News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fate/Stay Night Roleplay [Interest Check]

Started by KeyOfTwilight, April 11, 2014, 09:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeyOfTwilight

Been a very long while since I've been on here.  I have considerable time when I'm waiting for work to dry and such, so I figure why not see if people are interested in a Fate/Stay Night roleplay.  I have some ideas, but it depends largely on the number interested in the roleplay for which ideas I go with. 

Long story short, I need at least 7 people interested in the roleplay to get one going.  At minimum, that would be seven including me.  Each person would play both master and servant.  If we have more than 7 interested, I could go for the Fate/Apocrypha approach of a team grail war.

So peeplezz!  Who is interested?

pendarious

I'm interested sure but it all depends on what you've got in mind
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

KeyOfTwilight

Essentially a grail war.  Likely set in the future of the storyline, though one of the earlier grail wars could also work.  The events of Fate/Zero took place during the 4th grail war, and that was in the 90s.  The 3rd would have taken place 60 years previous, in the 30s, the second in 1870, and the first in 1810.  The 5th, however, took place only 6 years or so after the 6th because of a fluke, and that grail was destroyed.  There were multiple grails however, and timelines, locations, etc, can be changed to represent which grail and which location.

SakamotoHD

Depends on the interest, but I'll throw my hat in. But if you exceed 7, omit me and allow them their place. As I do not know how much time I will have.

Vanetias

VonDoom

Potentially interested, pending further detail.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

KeyOfTwilight

Ok, good to see some interest.  I can tell you a bit more on this.

This will likely be in a parallel world to the one in Fate, much like Apocrypha is.  All of them are connected via Akasha (The Root) so they are all very similar.  Certain things just happened differently.  You can assume, if you are familiar with the anime/game/novels that the first two grail wars went off the same way as in those timelines.  The difference is that during the third war, the Einzbern family was unsuccessful at summoning Angra Mainyu, and as such the grail was not polluted as it was in the main series.  The third war ended with no clear winner, much as the past ones, and while they tried, none of the 3 great families were able to reach Akasha, or in the case of the Einzberns, recover the secrets to the Third Magic (Prophecy/Divination.)  Reasons for this are usually blamed on the onset of the second world war, as the 3rd Grail war took place in the years and political/military buildup leading to that. 
At the advent of the fourth Grail war, it was discovered that during WW2, the laylines in Fuyuki were interrupted, and the Grail required more time to recover the mana necessary to initiate the War.  Further study of the current level of mana revealed that it would be another 15 years before the grail was ready.  This of course completely changed the timeline from the core Fate timeline, in that the events leading up to and surrounding Fate/Zero never occurred.

A summary of the state of the 3 families and those associated with original Fate/Zero events:

Kiritsugu Emiya was initially pegged as the master for the Einzberns, but when the war did not start, he opted to settle down and raise Illya with his wife, Irisvielle.  Although born of a homunculus, Illya is more human than Homunculi, both in having a soul and a standard lifespan.  She is the beginning of the new bloodline for the Einzberns.

The Matou Family adopted Sakura, and at the urging of her uncle, Kariya, stayed their hand in order to allow Kariya to take her place as the potential master in the grail war.  However, when the war did not come, Kariya passed soon after, the worms which gave him magic totally consuming his body.  Zoken passed soon after as well, spelling a permanent end to the Matou family, save what bloodline lived on in Sakura.  Sakura was brought back to the Tohsaka family, and raised with her sister.

The Tohsaka family continued to thrive, and though the issue of two daughters plagued Tokiomi initially, it was decided that Sakura would be apprenticed out to a rising name in the Clock Tower: Waver Velvet.  Velvet had made waves among mages after proving his theory that hard work and skill could surpass genetic talent.  Tokiomi, ever the opportunist, allied himself with Velvet for his own reasons, as well as the well-being of his daughter.

Both Risei and Kirei Kotomine died, the former of old age, and the latter of suicide, his purpose in life taken once again by the unexpected postponement of the fourth grail war.  The respective overseer for the church changed to Caren Hortensia, the only living relative of the Kotomine family.

The fourth Grail war will begin in 2014, 15 years after the failed start. 

VonDoom

Hmm, sounds pretty workable, if perhaps a touch  too positive for my Urobuchi-loving self.  ;D

Will Masters representing the three families be available for play? I have an Einzbern character written up I never quite got to play with properly and would welcome the opportunity to give him another chance. I assume we won't be sharing any character details in this thread, since many the characters will most likely be in active opposition for much of the game?

O&O

KeyOfTwilight

Oh it will be much darker, don't worry.  As for the three families, yes that will be the case, they will be playable.  First come, first serve of course.  Basic info will be shared amongst the players character wise, as well as the class of servants that each player has.  The true identity of the servants will be kept secret though.

Also, I do not want any repeats of servants used in the series.  I'd rather have some creativity here, you know, use the internet, find historical heroes, legends, etc, that you can make your own. 

VonDoom

Ho-ho-ho, if that's the case ... good thing I already sent a PM.  >:)

Edit: Also, that's Futakuchi-onna in your avatar, isn't it? Mmm, youkai.  >:)

O&O

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

KeyOfTwilight

So that means the Einzbern and Tohsaka are both taken. 

Incidently, the only two Tohsaka mages that would be alive at this time are Tokiomi, and Rin. 

VonDoom

Tokiomi might still have had relatives outside of Japan, no? Wasn't one of his parents noted as a foreigner?

O&O

KnightNelson20

pendarious

Tokiomi does actually have a couple of relatives who live in london they work as clock tower security or something they are never very clear on it though

Savant of the Wastes

This sounds very interesting, and I would love to play! Although, if I could make a small suggestion... Wouldn't it be better to have each player only play one part of the Servant-Master duo? You could pair players off based on what they want. It would give people a lot more opportunities to roleplay with each other, rather than writing out long segments of just their two characters talking to each other. It would also leave room for a larger group, if we get that much interest, or you could pad out the war with NPC pairs.

Xenolord

Key told me about this, so I thought I might lurk for a bit. My interest determine  How much of the Fate/Stay universe you need to know... as I know none. Also, and I told Key this, I will find a way to make it funny. Like being Don Quixote. :D

Niki315

I love the Type Moon universe, particularly Fate.  I was thinking of making a Barthomeloi character if you have room for that.

KnightNelson20

Quote from: Savant of the Wastes on April 13, 2014, 07:25:27 AM
This sounds very interesting, and I would love to play! Although, if I could make a small suggestion... Wouldn't it be better to have each player only play one part of the Servant-Master duo? You could pair players off based on what they want. It would give people a lot more opportunities to roleplay with each other, rather than writing out long segments of just their two characters talking to each other. It would also leave room for a larger group, if we get that much interest, or you could pad out the war with NPC pairs.

I had the same thought.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on April 13, 2014, 10:40:06 PM
I had the same thought.

I voice same thought, I say everyone gets master and servant chars, however they cannot RP their own servant or RP their own master (as that's boring to most people anyways). So people could 'pair up' with each other and there could be lots added NPC masters and servants which to fight against.

Anyways voice my interest and I have excelent servant idea also :).

Niki315

Well, I'm not sure playing two characters is for everyone. I think people who want to play servants should play servants, and players who want to play masters should play masters.  They can be paired up where possible, but it's likely not everyone is going to have a player controlled partner.

Zaer Darkwail

That's also possible, perhaps folks who have less hard time control multiple PC's roll more than one servant/master with ST's approval if some players voice out they do not like roll a master (or a servant) besides their own char?

VonDoom

Hmm, KeyofTwilight hasn't been online in awhile. I hope this project isn't dead.  :-\

O&O