The Ship [Scifi-Horror EX Game] [GM-esque person wanted]

Started by GloomCookie, April 28, 2014, 11:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

I could see my breath in the dim air in front of me, a small cloud that made it feel even colder than it already was.  I wiped the sweat from my forehead with an arm and braced myself against the bulkhead, pushing with all my strength against the manual release.  The handle didn't want to budge, and it took all my strength to get it to move.  When it finally gave, I tumbled to the deck, hitting my shoulder and knee.  It hurt, but that pain would only be temporary.  I picked myself up and grabbed the lever, pulling it again and again, thankful it now was free to move.  The door groaned open, and a rush of warmer air greeted me.  I climbed through to the room beyond.

I found myself in one of the maintenance closets, one of those rooms tucked away out of sight.  Inside were the usual things, like buckets, cleaning supplies, a broom.  I took the broom because I had nothing else to defend myself with, being a scrawny girl and all.  Nothing wrong with being a scrawny girl, I suppose, just agitating when you want the muscles of some big action hero and you've got pipe cleaners for arms.  Still, clutching my new weapon close, I was glad to find that the door leading out of this closet actually worked, meaning part of the ship still had power.  I stepped out into a hallway that, were it not for the eerie silence, would appear to be perfectly normal, and no doubt would have been full of people heading to various activities.

Picking a direction randomly since the ship was a giant maze, I began to walk.  The ship was designed to offer so many luxuries and comforts, but they'd crammed so many over the years, it made it a nightmare to find your way through.  I had been down enjoying a game of basketball when the ship lost power, everyone screaming in fear.  Before I could react, the ship lurched, sending me flying through the dark to hit my head on a rack, where I passed out.  When I woke up, I was woozy, and I was all alone.  Alone in a dark basketball court, shivering from the cold.  That was... almost two hours ago now, and I wished I knew where I was going.  This place was creepy as hell, and I wanted to either find my parents, find someone who knew what was going on, or find a lifeboat and escape.  All those options sounded good right now.

They sounded very, very good right now.

The Ship is a scifi horror game I've had in my head for some time, and I'd love to see it brought to life.  My idea is to play Brooke Montgomery, a young lady who is on holiday with her parents aboard the Prometheus, an aging cruise liner that has probably seen better days but is still considered a luxury liner of the highest caliber.  The ship is on a routine run through normal, relatively safe space (nothing is ever entirely safe) when something happens.  This occurrence happens while Brooke is down in the recreation area having fun playing basketball.  The resulting problem throws her against a rack of basketballs, where she receives a minor concussion and blacks out.  When she wakes up, she is a bit disoriented, but knows it's getting cold and that she needs to escape to find warmth and possibly what's going on, if not a way off the ship.  From there, the adventure picks up.

Will Brooke make it off the ship alive?  Will she find out what caused the problem in the first place?  Will she ever see her parents again?  That's for you, the GM, to tell!

Gratuitous space ship picture:
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

GloomCookie

*peeks up over the edge, looks around, then tries to nudge the thread a bit, maybe wiping some dust off*
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

EdwardShane

I might be willing to give it a try, if you like...sci-fi usually isn't my cup of tea, but this intrigues me enough that I'd be willing to give it a go.

EDIT: Already came up with some plot stuff and other general ideas.  Definitely interested in giving this a go.