Slay That Dragon! (Interest Check)

Started by bubby, May 08, 2011, 01:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

We are. It's a sausage fest in here! Much as I LLOOOVVVEEE sausage, rawr..  >:) we need some female characters...even if this means one of you maybe being willing to play a Queen or Sorceress? I'm off to work now kids...play nice!

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Freia, real name unknown (known as the Grey Witch, or Dark Lady)
Age: Appears to be in her early twenties, actual age unknown.
Type of Character: Sorceress
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
History: Freia is part of a tradition of inherited power, far from more rigorous procedures of master apprentice teaching. Her powers are familial, and were taught to her by her mother. Although her appearance isn't always reported as even similar to the one she now has, her names, and the myths that tend to crop up around a sorceress from far outside any major human centers, are well known.

Freia came to the cities in search of wealth. She hoards, like some dragons, though she cares less for gold and jewels than she does for the strange and powerful relics of the world. She tends to stay in one place or another, at the cost of her clients, the rich and royal. She purchases ingredients from slayers, and makes elixirs. Word of her plying her trade to the wealthy arose around the time that slayers, and elixirs began to receive great demand, and although that would make her as old as the dragons, the common theory is that her name, like her trade, is an inheritance.

Personality: As a mystic and something of a trickster, she tends to amuse herself by being intentionally cryptic. Her bargains tend to be straightforward, however, money for goods, goods for money, though in other situations, where her other skills are sought out, her bargains can be more complicated, and often dangerous. She is clearly well aware of her power, and her weaknesses, and so, tends to fear almost nothing, believing herself perfectly capable of knowing when she is superior, and when she must retreat.

Strengths & Weaknesses:

Knowledge: Her greatest strength is her knowledge. Her ability to recall every detail of the vast number of ingredients and objects required for anything she needs to do is astounding, and so, she is vary rarely caught off-guard where magic is concerned.

Poison: Immune to almost all kinds of corruption and poison, Freia is a master of poisons, and her sharp nails are often more potentially deadly than her blades, or magic.

Mystic: Capable of great power, Freia's abilities are mystic, tending to trick the mind, with illusion, or ensnaring weaker minds with visions of riches, that usually lead to a long drop, and very abrupt halt. Her voice can be one of the more potent methods of controlling others, and her words almost always trick the foolish, and confuse the wise.

Relics: Almost everything on her person is in some way valuable, or dangerous. She carries a variety of blades, poisons, elixirs, and other objects. Stealing her possessions is almost always fatal, as poison is one of her favorite traps. Her blades are dragon-bone, and her clothing is made from the clothing of a great many powerful sorcerers, and sorceresses.

Physical Power: She has almost none. Not particularly sprightly or strong, she tends to be incapable of engaging in direct combat, or even effective running away from a faster pursuer. If caught, unarmed, she is quite easy to subdue, presuming that one can see past her other tricks.

Dragons: Since her magic is intended for humans, and is much older in origin than slayers, and the conflict between dragons and humans, it is mostly ineffectual against dragons. She tends to avoid dragons, and areas where they might be. Furthermore, her lack of martial skill leaves her reliant on slayers for the ingredients she needs.

I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Nooblet

Name: Lynduleon Honart

Type of Character: King

Appearance:

History: Leon was raised to respect others, and treat them with kindness. He was taught to be kind, and to rule his people fairly. Leon was always a quick study, retaining any information fed to him without any trouble. One thing that interested him greatly was dragons. His father encouraged Leon's research into dragons and provided anything Leon needed. Through his studies Leon learned to adore dragons, not to fear them. He learned dragons were not simple beasts that needed to be slain, but were individuals. Certainly there were some dragons who deserved slaying, same as humans. But the Slayers didn't make such a notice. They slew any and every dragon. Leon's father, not sharing the same sentiment towards dragons, never listened to Leon's ideals about them. Instead his father, albeit a kind man, paid many slayers and had plenty of elixirs concocted. Leon was fed these elixirs, not enough to harm him, but enough to enhance his body past the limit of a normal human. Leon's father had then begun to train Leon in the ways of war, intending to make Leon a grand hero against the dragons. As the years past, Leon's father drank one to many of his own elixirs, and abruptly died. Finding himself thrown into the position of king, Leon set about to settle the court and pave the way for a new future. Immediately he donned his family's armor, a lightweight set of armor made from dragonscales. The armor was said to have been a gift, from days when the dragons and humans coexisted, as was his weapon 'Dragon's Pride'. Leon wished for a world where once again Dragon and Man could coexist, so he set to work. He sent away his father's sorcerer, bringing in a friend of his whom he trusted greatly to take the position instead. He had the army trained to a higher degree, spending much of his coffers to outfit his troops with the best equipment. When he felt they were ready, he had a small detachment of them 'rebel' and flee into the wilderness. This detachment pretended to be dragon worshipers, and secretly plotted with Leon. Any slayer passing into Leon's realm was waylaid by these men, and in the end cut down by them. Leon, although saddened by having to kill, knew he was doing the right thing.

Personality: Leon is a kindhearted individual, usually preferring to talk his problems out rather than fight. Leon is no coward however, and is more than willing to lock blades with those who would destroy his dreams of peace.

Strengths:
Elixirs: Leon has partaken in enough Elixirs to give him enhanced life, strength, speed, and endurance, but not enough that would harm him.

Training: Leon has trained with many skilled warriors when his father meant him to be a hero. As such his combat prowess are quite well developed.

Equipment: Leon's equipment is of high quality, made from dragon scales and bones.

King: As king Leon has scores of loyal followers to call upon.

Information: Leon is able to retain information with eease, storing it away for later use.

Weaknesses:

Kindness: Leon is naturally kindhearted, and this is easily an exploitable flaw in him.

Deception: Because of his kindness, Leon likes to believe there is good in everyone, and can be deceived fairly easily.

Dragons: Leon has no combat experience against dragons, and as such has no way of countering an attack by one.

Magic: Leon has no magical knowledge, and is easily hurt by attacks of that nature.

Innocents: Leon will not abide the loss of innocent lives. He can easily be forced into something should someone have the right 'bait'.

Wasn't sure if I should use that pic, or this one:
You can never be to young to die, but you can be to old to live. Might as well enjoy life while you can.

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Nooblet

Thanks Wyrd  ;D
I quite like the sound of yours as well, and of course everyone else's  XD
You can never be to young to die, but you can be to old to live. Might as well enjoy life while you can.

Wyrd

Thank you. i know Jakob is gonna have some fun with those soldier's of yours. >:)
Ragtime Dandies!

Dragondancer

Woohoo, lookit the great cast of characters assembled!

Silver Dragon - bubby
Black Dragon - PeacethatPowerbrings
Wind Dragon/human - Zaer Darkwail
Red Dragon/human - ofDelusions
White Dragon - Insatiably Bored

Slayer - AngelicBlade
Slayer - Wyrd
Slayer/Obsidian Dragon - Kaiten
Slayer - Urbanzorro
Slayer - Drakan

Princess - inflatetress
King - Nooblet
Royal(?) - AndyZ

Sorceress - PeacethatPowerbrings

Somehow I was both too late and too early to the party to snag a dragon or slayer spot, LOL. But, as my long day at work today reminded me, I shouldn't be trying to fit in another group game anyway, *sigh*. But I sooooo wanna play! *pouts*  Well, Bubby...if I don't end up posting a character bio before your Monday deadline, y'all have a blast in here!!  *snugs* ;D

AndyZ

I really don't know what I'll make, although the idea of aiming towards a rider could be fun.  I have an old princess idea I can remanifest.  I was also thinking about blue frost dragon.

The thing that worries me is that I'm really iffy on PC killing unless I have to for game reasons.  And even then I've had several bad experiences of people getting seriously upset with me.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

bubby

Quote from: Dragondancer on May 11, 2011, 09:38:57 PM
Somehow I was both too late and too early to the party to snag a dragon or slayer spot, LOL. But, as my long day at work today reminded me, I shouldn't be trying to fit in another group game anyway, *sigh*. But I sooooo wanna play! *pouts*  Well, Bubby...if I don't end up posting a character bio before your Monday deadline, y'all have a blast in here!!  *snugs* ;D

And YOU sweet lady are awesome for simply making that list! And I TOTALLY hope you end up joining my new little party here, but if you can't I understand completely. Least I got you in Gladiator, muwaha! I know Drakan is liking it. *Eyes him*

@Nooblet: Love the char too! I see a potential of my char and yours coming to an understanding....maybe. Heh. AWESOME! Maybe, since he's been enhanced by the elixirs, to add more conflict to your char, he finds he -needs- the elixirs to keep up what he's already got going? Addicted now, against his desires? Just an idea.

@Peace: You, sirrah, are wonderful, being willing to make another char, let alone make her female. I THANK YOU MUCHLY!

Zaer Darkwail

Dragondancer, feel free join the game :). Make for change a female slayer! So there is one female at least in each branch of the game; Dragons, Slayers and Royalty/Sorcerers

Drakan

*nods* I totally agree Zaer!!! *looks to bubby regarding her last comment* did I do something wrong? :( lol i kid

Bella90

hi :)
I'm interested in playing a sorceress.. :D if that's possible

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Bella90 on May 12, 2011, 12:00:24 PM
hi :)
I'm interested in playing a sorceress.. :D if that's possible

It's possible I think :). Just make bio and wait for approval.

Bella90

^^ Thanks, alright, I'll work on a char. ^^

AngelicBlade

bubby

Ok. I'm trying REAL hard to put together the opening page for the OOC. If not later tonight, FOR SURE tomorrow, along with character thread. We'll start this by this weekend I think!

Kaiten

bubby

YAY!

Here's the OOC thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=106693.0  Everyone move there for OOC commentary, and we'll keep this as an interest thread.

And here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=106694.0 is the character thread. Everyone move their character bios there please. I should be able to have the IC thread up tomorrow, but if not, I PROMISE on Saturday!

Bella90

Name:Verasiel Heart
Type of Character:  She is a sorceress.
Appearance
hair: raven black.
eyes: Dark blue (navy) almost violet, and turns clear violet when she works with her magic, goes completely white with a slight bluish gleam when she'd having a vision.
Tiger's name: Ninjara.
   --the second picture is when she works with a little darkness,--
History: Vera has grown into a family of sorcerers, hence, her training had always included her holding a spell book, or learning how to control the magic that ran in her veins no to mention to learn to control the ability that only traveled in her family's blood line. Her ability to see the future, that ability was only a dominant allele skipping a generation. It had skipped her father's generation, but it had appeared in her. Since her childhood she was overtaken by strong visions indicating the future. Sometimes her predictions weren't as accurate as people would wish. Her ability to see the future depends on who knows her predictions, and what was involved in it, as well as the choices that people still aren't sure of. Because she learned to sue magic at a very young age, Vera is now a very dependable sorceress. She was given a gift when she was young, a large white tiger, a symbol of her transition from an apprentice to a full on sorceress. and she cherished the large feline as if it were a human understanding everything she says, and from whom she sometimes extracts equipments for certain elixirs.
Personality:
  -Positive: Loyal, determined, analytical, cautious, caring to those she love, protective. Kind, she has a little trouble deciding between mind and heart.
- Negative: Temperamental, can be rash sometimes, she is good at hiding her visions (when they're small at least) she's extremely secretive. She is impossibly stubborn. She could be easily viewed as aggressive and unapproachable.
Strengths&Weaknesses:

Strengths: She could go on for long periods of time without refueling. Her ability to understand the types of magic affecting people, and how to resolve the problems connected to it is a great asset.
- She has the ability to easily understand the motives of others, and to judge their words, whether they're telling the truth or lying, in other words, she has good judgement.
- Her physical form isn't as fragile as she may make it appear, she can actually withstand a battle.
- she has a very persuasive manner when she speaks, she can easily convince those who are as hard headed as she is.
- She has a good connection to nature.

Weaknesses:
-if she used her powers too much, the weaker she becomes physically and needs to refuel.
- Her visions usually leave her in a robotic, zombie-like state.
- she may be open minded, but once put to a task, she considers it life or death.
- She has strong values that she would stand with through to the end, despite the consequences.

Bella90

bubby

AWESOME! We have plenty of dragons and slayers, now we need Royals and maybe a couple more sorcerers!