

Hemingway

Pre-purchasing on Steam doesn't cost you anything extra. Sometimes it's cheaper ( like the Witcher 2, which is 10% off if you pre-purchase! )

Speaking of Singularity: I hope it gets a sequel, set in the world as Singularity left it.

Also on Steam: Crysis 2 demo. I'm gonna try it out, see if it's as disappointing as it looks.

Wolfy

So wait, does Steam Charge you the full amount when you pre-order, or only when it gets released?

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on March 01, 2011, 04:09:37 PM
Pre-purchasing on Steam doesn't cost you anything extra. Sometimes it's cheaper ( like the Witcher 2, which is 10% off if you pre-purchase! )

Speaking of Singularity: I hope it gets a sequel, set in the world as Singularity left it.

Also on Steam: Crysis 2 demo. I'm gonna try it out, see if it's as disappointing as it looks.
I can see Wolfy's confusion.

Hemingway

Quote from: Wolfy on March 01, 2011, 04:24:51 PM
So wait, does Steam Charge you the full amount when you pre-order, or only when it gets released?

When you pre-purchase.

Inkidu